PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Vincent Delannoy

vdelanno
03-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Vincent Delannoy has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

MDN67
03-22-2005, 02:41 PM
welcome and good luck:thumbsup:
français peut être?

vdelanno
03-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Hello People,

I'm quite new here, and this is just for fun. I'm quite a bad painter, and drawer. So excuse me for how it will turn to be.
The first Idea I had was of a woman ironing cloth while a man was watching tv. But this would mean that none of the character would look at the other, and so have no expression on the face.
Then I thought about cinderella:
Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl called Cinderella and she had two ugly step sisters who were very unkind who made her do all the hard work. She had to sweep the floors, do all the dishes, while they dressed up in fine clothes and went to lots of parties.
One day a special invitation arrived at Cinderella's house. It was from the royal palace. The king's only son was a truly handsome prince was going to have a grand ball. Three girls were invited to come. Cinderella knew she wouldn't be allowed to go to the ball. But the ugly sisters, ho ho ho, they were excited. They couldn't talk about anything else.
When the day of the ball came, they made such a fuss. Poor Cinderella had to rush about upstairs and downstairs. She fixed their hair in fancy waves and curls. She helped them put on their expensive new dresses.

Here will come my picture: cinderella, sitted on a chair, fixing one of her sisters' cloth, starring at her sisters while they dance and enjoy the idea of getting to the bal. The foreground will be full of colors, movements, joy. The sisters will only think of themselves. and the background will be badly lighted, with just a small light to allow cinderella to do a good job.

vdelanno
03-22-2005, 02:49 PM
>> MDN67: ouaips, francais. Avec un nom pareil, c'est difficile de se tromper. Toi aussi, j'imagine

NOOB!
03-22-2005, 02:52 PM
nice story,will be cool to see how ur art progresses.

vdelanno
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
What I would like to do:
still the sisters on the foreground, dancing and having fun. They are in bright light. One on the left, one on the right. None of them is looking at cinderella, they only think about themselves
Cinderella in the background, sitted on a chair. She is working on some fixing for one of her sisters dress or hat. She is a the limit of the light. She has moved her face forward to have some light, so her body is in the shadow, while her face and hands are in the light. She is looking at one of her sisters, wanting to go to the bal too. I hope I will be able to give her some despair and envy.

I think a vertical layout would be better, so as to add somme weight on Cincerella's shoulders, make her look more oppressed.

Something like this:
But I'll still have to find some composition
http://delannoy.vincent.free.fr/MasterSlave/miseenscene1.jpg

vdelanno
04-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Going on slowly. Not having a computer at home makes it a bit more difficult.
http://delannoy.vincent.free.fr/MasterSlave/miseenscene2.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2005, 10:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.