PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Trailer of my short film, "Invalid"

ramis
09-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi all, I've just finished the trailer for the short film I'm working on as the final project for the school.

Just 5 Mb encoded with DivX 5.02

You can download it from my webpage:

"Invalid" Trailer
http://www.lopezdau.com

English and spanish versions available :)

Comments and suggestions are very welcome, I need them to improve the final look of the project. The trailer is just to show what I have. What do you think I have/must change?

I'm waiting for your replys! Best regards!

pluMmet
09-24-2002, 02:10 PM
though the cg is brief, it look as though it was well done. I'm looking forward to the rest!!!

ramis
09-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Just an intro to the story, you know, if I put more animation I could be posting here the short itself, not a trailer :D

I've done it in order to receive comments and suggestions about the character, the environment and so on, so I can get a better final work.

regards!

[msf]
09-25-2002, 02:30 AM
Very cool stuff influenced by Osmosis Jones at all?

ramis
09-25-2002, 09:26 PM
Yes, the guy looks like Osmosis Jones When I drawed it, I was looking for a very expresive character, and I think I subconscioustly got a very "standard" character... big eyes, wide eyebrows, big mouth etc... maybe the beard (it's said that way?) remind to Osmosis Jones too much, but I like the final result!

regards!

Ramiro

Bezerker75
09-26-2002, 01:50 AM
hey this is looking great....I really like the character...even if he does look slightly like Osmosis Jones...the animation looks smooth...and the environments look nice...I would love to see some stills from the city scape...looks really cool...but you only see it for a few seconds in the trailer you have there...anyway maybe you could post some or add them to your site...also maybe some larger resolution stills of the character himself would be great too...keep it up...can't wait to see more..!:thumbsup:

danylyon
09-26-2002, 02:09 PM
the cg is really sweet.. well animated.

I don't like the type and the (filtered) 5th element cityscape. The dancing scene is cool.. but the look doesn't fit to the cg.

I would go for an all cg.

ramis
09-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Yeah danylyon, both the dancing scene and the 5th element bg will not be in the final project, but I'd only one week to animate, render and edit all the trailer, and no time to model a city and a party scene :) So as we are right now studying combustion, I used my little knowledge on it and edited some footage.

I'm working right now on the city, maybe I'll be posting a thread in the WIP forum.

By the way, you are the only person that realized that the bg is from the 5th element ;)

paconavarro
09-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Excelente animacion!!!!!!!!!

que software estas utilizando???

El ambiente esta genial!!!!!!!

Hay muy buenos detalles tanto en animacion como en el modelado.... suerte........

slaughters
09-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Nice animation. Is this a "Finished Work" or a "Work In Progress" ?

If it is a work in progress then you might think of changing the first scene which shows the main character. The yawning/stretching looks more like what a person does when they first wake up in the morning. For a late night partier I would expect to see drooping shoulders, a slumped head, and a causually stifled yawn. Slow minimal motions, not broad quick motions.

ramis
09-27-2002, 11:03 AM
The trailer is a finished project, but the short film itself is still work in progress, I'm improving lots of things after the trailer.

Estoy usando 3dsmax 5 ;)

Regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.