PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Wil Hallett

Pages : [1] 2

W-I-L
03-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Wil Hallett has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5873)

Latest Update: Final Image: Women's intuition
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116449647_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116449647_large.jpg)

Story:
A king of old who was poweful but fair and a great ruler, fell in love with a women, and they shared there love for a brief while before the women disappeared. the king's people could not find her and so he resorted to seeking out the dark withes of the ancient wood. he made a deal with them and they told him that if he were to plant a tree and wait by it then she would return to him.
So this is what the king did. long he waited and longer still. he gave up his land and his life, and stayed in the woods day and night. the eyars passed by and he grew insane with lonliness, only the two sisters of the wood wispering hope in his ear.
And so eventually it came to pass that a women was walking trough the woods and saw this old senile king.
After years he saw only saw his once true love. He saw she was scared and she tried to run. love and hope soon turned to anger the more she fought him and the king confused when she stopped struggling and lay cold and still beneath him.
In despair he dug a hole at the base of the tree and buried the women and himself in it. The last thing he saw was the two sisters smiling down at him as they still wispered hope of seein his love in tyhe afterlife.

And so he condemned himself to his eternal fate... seeing only his true love in the bodys of women throughout the centuriys, ever taunted by the two sisters.The tree grew large and strong and so did the old king, possesed and warped by the tree. many a yong girl lay slain and buried beneath taht tree, they in turn becoming th restless.

Untill one day a women happened on this tree, who had te power to see into this demonic being and see the old king, full of despair and love, and even while she was being pulled down to be buried she locked eyes with his and tried ot find the last piece of humanity in them, so that he culd rest ad she be freed. But the sisters stil look on, ever smiling, knowing there is no escape . . .

NOOB!
03-22-2005, 11:55 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! hi wil!!!

hope we can both finish sumthin this time eh? hehe

W-I-L
03-22-2005, 11:57 AM
lets try our hardest...really going to push myself this time.this is going to be better than the space opera!

NOOB!
03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
can't wait! i've already begun!

now its ur turn heh.

MDN67
03-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi will, and good luck:thumbsup:

tlggungor
03-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi W'L welcomeee.GOOD LUCK :buttrock: :)

walrus
03-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Okay, it's only TWO months this time, so you'd better ride it out the whole way this time 'round! :-) Look forward to seeing what you do...!

-mike

coCoKNIght
03-22-2005, 06:44 PM
better than the space opera? ok, i won't miss it :)

W-I-L
03-22-2005, 07:17 PM
better than the space opera? ok, i won't miss it :)

yeah space opera wasn't really my cup of tea. This is a lot better i reckon.

Tommy Lee
03-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Good luck buddy!:thumbsup: Looking forward to see what you come up with...

Cheerz

Tom

Squibbit
03-23-2005, 11:23 AM
so when can we see some sketches ? hmm ??

W-I-L
03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1111841869_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1111841869_large.jpg)

Hello,

Man i have no time to do this competition, do not know if i will fin.

But anyway . . . just a quick sketch.
Initial idea of a man being a slave to a fairie type creature, or could change into a little demon creature. Possibilities are endless really. Maybe the man could even trap the fairie, who knows..... but these thought s led to this initial concept sketch.

by no means my final idea.

W-I-L
03-26-2005, 12:00 PM
so when can we see some sketches ? hmm ??

no one can keep up with you, o prolific one!

Squibbit
03-26-2005, 12:27 PM
ah no worries i just wanted to get you started :)

nice sketch.. u could also have it that the man
in the pic had done a wrong deed and would have
to perform a series of duties for the fairie people
to make up for it..you'd of course have to alter
the pic a bit so it would show all that :D

W-I-L
03-26-2005, 12:28 PM
thats a nice idea squib. might go away and have a play around.

W-I-L
03-26-2005, 12:55 PM
i have not seen black arts here yet...is mr.mandrake not entering...is there a 2 win limit..do the rest of us have a chance?

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 01:31 PM
i have not seen black arts here yet...is mr.mandrake not entering...is there a 2 win limit..do the rest of us have a chance?

ehm...he is judging...lil late there aren't ya.

nice concept so far!!

OKMER
03-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi there W!L!!!Nice to see you agin!Sounds good your concept and really nice sketches with these pastel colors!!but I think you'll need(and that's whatta ya proberly doing)to push the story a little bit more further.
the pic needs a little bit of breathing,more space, i think.
see you later on W!L!!!

W-I-L
03-26-2005, 02:51 PM
lol,, i had not read who was judging. Little slow indeed noob. Thanks for comments okmer

more to come tomoz or later on tonight

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 07:12 PM
hope u can finish man,i will check back tommorow.

W-I-L
03-27-2005, 11:28 AM
thinking . . . thinking . .. .ARGGGHH!!

NOOB!
03-27-2005, 11:30 AM
awww man i was looking foward to an update :sad:

W-I-L
03-28-2005, 04:29 PM
sorry..yeah i am crap at mo. . . . by end of week will have to have my concept ready for line art and push on with it. Been a hectic easter weekend (excuses excuses). Determined to fin this time htough... trying to push for something dramatic i think . .. actiony ish. (that make sense?)

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
urmmmm..

Ok idea... just popped into my head...

a man or demon gets off on tortured souls. Every now and then he has a young women sent to him and messes with her mind, tortures her mentally and physically, and eventually after a very long time, when her will is gone, eats her (dont want to continue as this is scaring me..)

however One day the slave he is sent is a very defiant, extremly strong willed young women with powers beyond the norm.... She tries to redeem his soul, feeling that deep down there is a tortured, ggod soul waiting to get out and she wants to know the events that triggured this being to become what it is..... and he starts to fall in love with her and restles with his good and evil side.

THE PIC: the pic in my ehad is of them both in profile, her kneeling down in chains and him looking down at her, his face hard, but fighting back tears. He has his large hands cupping her face, as if he is about to crush her or kiss her. She looks up at him, knowing that this is the pivootal moment where his soul will be lost or redeemed.

enough boring words ...gues i better get sketching.... feel like i am lagging behind

tell me what u think

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 07:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112215642_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112215642_large.jpg)

This is idea slightly envisoined...though not that well

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112215869_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112215869_large.jpg)

This is smae idea but from point of view of demon...supposed to be a mirror in backgroun so u can see demon as well... she is looking at him fearlss trying to reach him while he is poised to kill her or kiss her... tense

AlyFell
03-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I like the idea Wil! The small controlling the big is always appealing, and refreshing! :) Great sketches!

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216049_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216049_large.jpg)

another idea... a nice fairy angel type being has to endure torture as she is caught by a demon....

NOOB!
03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
*punches W!l repeatdly*

bout time man...those sketche look great,and the story sounds great too!

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216222_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216222_large.jpg)

idea of gorgous girl attracting the attention of alll the men around her.. she is in control and they buy her przzies and compliment ehr give ehr attnetion etc etc...

NOOB!
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
wtf? how many sketches did u do??

looks great i prefer the previous pics though.

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 07:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216360_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112216360_large.jpg)

same idea but girl at work while office men gather round and give her attention.

what u guys think of my ideas??? more to come soon.

W!L

NOOB!
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
:eek: u sketch maniac...i've commented three times.

thats what i think of ur sketches.

W-I-L
03-30-2005, 08:02 PM
wow so many comments and i just posted ...

yeah noob just had a quick sketcing sesion since 7 untill now.. not sure what i will go with.. prob first one... but still goijng to do more ideas.... going full throttle now bro

W-I-L
04-01-2005, 02:54 PM
thnking of maybe one more concept of teacher and student... eg. master assason teaching a young man the tricks of the trade. its prob that or the beast and the girl... will go way and do a few concepts andthen tell me what you think.,

W-I-L
04-02-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112468865_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112468865_large.jpg)

Hello,

Well forget it... i have desided that this is the concept i am going to do.. have not got time to mess around and spent so long on thegrand psace opera umming and arring that i did not fin.

So This is just a quick sketch getting the mood of charaters... thats monster type dude is supposed to be in troment, fighting his evil side while and girl is defiant and yet waiting with hope tnat he might fight it off.... Dont know if that works.. will have to get some references.

Characte designs to come next, then line art.
I will be designing the girl first... how do you think she should be.. looks, hair, costume etc etc. I am thinkmign of doing a victorian type thing ish with the costume? but would liek some thoughts

NOOB!
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
yeh i've been waiting for sumone to do sumthin like victorian or tudor.

go ahead with that,and great sketch.

W-I-L
04-02-2005, 06:25 PM
cool.. hopefully tomorrow i will have a few chracter designs of girl and maybe monster...

W-I-L
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
i just been draing a few designs (which i will post tomoz when i get my zip drive back to transfer between my mac to pc.) Whrn i thought maybe this image is going to look really cliched with doing it like victorian. too beuty and the beast... any other suggestions for costume and location (especially location of where they could be) Its in the monster type demon mans lair for those who can notbe bothered to read idea.

cheers

NOOB!
04-03-2005, 05:58 PM
hmm......u can always go a little oriental,try sum costumes from chinese or japanese culture?

or elsewhere africa,egypt,greek???

W-I-L
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
thanks noob . . . i am sure you are the only one follwing my thread bro.

NOOB!
04-03-2005, 06:14 PM
yeh man,i noticed..

damn! thats cold,its probably cos ur still in the concept stage,while everyone else...is well...far from that hahaha.

just get sumthin really nice done man,more peeps will flood in,or comment on everyones work.they will find their way here.

Mysterious X
04-05-2005, 01:14 PM
. . . i am sure you are the only one follwing my thread bro.

nope he isn't ;)

great sketches and I just love the mean look in the girl's face in the last sketch..keep it up :thumbsup:

Arc80
04-05-2005, 01:57 PM
well, now you have another one following your thread...me, heehee.

This piece, i think, is one of my favorite piece here at the competition. I just love that close up shot of them and their expressions. The viewers are really involve in it. I can't wait to see a more refine piece.

cheers,
Archie

Tommy Lee
04-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Very nice concept. Nothing to crit now, will wait for more...:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tom

W-I-L
04-05-2005, 03:47 PM
thanks guys. . . . can not help feel like it's pity response's! lol.

Mysterious X: cheers. yeah trying to get the right expression . . . not quite there.

Arc80: erm, ok? Thanks but strange . . i don't think i have a piece yet and fav in competition while there is all the other greats around me?... make your mind up later bro... I not even done my line art! But thanks and as i said that last pic is just getting a feel for expressiosn and stuff.... i have been sketching away and the girl looks very much different as does the monster.

Tommylee: Thanks mate. can not wait to see your final... you were robbed in the GSO!

more soon!

Falcorr
04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey! No pity this time! :scream:
All your sketches were good, but id propably choose girl in control to finish it up.
Why??... well it works so well without a proper background. So you could just whiswas it in couple seconds or so. Also not many have done that kind of illustration yet.

It is important to finish this time :thumbsup: Well its really up to you. I also liked that demon holding girls face sketch.. Office girl was great also. Just choose something to go. About month time left still.

Bye!

Enayla
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
The face expression. Absolutely flawless. It makes me very intrigued, draws me in though this is just a sketch - I hope the emotions carry through to the finished piece (I'm sure they will, in fact, whee!)

W-I-L
04-05-2005, 04:39 PM
ahhhh lindas in my thread... I am not worthy, i am not worthy!!

Falcor_ Thanks pal.... I honsetly had not thought of just doing them both close up and without a background. I was goign to do them full shot with a huge background, in his chamber with loads of stuf going on, but now you ahe suggested that it is something i might think about... it would sutternly give e the time andspace to get the expressions perfect! Thanks!

Enayla:Thank you. i am honoured you stopped by! I plan to keep it going through to the end.

NOOB!
04-05-2005, 04:41 PM
there ya go W!L

now u can get ridda me :D

W-I-L
04-05-2005, 04:42 PM
would not get rid of you for the world mate... you been iwth me from no1 . . . right from the GSO! Besides i like your cocky, challenging replies!!

Enayla
04-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Heheh, you made me giggle so much with your reply to my thread, I simply had to drop by.

Have you been thinking much about the colours? I actually really like the pastel sort of tones you've used in the concept sketch.

W-I-L
04-05-2005, 04:48 PM
tee hee! I aim to please.

yeah.. i seem to be doing a lot of pastel sft colours in my pics of late so no doubt that is how it will be . . . just designing costume, face hair etc on both characters and then will think about colour. I know you work the opposite way round. colour then details!

NOOB!
04-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Besides i like your cocky, challenging replies!!

me?...cocky!! surely not.

Arc80
04-06-2005, 08:04 AM
What's up dude,

Hehe, i'm really not a fav, but i like your style of work. I just wanted to lighten up the mood and joke around. Being too serious all the time is no fun, heehee.

cheers,
Archie

GhostInTheMachine
04-06-2005, 05:17 PM
its looking good will, id like to see how that last concept develops - its potentially quite a powerful pic. :thumbsup:

Squibbit
04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
i'd like it seen more obvious that the dude is in torment and battling the
evil side , otherwise it might look la bit too much like a mutant hitting on a
chick and having little success.
maybe throw a bunch of little devils in the pic, twisting the dudes face and
throwing nasty comments in his (and her too) ear.. stuff like that.. ?

W-I-L
04-07-2005, 11:27 AM
GhostInTheMachine: great name by the wya... love the manga film. Thanks for the comment.... will be developing thsi

Squibbit: DOOOODE!!! yeah will try to get that torment across..... but mayeb i should just make the pic about him trying to hit on her and having little success. Now thats entertainment!

I do actually have another concept in the works.... will post soon.

W-I-L
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112897896_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1112897896_large.jpg)

Hello peeps and peepets!

This is just trying to get down the expression of the women in a detailed way...

I want her to be a bit older... and look abit wise... rather than a cliched wide eyed button nosed girl... after all she is supposed to have a bit of mystical spiritual power behind her.. and she is mentaly talking on a right evil basterd.

So anyhow, this is kinda the exprssion i am going for for the women . . . was going to design her completley but just got working on her face and did not want to stop. I am fairly happy with the expression and look of her, but please crit

just to recap - she is supposed to be looking defiant and willful, but also hoping that this demon monster man can beat his evil side and let the good side that she sences beneath come through.

Ok then... think i will work on designing the demon block next. need to make him look kick ass!

NOOB!
04-07-2005, 06:24 PM
luvly style ! luv her expression!!

keep goin dude!!

W-I-L
04-07-2005, 06:50 PM
evertime i post you instantly reply noob... Do you ever log off???

Thanks for the support!!

eparts
04-07-2005, 06:55 PM
nice expression on the latest one there! I understand she was dealing with a rather big demon?
Well it looks like its hard for her.. but still her face shows control. Tired, a bit worried but still knows what she is doing. like she is a bit bored. this was my opinion.. if thats what you where going for, then good. if not, im sorry :P

either way.. looking forward to see the whole composition with the other character aswell

NOOB!
04-07-2005, 06:57 PM
evertime i post you instantly reply noob... Do you ever log off???

Thanks for the support!!

yeh i ain't got nothin to do on college days,and i'm usaully online doin research for coursework.

do i ever log off? no.........thats why i never manage to complete my own entries for challenges.

hah!

W-I-L
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
yes.. she is dealing with a big demon.Glad thats what you think cos that is preety much perfect as to what i had in mind.....

W-I-L
04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
i was going to paint the whole thing in this more relistic style... but i have no idea if i will have the time . . . what do u guys think? Maybe i try a bit more of a simpler style... my usual wy of working. I just thought that this suited more relistic... still am having fun... update of monster design to come soon

arkinet
04-08-2005, 05:48 PM
cant wait to see ur finish stuff... really cool.

Arc80
04-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Cool, i like this style. I know it's still a sketch, but i just love that loose quality... very expressive. About her facial expression, maybe a little bit movement on the eye brow to strenghten what you are trying to convey. More updates pls...

cheers,
Archie

W-I-L
04-08-2005, 07:03 PM
thanks matey , yeah trying to keep it realistic but also loose and expressive... hmm. . . was going to get loads doen tonight but events have conspired againste me... i have all weekend to do stuff though so will update then.. hopefully my line art will be done by this time next week.. the n i really need to crack on

NOOB!
04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
thats u in the avatar right w!l??

hahah

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 08:37 PM
i looove your gooie (mushy) colours:thumbsup:

Claireabella
04-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi Wil. Great stuff so far......... I can't draw for toffee so am in no position to crit technique etc. but having read your notes I think her expression works. My only comment would be about her jaw line. Is it a bit straight or have I just got a fat neck and don't know about graceful swanlike necks..............?! Good luck and I'll be back to check your WIP. :thumbsup: Claireabella

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 10:47 PM
She must have a wonderfull deep personality, luv her way too look and her expression. Keep on goin mate!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 07:53 AM
NOOB!- yes noob. that is (unfortunatly) me!

calisto- erm. i will take that as a compliment buddy.

Claireabella - yeah, made it a bit harsh there, with the dark line, but was only a study. But otherwise it is preety accurate as i loosly used a refernce of my girlfriend for the eyes and jaw, neck and hair. but mainly for the eyes cos she can pull off what i am going for easily.

the1st_angel- that is waht i am going for!

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050370_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050370_large.jpg)

first idea for demon man

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050464_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050464_large.jpg)

this is 2nd design

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 12:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050582_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113050582_large.jpg)

this the third deign i did... i think i prefer this one... will propably be developign this and his overal body.. more later.. please crit

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 12:44 PM
hi...its ur instant replier agen.

whats to crit,the character looks fantastic,go with this one,develop more,i will be waiting for the body etc.

Arc80
04-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Ooohhh... love the sketch dude. The character developments are coming along nice. :thumbsup:

Keep it coming dude.
cheers,
Archie

walrus
04-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Things are looking good so far, Wil! I really like the sketch of the woman. You have this way of working digitally that always has a feel of watercolors about it. I don't know what it is, or whether it's even intentional, but I always like it.

As for the monster dude, i actually prefer #2. #1 is too alien to read emotions from, but #3 has too much of his face coverred up to read a lot either. I'm worried that he may not come off as a master, just some zombie-mummy out to get her. (as in most movies, mummies were always kinda on the brainless side, not really masters, more servants themselves... unless that was exactly your point and i just got it! :-)

But anyhow, I like that you can actually read emotion on #2. and he looks the toughest and most "master-y." But it's going to be cool no matter what (so long as you finish it!) Good luck!

-mike

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 05:19 PM
NOOB! and Arc80- cheers..glad you like!

walrus - Watercolours huh? Yeah i have been told that a few times by people... don't know what it is. it is not intentianal.. just what happens as i paint. Tradionally i always worked in oil paints before i went totally digtal about a year and half ago so who knows... as long as u like it!! . . .. agree about face 1.. plus it is too phatom of the opera, evn though that is not supposed to be a mask. I did not like 2 becasue i thought he looked too much like a sleazy greek pimp or something, but yes it is supposed to be a blury (ish) line as to who is master and servant as women is supposed to be defiant and also understandingh of his inner goodness that he is trying to strugge with. I am very greateful for your crit on 3.... i totally agree now that you have said that. . . i may take the bandages away from his face...

hmmm.. back to the drawing board!

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
aaww..i liked the the bandages.

are u gunna keep em but re posistion em??

W-I-L
04-09-2005, 05:47 PM
noob - i like them too. . . ut it is kinda of huge head and shoulders outfit type thing so might just keep them and get them out of his face... or redesign completly.. ut walrus was right.. my idea was about emotion and it is better that you see all of theface... i will not be oing for 2 though becasue i do not like it... i post tomorrow

W-I-L
04-10-2005, 11:01 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113130882_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113130882_large.jpg)

Hello,,

This is the final face design of the demon man. Taken away the bandages because as walrus suggested it is better to see his face and so there is a better connection. Given him loads of hair to suggest more of the man side .. and erm.. would like some crit on the colour scheme.. i quite like it but please comment... off to design both characters bodies then i should be ready for line art....

thanks for looking!

NOOB!
04-10-2005, 11:06 AM
great colour scheme.

i forget is this master or servant?

W-I-L
04-10-2005, 11:08 AM
he supposed to be master but then struggling with his evil side when he meets this slave girl who sees thru him.... story will be posted properly along with line art/

OrO
04-10-2005, 11:11 AM
cooolllll....want to see more!:)

Arc80
04-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Nice. the colours are definately working. What happened to the bandage? I kinda like those with him.

cheers,
Archie

W-I-L
04-10-2005, 12:53 PM
I know... they made him look cool... but i was going for something different, more facial expression and the connection between the two characters. Thanks for looking

artjunkie
04-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I've been checking in on an infrequent basis (sorry I haven't posted till now, but I'm kinda waiting for you to begin paints... and now you have! Yaaaay!). I really like your sketches and the demon designs. Good decision on showing the guys face... better able to relate to the character and draws me into the 'narrative' a bit more.

Interested in the colour scheme you've chosen to go with... can't wait to see you flesh this one out! Carry on, solider! Good work...

Cheers!

GhostInTheMachine
04-10-2005, 06:30 PM
good demon dude! :buttrock:

W-I-L
04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113248068_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113248068_large.jpg)

Helo.

this is the basic composition i am going for. It is a quick scribble... She is on a pillar of stone r something.. the man is on a ladder, cupping her face... she is being pulled forward by a rope tied around her wrists by two small demons (representing his evil side) They are trying to pull her to come to them, while he is trying to hld on to her. ish.

Anyway.. more to come tommorow

NOOB!
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
dude i honestly don't mean to be the first to reply to ur updates,it just happens.

but dude..i am impressed,however the angle of the characters are a bit flat.different angle maybe?

W-I-L
04-11-2005, 07:45 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Noob! This is becoming like a reliable rountine in my life now... love it!

Thnaks man.... erm. yeah.. i agree does look flat... i am going for a side on composition but i will chnage charaters so they are not all parellel to each other. Or maybe ow u say that i could go for something more dramatic... mind you i want to focus on emotion more,, so who knows... lets see what happens... planned to do more today.. but this is all i ahd time for (did do loads of sketches but dont want to bore you with them)

Arc80
04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
Stop pulling me dammit, hehe. cool sketch. I am with NOOB! on the angle, but maybe just zoom in a bit.

cheers,
Archie

G-hand
04-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I agree with NOOB! with the change of angle. maybe a 1 point perspective, the human figures on the foreground and the demons on the background vanishing point. That way you get to show their emotion more....anyway i like the concept...keep it up dude!

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Arc80 - Pulling you? It must be lost in translation. If i was pulling you, i would be...how you say, coming on to you. or hitting on you. Please do tell what you mean... (as i slowly walk away trying to avoid eye contact. heh.)

G-hand - Thanks for the input... i wil see. more refining to come.

AlyFell
04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm going to be dead boring, but I second the angle change with the demons further away. You'd see more of the girls back, but you could twist her a bit to see her face... What's happening in't background?

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
thnanks for visiting posh... i see what you are saying. all of you. However during a nice nap (which is where i come up with all my ideas as i slowly drift into sleep) I have come up with a different composition, which i will post this evening i hope. anyway wont explain it.. you will see when i post!

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113334387_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113334387_large.jpg)

Hello,

this may not be all that clear as it is extremly rough, but this is idea for foirst composition. the blokey demon guy is coming out of the ground, and there are many hand srtying to pull the girl down to the earth (these hands belong to the women that the demon man has killed before)
They are in a deep forest...

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
double post

NOOB!
04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
dude...honestly...coincidence.

looks way better man,keep it up!

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113334607_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113334607_large.jpg)

this is the second composition idea... The women is in smame position but now the demon man is sitting toward us, so that we can see his face beter and the angst in it.. they are still in a forest but here we have a hut, where he used to live when he waas a man... that is part of the story and all will be told when i finaly get round to finiahing this line art!

Please please please give me some feedback and tell me what you like best or what you think works best out of the two, even though i know it is very hard to read thanks to my scribbling style when i am thinking things thru.... cheers

NOOB!
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
2nd ones figures

1st ones background.

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
thanks for the ongoing support mate

W-I-L
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
i am going to decide whihc one tomoorow.. and tommorw i will draw the line art, in full, completly neat.. maybe nt finisah but will post whatver i ahve doen.. night! untill then give me advice as to what to go with.. laters

tilite
04-13-2005, 08:34 AM
i think the second composition is better but hte background of the first is better... possibly u need to add some achitecture in the distance tho.. just not as prodominet as the second sketch.

have u chosen yet??

have u painted anything yet?

W-I-L
04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
hmm. well that was alot of response... arn't i the popular one.

O well... with such little feedback i will have to make up my own mind.. see what you have done to me people,,, i now have to think for myself!

tilite- thanks for vbisiting mate... All things like stuff in the distance etc, will be worked out on the paining stage, as i do not want to completly plan out everything and get bored. But yes i have pantied some sketches of my characters on page 4 and ermmm6 or 7?

Squibbit
04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
i'd put a picnic table there turned on a side and the woman running away
from it into the woods. the dude would be there shouting with a fork
and knife in his eyes cause the girl would have found out what he was
and attacked him before he could kill her.
Yea the spell of illusion around the dude would have melted and now
blind he's ordering the undead arms attack and stop the fleeing woman.

W-I-L
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
. . .Panu . . . put . . . . simply . .. you . . .rock !!

Please draw that for me! its greatness. actually i might ust ahve to do a quick sketch of it!

Squibbit
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
yea those previous ones
reminded me fo this,
dunno if u ever seen it :

Soth&Kit by Caldwell (http://fantasygallery.net/caldwell/art_2.html)

so I tried to think of
something more unique.
You could have the hands
come from tree trunks too
and there could be faces
and fangs too. Maybe
just hands with bat wings
and an eye in the palm.
There could be a mirror
nearby and he could send
her reflection after her
from there with a spell.

W-I-L
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
That picture is uncanny... just like my idea... Hmph! Who invited you into my thread anyway!

O wait..

Squibbit
04-13-2005, 04:43 PM
lol, really sorry , but as i said,
just play around with the ideas, change this n
that and soon it aint that same anymore :thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
hush up pancake! w!l doesn't need ur spam

haha j/k panu

W!L quit whinin and just get a final lineart up wudya,U FAILED ME ONCE IN GSO,DO NOT FAIL ME AGAIN.

FOR I AM NOOB! AND THOU SHALT .......*speech fades out*

nebezial
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
man, after ur comment on NOOBs thread i was gonna come here and massacre...buut i wont i actually have an idea here. since the topic is mastr and servant, how about demon just standing in front of her, and the hands from the ground are forcing her to look at him,,, damn i hate the councience my girlfriend implanted in me... AAARGH LINDA ILL GET U FOR THIS!!:D

later man!

NOOB!
04-13-2005, 05:38 PM
how about demon just standing in front of her, and the hands from the ground are forcing her to...

dude i don't think its that kinda challenge...haha j'k

sounds like an plan.

up 2 u w!l

Arc80
04-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Original post: W!L
Pulling you? It must be lost in translation. If i was pulling you, i would be...how you say, coming on to you. or hitting on you. Please do tell what you mean... (as i slowly walk away trying to avoid eye contact. heh.)

You arse!!!, hehe. I was talking about your image where those demons are pulling him. :D
Anyway, I like the second composition too. When are we going to see some line arts?
Damn bro, if you keep stauling you might not be able to finish your piece. I'll be checking for more updates. Oh yeah, and i'll be more clear with my sarcasm next time, HAHAHA.

cheers,
Archie

arkinet
04-13-2005, 07:12 PM
i like ur last concept too... like a never ending sketching eh?:D

W-I-L
04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Squibbit - hmm. nah.. i will just opt for being unoriginal at this stage!

NOOB! - So sorry o master! . . . chill bro, i willl fin. I know i said i would do line art today, but you have no idea what a shit day it has been... got in waaaay too late rm work and blah blah blah.. wll update tommorow for sure.

nebezial - thanks for sparing my life, then i guess... thansk for the input, appreciate it.

Arc80 - did not know you were desperatly wiating for me... i will try to hurry.. in fact line art will be coming tomorow.. not finished but started. than ks for following. much appreciated. And thank you for calling me an arse, that too is much appreciated!

arkinet- cheers mate!

Arc80
04-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Original quote: W!L
did not know you were desperatly wiating for me

Dude... it's called respect and appreciation of that artist and the artist works (not desperation, hehe). Oh and sorry for calling you arse. I was just kidding. Well, i know i'm new to this forum thing and what not, but it's kinda cool talking to some of y'all folks out there. It feels like being back to the old Art College... It's kinda cool, specially if you work mostly at home freelancing.

cheers bro

element5
04-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Wil nice drawing style hope to see some colour soon :thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
yeh..hurry up.!

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 01:23 PM
all in due time my friends.... Hey noob! aren't we mature!

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
yes very mature,and we shall stay that way until the last ever cgtalk challenge!

Neozoom
04-14-2005, 02:57 PM
lol lovers back^^

Hey W!L !!
I can't wait where is the next! I loved the sketches you posted!!

you aren't bad at all ^^

see ya

eviscerator
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
This is a very nice picture you have here. The lines you're making are looking like stuff which is very good. keep it up and i will drop in to see how it's going. two gold stars from me.
E
By love I'm inspired, by joy I'm amused :)

LouisBrowne
04-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Grow thread grow > looking forward to seeing this grow>>

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Whats with people liking the erm "sketches" i posted, they are crappy scribbles dudes not too be appreciated... but thanks anyway... i have done more better looking stuff a few pages back.. line art too come soon.. i promise..

pushav
04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
We are all trying to Rep you up W!L(Boosting your confidence) The sketches are nice. Remember 1 month left to finish.

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113510835_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113510835_large.jpg)

Hey.. what do you knwo.. i have started my line art.

Just wipped this up within the last 45 mins. had to get something done today!

OK so thanks for all you input guys for the composition but i am going to go with my gut and in the words of frank.. do it my way!

The monster will be on a side view but not dead on side... but anyway here is the girl for now, being pulled down by loads of hands... hands of his previous victims.

i also did a quick sketch of demon mans hand on her face, but will prob change that...
anyway what u think?

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
i think i'm the first to reply and again and i say its looking wonderful!!!

excellent so far.

mores!!

Neozoom
04-14-2005, 08:36 PM
yeah W!L!!! great!!!

I love the emotion of the girl...
and the motion of the arms...

try to define and add details to give the scene more impressivity...

anyhow you made a grzeat line , can't xwait to see the line art finished :)

by
see ya

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
try to define and add details to give the scene more impressivity...

impressivity.. i know that is bad english but that is like the coolest word... i thinks it will be my word of the week.. impressivity.. nice!

Neozoom
04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
LOOOLLLL sorry ^^ only 16 y old and french...
I talk quite well english for a guy of my age a "french" guy^^

anyway it's cool you enjoy this "new" word^^

arkinet
04-14-2005, 09:46 PM
yehaaaa...'cowboys word for impressivity..lol., great job will... as i go around, sounds like you're the official critique of this site..:scream: :bounce:

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Neozoom - no dude. i know. i wasnt meaning tp sound like i was making fun... i am impressed by anyone who can speak another language... I can only say bonjour and ermm... well that about it!

arkinet - thnaks... official critique for this site? Cool title... dunno if i earned it though...

keep watching my partners in crime!

nebezial
04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
i really like the emotions on the hands, the girl is nice too:D

walrus
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I really like all of the hands dragging her down - it's kind of like that scene from 'Labyrinth.' (Don't worry, comparing anythign to Labyrinth is a good thing!) I dunno about the hand on her face, not quite right yet... But maybe it's just because the rest of the body attatched to it is missing. :-) Anyhow, good lcuk with the rest of the line art!

-mike

fooxoo
04-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Emotional, smooth and beautiful. The hands look really great, original image. Good luck :D

crowley
04-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I like the pose, and the hands are a nice and original touch. Keep it coming. :)

pushav
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
I guess that NOOB! made you a star now. I want satr power :sad:.

W!l you are the greatest "impressivity" artist that ever lived.

That should be you signature.

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 05:45 PM
There you go Pushav.. it is now official!

nebezial, fooxoo, crowley - mush appreciated

Walmart - no, ihand is not right.. it was just quick placeholder to get the idea! Labyrinth rocks, and jennifer connoly is too great! Have no problems being associated with either of them!

pushav
04-15-2005, 05:50 PM
There ya go W!l. Now run with that title. Now show the world how an "impressivity" artist does it.

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 06:01 PM
hmm how do i do it? Sit on my arse, chatting on forums and constantly napping without doing any actual work? Yeah man... follow me!

NOOB!
04-15-2005, 06:12 PM
actually i made W!L more like a moon rock,he hasn't quite riched the level of star yet...

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 08:02 PM
that is cold man... Careful... the i hate noob slogan just might well be lurking round the corner...

More to come tommorow . . . i promise!

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
hmm..she looks like a servant, but then again she has a look on her face like she wants to crush all the hands below and break free..AND DOMINATE THE WORLD!! :twisted: aww..oops i think i overdid it a bit.. :blush:

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Well women are a slave to their emotions... Yeah she is a defiant girl... actually your pic looks prfect for her face... you look like you want to kill everyone!

pushav
04-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Maybe you should add a master zombie that she will be looking at so it really will be a master and servant.

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 08:42 PM
?she will be looking at a master... page 7 has basic compositision and page 5 has colour study of demon face . . . the hands are not the masters dude . . . all will be revealed tomoz when i draw the whole thing.... this is just a section of the line art.

anyway off to bed

pushav
04-15-2005, 08:45 PM
LOL ok but I only have 3 pages on this thread. I set up my account to veiw the maximum amount of comments per page. (this is nice.) Yeah I see what you are saying.

Neozoom
04-16-2005, 04:38 PM
now W!L!!!

you're on page 6!! shame on you!! it is disgraceful for a member of world domination...

LOL
joking man ;)

But I really wait an update from you !! :D

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 04:40 PM
why does nebz get to go first on the domination list.

damn him.

ahem...update yo!

W-I-L
04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113678798_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113678798_large.jpg)

Well here it is my line art... i am out of concept stage.... see i said i would do my line art before tyhe week was out. so there!
This is just a simple line art, as i am doing the main detailing in the poainting stage.

basically i just took a lot of rough sketches that i had done that looked right and scanned them in and arranged them into a composition. Then i traced thme on a new layer.

a rough line art just to egt the shapes, proportions and overall compositoj down.. may change quite a bit thru poainting, but i want to keep it fresh and exciting as i paint so i havent set anything in stone...

any crits welcome... and of course am still open to suggestions on how to do it another way... O and ther will be demons and other crazy stuff withinthe trees etc etc... when i paint

W-I-L
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
hey noob.. dont let me dowwn bruv

Maidith
04-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Very nice sketches so far^^

W-I-L
04-16-2005, 08:18 PM
and so the great tradition was broken and wil shouted unto the heaven's Noob! why art thou forsaken me!!

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 08:55 PM
my comp keeps freezin i was the first to see it aswell.

anyway i wud make the house/shed in the back a more dramatic angle,rest is perfect.

W-I-L
04-16-2005, 09:00 PM
hmmm... putting shed and dramatic in the same sentence just does not seem to gel.

Yes it is a nice potting shed where the demon keeps stuff to do his garden. you are spot on!

But no i isagree for now.. maybe it change when i paint but for now i like.. cherrs. i am going to watch some movies.... laters!

Zephyri
04-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Hey W!L! Great story behind the concept, and the line art is looking good. Can't wait to see it in more detail when ou start colouring, the idea of all the trees being demonised sounds fantastic. Love the design for the demon guy's face, and the woman's expression looks like she just realised she's caught in something rather evil. Good stuff... now get some colour on it!

tilite
04-17-2005, 07:56 AM
a great looking scramble of lines.. lol... seriously im not complementing ur line work im waititng for the painting to complement and crit. i do like ur concept and am anxious to see it evolve... so brign it on!

xric7
04-17-2005, 01:30 PM
waiting for your colors :applause:

GhostInTheMachine
04-17-2005, 02:03 PM
looking forward to this now... cant wait to c how the painting adds to the line art :bounce:

Arc80
04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey, that's looking good. Can't wait to see the colour stage. :thumbsup:

cheers

calisto-lynn
04-17-2005, 03:57 PM
hiya! this will look great once coloured:)

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 05:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113757238_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113757238_large.jpg)

The painting has begun... hooray!!

Basically this is just laying down everything to get the whole canvas covered.... used photoshop for this, like i do alwyas do for all my images and then i transfer to painter to start refining. . . just what i feel comfortable doing.
I am going for a late veenig feel to this as it ties in with the story that still has to be fleshed out properly so when i wriet it properly i will post the story behind it.

Obviously very rough at this stage and i am sure i will need the entire month to fin this... i am working at about 6000x4500 ish.. 300dpi.

Anyway next i am going over to painter and starting the girl in deatail... tell us what you think... even though i know it is hard to read.

NOOB!
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
u know...u don't have to colour exactly how evil gerbil does...

hah,anyway its looks great man,can't wait to see when u go into detail.

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 05:05 PM
? how do you mean noob?

nebezial
04-17-2005, 05:09 PM
the colour scheme looks good, well balanced and atmospherical:thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-17-2005, 05:10 PM
doin it in photoshop first,then goin into painter.liike i saw in one of EGs step by step.

jus do it all in painter FOOL! lol.

or all in photoshop

*who sed that?*

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 05:14 PM
i did not know he did that. thought he worked exclusivly in painter... I have done a number of images starting just in painter put i did not like them... don't know why. I guess it is because i strt seprerating all my layers in photoshop and then jst feels right to get the base layer done there... i was using photoshop way before painter so i guess i feel comfortable to make the first nervous strokes... Anyway it is nice to knwo i am in good company with gerbil!

As for the style though i do not usually work like this... i am into childrns illustrationa alot, more stylised. for this i am going to try and do more realistic cos i think it fits the piece... plus i want to try something different for me.

NOOB!
04-17-2005, 05:17 PM
btw i like the message in ur sig,so true.

but thats kinda just like saying,we live to die, then why live.?

ah,the joy of questioning our existance.

LOL!

p.s. graphite-it is shutting down :sad:

nebezial
04-17-2005, 05:19 PM
photoshop rules:D , i tried painter once, here is the thing, it simulates real techniques and that is good, but it is slow...well for me atleast, ps gives much more control

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 05:20 PM
or like saying you post to piss me off, so why post?

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 05:20 PM
joke dude . . . . . . . . . :bounce:

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113766979_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113766979_large.jpg)

well this si what i did tonight. .. not alot but ujjust posting for the sake of it... going to be a longjourney to the completion... soo tired...

W-I-L
04-17-2005, 07:44 PM
man .. cant see any of the detail i have done... bad compresion tehre,.. bit of a pointless post really...

Maidith
04-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Good luck Wil, I like your sketches so far.

3dRaven
04-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Nice progress Will, the last update even pixelated looks impresive. I like the colors your using. Good soft light shadow mix :thumbsup:

Neozoom
04-18-2005, 11:33 AM
photoshop rules:D , i tried painter once, here is the thing, it simulates real techniques and that is good, but it is slow...well for me atleast, ps gives much more control

guy your wrong ;)

photoshop = photo manipulations , photo rectifications , roughts ... and even some paint and drawings

I know some as enayla show that toshop can be great... (and you two mister nebezial..)
BUT anyway PAINTER have been made exclusively for PAINTING and it is the best...
at condition to test the good release (Painter 7 forever!!! 8 and 9 are shitty prog putting down this great log...) and to use good tools with good skills :)

see :
NOAH-KH
ANRY
even some ENAYLA 's work are done in painter...
Ryan CHURCH

and..
ME ... :D))))))

a lot of amazing artists use it...

anyway everybody has his feeling but painter haven't this bad feeling of "unatural painting" we can see in each photoshop pieces...
a piece done in painter have a great feeling , we can see the brushes ... all the emotion of the painter during the work :) that's soo great...

neozoom. painter addicted

nebezial
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Neozoom]guy your wrong ;)

photoshop = photo manipulations , photo rectifications , roughts ... and even some paint and drawings

uuu u r opening up a can of whoop ass here , it is like saying that airbrush works look fuzzy, that can be if they are not used skillfuly, painter looks crappy when used unskillfuly, now my own painter prejudices come from my style of work, i love the detail, nice and clean, i love to show what i know and not what the program simulates, true, painter is a great program but it doesnt work for me, and for what u said , program is what we use it for, so what i meant to say is photoshop rocks for me cause i can make it dance to my tune,
now to the main subject, W!L i love the colouring and i especialy love the volumous look of the hair, keep it up man:thumbsup:
neozoom:bounce: ill show u the true power of ps:D

Neozoom
04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Lol nebezial ^^ you've ever showed , master ;)

anyway , i is question of feeling that's all. :)

W!L : your work seems to evolve nicely , but I think you mustn't start by blowing to glow your colors... try make some shapes visible then refine :)

nice start ideed.

W-I-L
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
3dRaven & Maidith - thank u fr the support.

Neozoom & nebezial - some nice discussion there on the two programs... great to see in my thread, as right now i am having serious thoughts as to what i prefer. I am going back and forth at present. I am still learning as i go really, and do not have a clear cut work method like so many others. Recently i usually start in photoshop and then go to painter but at mo i am exprerimenting... good advice on the chapes and then defining neozoom. cheers.

NOOB!
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
yeh ...pies where designed for eating,not for throwing at people,but try and tell that to a clown neo.

photoshop isn't just for all u mentioned,in our days its for everything,who the hell uses photoshop to manipulate photos anymore? like 4% lol

ahem,nice W!l,can't wait for more!

calisto-lynn
04-18-2005, 03:47 PM
she is sooo pretty! beautifull..cant wait to see more!

:bounce: :thumbsup:

W-I-L
04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
i been wokring on this for quite a few hours today.. and you know what... in the words of popeye.. i cants stands no more!

I set out to do something abit different and cool, but the morei look at it it just feels like the dsame old generic crap, and most importantly, it is not inspiring me anymore... I do love my concept but i do not think i have brung it to my full potential, as far as composition and that is concerned... i thinks i will do another concept and redesign this concept so will have two running at the same time..

Noob! i know you are groaning and thinking i will never fin but trust me, i am in love with this master servamnt thing and think that i needed to get past this to jump onto the better stuff... gotta keep pushing it.. so i have hit a snake and am going all the way back to square one, to hopefully find a ladder that will transport me to the winning position... !

Elaeria
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Well I hope you continue working on this piece. I kinda like the feel of it...a lot.. :)
~Ela~

arkinet
04-18-2005, 11:53 PM
i thnk all u need are more spinach w!l:D

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
goin to quote myself about that ps/painter discussion:

its not the tool that makes the art... sum thing with wings

whatever makes you feel comfortable to approach a vision is fine. hehe. so just keep on going.
sweet tones on her. maybe butrst the shadowareas a bit to get more contrasts. but that's just me, keep on going wil, looks great:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

W-I-L
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113934491_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113934491_large.jpg)

hello.. this is concept for new erm.. concept.. heh.

master and student... a student with swors, being looked upon by an old master as he trains in a courtyard..

W-I-L
04-19-2005, 06:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113934775_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1113934775_large.jpg)

Wahay/.. already on line art on this one.... preety inspired by this and it is more me..

I am still going to continue the other one and hopefully complete them both.. whihc one i will submit waits to be seen.. i was a bit harsh on my first piece earlier... i do still like it and will continue. Just was inspired to do something in my more stylised style... the guy with the two swords is a great middle aged fighter but he is receiving extra training from a grand old master...

what you think?

NOOB!
04-19-2005, 06:34 PM
i think ur crazy for starting again.

W-I-L
04-19-2005, 06:36 PM
i do too! Trying not to think of the deadline looming.. where the hell did the trime go... wonder why the writing above my avatar says that ....?

abourabe
04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
good concept wil . and nice story .

I cant wait to see the next one

Squibbit
04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
umm... that latest would be "master and pupil", not necessarily
"master and servant" :shrug:

I'd develop it further, buddy

NOOB!
04-19-2005, 07:35 PM
on a serious note,i still prefer the one your starting colouring.

W-I-L
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
abourabe- thanks mate

Squibbit- soory mate.. i do not agree.. i think that the master and pupil is within the scope of this competition. to clarify, there has to be one dominate role and one submissive role... And besides in these ancient times a martial arts master was considered to be ones second father... and parent and child is within this competition too.

Noob! - well ou can deside which pone you prefer as i go along becuae i am doing both... hopefully.

More soon

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090497_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090497_large.jpg)

A bit of colour to get the idea o what i want

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 01:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090658_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090658_large.jpg)

bit more stuff done on this... i have gone vack to working in pohotoshop for now... really liking it. Anyway doen a bit more on girl and demon, and background... just touched everywehre a bit. mainly faces.

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090787_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114090787_large.jpg)

A close up of faces.. bit more refining

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 03:54 PM
I am doing both my concepts in photoshopat moment. i havent got a seperate layer of line art as i prefer not to for these pics. just seperate layers for the different elements.

the first concepts i did with the girl and demon in forest will be called cocept 1
and the sword master thing will be called concept 2 just to make things simple... so if you refer to them call them that.

concept 1 - am thinking of maybe getting rid of the hut and replacing it with the demons tree going up and turning into some silhoutte of a greater demon, a demon that has trapped the mans soul.

concept 2 - happy with lighting and composition at present.... that think the student is satnding on is like a yin and yang thing but that has to be more defined..

anyway what you think?

3dRaven
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I'd go for the one with the girl. :thumbsup: it seems more whole

NOOB!
04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
two,just looks allot better drawing wise,colour wise and composistion wise.

Speaky
04-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi W!L, both concepts looking good! I'm leaning toward the martial arts one for content (I'm a huge fan of kung fu movies, love 'em!) but you've got really nice colours and lighting in the other which makes me prefer it visually. Oh and just to stir the photoshop / painter debate up a bit, I'm a photoshop man all the way, it's so speedy, and precise, the brush engine has remarkable depth to it, and I know it like the back of my hand. I do keep trying to like Painter, there's something very appealing about what it promises but I just end up frustrated with it. :D

NOOB!
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a photoshop man all the way, it's so speedy, and precise,

PREACH BROTHA PREACH!!!

arkinet
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
looking good mate!

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114110705_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114110705_large.jpg)

been working on concept 2 - mainlt the student o here is a close up.... it is looking seriously wrong to me as i paint more.... it is supposed to be a cartoony figure but the propostion look wrong and i dont think i nailed theposition... have erased the back arm that was struttig out with the other sword.. now sure what to do.. may redo torso completly different.. maybe even head... what you think.. desperate advice needed!

W-I-L
04-21-2005, 07:25 PM
3dRaven - cheers. i have wroked more on the girl and demon (concept1) so that might be why....

NOOB! - so u have changed your mind now and like the kung fu one. cheers.

Speaky - thanks speak.. as i said i have worked more on concept 1 so that why it looks more defined with colours etc... but here is a little update of kung fu sword fighter dude. I really do not know which i prefer... will work more on concept 1 tommorwo i think... I even have another concept up my sleeve.. man... the ideas satart coming all at the last minute.. i hate my mind.. must like pressure or something!

As for the painter photshop argument.. i think i may be favouring photohsop once again.. i got painter recently and liked a few pics i did with it and preversly with photoshop i had come out of a bit of a mental bloke.. so all those factors added to me suddenly painting in painter much more... but now i have gone back i really do prefer photoshop... still will use painter later in the image i think but not for a long while....

arkinet- Thank you.. i try!

Slav
04-22-2005, 06:02 AM
ummm that kind of reminds of the act from the 80s ... chuck noris i think it was... great one!

W-I-L
04-22-2005, 07:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114197859_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114197859_large.jpg)

been working on th demon for a couple of hours... nothing much to say really... juts trying to get right light. I like the hair better... but the mopre and more i paint i hate that wierd shoulder clothing thing he has on.. might do something with that.. anywyas this is my progress tonight.. what you think?

W-I-L
04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114198028_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114198028_large.jpg)

Close up t6o see brush strokes etc.. if you can when it actually appears on web

NOOB!
04-22-2005, 08:01 PM
NOOB! - so u have changed your mind now and like the kung fu one. cheers.

ehm...no...when did that happen? i still prefer the first one.

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
nice strokes, i cant belive this is made on computer. it looks so.. hand and brush with acrylics made!:thumbsup:

W-I-L
04-22-2005, 09:44 PM
two,just looks allot better drawing wise,colour wise and composistion wise.

NOOB! - you said you prefer two.. that is the kung fu one... the forest one is concept one...

calisto - thnaks .. take that as a big compliment... i don't like stuff to e smooth. i like a bit of brush work in there... unfortunate that can't see half the detail on here....

W-I-L
04-22-2005, 09:45 PM
nice avatar by the way!

NOOB!
04-23-2005, 12:27 PM
NOOB! - you said you prefer two.. that is the kung fu one... the forest one is concept one...

i was referring to two in the order u posted ur updates on the previous page,if u understand.

W-I-L
04-23-2005, 12:29 PM
i thought as much

jeromoo
04-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Beauty and the Beast? LOL.

That's a strange ink outline. Looks like you used magic wand to remove all the whites from the ink drawing. If that is true, you don't have to do that because the result is not clean. You can just make the layer(containing the original ink drawing) into multiply mode and then lay out some colours on another layer behind it and that's all. Easy!

Hurry up matey! not much time!!

Arc80
04-23-2005, 04:11 PM
What's up dude,

Those are looking nice. That's an interesting style of painting. It's very original :thumbsup:
I'd go with the the one with the female character too. Composition is great on that one and the colour pallete works. Can't wait to see the finish piece.

cheers dude

Neozoom
04-23-2005, 04:18 PM
hiya W!L!!!
very nice start of painting , cana wait to see finalcloseup ...

don't forget to keep some contrast ;)

W-I-L
04-23-2005, 04:35 PM
jeromoo - thanks dude but u not telling me anything i don't know... for this piece i am not showing the original line art... its just a guide...

Arc80 -thank you! think that now i will fin ish the femali chracter one and then if i have time finiah the other one... but just going to concetrate on the girl and demon one for now.

Neozoom - far from fin. contrast will come as i keep painting...

thanks.. man angry... i have just slept 1-5 in afternoon.. i am like a cat or something...

nebezial
04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
very ritch strokes, this will kick ass finished man:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
04-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Great painting here Wil. Love the really oilpainting like appearance and the fine nuances. the demon looks very cool :) Keep it up mate!

W-I-L
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114547109_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1114547109_large.jpg)

Hello,

been working on the main characters. have not touched the bacgound really from first splash of colour so here is a few close ups of hat i have been up to.. mainly tonight.
I am starting to like where it is going.

what you think?

W-I-L
04-26-2005, 08:43 PM
i think i may need a bit more contrast.. will be working on bacgorund next so will see how it all looks then.

crowley
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
The colors are pretty nice. I like the woman's face, especially her nose.
But there's something strange with her right hand. Seems turned a little too much backwards. I don't know, just a thought. I hope it hasn't already been told somewhere in your huge thread :)
In any case, good luck! :thumbsup:

W-I-L
04-27-2005, 06:35 AM
nebezial- i hope so. i am enjoying ding it.

the1st_angel - glad you like it...thaks.

crowley- i think your right. it has been buggin me for a while.. might adjust it. Thanks

More to come within the next few days i hope... extra demons and stuff..

calisto-lynn
04-27-2005, 06:38 AM
lookin good, cant wait to see more colours..:D

NOOB!
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
hey W!L was meant to reply to this when i saw it yesterday,but then i got cut off.

anyway its looking fantastic,my only crit is that it looks story bookish,which u sed earlier u didn't want.

but i like ur storybook style neway ,screw realistic.

Nata
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Looking good! Just can't wait to see more colors and details. :bounce: The face expressions speak for themselves :buttrock:

W-I-L
04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
calisto - thnaks

NOOB! - yeah. kinda just seeing where it goes now buddy.

Nata - thanks.... i have been woring hard to get the expressiosn right.. still not quite right perhaps but will keep working on it.

thanks!

Arc80
04-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Dude, looking good. I particularly like how you are showing the relationship between them. The composition is looking good too. Just a small thought, how about try putting some foreground element on the top right hand corner, maybe a bunch of leaves in sillouehte. The storytelling is great dude. :thumbsup:

cheers

nebezial
04-27-2005, 05:27 PM
love it, but will u saturate the colours, it is a lil washed out, still the emotions are great...juussstt HURRY UP MATE:thumbsup: :bounce:

W-I-L
04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Arc80 - ther ewill be more too it.. will have to wiat and see!

nebezial - yeah.. i was thinking that a bit. wil see what i can do.

xric7
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
realy nice painting:thumbsup: .
I will back to see some contrast more.
good luck.

arkinet
04-29-2005, 04:31 PM
more!:bounce: more!:bounce: more!:bounce:

Djampa
04-30-2005, 06:17 AM
Trully nice, trully kool! :thumbsup:

I like the pastel colors, but would love to see more contrasts, I believe it would improve it a lot.
But just my opinion.
Keep going!

NOOB!
05-01-2005, 05:35 PM
more!:bounce: more!:bounce: more!:bounce:

what he sed!

W-I-L
05-02-2005, 09:34 AM
double post

W-I-L
05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115026503_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115026503_large.jpg)

Here is a bit more contrast on the image and more wokring on charcters. i prefer it with more contrast. it was looking washed out. Also adding some demon women coming out =of the tree or what will eventually obviously be a tree.
Just experimenting really.. which i do not ahve time for but o well! Might even redo the entire backgound as something different al together. any suggestions?

Squibbit
05-02-2005, 09:38 AM
just keep at it, make the forms finish the compo and start detailing,
the demon ladies are a fine touch :thumbsup:

Arc80
05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Nice add on on the demon lady. She looks creepy...AWESOME. Everything else is looking tight. keep the updates coming dude. :thumbsup:

cheers

TheFirstAngel
05-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Kewl creepy gurl :D keep on rocking Wil, its coming together all scary good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

W-I-L
05-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Squibbit - thanks for dropping by.
Arc80 - thanks mate.. you like the demon girls too huh
the1st_angel - and another.

i will have to leave them in then... i am thinking of doing an even bigger demon witch in the backgoround, just over the main charcters heads. its all to do with teh story whch i will evntually be bothered to write down properly but bacically the demon man is being controled by this old witch demonish women.

anyway, can not do anymore tonight as got back really late from going on a safari today which was bloody nice. breathing fresh air and all that... quite a novelty

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 07:06 PM
eh? when did u make this update..hehe damn man this is looking excellent,i like the new freaky gurl on the side,are u getting twisted like me?? heheh.

can't wait for more man,btw did u enjoy the sunshine in the u.k today,was great over here.

W-I-L
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
it rained for an hour but otehrwise was reallly nice.... anyways back to painting

nebezial
05-03-2005, 12:04 PM
oy add more saturation on the girls skin, it will diference her better from the demon girls

W-I-L
05-03-2005, 12:26 PM
i dont want to know what u would do with the girls skin you nasty boy, you...!

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
add more saturation to the gurls foreskin??

:eek:

W-I-L
05-03-2005, 12:30 PM
"i would lower the tone of the whole thread" thought noob as he casually clicked on wil's thread. (and what kind of twisted, darli serrealist sence does what you just said make?)

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 12:32 PM
that wasn't me dude..sumone must have guessed my password and signed in as me..

:shrug: