PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

javaejderi
04-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Wow !!!
Great work !!! You were one of my favorites since the start, indeed!!! And thanks for such an explanatory post...Maya seems a great instrument for texturing and mapping to me...
Keep the good work goin' :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (3 thumbs up!!!:))

BlackNull
04-18-2005, 12:56 AM
hey, nice update on the textures!!! lookin' great! :bounce:

ArtisticVisions
04-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Wow... now there's a woman who could turn Vin Diesel into a new man!
(actually, it's more like crush him to the size of a pop can... :D )

Nothing to critique whatsoever: it's all look excellent, Dimitris. :thumbsup:

monsitj
04-18-2005, 02:48 AM
wow! nice update dimi! it seem learning the new software is not a problem for you! , for me , migrating from one to another is a big problem ! good luck dimi!

Lemog
04-18-2005, 07:05 AM
After one week, I'm come back... and what I see... a lot of work, a lot of incredible work... you work like a fool Dimi... so fast... and with too much quality.

Great job on the amazon... and impressive textures... I don't have real crits... I love your art Dimi... :bowdown:

gpepper
04-18-2005, 07:10 AM
THX Dim ! Nice job ! Where are the mistakes ? I don't see them !

P S:The number of the beast for one post...

angel
04-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Nice shader Dimitris. That skin looks fantastic.

kmest
04-18-2005, 08:20 AM
hey dimitris..i was not around for a while and when i came back,,the first thing i saw was your Body(i mean her body ;) ) and it's about to be a big WOWWWW :eek: ..good anatomy and the textures are realy nice....

keep it up mate...i know you're about to win :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
lol, with good skinning like that.... her 'outfit' looks strange! :)

With your last posts... I noticed something that hadn't struck me earlier. Her skin is too uniform all through out. Well it is no sine to have her such. It is the sort of skin most women go to the beauty saloons for.
What I meant by uniform was more about her tan... She is perfectly tanned all over. no areas stating that she has thinner or thicker skin. IT could be just the lighting. Cause when I look at her I can only say it is realistic.. But of a perfect skin tone. (Does that make any secne?)

I can understand your wifes reaction. She DOES look fairly like a "Throw a book on your husbands head" type for looking at her. Well a compliment doesn't get any better does it?
I guess I am lucky about my wife... hard to get her to throw anything at me.

Black

DimitrisLiatsos
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113831404_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113831404_large.jpg)

...A bit different approach on her texturing....still the same shading network but now (after stiching all model parts back again) i tried to pass the Texture Node only on bump generator and Diffuse_inuse and Specular_inuse node of one of the two phong shaders....The coloring ..and ambience is just color ..no textures there....i have a bit to illiminate the reds(..just a bit) and i think it's ok....(i think...)

Thanks for all the comments guys ...i really appreciate this...

P.S; i also made her less tanned ...i think it's better now (less plastic)....

C&C are welcomed...

Neeno
04-18-2005, 02:40 PM
well dim mate aint she a sight for sore eyes!! great work your work is practically a winner! fantastic ;)

eddieellis
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
lookinh awsome my friend, but didn't expect anything else form you.... keep it up:thumbsup:

Wandddo
04-18-2005, 03:06 PM
:eek: :buttrock: :drool: Wow! Wow! Wow! It's a photo! No, no the girlfriend's picture is not allowed hehe:D Great work in the modeling and textures!!! I want to see more more more hehehe :thumbsup:

Cya

goktugg
04-18-2005, 03:17 PM
great stuff as usual!:thumbsup: ***good texturing

Versiden
04-18-2005, 03:34 PM
not bad, not bad at all.. I think the bump on the cheeks could be less.

sonicstrawbery
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
woot ! nice shading :thumbsup:

ace4016
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Maybe a little less bump on the butt cheeks and it will be perfect:thumbsup: .

JayCally
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Model looks great. ZBrush is just an awesome program. Keep up the good work.

linda
04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
You have done a really great work Dimitris super!
I just think that the skin should be a little bit less shiny and on the butt i think it is little bit to much bump... but this is just my oppinion. Otherwise than that super super great modelling as always.

WimH
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Very nice anatomie but I should remove the little cellulitus texture on her ass. A smooth egal nice ass is more attractive. ... Its just a personal fetisch... asses yeah ...

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224025

ilusiondigital
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Very good texture, but the ass have too noise.

I like your work

My M&S http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229417&page=1&pp=15

JHarford
04-19-2005, 09:30 AM
I think the bump could be a lot less...the shader does not look like skin enough yet. Also
The anatomy of her back is wrong. It looks lumpy from the thumnail and the picture..Some tweaks there to make it accurate would go a long way..
The armour seems to be smoothed badly.. lower part of the the butt looks wrong and flat.
Keep it up

GlassSpider
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Wow, hot bod:scream:! I think you should add some tan lines to her (just kidding mate :) ). Well seriously, i think you have to add subsurface scattering to her if you want to remove the plastic look. I'm not familiar with XSi but if it has that kind of feature, then you should use it.

Wish you the best.

Glass Spider
Master and Servant 3d Entry
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229871

DimitrisLiatsos
04-19-2005, 10:18 AM
@ Everybody ..heey ..thanks for comments and crits friends...

Skin has been tweaked more. but i don't think i could go to SSS in XSI ...'cause i really am still trying to figure this out...BUMP in skin and butt has been toned down as everyone said...and i think u were right it was a bit hard....

@ the crazy Nut firend called stripe ... eeeek! ...thanks man....let me see... bump on ass been toned down....Shader...arghh..i know ..it needs work ..it's difficult to make a descent one ..imagine how more difficult it is in an a new app...but that's no excuse..yes i 'll try yo make it better...:banghead:....let me see ...Back looks lumpy ....i tried to show that she has very strong back...i even used HOGARTH dynamic anatomy refs...maybe i overdid it there........if u could post a paint over ..would be most helpfull :buttrock:. ....and ...arghhh (u wrote too many...lol)....armour will be sculpted and tweaked more in ZB...(haven't gone there yet) ..i also tried with simple extrusions and smooth to show that the armour (texture will help on that) is from copper and at some points brushed.......argghhh she needs too much work yet...:banghead:....thanks man

Jinian
04-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw your render tree post. I'm just wondering why you have a second phong plugged under the base color and the incidence as the weight?

Just a guess here, but i think it is causing more harm than good in your textures, as this is i believe taking away the richness and quality of your color map because of the second phong. I don't understand why you would want an incidence node as the controller of the weight. What are you trying to achieve with it? I usually use a second phong or blinn for specular purposes only, but i throw in a mixer as well, with both using the exact same color map.

flaeticia
04-19-2005, 11:07 AM
We dont change a winning solution isnt it ??? Bravo ! You continue in your artistic thrown : its magnificent ! :thumbsup:
My congratulations ! :applause:

manikantkujur
04-19-2005, 12:23 PM
:scream:
jst gr8 modelling and texturing.........i think u can do better than this in texturing .....

:bounce: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=225407

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=225407

shtl
04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
hi Dimitris :)
wow YOU ARE insane :scream: !
the work you did on the belly is ultra realistic, i love it! It wont even show of in the final comp! haha! who is crazy nut ?! Terrific! :applause:
Good luck on your shading research, and keep it up :thumbsup:

PS:
about armor, i was waiting since it's wip, but glad you'll tweak it more later :D )

Frenchy Pilou
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
...http://milliondollarbabymovie.warnerbros.com/images/mdb_home_r02c1.jpg
Sickly undersized have no chance with you :D
Have good continuation! :cool:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
thnaks friends...

flaeticia, manikantkujur ...thank u friends
shtl .... :beer::beer:

Jinian ....u are right in general...but...my two phong shaders have different colors and specular colors,it;s the best solution so far i came up with..lol ...and the incidence helps to balance between those two...the texture is only on the bump generator now.....i am very young fish in XSI ..if u have a better idea please say it ..i would be most gratefull :beer:

Frenchy Pilou ...hahaha...how are u my crazy Fenchy Pilou ? :beer::wavey:

couba
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
good luck:thumbsup:

Crazydesign
04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Dimitris Liatsos has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5842)

Latest Update: Texturing: Amazon Tex wip

...A bit different approach on her texturing....still the same shading network but now (after stiching all model parts back again) i tried to pass the Texture Node only on bump generator and Diffuse_inuse and Specular_inuse node of one of the two phong shaders....The coloring ..and ambience is just color ..no textures there....i have a bit to illiminate the reds(..just a bit) and i think it's ok....(i think...)

Thanks for all the comments guys ...i really appreciate this...

P.S; i also made her less tanned ...i think it's better now (less plastic)....

C&C are welcomed...

He there man, great lookign model....just that the texture is a little to much bumpy....she looks like an orange...the main area is her ass, too bumpy....lower it....
just a suggestion.

jim,

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-19-2005, 03:24 PM
....she looks like an orange...the main area is her ass, too bumpy....lower it....

...hahahahahh...like an orange ...ahaahhahaah...already did friend..thanks...:scream:

shtl
04-19-2005, 03:30 PM
lol well a peach would be nice (i love peaches, miam!)
and what about an hairy peach???

ok i leave...

Rémy Malin
04-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Hi I like this girl! very nice. Good job

jdsb
04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
wow, lookin awesome,orangy bumpy butt :eek::drool::drool::drool::wip:

UK3D
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Now this is just personal taste but I'd plump up those buttocks and tone down the texture to something more subtle and yes smaller... Great work though, really solid modelling. :thumbsup:

zukezuko
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Niiice modeling mitso
You and fotis work so fast
its incredible!

keep it rolling!

YasushAzush
04-19-2005, 10:18 PM
sorry to be late to say this ...............i just come to say Dimitris Liatsos's thread is not only a challenge thread but a usefull Teaching Thread:thumbsup:

TMNIVISION
04-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Hai dude nice work. I like the back and the skin shader.Just keep working. Lets see wat ya
come up wit at the end.

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 10:56 PM
hi mate. the texture so far looks fine, only a small crit: dont overdrive the bump on her, 2 ways, use a blendshader for cellular bumpmapping excluding major details like wrinkles and folds of skin or enlarge the bumpmap resolution... cuz her perky ass now has a little celulite problem... ;) keep on going my friend! cheers:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fellah
04-20-2005, 12:42 AM
rhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! what is this?? what ever happened to that promise u made!!! I'll never forget, never.. now you've just put yourself in the shit again with tons and tons of work, I guess you like doing 3d.. ;)

on a sidenote,
cool work so far mate, keep going. I'll be looking for you updates in this thread from this moment on.

;)

AIR
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi dimitri,,,I just saw your thread,,and remembered the other day that you guys,,I mean greeks won european champion in footbal,It's been a while,but congrats,,,,
Im a sucker for footbal.Im begining to feel anxios,and inpatient to see your final image,,,or something near that...When are you granting us his wish.??

gra7
04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
amazing again dimitris.. best luck !!

c ya !

ChewyPixels
04-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Oh no...what happened?? :eek: No offence Dimitrios, but her butt looks very pimply. Fix this and she will look very good. :)

drakonus47
04-20-2005, 03:41 AM
Very Astonishing. great skin and contours. A-1

Tremoside
04-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Hey Dimi,

Thanks for the "save target as" image :beer: I will sleep well now. Only comment: maybe the butt is a bit "grainy", just map or shader thing I dunno. So am :drool:

Lemog
04-20-2005, 06:08 AM
I totally agree with Tremo... that's appear very grany, certainly due to the cell size too much important... something smaller will be certainly better... just for catch the light, not to catch the eyes... but it's always some quality work :thumbsup:

splotch
04-20-2005, 07:01 AM
wonderful work
i love this stuff you are making, i would suggest one thing which is might add some attract ... actually in sucha ages the women usualy had to have long hair it was not common to see a girl with short hair cut ....
great work dimi we are learning from u man

good luck

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 10:59 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113991151_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113991151_large.jpg)

...a second thought for her pose in the scene ....what do u think....

comments and crits are welcomed

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 11:27 AM
@ shtl ... peachy bum ..hhehehehe...no hairy yet...didn't have time to bring that home..heheh

@ Remy Malin, jdsb, UK3D...thanks friends...yup i did lower the bump on butt and i think she is not so orange any more ...hahaha...thansk guys...

@ zukezuko, visualact.com, TMNI VISION,gra7,drakonus47 ... :beer::beer:

@ the1st_angel ...thanks man...yup i think i fixed that ..i will aslo tweak her shader more when i will import her model in final scene ...where i will see also how it reacts in the scene lighting ...thanks friend. :)

@ fellah ...aarghhhh:blush: ...u are right man..i didn't keep my promise...just yet:twisted:....but i couldn't resist with this theme...i really wanted to make something in a more cute style...but took the easy way...but i think i will have soem surprise for ya about June :twisted:. Nice to see you man....can't wait to see your concept taking life.

@ A I R ...thanks man...to be honest i am trying to finish this now as soon as possible 'cuase i have too much work at the office ..so i hope u will see something very soon...my target is to finish this before 1 st of May now....and after that i will just refine things a bit every day till uploading day :)

@ chui1675,Tremoside, NUT NUT Lemog ...fixed that just didn't upload it yet..thanks:) guys...

@ splotch ...u are probably right but i want to show the stress on her back and also u don't want to know the truoble i got in to make this hair too...(couple of pages back)....:)

flaeticia
04-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Hello dimitris!
Your stage setting already gives us the water to the mouth !
On the other hand there is something that I doesnt understand :

When I look at the image I see the sort of shield, then behind the leg folded up on a stair : I dont know so that comes from me, but I have the "vague" impression (like an impression ocult by a blur :shrug: (i hope you understand)) that there is a sort of "hole" between the shield and the second part of the leg : you see what I want to say ?
If you dont understand, I indeed want to make you a drawing : its not easy to explain in French with simple terms : then in English lots of complications ! :buttrock:

Xtronik
04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Personally I d prefer the chick laid down on the ground
Supposed to be a slave ....right ?

markovicd
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
i think it is better LAY DOWN! :D ... btw good work here ;)

Lemog
04-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Flaeticia... I think Unkle Dimi will agree with me... we can decern you an award of the Best French Crazy Nut Girl :scream:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 12:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113994813_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113994813_large.jpg)

...layed down u say?....hmmmm....how is this?...better?....

Your help now is most needed...'cuase personally i like them all...lol

Xtronik
04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
http://www.xtronik.com/posts/liatsos.jpg

I would prefer the head more bented in the front. The rignt arm looks very ......Z-away too. Is cause you use fish-eye lens on your viewport? you can see a suggestion above.

Lemog
04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
No more to add... I totally agree with Kris... that's seem more natural like that... more sensitive... more servant :thumbsup: Cheer to you 2 :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
...indeed U NUTS ...Xtronik....u are right ...thanks for the paintover man...yup ...this as Lemog also said , looks more sensitive....so i am off for :wip::wip:

thanks guys....:applause:

Deadlyforce
04-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi !

I agree with Xtronik except that in his correction the character is trying to protect herself from something (the god/master) and maybe this is not what you wanted.
But the pose is definitely more human.

Like on those great Conan covers from the 70's (and 80's, and 90's...etc:D )

Anyway, your work looks great so far !
Good luck ! :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Don't apologize Dimi... when we work too much time on our project... it's not easy to have enough objectivity...

Hmmmm... now, the combat risk to come very hard, if we have to fight against an army of Greeks :scream:

IlCattivo
04-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Personally I think the last one when she lies down is best. Love that back, fantastic muscle modeling. This one will be insane.......

bealobo
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
yep! I agree, last one's best.

you´re doing great... amazing piece and... nice hat :beer:

Xtronik
04-20-2005, 03:14 PM
u hate me now uh ? :rolleyes:

3dRaven
04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Last one...but I'd experiment a bit with the arms.

rattlesnake
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi mate...i think the last skin color test u posted is going to give a great touch for the final image...looks like a Boris Vallejo warrior or Julie Bells one...very good job...of course yours will be better one......about the pose i kinda like the paint over that Xtronik did...ok Dimi nice job so far...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i have only one crit...the specular is too much...did u make the specular map already?...sorry i havent read the other post...i have very ittle time :shrug:...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114032787_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114032787_large.jpg)

...i think i have found an average solution between those posted and those suggested....hmm....and it kinda comes closer to concept i think....

Body has been ZBrushed for corrections...

C&C are welcomed.....

Maxko
04-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Really nice pose.
You wrote: "Body has been ZBrushed for corrections..." Can you describe it? Plizzy :)

Kanga
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Model looking terrific!
Frazzeta would be proud :thumbsup: .

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114035520_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114035520_large.jpg)

...i post this mainly for fellow Cgtalkers who asked what i ment by "ZBrushed"....

..and also to demonstrate the errors i did from my first binding in XSI ....lol
(although it's difficult pose too....but i need work in weighting in XSI...)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Really nice pose.
You wrote: "Body has been ZBrushed for corrections..." Can you describe it? Plizzy :)

...here u are mate...the last post...:)

Kanga ....man ...u said the name that i don't dare to write ..the KING...Frazzeta....i am honoured...not worthy ...but honoured :)

SSSSSNAKE....how are u man?....i am watching...thanks man....i really dig your new avatar! :thumbsup:

Xtronik ....yes i hate u now...lol

@ all u guys ...thanks very much for the feedback..

3Draven ...thanks man :)

3dRaven
04-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Great update Dimi, photo quality work here :)

The top of the straighter leg looks a bit unsmoothed....the zb version looks ok though...

bealobo
04-20-2005, 11:53 PM
dimitri,
there´s no need to say this but you completely master anatomy, it´s awesome, really.
You´re doing such a good work.
Is her face going to show up in a reflexion or so? or have you made the face for testing different camera angles, or future renders for your portfolio...???

off the record: I have seen many people writing in strange languages (to me, of course, no offense) so I decided myself to try: potiri nero
lol

Maxko
04-20-2005, 11:58 PM
...here u are mate...the last post...:)

Yes I understand :) Thank you. I thought

I thought that isn't possible. I thought when you have model with bones you can't export it as model in pose. It's good to know it. Thank you Dimitris.

morgan
04-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Coool. Just perfect. I have to learn ZBRUSH. Just waiting for textured version in this pose.

overcontrast
04-21-2005, 12:36 AM
very Nice work man!!... love that model... really sexy and well defined... i like the first pose..which is more upright... its seems more dinamic to me... its just me tho... the lying pose is good too... orite man keep up ur amazing works and all the best :thumbsup:

Neeno
04-21-2005, 01:23 AM
hey dim this is working well for you.. i suggest, though the pose looks good, that the detail in her face is gone to waste in this pose.. im not sure if you can come up with something else.. im not sasying it doesnt look good this pose quiet the contrary.. her body isnt expressing what the face could if you know what i mean .. i hope you understand me.. and great progress so far dim truly fantastic work from you as alwyays... keep up :arteest:

Xtronik
04-21-2005, 02:17 AM
I think that u got to turn down the head Dimi. The pose is now ratherly good, but with a laid head would be more dramatic.
Supposed to be a slave.....not have that PROUD attitude in posing ! : )
maybe u should try bent a bit her vertebral back also ....

so.......... heads down! :thumbsup:

monsitj
04-21-2005, 04:22 AM
nice pose dimi! some point i notice is her left arm lean to the back ,this will cause the back bone ( I don't know the correct technical name) to push out , now her back look flat on both side ,this will easy fix in zbrush , right?
good luck , can't wait to see her with aries!

Ghost Machine
04-21-2005, 04:41 AM
I agree with X, the head definately needs to be tilted down to emphasize her emotive defeat and Ares' domination.

Versiden
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
heya...

the great thing for me are the muscles on the back.. nice touches...
keep it up!!

Squibbit
04-21-2005, 08:00 AM
this latest pose is my favourite for sure. Just lower that right knee
and the left ankle liku u should and that's it :bounce:

ninox
04-21-2005, 08:57 AM
hi DimitrisLiatsos,

I haven't read your entire thread (I think you will understand me.:shrug: ). I have only looked at the pictures. And one thought came into my mind: awesome. :thumbsup:

So Keep updating your good works.:)

pigwater
04-21-2005, 09:03 AM
stunnung model Dimitris .. last time killer spacecraft .. now female-form

wonderful :thumbsup:

MacAndre
04-21-2005, 09:19 AM
i love this body. :love: the pose is very good. can´t wait to see the final... :applause:

aliasali
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
heeeey! great pose and nice model! cant wait to see the final,this entry should be a must see entry!
keep upthe fast running process,:deal:

Carlocki
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Which are the lights settings to obtain a scene like this?

Dimitris Liatsos has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5842)

Latest Update: Modeling: Amazon pose process...
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114035520_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114035520_large.jpg)

...i post this mainly for fellow Cgtalkers who asked what i ment by "ZBrushed"....

..and also to demonstrate the errors i did from my first binding in XSI ....lol
(although it's difficult pose too....but i need work in weighting in XSI...)

venum
04-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Really, but really, but really and again reallt nice and sexy body!

:applause: the modeling is hot, is awsome. Sh'es got a really a beautifull shape. The anatomic details are great. this step is really a succes.

congratulation!

the posing is wicked.

I can't wait to see the shading. Of course I have to wait you fixe the skinning.

:buttrock:I' m waiting for the step of zbush and the detail you're gonna add.

Poisen
04-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey man, those are Fazzeta buns, i dont care if you think your worthy or not!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

great musculature,pose is awsome, and very hard to do i imagine.

grooshka
04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
man! you make me feel like salvador dali with that sexy image. why him? 'cause he's been fascinated with female backs. :D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-21-2005, 09:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114113606_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114113606_large.jpg)

...did some modeling on her..."room"...new stairs and the shield i am gonna place beside her...and the marble monument above her and the one behind her where one of the chains will end up from her neck...

i will now make all the corrections suggested form Xtronik, monsitj, squibbit and some other fellow cgtalkers....thanks for the comments ..they are priceless...

C&c are always welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-21-2005, 09:26 PM
@ bealobo,Neeno ....thanks friends...her face will turn and show a bit from the side
(i think)...but the challenge for me is to express the defeat from the body mostly....the face will so clearly in other renders after challenge...

@ Maxko ...u are welcome !

@ morgan...thanks man..it's coming soon now!

@ overcontrast ... maybe yes ..that pose is more dynamic...but i want to show her defeat..that she has to obey the Master...so i think i am closer with the present thinking...thanks man!

@ Xtronik ... as ususally..arghh..u are right...i am fixing this..yes :wip:

@ monsitj ...once again u are right ...thanks my friend..indeed it needs work on the back to show back bones pulled out ...thank u ! :thumbsup: (your progress in M&S is killing me...awesome work man)

@ Ghost Machine ... yes..u are right..i am fixing this....:)

@ Versiden ...thanks...u are doing awesome u know...

@ Squibbit ...yes Maaasta! i am fixing this too ...:beer:

@ ninox ....:beer:

@ pigwater ...heeeyyy thank man! really admire your work ! ...( another piggy, except FlyingP...heeheheh) :wavey:

@ mac_andre ...me too..hehehe :D

@ Madlight_1988 ...thanks friend..really motivating...:)

@ Carlocki ...oh ...simply an infinite towards her direction from above and a renders Pass with image based lighting...that's it...

@ venum ...oh man..knowing your work now i am bit stressed with what i am going to do for my lighting solution...thanks man...really huppy u like it so far.:)

@ Poisen ...heeeyy ...really thanks...and ...YEEESS ...posing and seeing my skinning failing made me speak to my self in 3 in the morning like this ..." ##$$%$##@#&* :banghead:...)
...hahahahahah ..very difficult pose ..arghh...thanks man.

@ grooshka ..thanks man..i am happy u like her...

venum
04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
DimitrisLiatsos :)

Take it easy, I'm not there to add some pressure on your shoulders. My position is quiet simple: I'm just watching and comment, or Not.
Go on :buttrock:. Do what you feel, listen to the advises and win (or try).:rolleyes:

I like your work until now ;)

:thumbsup:

gpepper
04-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Nicer ! She's great ! Bravo Dimitris ! :applause:

d-tox
04-21-2005, 10:13 PM
looks great man, this is getting real nice! SHe looks really nice and dynamic. Great job man!:thumbsup:

flyingP
04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
she needs soles on her shoes methinks, nice butt though :D

Dmagic-Alex
04-22-2005, 04:35 AM
great work !

keep goin

overcontrast
04-22-2005, 04:53 AM
very nice going dimi my freind!!.. just to point one one thing.. i know its silly, but ur girl's right foot is going thoruhg the floor but i know ur gonna fix it... cant wait to c it all textured and lit... keep up the good works mate :thumbsup:

angel
04-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey Dimitris, wow, looking great, are her feet are going through the sole of her sandals?
Besides that looks awesome.

Lemog
04-22-2005, 05:20 AM
Very beautiful Dimi... pose mmmmmh... :thumbsup: and the shield... so perfect... same style then the big circle gizmo in the background... total pleasure for us... :bounce: Dimi for president :bounce:

Slav
04-22-2005, 06:29 AM
well i cant really say i dis ... man i love it!

its wicked.

Agamemnwn
04-22-2005, 08:51 AM
She looks amazing Dimitri, I like how you posed her like that. I was thinking about here head if you could move it down a little and extented her arm straight towards Ares with here fingers stragling to reach him to give a moud that she is "not happy" in being in that position and begs to be released.just my opinion.
Great modelling as always. love how you use different programms to get all the benifits and tweak different things in your modells. Hope to meet you in person when i come back to greece. You inspire to do better and work harder. ty :D

Atwooki
04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Superb model and pose :bounce:

I can only reiterate that already said by Kanga (Re: Frazetta)

The set's looking mighty fine too :thumbsup:

Chris

DimitrisLiatsos
04-22-2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114171526_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114171526_large.jpg)

....fixed the head leaning front and down...fixed legs (they were a bit of the ground..), fixed back and feet position...fixed soles for sandals....and chain that holds the Amazon Lady...

I have now to fix ther back bones and sculpt her here and there.....

C&C are always welcomed....

Neeno
04-22-2005, 01:27 PM
oh yeah dim this is it man... looking great.. i think this is the pose you were after.. the one before was close but i think this is it... great work as always!

venum
04-22-2005, 01:49 PM
:thumbsup: Good job!

Tremoside
04-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Alice...ohhups...Amazon in chains? Perfect work just as always. I think she is too twisted, but that's just my taste. So i'm :drool: and :love: with her. Bests,

Tremo

Squibbit
04-22-2005, 04:45 PM
lift the head back up dude, in my eyes she's not yelding
or begging a thing, just staring back in defiance.

(she could have a similar attitude in this pose too i
think if you opened her mouth and showed gritting teeth,yes?)

And overall this is just great work,of the ones i've seen this is
easily your best one yet , it just says "cool" , all of it

:bounce:

Poju
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Great work Dimi!!

After stearing that ass long enough i could get my eyes from it and notice that weird looking elbow or is it just lights that ake it look boxy?

Anyway i really like that ass

Frenchy Pilou
04-22-2005, 09:45 PM
... a sado-maso variation of this http://www2.oakland.edu/users/ngote/images-full/ingres-odalisque-louvre.jpg

DimitrisLiatsos
04-22-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114202723_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114202723_large.jpg)

....i think i am finished with her pose...

1...fixed back bones pulling out as she is trying to pull her body up..(thanks monsitj)
2...fixed box looking arm
(gracias Poju :)
3..fixed elbow..
4...gave more definition in general..to show stress on her body.
5...made bracelet in upper arm smaller to show her strong upper arm structure.

I tried in general to express her strength and DEFIANCE (yes my friend Squibbit ..i wanted that and i didn't know the word ...i need this to be shown)...i hope my purpose of showing her decision to - NOT to submit - is there....i hope ...

I think ,if u don't have strong things to crit about her, i will move on to final texturing of her ..and the all scene...

Some props will be added on the way and some definitions in various stuff ..but just to add final touch....
Really thanks for all crits so far...
so ..

Comments and crits are always welcomed.

P.S ; ..i really loved making this model very much... :)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-22-2005, 09:47 PM
@ Frency Pilou ......ahhahahahaha...man u are fast ...hahahahaha..how are u my friend? :bounce:

WimH
04-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Damn that looks really good so far. But if you wonna make some tension on the head it will make the scene more dramatical. Just let her looks to the ground. Test it maybe it wil look more despered. Good luck.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224025

Xtronik
04-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I think the elbow is a bit shorter comparing with the body anatomy......isn;t it?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-23-2005, 09:43 AM
@ crapple ... thanks friend..i don't want her to look tottaly down on the floor ...i like her to show a bit that she doesn't accept this sitution she is in... :)

@ Xtronik ...elbow?...oops...really?...i think it looks shorter 'cuase of the camera angle and because her arms are a bit open:shrug: ...but i must check it again today with clear head i think...thanks man! :wip:

:bounce:

Lemog
04-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Only two remarks for your MIP (Masterpiece In Progress)...

The upper part of the anatomy appear a bit too nervous that the lower... ass and leggs very sweet, arms and shoulder very hard... certainly with final textures and final lighting that will less visible...
Second point... chains, they seem not métallic, not heavy... watch them, pure arc, as a wire, but not as chains... chains must follow more the body shape to fall on the floor...

Only two little remarks... you're giant Dimi :thumbsup:

ace4016
04-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't know what it is, but there's some thing about the neck that looks too stiff. I tried to do poses myself, but I can't point it out exactly. Maybe if her head went down a bit more, but she looked more in the direction of Ares instead of the ground, jsut slightly more towards Ares. I can see wha Lmeog is saying: it looks like she is trying to lift herself with only her upper body (thats probably why she's still on the ground:D ....bad joke). Do the chains have to be there? It might just be me, but I don't think they add to the scene, and adding it would go against the K.I.S.S. rule. Just my suggestions/opinion. This piece looks great Dimi, awaiting your textures.

sonicstrawbery
04-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Fantastic work Dimitris, i love the pose...Great work man :thumbsup:

I agree with the previous crits about the upper part musculature and the chains...the chain looks floating in the air now, try to make it falling more natural...

Xtronik
04-23-2005, 07:59 PM
I agree about the chains

about the upper body posing subject
Take a look at this :
http://www.xtronik.com/posts/liatsos2.jpg

DimitrisLiatsos
04-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Arrghhh.....yup ...thanks guys ...Crazy Frenchy A.K.A Lemog:thumbsup: and XXX-tronik:scream: .....are right..for the shoulder part up and also for chains ...must look heavier...will do...as for upper body stucture don't worry it will be soften a bit when texturing and lighting is in place correctly as Lemog said.

Also i am trying hard here to follow the influence i have from Boris & Julia..(Frazeta...too..yes ..u got me there..)...upper muscle stuff and tension in movement...argghhh...me likes this challenge....too much work everywhere ..ehhehe

thanks guys :thumbsup:

markovicd
04-23-2005, 09:09 PM
man she has one great ass...! :) pull the arm a little bit like xtronik said ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-24-2005, 11:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114337890_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114337890_large.jpg)

...ehmm...i think this is better..no?

C&C are welcomed....

Xtronik
04-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh ......yes

Micro26
04-24-2005, 11:59 AM
beautiful work dimi, i think the chains are nice:buttrock:
go go:bounce:

Tranchefeux
04-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi,
Whaoo. Your female model is terrible and with beautiful sexy form, which technique you make wonders, go, go for the continuation.

mecman
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Amazing my friend!! The details are very well done!! The pose is...wow, perfect!! Very " Frazettic" hahaha:D
Keep it up mate! You entry is fantastic!!:bounce:

Deadlyforce
04-24-2005, 11:42 PM
The pose is very good, however I find a little detail to be disturbing. I may be wrong but I think that the edge line joining the breasts to the pelvis is a little too straight.

This is really for the pleasure of doing some crit...:twisted: because this is really great now.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Btw, what is that strange pinch on her butt ? some render error involving triangles ?

Keep it up ! :buttrock:

bealobo
04-24-2005, 11:58 PM
hey dimitri!
I´ve had enough of this lady´s rear... show me Aris!!!
:twisted:

Lemog
04-25-2005, 05:57 AM
That's really better Dimi... no crit... :bounce:

Scrat-D
04-25-2005, 08:02 AM
:buttrock: Dimi you rock buddy! Keep up can't wait to see mooooooooooooooooooore and moooooooore!:buttrock:

3dRaven
04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
D your updates keep getting better and better.:thumbsup: Could you show a shot of her with textures on??

eddieellis
04-25-2005, 02:18 PM
what can i say apart from looking great my friend.... looking forward to seeing it all textured :thumbsup:

venum
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
:)DimitrisLiatsos.

You corrected the deformat after the skinning, that's a great work.

I wait to see a new update with eager.

:thumbsup::applause::buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114437587_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114437587_large.jpg)

..here is the start on texturing so far of Amazon's place (and Amazon herself too...)...Also u can see my KEY lighting (only 1)....I tried to see it how it looks with Final Gather...AND I TOTTALY HATED IT...lol.....i need more dramatic scene and i think lights will be the key for it to happen....in fact i count more on lighting than in textures for the mood in this image for the final..heheh

C&C are welcomed.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
..argghhh too many days that i didn't post an answer and now..eek ...u are too many ...what can i say ..thank u all for the comments and crits ...:bowdown: :beer: :bowdown: . U are giving me courage with all this help...thanks...i just hope i won't dissapoint u 'cuase this my first real attempt to finish something worthy in XSI.....:banghead: :banghead:

Thanks guys.

morgan
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Just amazing... wow

Squibbit
04-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Just amazing... wow

once again, ditto !

Lemog
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
...what can i say ..
Just say nothing... your latest picture speak for you... :thumbsup:

Micro26
04-25-2005, 04:34 PM
i think its amazing man:thumbsup:
u re right with the correct balance of texturing and lighting ,we re gonna see a great picture:bounce: keep this up dimi

MDN67
04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
the amazon is a great piece of 3d, exceptionly realistic, a very good work, You forced your wife has to remain in this position so that it as well is successful? :)

gpepper
04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
great work Dim ! She is Nice !
Just one crit, the shader looks a bit mate, maybe more specular should be nicer... :thumbsup:

Squibbit
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Just one crit, the shader looks a bit mate, maybe more specular should be nicer..

yea I wouldn't mind seeing such a version

Climax
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
• As you would say: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! That's a great butt :bounce: I like the render anyway, but I know you know what you are doing :thumbsup:

venum
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
:)dimitri.

look nice with one light :scream:.

Of course to give a dramatic, ambiance you're gonna need a bit more lights.:)
It's really, but really promissing. Can you do the same kind of render with the master and the set and the background, that's gonna help to see how to light the scene and to give the dramatic feeling of the scene.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: good job, mate.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-25-2005, 09:57 PM
@ morgan ... :bounce:

@ Squibbit , gpepper ...:bounce: and yup i will try some more specularity there...:)

@ Lemog... merci monami :bounce:

@ Mr Micro26 ...heeey ..thanks friend...yup i think with some more lights carefully placed i will have a better result ...:)

@ MDN67 ....my wife?...hahahahah....my wife doesn't speak to me since she saw me making this butt...hahahaha....:scream:

@ Climax ...i hope my friend...i am walking in very new ground here (XSI...got to learn it...arghhh) ...:)

@ venum .... hahah...yup u are right of course...i am planning to place some lights (spots) to hit the monument behind her and one for the monument in front of her but the lights are going to be placed in order not to lit all of the monuments ..just a part of them with soft penubra(is this the correct word?).....also a a backlight to brging up the edges of the scene and a soft light (probably soft white blue) to lit her belly .....ehmmmm...that's what at least i am gonna try ..arghhh..lol....:banghead::wip::wip:

WesleyTack
04-26-2005, 12:12 AM
very nice!
the only thing that doesn't work imHo is the chain running along the back, it should go straight down (small curved) not leaning on her hip. No way in hell would that chain be there or even stay there. Thats my only crit :)

Maxko
04-26-2005, 12:41 AM
INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, GREAT.. :applause: WOW .. wow.. wow.. I must breathing... :)

navylete
04-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Hello, is there any program you are not using in your creation of this piece ? :) You are really skilled. Your work forced me to think about requirement of my learning with another softwares than I´m using

Black Rose
04-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Amaziiiing :bounce: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114523299_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114523299_large.jpg)

...worked a bit more on texturing and light setup of Amazon's room....
I have also textured the colums of ARES room and i have his room basic light setup ready too...i will post this soon as possible...

Did raise a bit her specularity as gpepper and Squiibit said....also increased a bit the intensity of the key light in her room...

....still much to do ...but i am posting the final image the weekend after this one...(it's 7 days more only for me on this...too much work in office after next week..arghhh).

C&C are welcomed....

JamesMK
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
....my wife?...hahahahah....my wife doesn't speak to me since she saw me making this butt...hahahaha....:scream:
Just face it - you knew it had to go that way sooner or later. :D

Just popping in to say you are doing an INCREDIBLE work on this, Dimitris :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
@ simon.wt ...thanks..i am trying to show her in movement and i think in a case like this a chain can take many forms...but then again i really am out of time anyhow..i have to finish this in 5 days (from next Monday..) ...i will though work on it more after the challenge ...:)

@ Maxko ... arghh..:blush: :blush: ..thanks man.

@ navylete ...hahahha..why ...except the hair where i used Maya Unlimited Hair which i converted in polys (yes!!)....alll the rest is Zbrush and XSI :bounce: ..and mostly for learning better those two apps (..arggh if it was in Maya which i know better i would have finished about a week ago...arghhhh...but ....we have to learn....).

@ Black Rose ....thanks friend :bounce: .

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
WABBBiiiiiitt.... ....:eek: :eek: ....where are u man..i missed ya guys!!!:bounce: :bounce: .

Are u working in your short film? :deal:

JamesMK
04-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Are u working in your short film? :deal:
Hm, unfortunately not. Just having sort of a creative block at the moment :shrug:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Hm, unfortunately not. Just having sort of a creative block at the moment :shrug:

...haha ..i have a block too ..it's called "..the new LEVELS DVD in DOOM III " ....:scream:

...now..unblock your creative part of brain...'cuase it's not the same without ya in here :)

alexfalchi
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
very well done friend...nice work dude...the girl look fantastic!! nice job:thumbsup:

venum
04-26-2005, 05:55 PM
:)

hey dimitris! I like this step :thumbsup:.
the idea is here. Great jobs:applause::applause:.
You've got a blue bounce onto the body. maybe a greenish, greyish bounce will make more sense.
The textures of the stairs are really nice. Is it bump, or displace, i'm too far :).
Th columns the texture is nice, but maybe you push a bit too much the intensity. There is a pixy effect.
:twisted: It's become better and better.
:DNice work Dimitris

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
@ alexfalchi ... thanks man :bounce:

@ venum ....Hi man..thanks! ....Bluish bounce on her stomack...to ehmm Green...I like it this ..thanks ...i think it will better :thumbsup: ...Detail on stairs is bump ..no displacement :) ....Pixy effect on colums...hmm..i am not sure if it's the low res render or my fault in the shader...will check this later tonight :wip: ....i need to close the cone of the key light a bit...'cuase i want to use a separate light source for Shield..i think it make more interesting the scene... :wip: :wip: ...

thanks friends

Wandddo
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
:bounce: ...more and more better...:bounce: amazing work!!:thumbsup:
cya

flyingP
04-26-2005, 06:21 PM

how many years is that going to last this time :rolleyes:

nice buns Dimitris.....nice to see you seem to have fixed her elbow up too ;)

JamesMK
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
how many years is that going to last this time :rolleyes:
Judging by past experiences, about five to six years.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-26-2005, 07:58 PM
:bounce: ...oh goody they are back and they are arguing again.... :p :scream: :scream: :bounce: ...nice..i feel better now...everything is back to normal :D

rattlesnake
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Man i finally able to post reply now...i been watching your amazing job ...let me tell u thats is going oustanding ...i hope u get enogh time to finish this master piece...outside job is givin head eaches to many of us this time...but i think ull be able to end with a a amazing job as we all expect from an artist like u...cya soon man ...and ill be waiting for that final image..

pigwater
04-26-2005, 08:34 PM
definitely some nice buns there .. colorised is even better ... those details on the steps area really making this a lush scene

nothin but :thumbsup:

gpepper
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Raaaahhhh ! lovely !

(Private joke: this is the title of a comic book in France)
:hmm: :rolleyes:

maxim capra
04-26-2005, 09:23 PM
it must have been said before, don't know. she's got a reeeaally hot ass :)

venum
04-26-2005, 09:45 PM
:scream: You're gonna to do well dimitris!:twisted:
your work is good :D

overcontrast
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
hey dimi, everything is looking great man... very sexy lady lying there.. got a bit Luis Royo feeling to it... very neat.. keep goin, i'm on ur tail to c where it ends :thumbsup:

taavi
04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
it must have been said before, don't know. she's got a reeeaally hot ass :)

I have agree 100% ;)

goktugg
04-26-2005, 11:52 PM
excellent details!...:thumbsup: nice lighting test...your figur is looking good*...hot pose*...hot modelling!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 01:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563094_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563094_large.jpg)

..her room's light mood...5 Lights...

3 Area lights , 1 Point , 1 infinite ...

I think i am close ....

Really thanks for all comments about her and the wip on this...

C&C alays welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 01:56 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563381_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563381_large.jpg)

...Composition test ..to see the light setup up to now also....

It's difficult to balance all these lights (total = 12 lights)..arghhh....But still under control.....

C&C always welcomed.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 01:59 AM
:bounce:...friends i don't know what to say ....again :scream::bounce:....i am gonna answer back to you all separately when i can clearly see the keyboard..it's 4 in the morning here ..and i am really ...ZDUPPP! ...he passed out.......

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:scream:

Matt_Forcum
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Looking really good, I just have one small crit.

The man is looking rather static. There just isnt a heck of alot emotion in his pose. Perhaps a bit more contripasto (sp?) That way the viewer can get a better Idea of what he is thinking?

I dunno.

monsitj
04-27-2005, 03:19 AM
yes! dimi! your entry is one of the best! no crits:bounce:

arLutiK
04-27-2005, 03:38 AM
Wow looks amazing, great work you're doing. :)

Climax
04-27-2005, 03:42 AM
• That's a lot of lights, but it looks cool, when textures are finish it will be a great image, I like the compo very much!

neo_sk8rider
04-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Hi Dimitris.. Fantastic Work Man.. I really liked the woman, the lightining... Keep it UP Fella :buttrock: !!! Congratulations :thumbsup: !

Cya,

Neo.

gjpetch
04-27-2005, 05:44 AM
What strikes me is that it looks like many of your lights aren't casting shadows, or are casting shadows that aren't set to 100% opaque; which isn't the most realistic approach.
And I'd like to see some of that blue backlighting on the dude affecting the girl too.
Cool work though.
12 lights isn't really that much, don't be afraid to add more.

Lemog
04-27-2005, 05:44 AM
The compo is :thumbsup: only one thing disturb me... and I know that's not very easy to find the good solution... the master, behond her in the background, appear a bit small... maybe if you some test with some different focal lenght... well... It's a personal point of view... maybe too you can cheat a little to increase the master size ? I hope you understand what I feel.

I see the master a bit more at right... but if he's more near of us... you must certainly cut a part at right of his weapon and I find him a little too much front of us, a bit turned, with a lite movement of head, watching with the corner of the eyes, to show his superiority.

Minor details for me... but you built your image on a real feeling, and minor details can be the difference.

An another disturb my eyes in you compo... the architectural square part at left... that perturb the perspective, that catch ou eyes for nothing, and the higher part of it cut the columns in a way not very aesthetic. You can replace it certainly by something better, as an object, an object credible, cause this architectural part, we don't what is it exactly, and I think it's better for the spectator to focus on the subject than the uninteresting things.
There's no prob with the similar piece at right, cause its top was horizontal as the steps, and the contrast between it and background less important.

Last remark now... more visible in the real composition... always problem of scale... the steps do not appear broad enough, less of 20 cm ? no... it's a bit less, especially in such building.

Euh... last last one... the tile on the floor, don't stop near the staircase... generally, in this kind of temple or edifice... there's, either other paving stones, of different form and pattern, around, or that paving stops on the level of the steps. These staricases are seldom built above the tiling, but in continuity.

Oups... It's a little bit long for a guy like me who have so much to write in english.... I hope you're ok with these remarks my friend and that can help you...

Then... take some rest (I don't sleep to much too I that can reassure you :scream: ), I'm waiting the continuation... :wavey:

taavi
04-27-2005, 06:00 AM
I found only one emotikon to describe, how i feel about Your work : :eek:

U are doing reallly well :thumbsup:

angel
04-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey, finally get to see a quick comp! It's looking great. My only comment is that the ceiling is too bright an so it looks like the column is floating. Great work:arteest:

AIR
04-27-2005, 07:42 AM
:bowdown: ,,,My excelency,,,if we may,,we're left breathless,,,AIR AIR,we need's air... :) :)

MASTERPIECE format...DIMITRI rule'z

Beside few thing lemog mantioned,,,SHush,,dont say this to nobody,,the man is a
workoholic,,the things he puls out of his sleaves, :) :) :) :thumbsup:

kmest
04-27-2005, 07:54 AM
http://filter2005.com/nph-stage2-3.pl/000000A/http/www.cgtalk.com/images/smilies/eek.gifhttp://filter2005.com/nph-stage2-3.pl/000000A/http/www.cgtalk.com/images/smilies/eek.gifwowwwwwww..........the cheak body is realy awesome.....i like the final composite alot.
it reminds me of BORIS and mostly Frank frazetta paintings...

and i think you better lighten your scene a little bit more.....let us see more of it.....

and i can see you are as quick and active in this challeng as i am lazy in ithttp://filter2005.com/nph-stage2-3.pl/000000A/http/www.cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

Scrat-D
04-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Aweeeeeeeeesome!!! And twelve lights? Man your out of your mind! Keep up! Greece is with you!:thumbsup:

Deadlyforce
04-27-2005, 08:53 AM
I think you should increase the contrast of the whole composition. For an example, the light falling on the master is not matching the bright light above him.

This is good that the environment does not overwhelm the characters but with that light setup it looks a little flat...

I'm not sure but all those small problems could be solved with more contrast...or lighting at different angles.

Good luck !:bounce:

flyingP
04-27-2005, 09:02 AM
I still feel 'he' is posed a bit to rigidly/symmetrical......but then what the hell her butt is getting the most attention anyway :D

Xtronik
04-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Excellent POST Dim!

a few suggestions:

The pose of Aris is very static. You could try make it more dramatic too . I would suggest to open his legs a bit wider ...its gonna be more dynamic pose.

==========================================================
Also you could change the way of his view.... not straight as it is now....neither to look at her. He s the master ....so give it a try to make him look a bit up ... somewhere beyond her.
(with such an ass, got to be God not to look at it !!!)

=====================================================
the texture of the ground are too patterned for me .... I would prefer an dirty-oiled stoned texture....

====================================================
also the stairs no need to have that pattern and design .... u could make some dirty stoned stairs ....also try to make them also broken or cracked

About the contrast ....I agree........got to increase the light behind.

About the decorative disc. I like the way that light comes from behind .....but try also the option put it behind the light that falls from the top.... I would like to see how will lookwith that hard light

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563381_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114563381_large.jpg)

...Composition test ..to see the light setup up to now also....

It's difficult to balance all these lights (total = 12 lights)..arghhh....But still under control.....

C&C always welcomed.

shtl
04-27-2005, 11:06 AM
haha terrific masterpiece goin'on! :applause:

hello Dimitris
Well seem that every thing has been said...
i'll join the others about the fact there is something disturbing in the pose of Ares... Now he don't feel so much strong.... Yes maybe something like pull up a little his face/chin? and twist his eyes/look...? Felt exactly like Lemog said: he feel a little to far or to small.

Something about the comp: the geometry is a bit complicated, i meen one of the first thing you might try is too change the coordinates of the big beautifull round symbol behind Ares....Well it's hard since it is now is the center of the image... aaaah finally i don't know...Or is it the left column that make that strange feeling?

Don't know if it's usefull, but maybe there is something to tweak in the comp to get a more powerfull readable image?

Anyway good continuation, even if she hasn't haired-butt she is so beautyfull, morpholgy and muscle of her back :love: her pose:love:

:applause: :thumbsup:

grooshka
04-27-2005, 11:18 AM
you did twist amazon character a lil more, didn't you? I think you overdid with that. it's a pity that so pretty back isn't visible now. but that's no crit, only my wishes :) .
I agree the master could be less static. everything else is just a masterpiece.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
@ maxim_capra, venum, overcontarst, taavi, goktug .... http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif thanks u guys

@ monsitj, arlutik, Climax, kmest, neo_sk8rider, IpiotisDinos, ....http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/bouncy.gif...http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

@ gipetch, Lemog, Xtronik, Ephesus, SNows, FlyingP, AIR, Deadly Force, shtl, grooshka....
Thanks guys for all the comments....Well it's my fault not explaining that this compo is just to see how final scene will look...they are two different files just composited fast in Photoshop...Camera angles are different , lights of Aris setup do not affect here the Amazon room(and vice versa) , that is why u can't see the bluish effect (and more..) on her body.
gipetch ...u are right ..some lights do not cast shadow...but i think u get the "error" feeling cause of what i just explained , also this is the reason that Lemog is seeing this scale issue on the left , and yes my friend maybe indeed stairs should be a bit bigger.. ...i will put all the elements in one scene after adjusting some thiongs u all mentioned to see how this goes...ARES pose will be less static ..i am working on that soon as possible.
Stairs texture my little nut Greek friend Xtronik.....? whyyyy? http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/cry.gif...i like this texture so much...i 'll experiment on this too...yes grooshka ...don't worry u will see more of her back i think in final...Xtronik ...it's a good idea to put the light source above ARES behind the symbol..and yes the scene needs a back light to help contrast more...

Thanks guys for the time to write all this most helpfull...but as compo thought is this something u like as an idea? ...

...argghhh i am off to make adjustments to all these...hehehe...again thanks http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/wavey.gif

alex.h.
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
wow, great work dimitris, maby a tiny bit more light on master. see you later and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
the compo works great.

MDN67
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Your image is always so successful. Test of light are satisfactory, a small criticism to advance the thing . The master is very indeed, and the servant is extraordinary , can be too much, she takes so importance in the composition that she attracts more the eye than the master which should be more powerful. To my opinion, if you made her less big, the master would get over it in the image

Lemog
04-27-2005, 01:21 PM
All these efforts to write in english for nothing... I hate you dimitris... :scream: hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:cry:

Just one way to repar our friendship :beer:

Squibbit
04-27-2005, 01:29 PM
you're scary Xtronic , so different opinions we have ,heh :

also the stairs no need to have that pattern and design .... u could make some dirty stoned stairs ....also try to make them also broken or cracked

No WAY! the patterns are excellent and fit the pic well, I LOVE the detail. Dirty
cracked stone stuff is so everywhere we can definitily have some change here.

same goes for the ground.

The pose of Aris is very static. You could try make it more dramatic too . I would suggest to open his legs a bit wider ...its gonna be more dynamic pose.

you could try this but it might not work, gods don't need to pose.

I think it would be silly if Ares lookd away into distance, now he looks imposing.
His head might not be turned directly on the amazon but his eyes could be, as
such, it would rock.

yea the deco in the bg ring seems a bit too flat

but in general...just awesome pic

venum
04-27-2005, 02:47 PM

dimitris, the jobs is really promissing, I think you have enough comment quiet clever to carry on your lighting. by the way 12 lights is nothing. I let you working. I wait to see more.

great Job Dimitris

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mojo77
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
HI,

Some awesome work there.
Just a small comment the hair of the servant looks somewhat too modern can you do something about it.

Dizzy Boy
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Hi,

First time I see your thread! Very cool work but ... very Boris like...

Nothing wrong with it anyway !!!

Dizzy Boy

sergioKomic
04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Good job jim,:arteest: :bowdown:

the inside of her knee (after 10 minutes of looking at her @$$) looks weird ...:wise:
thats it for now!
Keep up!

Agamemnwn
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
omg!!! It looks amazing. Great job dimitri. I agree with Squibbit about ares pose ans the background. A gods place should look top notch. it should represent his authority and his background (what kind of god is he) like dimitris did beautifully with the background. so i dont thing broken things would be good in the composition. As for the material of the gound and the pillons i would say that greek marble could be quite good :D

As for Ares pose. He looks very cool like that i think. dominant, master in his own domain and without conserning about the slave trying to lift herself for the chains he imposed on her. very cool, exelent work, just amazing!! :thumbsup::bounce::bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 09:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114633723_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114633723_large.jpg)

....ehmmm...Shield texturing and the network of the main part of it....Render tree rocks...arghh...

C&C always welcomed.

Squibbit
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I like the graphic on the left, i mean right, that formula thingy,
reminds me of monkeys shaving eachother with sharpened keels
of metal Titanic miniatures :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
04-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Great update Dimitri, The shield looks amazing. even that is not lit as much, as its not the main caracter, it brings out the layers of the shield and the different materials on it. :bounce::bounce: GREAT GREAT GREAT!! :D

venum
04-27-2005, 09:45 PM
:) hey dimitris!
What kind of material have you got on the shield. wood, metal, leather? I can't read it very well.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 09:46 PM
...I ''ll go with Squibbit for stairs and ground....i really need to see some decoration instead of cracked stairs and floors..:) ..i hope Xtronik u won't hate me :scream:.
ARES pose...i don't know ...the most important thing was said said i think from Lemog (that he must be bigger in size), i think...Pose maybe looks..err ..static...but ...i think GODS are GODS...don't need to show so much power ...but then again maybe the eyes or the head could turn towards Amazon in a kinda dominant way....i will try to experiment on this more.

venum ...lights are that much u are right but everytime i change something i have to wait a bit to see the difference (especially in big lights)....hahahah...but gipetch said something earlier about the shadows part ...and now i see that i have to readjust the UMBRA's in all lights...(thanks man)

Lemog ...don't worry my friend evrything u wrote was not wasted ...i have already fixed most of the things u mentioned....

Xtronik ...:wavey:...i am experimenting man....arghhh...

Piggy (FlyingP) ...gotcha, thanks man...we have to play some time again..anytime now i hope ....

mojo77 ...maybe ..but ..i like hair with sort hair...and i don't the opportunity to go and change the hair anytime i like ...and in hope i don't have a hair plugin...not to mention that idon't want to hide her back. :)

Sergio ....oh sphlit ...i know..i 'll see what i can do about it....:banghead:

@ all ...thanks guys ..

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 09:50 PM
:) hey dimitris!
What kind of material have you got on the shield. wood, metal, leather? I can't read it very well.
....hahhah..i tried for a not shiny metal they used in ancient Greece ..but i don't know the name in English ...argghh...i 'll try to find it and tell u the English term...errr....why?..it looks wierd...(i didn't want it to be shiny....)...:banghead::)

@ Squibbit... :thumbsup:...i like your imagination man....:beer:.

@ Agamemnwn ...thanks man:beer::wavey:

venum
04-27-2005, 10:10 PM
:)

Dimitris, for your your shield look like a kind of varnished wood:shrug:
The texture look actually good.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-27-2005, 11:10 PM
argghhhh...u are probably right...my wife just passed behind me and said ...nice furniture...:scream::scream::scream:
......and i went :bounce:..and ...:rolleyes:...so...:banghead: and :wip::wip:

....thanks man.

Squibbit
04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
..my wife just passed behind me and said ...nice furniture...:scream::scream::scream:

haha

well , shouldn't be a big job for u to fix dat :thumbsup:

bealobo
04-27-2005, 11:38 PM
hi dimitri, that is looking great but it lacks a bit of the metal shininess. anyway I think you should look up in the dictionary for the word of the metal so we can compare better.

venum
04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
:)dimitris you're doing well:scream:Great job
:twisted::twisted::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jinian
04-28-2005, 03:14 AM
I was just looking at your shield's render tree. I'm impressed that you are doing complex setups already, even though you are still an Xsi newbie. I have a few questions:

1) what's the shieldgridin.tga for, what type of color information are you using and what does diffuse and specular inuse do? I can see it converted it to a boolean, does it work the way you wanted it to because i've had trouble getting image files getting to read its color information when processed through a boolean node, or any node rather that isn't red.

2) I've never been able to figure out how that extra layers node work. Did it work for you, and how? What type of color information do you have on the scratches_2_4.jpg?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114712038_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114712038_large.jpg)

..Amazon Room textured and 90% light setup.

I think i 'll move to Aris (and his Room) Texturing and lights 'cuase my time is running veeeryy out (8 more days for me on this)

I hope u like it.

C&C are welcomed

mecman
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
:cry: :cry: It´s amazing!! i love the details!!

keep it up mate, these textures are amazing!!

venum
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Great, great, great dimitri :thumbsup::twisted:
It's gonna be awsome. I like the blood on the ground. You're evil.
It's a nice composition of lights on her room.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Poju
04-29-2005, 09:57 AM
:love: Lights are perfect. With those lights it's impossible not to notice that perfect butt:love:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-29-2005, 12:10 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114773014_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1114773014_large.jpg)

....Ares texturing started... i am doing some experiments also on his cloth (will post soon)...

...arghh i forgot to texture correctly the eyes...lol...sorry about that...

C&C always welcomed....

P.S :...post especialy for bealobo...:)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-29-2005, 12:27 PM
@ Squibbit ...i think i fixed my friend...also i have so much time on this ...big project starts next Friday ...so i really have until next sunday on this..arggh..one week less..:bounce:

@ bealobo ...l tried B ...but i can't just yet..in any case i changed it a bit..so i hope it's better....hey last post is for u ..i think it's more interesting to see Ares for a change :).

@ venum , mecman ...:beer:

@ Jinian ...hi man, thanks... Complex setups...not really and of course my knowledge of MAYA's hypershade (something like Render TREE) helps a lot to think what goes where....shieldgridin.tga...is a map from two images composited into one for use in Bump and Specular....i don't have a big knowledge in XSI how some things work...it's a Try and Error situation really ...i try stuff and see what changes and how..the main problem is that i only have the online help guide and the Fundamentals book on this...heheheh..so u can imagine how slow this goes...:buttrock:

@ Poju ....this butt has made a lot damage i am afraid ...hahhahahahah...especialy to my head ...(my wife continues to hit me with her book anytime she enters the room....)...lol

venum
04-29-2005, 12:49 PM
:thumbsup:dimitri Nice step. the cloth look like interesting. the jewels look interesting as well.
I hope to see more soon:twisted:, especially the skin.:applause::buttrock: Great job.

Neeno
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
looking awesome man.... !! i have nothing more to say!

shtl
04-29-2005, 02:21 PM
haha Dimitris it's awesome !:scream:
cool to see him in close up, so we can enjoy your work on his anatomy :thumbsup:
He is hardcore! Great model!:buttrock:
not a maya neither XSI user so can't be very usefull, so i'll make a cheerleader dance to encourage you :D
keep it up keep it up :bounce:

Maxter
04-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Nice progress Dimitris... Beautiful colors (Amazon looks delicious:love: )
Excellent composition:thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
04-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Eh, model large Dimitris, I like, for texture I it if you with is
finished, but attention with the plastic dimensions figure of the 3d, all
the best for the continuation. :thumbsup:

bealobo
04-29-2005, 08:05 PM
bealobo [/b]...l tried B ...but i can't just yet..in any case i changed it a bit..so i hope it's better....hey last post is for u ..i think it's more interesting to see Ares for a change :).

hahhah :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I didn´t noticed the thing of the metal shield because I couldn´t look anywhere else but her ... clothes! LOL but now that you mention it... yes, it looks better. :thumbsup:

I´m so happy to see Ares again! this is more interesting for sure! thank you for the post! :scream:

jdsb
04-29-2005, 08:14 PM
male character looks nice,i dont like the costume and the belt around the waist ,just my opinion though

Climax
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
• Looking very good so far Dimitris, Waiting 4 More!

Maxko
04-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Very nice model man :) :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115101165_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115101165_large.jpg)

...so far Lighting and composition...

I am thinking if i should skip that weapon he was holding and instead he is holding chains....

C&C are welcomed..

Squibbit
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
ouch, i did so like that bow and if he's not holding it
it doesn't really fit in the pic elsewhere and that
would be really sad cause that was such a cool
weapon.

Nevertheless, him holding the chains is a great idea,
it would really add a feel of power to the pic. I would
make the chains in his hands a bit thicker and bigger
than the one holding the amazon, at least four loops
hanging like bicycle chain with the free ends dangling
on either side.

still, it would be great if you could put the bow somewhere
in the pic, but only if it wouldn't be in the way.

also, i'd try expanding the pic so the cloth and the
background deco ring wouldn't be cut off. It would be
great to see a bit more of that billowing white curtain.

the two grey short pillars look odd to me; the one on the
lower right and the one on the left. They're not done yet?

the one on the lower right could also be a bit taller than the
top of the stairs in the pic.

MichaelMlynek
05-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Wow, i love the lighting, compositio and of course the model:thumbsup: , just looking great!

Lemog
05-03-2005, 08:16 AM
I totally okay with Squibbit idea concerning chains in Master's hands... certainly give us something more strong...

For the 2 pillars... as I say there's a lot of days... that disturb too much... the left one kills the perspective... and the right one is aligned with the top of the steps...

I think the master is a little bit too much in the middle of the scene, more towards right will be certainly better.

I would see the columns behind, that crushes the composition... it needs to breathe.
His clothing flies in the winds... but not the curtain... it however seems to be lighter.

If the columns are moved back, you will have more place to make steal these curtain...
Last point... my view is also disturbing by the joints of the tilings which are cut by the arc of circle of the stairs.

Go my friend Dimi... 15 days to finish :scream:

Versiden
05-03-2005, 08:16 AM
heya Dimitris

looking great man, your modelling skills and anatomy knowledge are superb!

Are you going to be rigging the master figure later?

I think your thoughts on the chains could work instead, maybe do a quick paint over just to flesh it out to see if I will work or not.

Add some more color variation to the skin, tanner on parts that recieve more exposure to the skin, and maybe a slight tint of green for the veins. Some reds to some parts of the face, maybe sun blemishes or scars?

aliasali
05-03-2005, 10:11 AM
hey dimitris,great! i loved it!:D man are those a+s or headlights of a car?-kidiing-but to be real,this is the first thing that comes to my eyes,i mean there's much contrast between her a+s and the background(master and..)
but TotallyGreat,keep it up!:hmm:

Agamemnwn
05-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi dimitris, Great update. Love the idea about the chains and Squibbit's suggestion about the placement of the chains. May i give my suggestion about them?

why not move ares with his left foot on the first step of the steps and make him hold the chains that loop around his left hand and forearm and as squibbit suggested let them dangle a little down. As if he has a firm grip on her and lifts her up like you have her now and on the other hand hold the bow that stands vertical on the floor. so you can give him a more dominant position over the amazon and stil hold the bow you made in the scene.

I hope i am not saying things over my head. :)

As for the cloth i agree with squibbit , i think it would look better if we would see all of it.

are u mad now? hope not :D:applause::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

MDN67
05-03-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah, yeah, yeah, very good composition, i prefer when the master is big, now, he take more importance by report at the next pic, a great work, perhaps one of the best:thumbsup:

grf
05-03-2005, 10:55 AM
Excellent!! :thumbsup: No question about it. I agree with Versiden about variation in the skin tones. One suggestion: I don't know if you just haven't gotten to it yet, but the girl's head is sort of getting lost in the flowing robes in the background. She needs either highlights in her hair to bring her head forward or the robes need to be screened back some (atmosphere of some kind...smoke from a candle blowing in the wind... something...) to create some contrast there.

Great work!

RF :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-03-2005, 12:25 PM
@ Squibbit, Lemog, Versiden ...hey guys...hello...i am not sure for taking out weapon ..but i think it's a bit out of the general design..lol...also i think if he holds these fat - heavy chains as Squibbit said it will look better. Frame of compo indeed as Squibbit and Lemog said must open a bit to see all his cloth and more of the bit ornament behind ARES. Camera must come up a bit and tit a bit down..that way also the cut of the tilling that Lemog says will be corrected also(if i understood correctly)...that will correct the problem with right pillar...left Pillar will go (delete) 'cuase it gives this perspctive problem,i will make it also a bit bigger if it needs to ....i will make the shield to stand in less angle there ..Pillar are supposed to be textured but from what i see it needs the same texture like stairs to fit in more....Color variation on Master's skin is a good idea Versiden ..thanks man. Master also will go a bit to the right of frame.

Collumns behind , Lemog says it needs to breathe more (compo)...maybe a good idea is the center column to leave (delete)...also i will make curtains flow like it should to the same direction with his cloth...(how did i forget this?...i am stupido! :scream: )

@ Agamemnwn ... hahah thanks man...but even those changes suggested i have to find time to make them..i have too MUCH work at the office and i am trying ewith this only 2-3 hours at nights....this is so difficult ....no time at all...arghhh...i don't if i will be able to experiment more on his pose...at least for the challenge...sorry..:sad:

@ Madlight_1988 ...hhahaha..thanks man...:)

@ MDN67,raid ... :)

@ R Frederickson ...about lady hair lost with cloth behind ...yes U Are correcct ...i have placed a back light to make hair tips lit more and to make her hair stand out more....:)

Agamemnwn
05-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Dimitri it was just a suggestion i know you are extremelly busy. Dont kill yourself over this. It should be fun not work right? :D btw xronia polla, xristos anesth kala na pernas

:beer::bounce::bounce::bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Cheers man....Xronnia Polla :beer:

Agamemnwn
05-03-2005, 12:54 PM
U RULE!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: . keep on inspiring people with your designs :D

Tremoside
05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Ahowww! Your image is too good! Lots of peaople told...i will repaet that: Excellent, amazing, impressive and all! :thumbsup: Chain idea looks also great to me. just a small addition...pehaps some glow effects around his eyes or glowing veins or just hot red chains...you know just as you keep the iron into fire...volumetric light from behind spotted to the servant...not an important comment but this is all what i can say, your image is an eye catching artwork! :wavey: Congratulations! :applause:

venum
05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
:thumbsup:great texture work. THere is so many nice detail on the shinpad, the shield, the curtain, the floor, the props:D. We have waited a long time, but at last it's really work, in despite of you need to finish all the texture.
I'm gonna wait you finish the texture to comment the light.

Kanga
05-03-2005, 04:39 PM
rEAL COOL BABY!

lOVE THE SHINEY SWEATY look on the skin textures!
Don't forget the guy's belly button,... or he is an alien god or something and doesn't need it! :thumbsup:

arLutiK
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow, very good choice of color on the cape, it really gives depth to your image, and once again amazing job on the modeling, very cool positionning for the woman

evanfotis
05-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi Dimitri!

Away from the forums for a while traveling the world a bit...

I see you're really coming strong in this last challenge!
Great work- great modeling and human anatomy!

Off topic- should start a cgsociety thread of the Griegos guys, dont ya think?
http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Xristos anesti

jddog
05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Stunning work dimitris, wow :applause:
jdd

Tranchefeux
05-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi Dimitris, good advanced on your composition, thinks you of putting
of another lights to accentuate some detail, go, go for the
continuation. :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115216611_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1115216611_large.jpg)

...ARES 65% finished...i hope i will finish him tonight and have him ready for scene render....

P.S :...Squibbit was right...his weapon is too nice to delete and replace with chains...so i'll keep it and texture this soon too..

Hope u like him so far.
C&C are most welcomed.

Squibbit
05-04-2005, 03:28 PM
nonono, i said the weapon was too nice to delete, but that
I liked the chains and that I hoped you'd still find a place
for the weapon somewhere in the pic :)

DimitrisLiatsos
05-04-2005, 03:29 PM
@ Squibbit ...AAAA...hahahah...ok ...i will see what i can do for both ...hahahahahah:thumbsup: :)

@ Tremoside... :bounce: thanks friend....your work rocks!

@ venom....hey thanks man...any minute now ...possibly Sat or SUN u will see this close to finish...:)

@ Kanga....hahaha..belly button yup..lol..thanks man

@ arlutik .. :beer:

@ evanfotis ... there no other Greeks signed in yet i think , i would gladly do so though if they were(except u of course, u have signed in as i see :) ).

@ jddog ...:beer:

@ Tranchefeux ... thanks friend ..it's nice to hear this from one of my favourite Artists :bounce: