PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

fellah
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
looks very good and promising so far!!
I hope you'll play more with the lighting in the end. I see alot of nice possibilities there.
maybe a very strong back/rim light.. and you could experiment with different colors etc.. (a basic ex, to put a little red in the bg and little more blue in the front to show some, euh.. personalities(good/evil bla bla) ) it's hard to explain with words..
models looks cool, i especially like the gluteus-maximus and the cape of the guy.

TrexGreg
05-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Hey, Mitso....
I see you have done quite a nice work here...
My humble opinion and comment would be about the scene as a whole. Everything is so symetrical; the models, the props. Try to modify a bit the half side of every object in the scene. And the pose Ares have. So stiff and dead. The amazon pose is great; Ares should "walk away" the default modeled pose, as well...
Again, that's my humble point of view. Either way, this is great work.

ps: We work like hell and you have all the time of the world...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

element5
05-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Hiya :)

So many really cool 3D images in the challenge and this will have to be in my top ten...great work...fantastic lighting

gpepper
05-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Very huge weapon ! I like the style of your composition ! We feel the thousand years of your country history behind this ! :thumbsup:

monsitj
05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi dimi how are you! your work is great so far! hurry man ! time is running out!!:scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 08:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115283252_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115283252_large.jpg)

Ok....here are the 2 of the 3 layers of compo ..plus the texturing so far on ARES and the posing of him.
Made chains, textured his cloth and body (forgot hands...lol...) . I have some intersections of cloth and chains...will fix that...also the volume light will be more behind him becuase now it kinda spoils his image and skin.

I have removed the marble above Amazon's head and textured the marble statue behind her...also added asome backlight there for her shape to stand out more...On Ares i bended the head towards Amazon and opended and turned a bit the left leg and pushed a bit backwards like he is ending his movement there...

Thanks to Lemog i ahve a better 3rd layer for the background which i will post soon....

C&C are welcomed.

gpepper
05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks to Lemog i ahve a better 3rd layer for the background which i will post soon....
C&C are welcomed.

Is this a team challenge ?
:eek: ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 09:10 AM
@ fellah ...thanks my friend ...i know what u mean...i hope i will incorporate your thoughts in this...(i have a bit tried already but i am not sure if it shows here....)...Your advise has always been a step forward for me... ....u NUT :bounce:

@ TrexGreg ...hi man ...how are u ..i am learning that u are working like crazy ...KOURAGIO!...
About his pose ...maybe u are right ...i think i will fix him but very small changes(as u see above)...'cuase the main thought is that he is a God ...i kinda want him like posing...that is why i modeled him close to final pose from the start....Background ...yes i have made changes to break a bit the hard symmetry on this...i hope it will be better.:thumbsup:

P.s...: :eek: ...man are u nuts?!..hahahah... i am working for 4 different clients except OrasisStudios...i haven't slept more that 4 hours the past 2 months...hahahah...no my friend...this challenge is worked 2-3 hours the most every night...it's a miracle if i have the time to finish it ..not to mention that i have to finish it THIS Monday...'cuase abig project is coming from a freelance contract Tuesdauy morning :banghead: .

@ element5 ...thanks my friend...i am happy u like it.:)

@ gpepper ...heey my friend ..thank u ...i hope we meet in June when i'll come in Paris ( i will try to visit the NUTS Lemog too....:bounce: )

@ monsitj ...thanks my friend. I hope i'll finish it ...i have to do this by this Monday...i have less time than the normal time unfortunatelly. Not to mention that i am spendiong more time to do stuff 'cuase i am reading XSI stuff at the same time...heheheh..but i am not complaining i 've learned A LOT about ZBrush and XSI in this challenge :) .
I ' ve seen your progress...and the feeling that i have for your work hasn't changed .. U are one of my favourite artists man..... too much talent in your head :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Is this a team challenge ?
:eek: ;)

Of course man..that is why we are getting more skilled after every challenge ...'cuase we exchange thoughts...hahahaha...u nut Frenchy...:)

3dRaven
05-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Dimitri this will be on my wallpaper for sure. Hope the society goes for making posters out of some of the pics. I'd love this on my wall :thumbsup: The masters lower body could use some more contrast it seems a bit dim compared to his torso.

Waiting for the backround compo mix

Tremoside
05-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Posters for all!! :beer: It's already a superious stuff! Yes! We need it! I sure your work will finish in top ten, so poster will be necessary! BTW great progress on Ares! Keep it up!

gpepper
05-05-2005, 10:16 AM
@ gpepper ...heey my friend ..thank u ...i hope we meet in June when i'll come in Paris ( i will try to visit the NUTS Lemog too....:bounce: )

Hey cool ! I will be there to see U ! Just call me when U're there ! Send me a private message and I will give U my phone number ! It will be very cool !

evanfotis
05-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi Dimitri.

I don't know, and its a matter of taste of course, but I feel that the womans hair would look more natural for the era of the event and more feminine, if instead of short curly, where straight and long. You could also take advantage of their legnth and make some visually interesting flow movement, to match the cape of th master, and give the sense of wind to the foreground as well.
And just a different angle:keep the master as he is bald but with a bit darker in skin colour, a melange of black and white, and the servant girl, change her to a pure blond or light brown complexion, very white skin (don't forget she's been kept as a slave away from the sun, in the dark dungeons...).
this imho would exagerate the contrast between the two and give a more dramatic effect to the image.
Just my $0.2.
You can try it and judge how it seems to your eyes...

Scrat-D
05-05-2005, 10:44 AM
:bounce: Awesome work Dimi you keep surprising the cg world!!!:thumbsup:

MDN67
05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
always a great piece of art, but, for me, the texture of the cloth of the master is no very good, perheps is only a beginning

sonicstrawbery
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM
This is beautiful Dimitris, i like a lot the dark mood in this piece !

Textures looks great so far, good luck for the final !! :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
hey he is a God no ordinary-born man he should NOT have a Belly button!:wise:
:thumbsup: Go liats Go nuts

shtl
05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey Dimitris ! It's coooooll :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I love it!

Didn't get much time thoose days, so i lost a lot of your thread....:sad:

Ok for me it's chains...! No doubt! I do agry the weapon is very very cool (i'm jealous of your design) but hey, sometime you have to backstep to go forward no? Or if you cannot erase it just symetrise verticaly (well rotate) it no?
But the chains are much more effective for your image!

The texture of the cloth (drapery) is cool too, but maybe a little to much hi-tech for the general feeling of the image no?

Go go go Dimitris! :bounce: It's almost done :thumbsup:

venum
05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Hi dimitri!

great texture. I like your work, I like your concept. You did a huge and
amazing work. Really nice Charater, many props, and a huge and accurate set.
Congratulation. About the lighting, I've got many comment. The different pool of
light are not on my opinion really accurate.
let's start about the master. There is a front left side pool of light on the
face and the torso, but there is no contimuity onto the legs. On the legs it's
side light. Basicly, we can't fill a shape and a depth with these lighting.
Maybe because your ambiante light on the front of the master is too important.
If you watch the steps on the stair just under the master, they are really dark,
because of the shadow. I would to see a connection with the dark side on the
floor and the master. Of course there is transluscency onto the cloth.
For the amazone I will have the same comment, It's the same thing. The amont of light
between the shadowing part of the body and the objet into the shadow. but It's way
better. There is less work on her left side (ribs). Are you doing texture for
the amazon hair?

I hope I was not to confuse dimitri and to hard about my comment. :wise::deal: I like you're
work anyway.

Squibbit
05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
very weird... the left hand looks almost black.. ?

Agamemnwn
05-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Ok lets see :D The composition looks great Dimitri, I really like Ares like that. The pillon near the amazon looks great.One thought about the cloth is it me or is it a little too reflective? I can understand that it some kind of skin ( looks like snake skin) and the collar the amazon is wearing looks kind of matte, not reflection. One suggestions about the collar as well maybe you could make the area of the skin a little darker and irritated to show that see has been wearing this collar a long time. I f you want and have time ( i now the last one is an issue) Keep up the good work my friend :o) :thumbsup::bounce::bounce::bounce::beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 06:14 PM
3dRaven ....thanks man...i am working on contarst more these days for the scene...:)

gpepper .... cool , i will man...weeeeeeee...me and lot of Crazy Frenchies...olala :bounce:

evanfotis ...thanks man....to br honest i don't know how many things i can change now (it's finish line this Monday or Tuesday...arghh...''i 'll see what i can do where is needed...thanks man.

IpiotisDinos ....cheers man :)

MDN67, cipher ...thank u guys!

sergioKomic ....hmmm..u are right but maybe i should give him belly button...lol

shtl ...thanks man...weapon is your in OBJ format (it will just need to be subdivided twice..nothing more....pm me an email where i can send it):)

venum ...of course i am happy u wrote all this....and thanks ...i am getting right on it..thanks man....u just gave some good pointers on their light...:thumbsup::bounce:

Squibbit ... i know...i forgot to texture them ...lol...i have fixed this ...hehehehhe....weapon is yours too if you want it :)

Agamemnwn ....i will fix her collar (done it already ..lol) ...his cloth i like with this shiny serpent look...maybe i should tone it down a bit....thanks man :)

Squibbit
05-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Squibbit ... i know...i forgot to texture them ...lol...i have fixed this ...hehehehhe....weapon is yours too if you want it :)

heh, thanks! about time to start hunting the food instead of just getting stuff
from the store ..

A12
05-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Fantastic work so far. You managed to breath life into the characters as well as the fabric. The contortion of the back muscles of the female is very impressive. Looking forward to the completed piece:)

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 08:45 PM
News from the battlefront....:bounce:

venom, fellah and Squibbit where right....

1....venom ..thanks man...yes lights are more balanced now (not to mention that i have made unforgivable errors in prev post)...

2 .... fellah.... man i tried to incorporate the idea of good and evil in lights ...i don't know how visible this is ...but i am posting tonight later the result ...love ya man :)

3.... Squibbit ...man u are tottaly right...chains (now that they lit properly ..are way cool..:bounce:...i lova ya too...

@ all guys here ... thanks...i will answer to each one soon...i am rendering right now the corrections for lights and posting ...aaaaaaaaaa...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :bounce:

Agamemnwn
05-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Great :D keep up the good work my friend :thumbsup:

mmoir
05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Dimitris,
Looks like you are going to have another great entry , Good luck with this.

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 10:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115331644_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115331644_large.jpg)

..his final model for scene. Some friends asked me to post a model render for this ...so here it goes.

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 10:25 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115331927_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115331927_large.jpg)

Light setup for the front part of scene..

I think it's better...i have now to texture her collar and his belt (the two black ones)

C&C are welcomed

Squibbit
05-05-2005, 10:29 PM
it just keeps getting better

hey imagine what, I've already said
"hey cool stuff dude" 2000 times
on CGTalk, hahaha

:bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-05-2005, 10:40 PM
...hey imagine what, I've already said "hey cool stuff dude" 2000 times
on CGTalk, hahaha...

ahhahahahahahahah....:scream::thumbsup:

mmoir ...thanks friend....i hope so!

safe05
05-06-2005, 12:27 AM
very cool! Love the flowing cape and the shader used for it. :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
05-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Looks great!!! so good :love:.Great job my friend. :bounce::bounce:Just a little bit more and then we can go for :beer:

kira-hime
05-06-2005, 05:40 AM
wahhh, finally made it through 68 pages! Really amazing work, and a big learning experience for me. And now I really want zbrush! Aughh...being a student stinks. ^.-

Super awesome! :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-06-2005, 06:10 AM
One day of rest for me... and so many new thing here... I like the new way... you actually work as an ant my friend... the few remarks that I could have seem already to be said, I will wait next the update now... :thumbsup: (and very beautiful untextured model... that permit to really appreciate your modeling skill...)

neo_sk8rider
05-06-2005, 06:13 AM
This Woman.. oh My Gog.. This Woman.. just.. PERFECT :twisted: !!! One of the Best Contests Friend Dimitris! Everything is just great, concept, models, lightning, everything... Wish you luck fella :buttrock: .. :thumbsup: !!!

Neo.

eddieellis
05-06-2005, 08:43 AM
dude, you know what i think, and it still hasn't changed :bowdown:

Rémy Malin
05-06-2005, 09:13 AM
very beautifull! Ilike the wind in man's wear

gpepper
05-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Great shader of the cloth !
Few days left Dim ! I hope You manage to do what you've planed !

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115397292_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115397292_large.jpg)

Texturing corrections on his skirt shading....his belt and bracelets....also the collar that Amazon has around her neck..

I am starting now the layer behind them with the huge ornament and colums of temple.....it ..coming slowly to an end ..for now...

C&C are welcomed...

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Dimitri you NUT so much details :D.... Looking great. Dont forget about minor details like the masters nails they should be a tiny bit lighter....

Keep at it...I'll be waiting for the next update

monsitj
05-06-2005, 04:44 PM
it seem you alreay familiar with xsi ! very great texturing! do u use HDRI to light your scene?

ThierryS
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Beautiful work, hey not only lord of bubbles, but lord of 3d too!:) Clearly on of the top entries:thumbsup: Kalimera (one the few words I know...) Will be back for sure.

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
3dRaven ... thanks man...lol..i DID forget them ...hahahahaha!

monsitj ...thanks my friend...no HDRI just the 14 light of their scene layer....i am not yet very familiar with texturing with XSI but the differences between our Maya and XSI are not big ...u just need to experiment a bit and u are ready to go i think.....:)

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
.. Kalimera (one the few words I know...) ....

U said it right friend...this is for Goodmorning....in evening and night (which is here now) we say KALISPERA (goodevening)......and that concludes todays Greek language lesson . :scream:

Kick ass avatar there.

Agamemnwn
05-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Kalispera Mitsara, Great work man . AMAZING detail.:thumbsup::scream:. So good. The small indictations in Ares skin the detail of every part of the skirt and belt, the amazons collar. :bounce::bounce::bounce:. RESPECT

:bowdown:

ace4016
05-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Looks great Dimi, love the texturing. DOn't know if you had this planned but I thikn his grips on the chains should be tighter, lol, looks like he's still holding the axe.

pigwater
05-06-2005, 08:21 PM
Dimitris .. this is just sick ... your a freakin nightmare with the textures ... :eek:

absolutely sick stuff !!! :buttrock:

evanfotis
05-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Hi Dimitri!
I really love your clean model render, without maps and stuff! pure sculpture!
I agree with snoopy ace4016 about the hand grip o the chains.
As for Ares clothes. I hope he hasn't been fiddling with your GSO's... Royal Guard Suit conerting it to a cape?:)
Keep on the the great work:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys for the comments..

Agamemnwn ....thanks man for the encouragement.

ace4016 ....thanks man..arghhh..about grip of hands...hmm ..u are right ....maybe they should close ..,,,maybe ideed like this looks very relaxed holding of chains....arghhh ..must find time...arghh 2 more days for me...:bounce:

pigwater ...thanks man...i hope this is a compliment....hahahahah...thanks friend...love your entry ....just love it really..(why don't think stuff like that...darn!)

evanfotis ....yup ...there seems (hands) to be a problem to solve..arghhh...:buttrock:

Agamemnwn
05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
You can do it. You have already eaten the hole donkey and its only the tail left. :D ( hmm translating greek sayings in english hm hm :scream:) Keep up the good work my friend :bounce::bounce:

el-newty
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
WOW...
this is a piece of art!!!:thumbsup:

Congrats my friend and good luck :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
05-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Ok let be constructive. As ace4016 suggested the hands have a little loush grip on the chains but other then that looking att the previews updates on the 2 layers you have here i dont find anything less and everything looks really good. Keep up the good work my friend. can t wait to see the next update :D :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-06-2005, 10:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115419812_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115419812_large.jpg)

....Light Setup (6 lights so far) for the background and some small additions to help the perspective a bit....
Maybe foreground light should tone down a bit to give the more atmosphere....still experimenting...

hope u like it...

C&C are welcomed

Agamemnwn
05-06-2005, 10:58 PM
looks really good Dimitri and the stairs on the background give a nice definition of depth and volume to the background. Are you going to light the stairs as well? I really like the volymentric lights coming down to the center of the scene where the master and servant are. It nicelly brings out the stream of wind that blows Ares cloths and the curtains on the top that are dirrecly on the flow of stream and little the side curtains that are blocked by the columns . Really nice.

evanfotis
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Cool!

If the bg would be presented alone, as Agamemnwn said I would give some liight to the stairs, and perk up the volumetric a bit.
But sinc this is just background and the protagonists are going to stand just in front of it, keep it low profile not to distract the attention and clutter the image.
Only if we see the whole comp with the people inside can we deside how to treat the background. As you say maybe the left light on the column is a bit over exposed and need to be softened...
Cant wait to see the whole comp!:bounce:

Squibbit
05-07-2005, 08:15 AM
that curtain that occupies just the upper portion of the
pic looks too made, too even and not billowing enough.

Agreed ?

aBlackEgg
05-07-2005, 10:45 PM
theres some cool stuff going on here.
You ve got a lot of crispy modelling details there -- are you planning to use a depth blur to ease them a little?

myEntry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231942)

DimitrisLiatsos
05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Agamemnwn, evanfotis ... thanks guys ...i will not overdo it in the background (stairs and corridor) since it won't be much visible....Final compo is started rendering...(from Back to front...)

Squibbit ....agreed ...i tried to give it a bit more complex movement and more billowinng feeling. ..arghhh maybe more could be done there ...if i have a couple of in the week , i will correct it more. I have sterted rendering the final layers (1 hour ago )....'cuase i am afraid i will not have any free time for this in next 6 days...:banghead::banghead:.

aBlackEgg ...thanks friend..yup i will...and don't worry those crispy edges come from the low antialising renders i have posted so far.....finals look far more nice and smooth :).

So i already said...this (except any surprise - bonus extra time of 2-3 hours within the week starting..) has come to an end....I am rendering right now the Layers of composition...starting from background and coming out to the image...total of 4 layers (normaly 3 but ...just in case)....All rendering i hope will finish tommorow night ..(maybe sooner)
Image size 3600 pixels x 4000 pixels (portrait).
Rendering in an AMD64 3500+ with 2 GIGS ram ....

Before posting final i want to thank everybody for the comments and suggestions. U all rock and i am gratefull for all the help u gave me. U all helped this to look much better from what i was imagining when this challenge started.

Thank u ,

Dimitris

bealobo
05-08-2005, 01:56 PM
hi dimitri!
this is going really well, I like the volumetric effects and the blowing curtains just watch out this:
on the left upper part you can see the polygons on the curtains' edge, I mean it is nothing but subdivision needed. It´s not very noticeable but once you print it it will be a pity to see that.

:thumbsup: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks Lady :thumbsup: ...fixed that and made the curtains more floating from the air...

The problem that i have (..arghh...) is that i had to make instances out of the colums 'cuase the High Res render was crashing (damn pc's :scream: ..i want XSI on MAC.. :D) ...i guess 2 gigs of memory aren't enough for this to render in high quality...still fighting with my pc (since morning...daaaa)

:wip:

angel
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure what it is Dimitris but there is something odd with the shader of the billowing curtains. I hope you don't mind but I made a pic to show you what I'm talking about. The transparent areas look like flat polys with a white texture map making them look flat and on one area the curtain seems to be solid from 1 side. maybe it is a double vs single sided issue.

later

http://www.motionblurstudio.com/misc/dimi_large.jpg

DimitrisLiatsos
05-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks friend...don't worry they are not like this final ...they are without textures in prev post...i fixed that too...but really thanks for taking the time to paint over and keep my attention to this .. :applause: ...much appreciate this... :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hi dimitri, great job my friend i hope the best for this project you really deserve it with the amount of work you put in to it. cant wait to see the final .

<Greek mode> Na se kala file mou, kalh epituxia na exeis . Ekanes kai gamw tis douleies:scream::thumbsup::bounce::bounce::beer: </Greek mode>

angel
05-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks friend...don't worry they are not like this final ...they are without textures in prev post...i fixed that too...but really thanks for taking the time to paint over and keep my attention to this .. :applause: ...much appreciate this... :thumbsup:

cool, just making sure... keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

adel3d
05-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Excellent Rendering man.:applause:
Hope to see the other stages!

Lemog
05-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Yeah man... next steps... your lighting is really pretty but appear a bit flat for me... but I'm sure with the characters that will be better and okay... I'm waiting that impatiently... go Dimi... :thumbsup:

AIR
05-09-2005, 03:37 PM
You greek guys with sence for beauty.Darn it.
BUT IM GLAD TO HEAR THAT SOMEBODY ELSE BESIDE ME HAS PROBLEMS WITH PC PERFORMANCE.I thought I was the only one. :)

Keep it strong Dimitri :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks guys...i am rendering the layers now (already finished two ....two more to go).

AIR ...ahahhaha...thanks man ...found solution to my problem ..i just made one extra layer that i was suspecting i will from the start... :banghead: ....(your work is awesome man...finish this ...please)

Lemog ..i know my friend what u mean..i think i have fixed this ..anyway there is no way back now for this ...i hope u like the result...u are doing awesome work too as always ... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

adel3d ... thanks my friend ...i will post all final stages soon...now it's just renderings for me...i am working like crazy in a new project :banghead: :wip: :banghead: ...lol

Agamemnwn ...thank u very much friend....much appreciate your kind words...the best part was that in this i learned a lot about XSI and ZBrush..... :love:

Next post will be composition layers and final Image....very soon i hope now.... :argh:

Agamemnwn
05-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi dimitri, great! i cant wait to see the final :thumbsup::scream:

venum
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
:thumbsup:

Nice work. I like the chain. that make sens. the relationship between the master and the amazon.
Great texture work on the master.
I like the lighting of the set. But we can't read the material of the different element in the pool of light. It doesnt look like that much strong. There is no effect of exposition. Don't forget. Even transparent cast shadow.
:thumbsup::twisted::eek::buttrock::applause::D:deal:

3dRaven
05-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Happy layer rendering Dimitri (going through the same horror :banghead: )

Versiden
05-09-2005, 10:48 PM
lighting looking v.good man.. the patterns on the curtains are just owning me.. wow!
I think work a bit on the curtain shader itself like Snows pointed out.. otherwise full steam ahead!

Lemog
05-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Lemog ..i know my friend what u mean..i think i have fixed this ..anyway there is no way back now for this ...i hope u like the result...

Now, I know you very well... and I'm sure you reserve to us good surprise... another masterpiece... you have the power of your art man... use it :thumbsup:

Squibbit
05-10-2005, 05:53 AM
lol, nice update on the avatar, Dimi !
Surely, you earned the title
"animator"

Scrat-D
05-10-2005, 06:23 AM
:thumbsup: Man you are just aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome! Lighting is great (and so does the rest of the model). Keep up and show us all your talent!:thumbsup:

Black Rose
05-10-2005, 06:34 AM
Absolutly AMAZIIIIIIIING :bounce: FRIEND!

Xtronik
05-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Great lighting!
...! I think that shader of the curtains needs more attention

Enough with eenvironment now !
......GIVE US BACK SOME A$$ !!!%#^@$%&@$%

sergioKomic
05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm with chris on this one!

Give us some @$$

DimitrisLiatsos
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys.....i am starting to feel that everything around that butt is just a background to fill the image :surprised :scream: :surprised .....maybe i should delete it....:arteest: :twisted:

sergioKomic
05-10-2005, 10:34 AM
:surprised the @$$ or the bg? Im comfused:bounce:

If you delete the @$$ you will not win my vote!!!:drool: :twisted:

Squibbit
05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
no need to delete anythin, Squib help, see ? bum hidden !

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/DimiEdit_3.jpg

DimitrisLiatsos
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Mouahahahahahaha... Squibbit for president :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Hoorah for Squibbit:bounce: :bowdown:

JustinLewers
05-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Im really happy with how this is turning out. I sure it will end up as my desk top wall paper. Thanks Man

DimitrisLiatsos
05-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Last Layers Render has initialized today morning....so i think i will have Final image until Saturday evening.....:bounce: .

Really thanks everybody for your help and comments on this....:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Last Layers Render has initialized today morning....so i think i will have Final image until Saturday evening.....:bounce: .

Really thanks everybody for your help and comments on this....:thumbsup:
Oups.. impressive render time my friend... I cross my fingers for you... no right to errors now... :thumbsup:

evanfotis
05-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Last Layers Render has initialized today morning....so i think i will have Final image until Saturday evening

You mean it will take 4 days to render the last layers? How many are they?
And from what i remember your using a top AMD machine...

Agamemnwn
05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Squibbit:bounce:Squibbit:bounce:Squibbit:bounce:Squibbit:bounce:Squibbit:bounce:.

great dimitris. See the final soon :thumbsup::D

DimitrisLiatsos
05-11-2005, 07:57 PM
hahahah ..no guys it's not the time of the rendering.....it's just i don't have much time to work this ......i am working a lot for a leaving all these days..that is why it's taking so long ..hahahahah :banghead:

paperclip
05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi dmitri, fangirl registering for duty here:D This is definitely the most dramatic piece I've seen so far!:buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007330_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007330_large.jpg)

Rendering Milestones 01

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007507_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007507_large.jpg)

Rendering Milestones 02

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:08 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007677_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007677_large.jpg)

Rendering Milestones 03

CuneytGuclu
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi dimitri good detail! Best luck!:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007843_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116007843_large.jpg)

Rendering Milestones 04

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008025_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008025_large.jpg)

Composition Layers....

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008650_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008650_large.jpg)

BETTER DIE FREE

Ares the Greek God of War is trying to tame his most beloved, strong and most unwilling to be taimed Amazon warrior, Mina. She has suffered a strong blow on the head from Ares ...it's her last chance ...she will obey ...or she will die.
She must not get up , she must kneel down and obey to him forever. She won't ....she is going to get up.
She will die ...

Agamemnwn
05-13-2005, 06:29 PM
THEOS !! . Great Job Dimitri Love it just love it :love::bounce::bounce::bounce::bowdown::beer:

flyingP
05-13-2005, 06:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008650_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1116008650_large.jpg)

BETTER DIE FREE

Ares the Greek God of War is trying to tame his most beloved, strong and most unwilling to be taimed Amazon warrior, Mina. She has suffered a strong blow on the head from Ares ...it's her last chance ...she will obey ...or she will die.
She must not get up , she must kneel down and obey to him forever. She won't ....she is going to get up.
She will die ...

talk about bondage :D :D

JamesMK
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Good going, Dimitris :thumbsup:

Though I was expecting something like this for the final compo:

http://web.telia.com/~u48040664/5842_1116008650_medium.jpg

Agamemnwn
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
LOL JamesMK sant som fan :scream:

eddieellis
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
awsoem dude, just awsome :bounce: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
:scream: ....hahahah [b]Piggy, Wabbit [/] ...u little bastards...wahhhaaaaaa...i now don't need bandaids any more...hahahah :bounce:

Agamemnwn ..thanks friend

flyingP
05-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Good going, Dimitris :thumbsup:

Though I was expecting something like this for the final compo:

http://web.telia.com/~u48040664/5842_1116008650_medium.jpg

:applause:

MDN67
05-13-2005, 06:50 PM
:eek::eek::eek: and :bounce::bounce::bounce: and to :love::love::love:

I don't know what are can say,... but i says IT'S A VERY VERY GREAT PIC, FANTASTIK, AMAZIND AND OTHERS GREAT WORDS

One of the best pics, a great work here, i hope good muck to you dimitri But I think that you do not need it

neo_sk8rider
05-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Great Dimi :thumbsup: .. Congratulations :buttrock: !!!

NEO.

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 06:56 PM
:... i hope good muck to you dimitri But I think that you do not need it

:bounce: :scream: MUCK i don't need thanks....i am afraid what MUCK even from the sound of it... :D :D

Luck ...yes ...that i need ..thanks my friend :scream:

Thank friend.

neo_sk8rider ..thanks friend :)

eddieellis ...thanks my friend...i liked your work in this from day one....have fun. :)

3dRaven
05-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Congratulations Dimitri :D :thumbsup: Mina came out real sweet & gotta love the finishing touches on the shield.

evanfotis
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Bravo Dimitri, excellent work!
You got the atmosphere and everything!!!
The drapes of the curtains the background:thumbsup:
And of cource Ares and the Amazon:bounce:
-Apsogo, apaikto!-

Squibbit
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
lol, good one, Wabbit

and Dimi ...

:eek: :bounce::applause: :beer::applause::bounce: :eek:

Tranchefeux
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi Dimitris, very large final, lighting and the colors are successful, the details and design a true pleasure for the eyes, all best for the prize list.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pigwater
05-13-2005, 09:08 PM
just beautiful stuff Dimitris .. love the color palette ... insane details ... and the butt... wonderful piece all around

just wishing you good duck !! :scream:

ace4016
05-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Congrats Dimi, the rendering looks great. Hope to see more of your work in the future. Hope you do more women too:D .

overcontrast
05-13-2005, 09:11 PM
congrats demi.. great image, love that butt of ur girl(no offence) and gr8 work on the color and lighting... wish u all the best :thumbsup:

jdsb
05-13-2005, 09:19 PM
congrats mate, lovely butt,beautiful details,great colors,job very well done ...all the best:):):scream:

makaron
05-13-2005, 09:34 PM
well done... :applause:good luck

kmest
05-13-2005, 09:39 PM
hi demitris.....nice job....one of the bests around.....hope your success on voting....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup:

ciscoleal
05-13-2005, 09:47 PM
I have to say that this is very nicely executed. Live the flesh tones on the girl. Much luck. Only thing I would suggest is making the guy stand out a bit more. The girl's flesh looks so great that it makes the guy's flesh a little flat. Other than that it looks awsome.

vampeta
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
W:eek:W Dimi, Great Final!!

Congratulations on your new MASTERPIECE ;)
Everything looks perfect and i love her back :twisted:

GREAT WORK!

See ya in the Voting ;)

Good luck to you! Cheers :beer:
Alex

DaddyMack
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Clearly some fine work DimitrisLiatsos... All your energy and effort really shines through in this piece mate:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congratulations and Good Muck!

Wandddo
05-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi Dimi:) Congrats to your great work... the final colors is amazing... great modelling, great textures, great composition, lights... all great! :thumbsup: :buttrock:once more congrats and good luck
cya

DimitrisLiatsos
05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
:blush: Guys ..i really am happy u like this.... :beer:

I think i have to thank u all for every comment u made and crit...that really helped .

I especcialy want to thank

monsitj ......for that paint over for Ares cloth ...that really ignited my imagination more , thanks my friend! :thumbsup:

Lemog ...for his observations in persp and general feeling...love ya crazy Frenchy

venum ...for his light observations ...u made push it further , thanks man.

Squibbit ...for the small observations all the time to fix mistakes everywhere... :)

Xtronik ....for helping me with his suggestions make the pose of the Lady more dramatic.

FlyingP ... For his observations on composition ...(i know ...guy looks a bit stiff...argggh..i 'll do better in the future piggy, i promise)

JamesMK ..for his support and the corrections on final image ... :D :argh: :D

gpepper ...cause although i didn't use SSS shaders ....his tutorial on SSS in Maya helped me a lot to develop skin in XSI...

my Wife ...for hitting me twice the day in the head with that damn Book...The local Pharmacy has sold too many bandaids this last month ... :scream:

....and of course all U crazy NUTS CGTALKERS... :bounce: ...thanks guys

P.S ; ...sniff ..it's over again...arghhh

monsitj
05-14-2005, 12:49 AM
yeah! Dimi! you made it ! stunning work from begining! good job! and congratulation! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
05-14-2005, 01:21 AM
thanks dude and i thank monsit too, again for that paintover, really good idea dude :thumbsup:

JDex
05-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Sorry for this fanboi post... but

That is awesome Dimitris! Glad to see you coming to terms with XSI and producing such excellent work.

safe05
05-14-2005, 05:06 AM
Congrats on creating a really great image! :thumbsup: I particularly like the composition of the master, cloth, and background. The modeling on all parts rock! Well done! :applause:

AIR
05-14-2005, 06:55 AM
It's just so haaard not to apreciate this piece,and so easy to do it.
Maan.The lights,the volume light behind is a killer.The sort of,god like atmosphere.
Theese silky sheets arround flying in breeze.It just has great aesthetyc's.
Im not much of critique guy,basicly I have to say anything that any other would here,great piece.cos im not god critician,and second,there is nothing much to critique,soo.I see ya in few days or weeks probabaly when we have time for good nice chat. :thumbsup:
GOOD LUCK.

venum
05-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey dimitri!

What beautifull posts. I'm impress by the texture details.
the light change quiet a lot.
The light on the amazon is beautifull. I've still have some problem with the level, the contrast of the shadow on the belly. I'd like to see more contrast and a gradation. Maybe it because there is a kind of specular on this side. I was expected more diffu, and less specular. I still have a problem with the amazon hair as well. It's look like a blinn with no transparency, specular map. It's loo like there is no shader. Sorry for this comment.

My feeling on the master is the texture are really beautifull. The lighting look like more accurate. But on the different close up. The shading of the skin is a bit blinny. The speuclar is too regular and flat. Yo need may to broke the specular with a map, Or use a skin shader (It's not compulsory of course) I've got an another trouble. It is beause there is a top backlight, we could feel rim light on the master (top of the head, shoulders) and his cloth and the skirt.

It's a really nice work your doing dimitry. I'm in hurry to be the 18th. Ok, you're not in hurry LOL...

:thumbsup::wise::twisted::deal::buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks friends for the kind words...although i would love to have a week more especially for what venum just mentioned..meaning i really would love my friend to experiment more on ARES shading and light especially but i needed the machine where i have XSI for a work i am doing since Monday ... :banghead: ..so that 's all i could do ..for now... on this piece. But i thank u for pointing this out...your words are not for nothing....I am gonna work on this more after a month or so (i think it needs 5-10 days ) to be more balanced.
:cry: ..anyway i hope this as it is now is not so much off... :banghead: :argh:

thanks again friends.

Maxter
05-14-2005, 10:11 PM
Beautiful composition Dimitris:applause:
Well done:thumbsup:

Antropus
05-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Dimi,

Good job man! :thumbsup:
I hope you had fun creating your image. Now we can rest :)
Good luck.

ps.: I still hate you!

Kris

venum
05-15-2005, 12:01 AM
:)Dimitris!!
:sad:5-10 days. :) You're doing a nice and great jobs.

gpepper
05-15-2005, 08:01 AM
gpepper ...cause although i didn't use SSS shaders ....his tutorial on SSS in Maya helped me a lot to develop skin in XSI...

Muahahahah ! Should I carry that weight a long time ? :D

Great job Dimitris ! A clean organic modelisation, great texture, amazing render and a cool final image ! You are a master ! Who are your servants ? :argh:

alex.h.
05-15-2005, 08:28 AM
super great work dimitri, love it, love the flow of the picture, see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bealobo
05-15-2005, 12:52 PM
hey Dimitri!
well done! good luck! congratulations... etc
seriously, your image rocks!

Versiden
05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
hey man.. u finished well done! The final looks great, as can be expected from you. I see you've fixed teh problems with the curtains.. looking cool man!

now you can sit back and watch the rest of us suffer for the next 2 days.. argh!

cheerz ;p

Kanga
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Congratulations,.... very impressive especially from one so young:).
Thats one heck of a beautifull slave man,... phew!

markovicd
05-15-2005, 10:20 PM
beutifull dimi ;)

gra7
05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
hey dimi.. amazing image man.. i love the modeling.. i just dont like much the idea..

best luck !
c ya !

Lemog
05-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Dimitris... good choice for the final... Your art is a really goldmine for us... respect my friend :bowdown: you are as the good vine, better years by years... or challenges by challenges... :thumbsup:

FredH
05-16-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey there Dimitris,

Your image came out really well! I love the style that you have chosen to create it in. It really suites the subject matter and time period.

Well done!

_FreD_

DimitrisLiatsos
05-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Heeeeyyy ...guys ...thank u very much....i hope we all meet again a new one.
I also hope i could use the last five days...i could really make some stuff better...but that should do for now.

Good luck to all of ya....and always have fun

:bounce:

sergioKomic
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice work overall man :thumbsup: , if things at work were not hectic latelly I m shure it would be a tiny bit beter:D

Keep it up !(Iknow you will)

Scrat-D
05-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Excellent work Dimi! There are no words to describe it!:thumbsup:

venum
05-17-2005, 12:42 AM

What a good mood, and a good word to laugth.
Dimitris you're the best.
:love:
By the way your challenge is great.
:deal::applause:

Deadlyforce
05-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi !
I wanted to congrat you for that nice piece of 3D work. Special mention to the lady's back.:thumbsup: Now, maybe I'm wrong but I find that your work is very close to the pictures of Boris Vallejo (you probably know him). Because here, I can find everything that makes his images so particular :

Slightly body builded beautiful girls (many with short hair, typical of the fantasy of the seventies and eighties) and body builded men in a dominant attitude.

And the theme of your picture fits perfectly with the "Tarnsman of Gor" book series (from John Norman...and no it's not me:D) which are really a fantasy masterpiece (but more and more difficult to find now in France).

This is because of those parallels and more that I like your picture ! :thumbsup::buttrock:

arkinet
05-17-2005, 07:49 AM
awesome dude... & good luck!!!:bounce:

TheFirstAngel
05-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Insane good Dimi! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bubble Bubble! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
you godly rocked again dimi! congrats on your furious final! wooohoooooooooooooooo!

scootermaya
05-17-2005, 08:50 AM
I love it Dim'
Good job !
I'm sorry I miss all this!
I am glad I saw the final !
Good luck Pal ! And maybe we will see you in Paris soon !

hhssuu
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Really well controled piece of work man, really love the final lighting and human forms are wonderful models too. Congrates on finishing, and the best of lucks.:bounce:

Squibbit
05-17-2005, 09:09 AM
i made this my wallpaper at home, good luck in the voting , dude :thumbsup:

jddog
05-17-2005, 11:36 AM
wow :thumbsup: congrats dimitris !
jdd

ilusiondigital
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Impressive image, but i think the same the master is too rigid (the pose)

Ludal
05-17-2005, 12:00 PM
I really like the woman pose ;)

But...Your skin shading isn't enought realistic..but it's a nice work man ;)
Good luck :thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Dimi...this image is so cool! I like the way of your chosen topic! With your county's culture and history it's an outsanding interpretation! Congrtulations! You did it again...and am sure you will do it next time too...:bowdown:

xric7
05-17-2005, 12:49 PM
wow..

i do love this piece.:bounce:
great comp,lighting,ambiance and realy cool characters.
congratulations.:thumbsup: :applause: :buttrock:

rattlesnake
05-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey man...i think this entry has very nice details on it...i was looking to your modeling and texturing and i found some very nice details ...your work is precise and very well done...and not just the models and textures are good..also the lights setup and all...youre a complete artist and u are comming with a great art piece again...i wish u luck for the voting...and i hope we meet again in other challenge...this one i wasnt able to be really part of it..but next time i hope ;)...

Oh of course: MOre Bubbles!! for the NUTS LOrd:scream: :)

goktugg
05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
looking very well:thumbsup:
firstly good concept then nice details such as human anatomy*cloths*wind*..etc.
nice modelling*lighting*texturing progress!

Congratulation! Good Work!:)

shtl
05-17-2005, 08:01 PM
haha Dimitris !

It's wonderfull! If a guy just see this image, he will think you're a no joke artist! But by following all this entry, we know you're also a nice fellow. Just thinking of this is funny.:) Killer in the work and cool in the process. Admirable!

Yeah there is obviously a master piece of work feeling, as already noticed. Man it's a strong image.... I love the contrast between the solid comp, the dynamic from clothes ans the nice curves from her back. This final shot is very cool!

Plus you definitively have the most beautyfull ass (a, well she has lol) of all this challenge. Huya! this ass is hypnotic. Almost dangerous. This god is a very strong god to resist her. Hey he even lost his hairs because of her....

I would love to see a 3 meter version of this image. Like classical paintings in churches or so...

Congrats man and :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaVee
05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
WOAW, FANTASTIC work man.

David.

userBrian
05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Very nice work, the tones are marvelous.

pigwater
05-18-2005, 06:07 AM
dimitris ... did i tell you this is incredible yet ... if not i meant to

this is fatastic stuff :bounce: :bounce:

i'll tell you something else ... you where what scared me out of the space-opera challenge ... i was watchin the ferocious stuff you were making and just said "phhhhht .. no-way" and ran away like a little girl :cry:

just impressive stuff you pump out :applause:

aliasali
05-18-2005, 06:38 AM
hey,Congrats Dimitris,thats very c0ol! very impressive.,i agree with what James said,that was so expected,!:thumbsup: :bounce: :D
Good luck!

eddieellis
05-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey My Friend, its the end of the comp and i have enjoyed watching you work to such a great image... best of luck with the judging and see you in the next one my friend. :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Dimi....... So whats up?;)

..... I am stopping by to wish you luck,and to congratulate you on a nice finish.You put forth a fine effort as always,and came up with a fine piece.Take care,and best wishes......:arteest:

Neeno
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
a agree with nearly everyone here.. such an impressive image dimitri... fantastic all the best mate in teh voting process... good luck to you and im sure we'll see you in the next challenge...:thumbsup:

venum
05-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Dimitris, you are a talentuous challenger. Great, great work!
:love::deal:

Matt-Bortolino
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Great work- well crafted, richly detailed & a powerful image. Congratulations :thumbsup:

Goul
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Great picture , love the light and the ambiance you've put into this piece. :)
And for sure , i love the foreground ! :thumbsup: :scream:

patina
05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Nice work man, super lighting, composition.....good luck in the final shakedown
Regards Patina!

M-S
My HunchBack
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231985

patina
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Nice work man, super lighting, composition.....good luck in the final shake-down
Regards Patina!

M-S
My HunchBack
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231985

leigh
05-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow this really turned out to be quite a departure from your usual style, in my opinion. But a very nice result, well done :)

IlCattivo
05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
The more i study the picture the better it gets. The bodies are fantastic, got to love the back on that girl. Great pose to. It's one of my favorites.

shtl
05-19-2005, 11:53 AM
and the sculpted details on the steps too :eek: :thumbsup:

(o)ne
05-19-2005, 12:04 PM
congratulations :applause:with a very good work

liquidwerx
05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Beautiful work. Good luck! :)

M

DimitrisLiatsos
05-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Friends i really thank u for your kind words....it is really appreciated.
This is for all Cgtalkers...and especially those who helped by their comments and observations. 1200 height wallpaper :bounce:

http://www.integra.gr/images/wallpapers/wallpaperMS.jpg

shtl
05-19-2005, 03:58 PM
:eek: :thumbsup: :love:

thanks dimitris !

Lemog
05-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks Dimi for the big piece... whaouw :thumbsup: :scream: :thumbsup: really a pleasure to see all these nutsy details...:bounce:

sergioKomic
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
You know what the ppl want and you give us just a wallpaper?

You r FIRED!

flyingP
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
OK seen them big now and I have to say ...... nice boots :D

edit: er.... sandals :)

gpepper
05-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks ! My computer is not able to choose between your wallpaper and the Lolo's one ! :argh:

lotaH
05-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Great Job, Dimitri...

Your woman is very "GOD"!!...heheh :scream:

Congratulations!!

[]'s

superhooman
05-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Mmm erotic :)

Great body language in this image - you very clearly got an emotional expression, especially from the woman. Which is particuarly impressive considering that her face is faced away from the camera.

Lovely work and good luck!

Kanga
05-20-2005, 02:41 AM
Well done Dimitris,... congratulations on a great work,... now to relax:beer:.

theuni
05-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi Dimi,

unique image you "painted" there :thumbsup: Fantastic modeling job & the details just let my mouth left wide open :eek: You got my vote 4 sure :applause:

tuck
05-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice compo and Beautiful rendering...Good luck!:applause: :applause: :applause:

sl1200
05-21-2005, 11:39 AM
congratularions! great work!!:applause: awesome skills!!:eek:

good luck!!:thumbsup:

doodoo
05-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi ! Dimitris !Good idea, good work...good final !
Good luck !
JP

alex.h.
05-21-2005, 01:41 PM
great final Dimitris, loved it from start to finish, see you later mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sonicstrawbery
05-21-2005, 05:21 PM
The image is impressiv Dimitris !!! :thumbsup:

You got some amazing modeling skills man, this piece is really beautifull !

I can only wish you the best for the next now....but i'm sure there's no problem :buttrock::thumbsup:

Again fantastic work :eek:

limousine
05-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Nice image Dimitris. Would be even better if you make the pose of master more asymmetrical. The lighting need to be improved and maybe an ambient occlusion pass added. Good work.

- limo

SUN
05-24-2005, 07:46 PM
:thumbsup: CONGRATULATION DIMITRI :thumbsup:
Greate Work (For one more time)
And now GOOD LUCK ;)

gpepper
06-27-2005, 07:05 AM
Congratulations my friend ! Another award ! and all the ballistic collection ! again !

Lemog
06-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Héhé my LordOfBubbles... an another time in the final line, congratulations Mr PotatoeHead :bowdown:

sergioKomic
06-27-2005, 10:22 AM
Bravo! clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap clapclapclapclapclap :bounce: :bounce: :applause:

shtl
06-27-2005, 12:23 PM
yyyyyyaaaaahooooo!
and all this with new softs, that's strong:applause:

(if you had the hairybut i'm confident that it would have been 1st rank ;-))

congrats Dimitris :thumbsup:

WildWire
06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Congratulations for the Community Award!!

I think you have a lot to read now.

Ralf Stumpf

vampeta
06-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Award :bounce:Award :bounce:Award :bounce:Award :bounce:Award :bounce:Award :bounce:Award :bounce:

Congratulations Dimi, but i don´t understand the jugdes?! I knew you would be under the Winners... but why not under the top 3 ??!! hmm.. ok ok everyone has his personal favorites i guess ;)

Nethertheless Awesome Art. and a real nice butt :twisted:

Alex

Squibbit
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
really would have wanted you to do much better, I think
the pic really deserved it. The pic's been my wallpaper at
home ever since u had it finished

but hey , 2 honorable mentions in a row and a community
award ain't all crap i guess

AARGH ,man , u really gotta do better next time or you
gonna drown us in shame!! :cry:

alex.h.
06-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Congrats on reward, could have been better, but its always something.
You did a great piece. see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
06-27-2005, 10:43 PM
@ gpepper ...... :bounce: ..thanks my little pepper!....the trip was postponed but it will happen.We will meet and Lemog and shtl.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@ Lemog ...U are one of my favourites 'cuase u are so romantic artist...u don't need prizes ...u are the prize ...to us....i hope we meet when i come to France.(postponed but not cancelled)

@ sergioKomic :bounce: ..thanks D ...Hey guys ask him why i call him D...hahahhaha

@ shtl ...hey friend....be prepared ....your work has infuenced me a lot for future works..thanks for the kind words...sorry for not producing a hairy butt ..hahahahha...maybe in the future...

@ WildWire ..Ralf ...u rocked man...and i am sure that u will rock more in the future...and yes... ...hahahha..i have a lot to read...hope i learn something...heheheh

@ vampeta ..heeeey..thanks friend...don't worry ..Judges did good ...i am happy 'cuase everything was done with new apps (XSI and ZBrush) and to be frank the outcome is better than i expected.....so it's all cool....hope to see ya again in a challenge..

@ Squibbit ...thanks Panu...i will ...and i really thank u for all observations...i promise i will do better next time.... :bounce:

@ monsitj ...man thanks...your paint over was the one that really uplifted my imagination....u are a great artist and i hope i see more of u in the future.

Thanks guys,
Dimitris.

overcontrast
06-28-2005, 06:09 AM
dude nite to c u on the award list again... u did an amazing job man.... congrats :thumbsup: i envy u cuz u got all those cool books which i'm such a suker for..... good luck on teh next one.. i'm more then sure ur gonna put up an awsome show in that one too :thumbsup: all the best

Nazirull
06-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Dimi doode! congratulations again! U deserve that award doode..i know i know u do....hehehehe

Welll keep bouncing!! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif boinghttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing

Tremoside
06-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Congrats Dimi! U deserve it man! It was a great challenge ! See ya next time! :wavey:

DimitrisLiatsos
06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
@ overcontrast ...congrats for u too man....i hope to see ya in a another challenge too. :thumbsup:

@ maranello55 ... http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif boinghttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gifboing ...thanks man!

@ Tremoside .... Thanks man...congrats to u too...u really have advanced very much ...loved your work on M&S. Hope to see more from you. :)

shtl
06-28-2005, 12:15 PM
@ shtl ...hey friend....be prepared ....your work has infuenced me a lot for future works..

haha! me influencing you? haha!
impatient to see what will come out, this sounds very good ;), plus you are very high skilled in 3d, and sharp eyed, definitively cool :thumbsup:

c ya

shtl

pigwater
06-28-2005, 12:28 PM
congrats dimitris .. loved the piece and would have liked to see you get some better goodies but ... :shrug: ... good luck finding a place .. or you could ditch the dog ?? .. or .. hey can you have two wives in greece?? .. so marry the daughter and keep the place ... ( of course your lovely wife might not like that plan)

anyways .. congrats again and hoping to see you next time :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
congrats dimitris .. loved the piece and would have liked to see you get some better goodies but ... :shrug: ... good luck finding a place .. or you could ditch the dog ?? .. or .. hey can you have two wives in greece?? .. so marry the daughter and keep the place ... ( of course your lovely wife might not like that plan)

anyways .. congrats again and hoping to see you next time :thumbsup:

...thanks Piggy Star :D :D... ...yup i hope i'll find a place soon. Hahaha...nop two wifes are not allowed in Greece...and even if it did...my wife Maria would...hurt me....badly... :D .

Hope to see ya in a future challenge friend... :bounce:

flyingP
06-28-2005, 01:23 PM
nop two wifes are not allowed in Greece

yes but you can marry your daughters aparently :D

sergioKomic
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
hah ah ah hhah that one killed me!

TheFirstAngel
06-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Since we both seem to be nice i suggest we make the service and bar while the others enjoy the wild and crazy party here! Hahaha congrats, let the party beginn!!!
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/digital_paintings/dsg/050605_afterhour.jpg

kmest
06-28-2005, 06:19 PM
hey dimitris,,,,ConGrats You greac man....let achilles and Odysse be proud of U:bounce:.....next time Make sure to do Much better work.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:Keep and eye on U always

DimitrisLiatsos
06-28-2005, 09:11 PM
yes but you can marry your daughters aparently :D

AHHAHAHAHAHAH...little bastardo.....hahahahaha...i got to think something to overcome this ...i will search the SEVER :scream: ...wahhhhaaaa....hahahah...damn ..u got me this round...hahahaha

the1st_angel ...man.....awesome pic....right click --> saved... :bounce:

kmest ...thanks man... :wavey: :wavey:

flyingP
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
i will search the SEVER :scream:

touché :D

Climax
06-28-2005, 10:38 PM
I feel happy for you Mr. Potato head!
I congratulate you For your New Honorific mention, well deserved :thumbsup:
Have tons of fun, I feel bad I couldn't finish my picture, but I do hope we find each others in a new challenge soon
CHEERS FOR YOU MY FRIEND!
:beer: :beer:

bealobo
06-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey Dimitri! Well done!
congratulations!!!

and you know, next one should be his "facing" the camera LOL

doodoo
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Hello Dimitri !

Congratulations !:thumbsup:
Very very very good work !
...But did you make build a room to store and expose your awards? Is it rather large?:)
See you soon at http://www.vocanson.fr/forums/
Doodoo

DimitrisLiatsos
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Hello doodoo :) ,

i am happy to hear that VOCANSON is back online,...see u there :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.