05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
hmmmm . guessed your password...

well it could not have been that hard.

it's one of three:

i love anime,

i love girls,

or most likely

i love anime girls....

I would go away and try it for myself, but who on earth woudl want to sign in as you?

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 12:43 PM
u see..now i'm gunna have to drive by ur house.

*blam blam!*

W-I-L
05-03-2005, 12:49 PM
You mean cycle past my house? ringing your bell and the sund of clakers clicking at your wheels. The sound of a water gun doesn't go blam blam , more dribble.

On your bike lad! away with yer

xric7
05-03-2005, 12:54 PM
excellent!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

can't wait for details

calisto-lynn
05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
HI W!L! excellent work! id go with nebz though, she needs a little saturation on the skin. all in all beautifull! cant wait for more!:)

arkinet
05-04-2005, 04:33 PM
ur slacking w!l, more coffee!!:scream:

W-I-L
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115239872_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115239872_large.jpg)

hello,

i have played around with all of it but mainly i have chnaged the background ... now you can see that he is part of a tree. there is anothr demon girl in the tree. i am wondering what i should put in the background.... more trees fading out or a builing or whatever.. any suggestions?

NOOB!
05-04-2005, 08:57 PM
yeh... i think more trees kinda getting more saturated as they go back in the page to create depth,and maybe a few eyes around hehe.

looking excellent bro! really impressed,please finish in time!!

Neozoom
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
HEY WIL!!!
what's up?

it is turning out really nicely!!
like this comp man!! with good coloring job you'll do somethin greatz! :p

Arc80
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM
This is looking good bro. Nice add ons on the demon. Can't wait to see the whole piece finish bro. :buttrock:

cheers

xric7
05-05-2005, 05:39 AM
wow..:bounce:
mystic forest?excellent idea.:thumbsup:
i think the backgroun should be the stange land covered by massive of tree root and the trees with no leaf and maybe some foggy effect.:)
good luck.

NOOB!
05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
W!l do u have msn? if not..get it immediatly

and why is there no *WORLD DOMINATION* under ur name,ur part of the team,STAND PROUD!!

W-I-L
05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
there you go noob.... I have stopped being a loner..

and the team is growing! It's certainly looks set for cgtalk domination if not world. no i do not have msn. I will look into it. and your suggestion for pic is what i had in mind exactly... minus the eyes...

Neozoom - thanks buddy. I prefer this composition too.

Arc80 - thanks! i can not wiat for it to be finished either.. major love / hate relationship going on with it!

xric7 - thanks.. yes i think that is what i will do.

prob going to just put loads of trees fading back into the fog. but we will see. mnight still include a big house, or hut, all derelict because it was and maybe still is part of the story (which still has to be refined. so not writing anything yet)

thanks for the ongoing support... going to cook up a huge pan of curry, have a nap, and then get back into it!

Untill then . . .

NOOB!
05-05-2005, 06:50 PM
u can change ur name to nathan or nick if ur worried about the N thing hehehe.

cmon update!!

pushav
05-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I like this so far. Keep it up.

W-I-L
05-05-2005, 06:53 PM
that nap i mentioined ended up being from 2 untill 6!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: i missed 3 alars that i set somehow.... woke up missing time and confused.. must have been abducted by aliens. Serioulsy though i needed it. have not slept much in last few days. so will update tomoz. when have actualy done somthing! having a break today instead

pushav
05-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Lol. Unbeliveable. Impressitivity at its best.:thumbsup:

Miyagu
05-05-2005, 07:36 PM
hi wil! just stepped through your entry.. :) what a nice story you have there..

i would darken the upper left corner and place them in a huge hall.. but thatīs just me and my "giger-gothic-taste" :D

*waiting for updates and subscribing*

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 05:41 AM
thanks for the support. not sure about the hall. will just have to see what i do... prob just trees . . .

Nata
05-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Hi Wil! I think the trees will do fine, though I suggest not just simple trees but some with skeletons and skulls sticking out of the hollows or something like that... the idea is that these trees won't kill the girl, just taking her as a slave, cause the beast-master likes her too much. Or you could just kick me away and forget all about it... :p

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Nata - bend over and get ready for my foot then! only joking.. nice ideas there. when i say just trees i mean all sorts of other details as well. just will see what will evolve. man.. not enought time!

Neozoom
05-06-2005, 01:50 PM
So W!L !! I wait more^^ what are ya doing? the comp was amazing :) I wait more detail and some closeup ^^

GL bud ;)

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
MSN!!! man

nebezial
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
aarrgh damn painter, if it was photoshop i would be crapping tips and tricks all over the place. still lookin good, just add some saturation to the girl

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Dude... This Is Photoshop!!!

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Crap The Tips Now!

calisto-lynn
05-06-2005, 02:07 PM
hi will, cant wait to see it done. lol:)

nebezial
05-06-2005, 02:08 PM
beep beep ,truck goin backwards... unload first, use texture brushes, natural brushes 2 work great, in the upper right corner of the main horisontal tool bar there is a lil icon , push it and open the brush modifiers, turn on the dynamics, color dynamics is great cause it allows u to combine the main and secondary colour,

under natural brushes 1 u hawe great hairmaking brushes jst turn on other and maybe shape dynamics for a more natural flow,
saturation can be sponged on but that looks crappy, u want to use the soft and vivid light under low opacity while using strong reds and yellows, ull get it
shading can be vastly improved by setting the brush to hard light and using it with dark desaturated colours, tht will also add mild colouring to the shade.
thats it for now, ill be gback after u try it out

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 02:21 PM
that sounds like great stuff buddy.. will try it all... especially t6he combining the primary and secondary colours suing dynamics... cheers

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 02:23 PM
those sound like comic colouring techniques to me nebz.

ur tryin to spread the comic virus on everyone aren't u AREN'T U!!!

pushav
05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
I use a comic style of coloring when I paint also NOOB!.
And I have like 3 Hyung Tae Kim tutorials and he paints in the same way.

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I use a comic style of coloring when I paint also NOOB!.
And I have like 3 Hyung Tae Kim tutorials and he paints in the same way.

well i guess i'm more inspired by classic painters than comic ones.

thats NOOB! for ya.

nebezial
05-06-2005, 02:41 PM
oy, my master servant was made that way..eat this virus!!:D

Neozoom
05-09-2005, 08:09 AM
yeah man , it s looking good , but you must hurry up! (as me haha^^) because the end is approaching :)
nice first refined colors anyway !

W-I-L
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
yeah i know the pressure is on... but for the first time in this image i am feeling a bit jaded . . . such bad timing... i think i will have a couple of days off and then work my arse off!

calisto-lynn
05-09-2005, 04:36 PM
hiya! i await ur update! hurry up!:)

W-I-L
05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115832155_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1115832155_large.jpg)

Hello.

changed the background.. i prefer this... alos a bit of the foreground done. o and i am trying to fade the demon girls back a bit.. i feel they took too much attention away from the main characters.

got alot to do and so little time...
ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!

Arc80
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Looking good dude. I definately dig the grass on the foreground. Your characters also have really good expressions on them. YOu can definately tell their personality and the story telling is really getting strong. The only thing i could critzs is to just darken the grass on the foreground. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers bro

W-I-L
05-12-2005, 11:23 AM
thanks mate... i will darken the foregound grass. ... thanks for he kind words, but i still feel tht the demon guy needs more of a battling his emotions look.

now i just hve to tighten it all up and make sure it is all spot on.

W-I-L
05-14-2005, 08:23 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116058981_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116058981_large.jpg)

I seem to be just moving alot of paint about and not doing much!. chan ging things but nothing getting better.. i dont know.. anyway off i off down south for my old mans biorthday so maybe i can see it with fresh eyes when i come back...

l;aters

Gord-MacDonald
05-14-2005, 09:12 AM
I suggest that you nail down all of your lights and darks, right across the board. At the moment they are not forming a coherant pictoral composition. Think simple:
- light values,
- midtones,
- dark values
adjust your composition using these core tonal values and then move on - but don't move on until they are established a unified composition that you are satisfied with.

Remember that the people, trees, etc are both you compositional elements AND your subject matter, and your compostional elements and subject matter have to work together.

One suggestion:
Look at some master paintings to get ideas (these images are readily available on the net - usually jpgs) - get about 5 images that you find you really like, load them, in turn, into PS or whatever CG program you are working in, create a duplicate layer, and then desaturate that layer - (do this so that you can concentrate on looking at just the light/dark values, without being distracted by the other colour values) add a new layer, and rough in the midtones, lights and darks. Don't be finicky, work with boldness - do not get distracted by small details - go for the big picture here!

once you have got a better sense for creating a unified composition, then apply the same approach to your image.

Set up a new layer(s) to establish these core values (ignore the details for the moment). They (the core values ) are going to establish the foundation of your composition - remember - Light/dark contrast IS THE DOMINANT colour contrast - all other colour contrasts are subserviant (hmmm - master/slave ;))

Once you have succedded in tying all of your elements together, then you can go back and concentrate on adding details, - but when you do so - don't blow away the light dark structure you have created - work withinn your established tonal values.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Gord

xric7
05-14-2005, 09:29 AM
hi..W!L:D
nice painting and nice characters.:thumbsup:
maybe u should try to use some light and shadow to focus or hind something in ur image.
time left not much.do ur best to ur main characters.and for the background let the ambience of light and shadow works.
take care.:)

AdrielaSakamoto
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Hi there. I saw your call for help in another thread, and though I'm not sure what I can offer of any real use.. I'll give it a try..:)

There's a lot going on here, and I like the composition just fine. What you might consider at this five day out point, is to start pulling your detail out so when you're moving paint around as you call it (I like the way you move paint around..) your vision starts to solidify visually.

When I'm having problems (not that you are..) I start fleshing or even detailing a portion of the image I really like - sort of the soul of the image, if you will - and that helps my brain see real results and a clear path to what I want.

Sometimes the path remains very clear, and sometimes it takes me in a different, but better direction. I dunno.. just seeing the bits I really love come to life helps drive me to the finish. But that's just the way I work.. I hope this helped some. Wasn't sure where you needed help, but if this wasn't it, I'll try to yammer on in another direction if you'll say what it is that's giving you brain hemorrhage. (or is that just my own creative process?
best to you,
AdrielaSakamoto

Enayla
05-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi Wil!

I really like what you have here so far. That soft cool green-yellow of the light is an excellent colour choice, which I think might be part of the problem, here. Try to incorporate it more into the image. The purple-pink of the skin tones carry nothing of this beautiful green, which is a real pity as they end up rather greyish without it. The front of the picture is a grey-lilac without much life to it. I suggest you go to the background colours and pull them into the rest of it for more depth. You can actually use a warmer green-yellow to set off the cool one from the bg, instead of using only purple as a contrast.

I'm not entirely sure if that's any help at all. I love the piece so far and I'd really like to see it finished. Just take it easy on the purply bits and I think you'll be just fine : ]

Arc80
05-16-2005, 08:45 PM
GO, go, go W!L!!! Nothing else to critzs since the above people had already mentioned it.

Just dropping by for the support bro.

cheers :bounce:

arkinet
05-17-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah were here for you dude... & get back to work!!! you slacker!!! hehehehe... waiting for you at the finish line dude, hurry!!!:bounce: :bounce:

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
they Question is

W!L he be able to finsih??

*see what i did there* hehehe.

xric7
05-17-2005, 04:52 PM
hey..noob.:twisted:
he can.i'm sure.:buttrock:

keep going,W!l.:bounce:
waiting for ur final image.
cheers.

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 08:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361018_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361018_large.jpg)

Hello, this is fina colouring. Just tweeks after this, and olour adjutmentrs.. got rid of the third demon women high in the tree as set the whole thing off balance.

what you think?

Any more adjustments efore the end?

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361130_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361130_large.jpg)

close up of main caracters

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 08:19 PM
its looks great man,but i can't help but think more thing in the forground cud be sharpened and have more detail

STUPID 2 MONTH DEADLINE,still cool as hell though.

can't wait dude! tweak away!!

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 08:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361209_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361209_large.jpg)

more close up

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361309_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116361309_large.jpg)

more close up

TheFirstAngel
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
WOW, wonderfull work Wil! love the composition now, has much power and dose details are neat! keep on rocking, your way leads to a masterpiece!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xric7
05-18-2005, 09:15 AM
great work.
nice comp and details.
can't wait for final.:bounce::thumbsup: :buttrock:

W-I-L
05-18-2005, 11:31 AM
gordonm - thanks man... said thanks in PM so all good.

xric7 - thnaks for advice and support. means alot!

AdrielaSakamoto - that was good advice and it helped me when i was stuck. cheers.

Enayla - MY HERO! thanks for responding and your advice was invaluable. much appreciated.

Arc80 - always welcome to drop by wit support!

arkinet- thanks

NOOB!- hopefully more detail to be done before midnight tonight! arghhhh!

the1st_angel- nice words there. thanks for the support.

3dRaven
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Nice work on the compostion. The main characters look even better than when I last dropped my here. Good to see you've gotten to detailing. The demon girls are a nice addition :D

Keep rocking Will still got time till midnight :buttrock:

W-I-L
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116449647_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5873/5873_1116449647_large.jpg)

Story:
A king of old who was poweful but fair and a great ruler, fell in love with a women, and they shared there love for a brief while before the women disappeared. the king's people could not find her and so he resorted to seeking out the dark withes of the ancient wood. he made a deal with them and they told him that if he were to plant a tree and wait by it then she would return to him.
So this is what the king did. long he waited and longer still. he gave up his land and his life, and stayed in the woods day and night. the eyars passed by and he grew insane with lonliness, only the two sisters of the wood wispering hope in his ear.
And so eventually it came to pass that a women was walking trough the woods and saw this old senile king.
After years he saw only saw his once true love. He saw she was scared and she tried to run. love and hope soon turned to anger the more she fought him and the king confused when she stopped struggling and lay cold and still beneath him.
In despair he dug a hole at the base of the tree and buried the women and himself in it. The last thing he saw was the two sisters smiling down at him as they still wispered hope of seein his love in tyhe afterlife.

And so he condemned himself to his eternal fate... seeing only his true love in the bodys of women throughout the centuriys, ever taunted by the two sisters.The tree grew large and strong and so did the old king, possesed and warped by the tree. many a yong girl lay slain and buried beneath taht tree, they in turn becoming th restless.

Untill one day a women happened on this tree, who had te power to see into this demonic being and see the old king, full of despair and love, and even while she was being pulled down to be buried she locked eyes with his and tried ot find the last piece of humanity in them, so that he culd rest ad she be freed. But the sisters stil look on, ever smiling, knowing there is no escape . . .

W-I-L
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
ARGHHHHHH!!! How do i upload the final TIFF image. there is an icon saying to upload it but i am going thru that porocess and the last page has no where to upload my final tipp image.... help!

calisto-lynn
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
nice story. so glad u could make it! good luck W!L!!:bounce:

NOOB!
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
yo W!L u gotta upload ur file here ftp://challenge.cgnetworks.com

u shudda been given the password and details when u clicked on upload final image.

great final!!

W-I-L
05-19-2005, 12:06 PM
after all that, i could not bloody submit my final image before the end. i am going to go crawl under a rock and cry .... no one told me about this bloody ftp craziness.... and why photosho would not save my file as a zip file... GRRRRRRR! There always next time

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 12:10 PM
NOOOO! u didn't make it!!! this just ain't fair man! damn FTP!!!

so far W!L

GSO:didn't finish
M&S:finished,but cudn't do ftp stuff

maybe next time u will actually finish the WHOLE process.

very sorry W!L ,ur still a part of the team.

and u can't save things as a ZIP in photoshop FOOLISH PERSON,ZIP isn't an image type,u save it as a tiff,and put it in in a zip file using WINZIP!!!u gotta download winzip

u'll find out soon enough! sorry again man.

W-I-L
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
so your just supposed to know this stuff . . . choosing what kind of pencil, 2b or 8b is about as technical as i get. O well... will be doing that stuff next time. and will give myself a bit moe time so if anything goes wrong i can sort it out. You live and learn!

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 01:06 PM
so your just supposed to know this stuff . . .

lol well,without soundin rude...yes u shud,the ftp stuff was all in the rules,and u shud have basic knowledge of all this if ur particpating in a CG art contest.

but as u sed live and learn,seeya next time man!!...i hope

pushav
05-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Nice! Glad that you could finish this.

xric7
05-19-2005, 07:23 PM
ARGHHHHHH!!! How do i upload the final TIFF image. there is an icon saying to upload it but i am going thru that porocess and the last page has no where to upload my final tipp image.... help!
oh...no
after all that, i could not bloody submit my final image before the end. i am going to go crawl under a rock and cry .... no one told me about this bloody ftp craziness.... and why photosho would not save my file as a zip file... GRRRRRRR! There always next time

i'm sorry,W!l.i just see ur post when it too late.:cry: :cry: :cry:
realy want to help u.for me,u re the 1st friend here.

http://www.cgtalk.com/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-14-2005, 08:22 PM #3 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=2166282&postcount=3) http://www.cgtalk.com/clear.gifW!L (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=95989)
World Domination

= A VERY CONFUSED WIL

waht is the idea..? Nice sketching by the way

ALRIGHT LAD'S! ARE YER READY FOR A WAR!

ur work is great.u finished it.u're the great,buddy.
take care.

xric7
05-20-2005, 05:27 AM
the1st_angel, OliveBeard, mosconariz, Fred76, everyone else who had trouble in the last 15 minutes of challenge time:
There was a problem for many people submitting in the last 15 minutes of the challenge. If you attempted to submit in those 15 minutes (and those 15 only!), email me (robert@ballisticmedia.net) with your username, WIP image and text, and I will upload it.

hey W!l!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Arc80
05-20-2005, 06:39 AM
Congrats bro!!! and you can still send your image, WOOHOO :bounce:
It was fun watching your thread and the progress. AWESOME work dude. Very nice style.

GOODLUCK and see you around the community.
cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

W-I-L
05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
YES!!! I am in ! got an email saying my upload was sucesful and my final image is on my final image submit page. I am in! YAY HAY!!!

xric7
05-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooo!!
congratulation!!:bounce: :thumbsup: :buttrock:
may the luck be with u,W!ll.:twisted:

W-I-L
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
thanks mate!!

3dRaven
05-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Cograts Will. :thumbsup: Nice to see your competing

NOOB!
05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
YES!!! I am in ! got an email saying my upload was sucesful and my final image is on my final image submit page. I am in! YAY HAY!!!

:thumbsup: good news!

arkinet
05-20-2005, 04:56 PM
congratulations dude, best wishes!!!:thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
congrats mate, you did it! I am happy for you, even thoutght i failed with the same bloody submissiontrap, and i havent gotten the same nice news, i still hope they will put me up too, if not, say hi when you pass MY rock i'm under :p
best of luck mate! and congrats on your final piece! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Miyagu
05-21-2005, 03:01 PM
congrats w!l :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and good luck!!!

damn deadlines.. :scream: but you did it!!! :bounce:

*see you on the dark side!*

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2005, 03:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.