PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

DaddyMack
04-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Zbrush Zbrush everywhere, Great fluid whips in the cape Dimitris, Keep it flowing man!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112875474_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112875474_large.jpg)

....i can't work on this much where i am right now ...so i just took the wall that's in my scene on the right and played a bit with Paint FX (converted in Poly's so i can import them in XSI from Maya)

what do you think?

alex.h.
04-07-2005, 01:08 PM
great decoration, are some of them going to have some movement? see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-07-2005, 01:12 PM
....i can't work on this much where i am right now ...so i just took the wall that's in my scene on the right and played a bit with Paint FX (converted in Poly's so i can import them in XSI from Maya)

what do you think?

mmh... maybe too much perfect... all parts too much similar... need a bit of madness... and that's will be better... if you see :scream:

mmmh mmh... Maya is still practicle, no ? hahahaha :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey thanks guys for the kind words and observations...
Lemog i will make it more clear soon so u can tell me if u like it better my friend.

...oh and yes Maya is still very practical...hehehehh

Antropus ...no man i won't never quit my Maya...but i thought that this challenge would be a good opportunity to be a crash course for me to learn better XSI and ZBrush...and yes ZB is quite a tool..i hope one day i know it like u my friend...u are doing awesome job ..that is why ..i hate u...err..love u......naaahhhh...i hate u ..yes..:scream:

mikepol |3D| ...sure man...anytime ...now that i realized u are just 3 blocks away from my home...anytime..:thumbsup:

alex.h. ...movement ? ...iwill try to make the final image to have the feeling of motion..but other than that , this time i am only focusing in just static modeling and creation...:bounce:

markovicd., spirogyro, SUN, Squibbit, DaddyMack....and any other i might forget... :beer: :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 12:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112917870_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112917870_large.jpg)

...fixed column distances again, height of Ares...and experimenting a bit with lights and coloring ....

C&C awlays welcomed...

erilaz
04-08-2005, 01:16 AM
A very powerful piece! The only thing I can say at this point is that the dude seems a little too perfect. Possibly the exact placing of the feet and such, Maybe needs to be a little non-symmmetrical.

Mandrake
04-08-2005, 01:16 AM
This is really great. Now stop modeling and tweak the hell out of atmosphere and composition, that would make this pic stand out

:)

Kanga
04-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Beaytifull man!

Really beautifull sence of gradure :thumbsup: .

Neeno
04-08-2005, 04:12 AM
awesome dude.. everything in your scene just looks perfect.. top stuff!!

mmoir
04-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Hey Dimitris,

Your scene is looking great , the lighting is looking good. That is one mean looking weapon. Good luck with this.

Wandddo
04-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Hi Dimi! This work is more and more fantastic! Your style is very impressive, I'm liking the detail level, really a harmonic composition... particularly I prefer the lights now, so value the details:)
Amazing work man! keep on...
Cheers

safe05
04-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Good choice in colors. It was looking a little "busy" when everything was gray, but really stands out now. Great job! (cloth is really cool...:) )

Zlatan B.
04-08-2005, 05:59 AM
Cool background and overall modeling is unbelievable. But the guy looks a bit stiff.
Cannot wait to see it finished.:thumbsup:

my stuff:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=223794&page=1&pp=15 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=223794&page=1&pp=15)

Grimreaper1981
04-08-2005, 06:06 AM
great dimi, very well modeling; one question: ares weapon...what kind of weapons it'll be? Some kind of bow or staff? maybe its a bit overloaded....:shrug:

Lemog
04-08-2005, 06:18 AM
All that is really better now... better disposition and scale for the columns... movment for clothes... that totally agree me... you are in the best way now... don't turn Dimi... all right :scream:

I'm a bit sad to don't see your updates for the next week... but I'm sure that will be fantastic, and still an real chock for me... ā bientôt :wavey:

pixelkeg
04-08-2005, 06:34 AM
The movement adds a lot to the image, nicely done. I should look into incorporating more of that into my work.

I do agree that the pose is very symmetrical. I understand that he's very powerful, but i'd want to see him in some impressive pose that he stays in while the pupil has fallen, to enhance the idea that his technique is superior.

cheers,
=pK=

monsitj
04-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Hi dimitri ! very nice ! is your charactor from greek mythology? Ares is god of war?? I dont' know much about detail but very cool , and now my entry was very slow because now I'm addict to Ps2 game God of war!! it's very fun ! I hope I can come back to work heheheh:bounce:

BlackNull
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
oh my, what a great update! it's better everytime I take a look, it's exciting so see this great piece unfold, I'm sure everybody is eager to see your next update! take care :bounce:

icedeyes
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Very nice work dimitri.... Everything seems fine in your composition too...:thumbsup:

UK3D
04-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Your work goes from strength to strength. You clearly are a master of your art and the updates are leaps how much time are you putting in? Great work all the best. :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958008_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958008_large.jpg)

...Just an experiment 'cause some friends asked me if he is going to be bold...(i want him bold ...but if he looks better with hair why not )

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958219_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958219_large.jpg)

....so ...comments and opinions on this will be most helpfull

Should i keep the hair ? ( he looks younger now i think)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 12:20 PM
erilaz ...thanks man ..i see what i can do about it, it's puzzling a bit my mind too...

Mandrake ...hahahha...u are right Master...but i have to make the Slave Amazon too....but i gotcha....i experiment on this already...:)

Kanga ...thanks man...wait to see what i am gonna when i will be 6 yrs old :scream: ...:beer:

Neeno, mmoir, Wandddo,safe05 ... thanks friends!

Zlatan B., pixelkeg ... thanks guys..i see if i can do something about it in final compo....

Grimreaper1981 ....it's a tween axe and bow ..but maybe u are right that it's a bit overloaded...i will give it some serious thought...thanks man.

Lemog ...thanks my friend..i hope it will give u a nice surprise after a week....:beer:

monsitj ...Hi my friend ..yes ..his story is inspired from Greek Mythology ...but heavily twisted to my head so i can make my story aound them....the visual style though..is a mixture of cultures and happily i can say that after your suggestions ..except Greek infuence, Egyptian and some Persian ..it has now and the Thai touch ..heavily ..hahahah

=BlackNull= , icedeyes , UK3D ...thanks friends for such kind words...i hope u like the rest of it too ...:beer:

alexfalchi
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
XSI and ZB nice team really!!... good work:thumbsup:

Alex.

JamesMK
04-08-2005, 12:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958219_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112958219_large.jpg)

....so ...comments and opinions on this will be most helpfull

Should i keep the hair ? ( he looks younger now i think)

OH.... hmm... *looking at the hair*

Can't complain about the sculpting effort :applause: but... hmm... naah... I'm not sure. A lot can happen with good shaders here of course, but my first impression was "yikes!"... Everything else looks soooo good, and that makes it hard for such a wild hair to fit in the scene. And it's pretty gay too :D

Try some nifty shading and post the results, please. If it doesn't work, I'm sure it could be worth trying with a little shorter hair, say about half the lenght... it would still be fairly long...

markovicd
04-08-2005, 12:50 PM
hey dimi , i think it would be much better if he doesn`t have hair... insted he has some tatoo ;) , but that is just me ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112963683_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112963683_large.jpg)

...i amde hair less, smaller and with less volume.....

I hope James he doesn't ,still, ...look gay...hhahaha

If u don't like it again..i think i am going to skip hair for now...arghh...

Comments and crits are always welcomed

sonicstrawbery
04-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah, the hair are cool but i prefer it also without....it disturb a bit the composition i think...

Anyway, amazing work on the clothes effect and the wepon, nice design skills...

Good luck and keep that excellent work man :buttrock:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 01:37 PM
hey dimi , i think it would be much better if he doesn`t have hair... insted he has some tatoo ;) , but that is just me ;)

thanks man...hair ..i might skip indeed...but i don't want him to have tatoos ...he is not just a warrior...he is supposed to be their God....but thanks anyway. :)

wabbit ... hahahah...bastard...he is not gay.....he just thinks he is member of Thundercats..:scream:

JamesMK
04-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Ah, shorter works better... He looks like a hair-dresser now, hence you can't be sure whether he's gay or not :D

Seriously though, the short one could work... will depend entirely on the shaders and lights here :wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Hair - Dresser ? :eek:...argghhh ...i think i will skip the hair for now...he looses i think that heavy look on his face....mmmm hmm...yup hair goes awayyyyyyyy.....

:wip:

Deadlyforce
04-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Whaow ! I must post a reply to this one !

Please, please, don't keep the hairs ! It looks like Patrick Swayze as a bodybuilder...:D
This is not gonna work like that.
This is my point of view on this.

Good luck ! everything else is ok ! :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Whaow ! I must post a reply to this one !

Please, please, don't keep the hairs ! It looks like Patrick Swayze as a bodybuilder...:D
This is not gonna work like that.
This is my point of view on this.

Good luck ! everything else is ok ! :thumbsup:

Patrik Swayze...Now there is a reason for the hair to go right now....Done ...deleted hair ...bad hair ...bad hair....:scream:

jmBoekestein
04-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Maybe if you got an avatar WITH hair you wouldn't have these fits you know.:wise:

lol, otherwise looking excellent!

JRBRAZ
04-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Is really a lot better without this hair ... But I think you could try a not modeled hair ... Will be more slower, but could work better ...

DaddyMack
04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Hahaaah lol, good luck with the hair or there solution Dimitris...Glad you wiped it, Your scene is coming together in a most awe inspiring manner otherwise:thumbsup: Keep it up good sir

ace4016
04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
I think the bald head makes him look more powerful. Everything looks good Dimi, but the pose of Ares seems lifeless, like a statue. Maybe you can capture the moment he is withdrawing his weapon from the attack he made on the amazon (I forgot her name). Just a suggestion.

rhin0
04-08-2005, 03:17 PM
hey, great entry.. one of the best imo, as for ur characters hair, i would not make some.. its better without it imo.. or i would make flat hair,long and a poney tail! :) good work neway.. cant wait to see more..good luck m8!

shtl
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Hello Dimitris
Glad you wiped the hairs too, as so said it could work with a shader, but as ACE4016 noticed bold head looks more powerfull, something of purity or wisdom or something... A great god, too hairy it would go more on youngod.... no? OR a mad warrior, a true barabrian, than he would be supa shaggy, but it doesn't seems to be your line right know?
And i think ACE4016 as a point about the pos of ares, i thougt so for a while.... I don't know... In an other hand his more statuesque like this, it reminded me of the guardian keepers in the japanese temples... It truly depend of the completed scene so...
Plus i'm impatient of seeing your composotion with the other chara... Yop definitivly depending of her pos...What you want to say...
So blablabla waiting for the next update :bounce:

Still very admirative of the quality of your work :thumbsup:

Keep it up!

eddieellis
04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
gay gay gay ........ lol

d-tox
04-08-2005, 04:25 PM
looks very good, i really like that you can see that there is wind blowing, very dynamic scene. Anly the hair looks too solid. Now it's like he washed it with cement or something :P . Besides that it looks really good man:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
jmBoekestein ... lol...

JR.BRAZ, DaddyMack ...lol..no other hair solution..i may try after i finish with PaintFX in Maya ....no plugins for hair in home ..so i will go with another solution if i need to...but ..for now after that Patrick Swayze example ..lol...it has been out of my scene already...

ace4016 ...Bold he stays hahahah...as far as his pose ...welll ..i am not sure ....have u ever noticed Samurai warriors before attack....they don't move a muscle...also i think that this is shoing him more powerfull...but i will experiment on this.....thanks man

rhin0 ...thanks man...and yup as i said ..hair goes...hahahahaha

eddieellis ....oh Shut up ...shut up ... shut up :scream::bounce:

d-tox ...thanks friend....it seems that today with that hair thing ...i completely destroyed him image ...heheeh

updating in a while with scene compo so far....i made less busy also his weapon ....it's not a bowaxe anymore....Just a tween axe....i think it looks better too....

eddieellis
04-08-2005, 04:55 PM
only joking dude, nice work

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I know man u are jocking...ahahahha...me too....:thumbsup:

eddieellis
04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
although mate, i kindda liked him better then he was bold.... he had much more of a menicing look to him.

Versiden
04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
you haven't sold me here, he looks like he used a whole tube of GEL...

draw it on paper first. what are u going for?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112976192_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112976192_large.jpg)

...simpler weapon....vegetation on the marble stones on right (although not very clear here ...yet)...
And also trying to see some good angles for my final image....

I am starting on Amazon now ...

arghh ...arghhh....argh...

Comments and Crits are welcomed always.

alex.h.
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
i think you should go whith the hair,but try to aprotch the hair like you have done whith the cloth, big swirling bits and thin swirling bits that twist around eihouther,
then some finer details in that.
same flow on it, like the cloth.(long hair)
see you and great work mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RebelRaider
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I really like the idea, and detail, I was just curious to know if you plan on posing the character differently. He seems a little stiff, and to uniform, meaning, that he looks like one side mirrored to the other, which is normal, but maybe just tilt the head, and distribute the weight. You may already be doing this, so otherwise I think the character looks really good, and love the weapon design.

el-newty
04-08-2005, 05:18 PM
hi,

with the second version of hair (the shorter hair) , if you want hair, I think it's better than the first one, but my opinion is: it's looking better bald :)

cheers.

tilite
04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
i agreee with alex.h. on the hair issue.. i mean for heavens sake he is a god.. his hair need to have some god like ability... lol

i really think u need to keep working on the camera angle... the composition in my book just when down a few points in my book... now i dont know how much a few points is yet but the point is it went the wrong way. this is nothing big... some of my best angles have all been hit and miss... u couldnt do like 5 diffent ones in thumbnail could u? i think that would really help.

ur modeling is awesome:thumbsup: :bounce:

sergioKomic
04-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Baldly go where noman has gone before LOL:buttrock:

alexichabane
04-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Fantastic modeling! You've really nailed the character's anatomy, as well as the fabric and cloth. I agree with some of the other crits that the hair stands out right now. I like the earlier version of the image where the character has no hair at all. He looks more "god like" and threatening with a and clean head .. like Kurtz at the end of Apocalypse Now. Anyway, keep up the amazing work, everything (lighting, composition, background . .) is coming together very nicely. Alexi

Micro26
04-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Looks better on every update dimi:)
Keep it up dude:thumbsup:

hyperSasquatch
04-08-2005, 06:38 PM
hay Dimitristhats lookin soo sweet so far !!.. definatly my favorite part is the cloak so far.. a cloak always looks killer... plus his pimped out neclace im dyin to see more !! cant wait for some textures .. its gonna be wicked !

lukep
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
For the hairs, what about a bun ?

He would keep his mean look, which is an important asset.

btw first call in this thread, but you made it again Dimitri, very strong concept and top notch realization.

ace4016
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM
ace4016 ...Bold he stays hahahah...as far as his pose ...welll ..i am not sure ....have u ever noticed Samurai warriors before attack....they don't move a muscle...also i think that this is shoing him more powerfull...but i will experiment on this.....thanks man

I know what you mean with the samurai thing and the power stance; but the samurai have a looser stance when then hold still (knees bent and such; their poses are static, but dynamic looking). Do what you have to do though, small tweaks to the current pose will be more then enough to lossen up Ares, at the same time show power (maybe its just that the head isn't looking down:shrug: ).

vampeta
04-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Hi Dimi,
Looking AWESOME! canīt wait to see the girl :bounce::bounce:.

P.s: I like him more without hair (looks mor like a GOD)
PP.s: With all that testosterone in his body he has properly no single hair:) HA ha ha!

Keep on Modeling, your picture rocks!

3DForEverything
04-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Very good job, prefer with no hair (with hair it looks like an advertisement for shampoo ;) )
Keep it up !

alexfalchi
04-09-2005, 01:21 PM
nice nice:thumbsup:

Squibbit
04-09-2005, 03:32 PM
NO HAIR!!!

or it got to look a world better than those early versions..

oh yea n the pic still rocks

AJ
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
This is coming together very nicely!

As for the hair issue, I wouldn't leave him bald as I think hair could really work for him... Perhaps you could go for something a little more stylised - his hair could be made of light or flames... He is a God after all!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Found Hair Solution

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/squib.jpg

...wahhaaaaaaaaaaaa :scream: :scream: :scream: Squib ...Love ya man...heheheeh

P.S :...thanks guys ...i'll see what i will do...for now sorry for not answering to everybody..i really have to finish some work (..we got to eat too...lol)

Cya :D

Micro26
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
:buttrock: now thats HAIR:buttrock: :buttrock:

flyingP
04-09-2005, 05:18 PM
^^^ has definite potential :D :applause:

lotaH
04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Found Hair Solution

http://www.integra.gr/images/cgtalkimages/squib.jpg

hahahah...:thumbsup: ...Squibbit is your inspiracion?...heheh

Squibbit
04-09-2005, 06:37 PM
ooo shiiaaat hahahahahaha aaargh

now it's a world different hahaha

craazy man crrraaazy

Climax
04-09-2005, 07:10 PM
• Wahhahahahah, good one Dim!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-09-2005, 08:17 PM
AHHAahahah....arg ...arg .....weeeeeeeee.... :D :D :argh: :argh:

Squibbit ...u are a true inspiration man....hahahaha(love ya man...ermf..in a manhood way of course...hhaha)

Still working friends...and i think it's gonna be aaalll night ....My G5 is on fiaiaiaiiiire ! :wip: :wip:

....no updates yet...and i have the basic poly costruction of lady and i haven't got time to work on her :sad: :banghead:

JamesMK
04-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh the hideousness :scream: - Now bring on the amazons... but no snakes please :wise:

flyingP
04-09-2005, 08:22 PM
or just post some more Squibbits :D

JamesMK
04-09-2005, 08:26 PM
I'm sure the amount of Squibbits already posted is more than ample :D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-09-2005, 08:26 PM
or just post some more Squibbits :D

Ohhh hohohohho ...he is so lucky i have to work for a living this weekend....hhahaha

James A.K.A wabbit ...got it...no snakes...definitely :argh: :D ...argh ..argh.. argh

TheFirstAngel
04-10-2005, 01:10 AM
uhm. hahahahahahahahahha, hahahahaa, muaaahahaha. uhm. hahaha. hi dimi. Hairy hairy. fabric and planty updates look awesome. hair... well... is a bit of problematic. master squibs hairstyle sort of fits him. but... how bout let him bald. i liked him that way, and for a greek god of war, a bald head doesnt look that bad. just dont make him bon jovi or europe, or peg bundy, or march simpson, sort of takes the serious part of him away heavyly. overthinking that... naaaah, go for it, looks fine! more hair more hair! jk. sure ya goin to find a nice hairstyle for him!
keep it nuts lord bubbles!

alexfalchi
04-10-2005, 01:13 AM
ahahahahah yes yes very nice hair!!:bounce:

WimH
04-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Nice cloths and lighting. Good clean work good luck.http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224025&page=4&pp=15

TheFirstAngel
04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Hairy suggestion number 2: make him a helmet.

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/go_ares.jpg

Snapshot from the familly album, see, all his 6 bigger brothers loved hats!!!

Squibbit
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
aaargh noo eviill

lotaH
04-10-2005, 05:13 PM
hahahahahahahaha
hahaha :argh:

taavi
04-10-2005, 05:28 PM
What a family! I suggest to keep all 6 on the main composition :)!!!
Only question is-who is the dominating alpha male :)))
Good work!
:applause:

alexfalchi
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Bhaaaeheheh you madddd friend!!:bounce: this is fantasti pic. ahahahaha
increbible sooooo funny pictures...I saved this in my hardisk:)
huhuhuhuh:thumbsup: :applause:

Alex.

leigh
04-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow, that's a pretty dramatic image so far! Some really good work, as always :)

sergioKomic
04-11-2005, 10:36 AM
So its true what they say:

The village People are GODS?

Heh , LOL

flyingP
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Wahahahahahaha :applause: too cool :D

gpepper
04-11-2005, 11:18 AM
It's getting really nice Dim ! We want the next step !:scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-11-2005, 11:38 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113215921_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113215921_large.jpg)

....well my last main model starts ...i did some experimenting working with SubD's in XSI in the same workflow i work in Maya with Nurbs..i think i have come in a reasonable base mesh..i will tweak this very much now before i go to ZB....(probably pose it here in XSI too..not probable ..for sure..hehehe)
This is going to be more difficult me thinks..,
Comments and Crits are welcomed always...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
@ the1st_angel ..wahaaaaaa...Village People...ahahaahahah ..U ARE NUTS ...hahahahaah ...
:scream: ...i 'll get u for this ...hahahahahahaahhaha

@ Squibbit, lotaH, taavi, alexfalchi,...... :bounce: :thumbsup: ...

@ Leigh ...heeeyyy..hi crazy girl with the lovely hair..i see under your avatar (..maybe too late..sorry) that u are in CA now....is it fun ? thanks Lady :)

@ sergioKomic ....bastard too...:scream:

@ flyingP ...i suspected that would like angel's post ...u PIG!:scream: (how are u man?)

@ gpepper ....my friend thanks...now the really hard part starts...i am always nervous when dealing with modeling a Woman.....let's hope i 'll make it descent...too tough 'cuase i am not yet too efficient in XSI as i could be in Maya....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ...but i am learning...argghhh...

flyingP
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
@ flyingP (how are u man?)

well turn your MSN sometime tonight and I'll give you the full rundown :D

icedeyes
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Nice work so far and good start on the female body (maybe the knees are a tad lower than normal..)... Very nice dimitri... I think that once you get the hang of XSI you will love it and work as efficiently as you do with maya... It's a great tool... But trying to tranfer the nurbs logics in subdivisions is madness... why would you like to make the process so complex? There are easier workarounds... As I said when i started this post... nice one:thumbsup:...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113227402_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113227402_large.jpg)

...working on her form ....also trying to see if i can easily pose her while i am in a reasonable polycount ..before i go to ZB....I started working more on ...heheheeh...what else ...her Butt...

Comments and crits are welcomed

sonicstrawbery
04-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Yayy..cool modeling of the women so far, she's gonna be great :bounce:

ilasolomon
04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Woa! Nice butt, ... sorry, ... Topology!

bealobo
04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
sheīs gonna look amazingly gorgeous :eek: are you z-brushing her too?

btw, I prefer him without hair, or with apache hat

gpepper
04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
She is really cute, I mean, her body is really sexy ! even if she has no head... :argh:

shtl
04-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks for posting wip wires, it's a nice way for me too learn the "how to" :thumbsup:

This is gonna be (hhum well, it is already...) AWESOME :bounce:

Btw, hope she'll have hairs ?

flyingP
04-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Btw, hope she'll have hairs ?

on her butt ???? :surprised .....would at least be original though :D

shtl
04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
lol lol lol

a holy hairy butt, nothing divine lol !!! ah hmm yop definively original...

flyingP
04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
lol lol lol

a holy hairy butt, nothing divine lol !!! ah hmm yop definively original...

indeed....dammit I want to see that now Dimitris :D

JamesMK
04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes, Dimitris... hairy butt, or I will not be your friend anymore.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-11-2005, 07:49 PM
@ Ila Solomon ....:scream:....:wavey:...haahaha ...good luck with your short film man...i will be waiting for it ...

@ bealobo ..:). i want her to look killer sexy ...no she not ZBrushed ...still working in XSI ...
Thank Lady for your kind words....

@ ...The little bastardos Team there..A.K.A (Pig , Wabbit , gpepper, shtl, ..and everyody volunteering for this NUTS Force....hmm and all Crazy Frenchies:scream:)

....She will not have a hairy butt ....Greek women have stopped having hairy butts some decades now....Thanks to Cosmetic institute and Genetic progress :scream:...and MTV...LOL

..hmmm...but maybe i will try one version soon ...cuase i want wabbit to stay my friend (...bastard ...:scream:)

lotaH
04-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi,

It was that anotomia that I waited...heheheh

Very good.

alexfalchi
04-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Keep it strong mate...goood model coming here!! like alot!:thumbsup:
I must sayd I looking "good AR...." Sorry:) :bounce:

Alex.

mecman
04-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Nice modeling Dimitris! the mesh is very clean!!:applause:
Keep it up!

Squibbit
04-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Greek women have stopped having hairy butts some decades now...

yea but isn't this in ancient Greece?

forget I said that ,I got no desire whatsoever to see a hairy
butt anywhere :argh:

should just learn to shuddup...

ArtisticVisions
04-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Guy looks great, the girl looks great... hell, everything of yours looks great, Dimitris. :applause:

Don't know if you decided on this issue or not, but I think Ares should remain bald; that look kinda defines and showcases him as a God to me (can't really explain why, it just does).

alex.h.
04-12-2005, 12:48 AM
great work on that bum, see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gpepper
04-12-2005, 07:00 AM
..hmmm...but maybe i will try one version soon ...cuase i want wabbit to stay my friend (...bastard ...:scream:)[/i]

What ? Could there be a man between U and your muse ? :argh:

Climax
04-12-2005, 07:06 AM
• Looking good!, Waiting to see that girl! :bounce::bounce:

icedeyes
04-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Very nice so far dimitri... But stay off the hairy butt thing.... Yikesssssssssssssssss.... The idea is quite hmmmmmmmmmmm.. how should i put it.... .....vomiting..... you get the idea...

flyingP
04-12-2005, 07:29 AM
But stay off the hairy butt thing.... Yikesssssssssssssssss.... The idea is quite hmmmmmmmmmmm.. how should i put it.... .....vomiting..... you get the idea...

yes but it would be funny :D :bounce:

TheFirstAngel
04-12-2005, 07:32 AM
uhm. ok, i'll resist to post a hairy visualized comment here, just so far like the butt as well, without hair. uhm. exacly. hehe, go dimi go!!!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Wahaaaa.....i think guys i will make two versions of her....

a) The homus FUR primitivus butt(us) lady :scream:

b) The homus Amazonus Sexus Butt(us) - delete hair - Lady :D

Good morning everybody (i 've finished a tv spot and now am a bit more free today to have fun)...

cya

P.S : although i have to admit that the idea of a hairy butt really gives me the creeps...ahaahhaahahha

Tremoside
04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
So, you have some freetime.....Turn on man! We're watching!

sergioKomic
04-12-2005, 10:14 AM
that's a nice piece of ***!
How about 2 slave (sexy as hell) amazons?
(or 3 or4)
come on everybody lets vote!

shtl
04-12-2005, 10:19 AM
O yes, Shaggy (hairy) slaves and bald gods ! :)

Agamemnwn
04-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Great modelling so far dimitris as always.Love the amazon. :D hope you win another award with this challenge.

flaeticia
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Hello Dimi!
Not having too much looked at what you made, not due to the lack of interest, but rather for lack of cruel of time, I try of me to catch : difficult thing ! :eek:
Things being what they are, your work is always magnificent, quite as your humor moreover.
In your creations emanate alwaysthis young something which makes that, every time we are surprised, in part the quality and the humanity of each of them : bravo ! :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
04-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi Dimitris, Great modelling as always. cant wait to see another update of the amazon :D I hope you win another award with this challenge. Did you decide about the hairs on ares? I think he should have long hair, but this is just my opinion. Great going.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-12-2005, 03:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113315325_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113315325_large.jpg)

...still working from the waist down...fixed her ..ehmm..bikini with chains to hold it ....Not many edge loops added (5-8) here and there and mostly still trying to fix her form more without increasing poly count more...I plan to work more on her back side all over and less in front since it won't be much visible...

Comments and Crits always welcomed...

alexfalchi
04-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Italian words : :bounce: :buttrock: :love: :thumbsup:

English words : Ho my gordless this is very sexyyy :love: loveeeeee. Dimitris nice work my friend!!

Alex.

Agamemnwn
04-12-2005, 03:23 PM
omg!! Now thats i greek girl i recorgnized her as soon as i layed eyes on that beatiful behind :p. Great modelling so clean.

JamesMK
04-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Nice butt!

Clean tweaks too!

Umm....

But there's no hair yet as far as I can see! Maybe you made it fully transparent so we can't see it?

safe05
04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Coming along real nice! You have a great sense of proportions and musculature. Nice work! :thumbsup:

gpepper
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
She become really really nice ! Good idea ! I vote for the string ! :bounce:

shtl
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Since I doubt you're gonna make here face ugly, now it's for sure: Ares must be gay! How can he stays so calm in front of a girl like that? I mean even knowing it's only polys i'm already falling in love with her :) .... (well from what i know of her ?!?)

Man you're good. :applause:

Matter of taste maybe, but i would have make her a more rounded ass in the low part of it...
I won't dare to touch your pics but maybe you see my point?
Well trying to be constructive, but you don't seems to need any help anyway, at least from me...
So good continuation :thumbsup:

Wandddo
04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi Dimi! wow man she is pretty cute :love:keep on going man I'm accompanying.
Cya

flyingP
04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Clean tweaks too!

so that's what you call them :D

definitely not shaggy though :)

SDIMIS
04-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi Dimitri,

I see you got into the fun part.Nice modeling.Great progress,waiting to see the final concept finished:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ace4016
04-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Since I doubt you're gonna make here face ugly, now it's for sure: Ares must be gay! How can he stays so calm in front of a girl like that? .....

Well, a lot of Greek gods where bi-sexual, and had affairs with men sooo....you never know:rolleyes: .

Great job on the girl Dimi. I think maybe you need to add more definition to the stomach, but I'm guessing you are having too much fun at the buttocks:D .

SUN
04-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Dimi i love the clean works and your work it is really clean
Fine wire frame :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mr_carl
04-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Super great work, I really like it alot and her a.. looks realy nice :scream:

Carl.

Marcus_B
04-13-2005, 01:33 AM
i like her posterior

Zlatan B.
04-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Sweet view... I mean model:thumbsup: ...awesome work. Great modeling. Very clean. Cannot wait to see the final.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113395489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113395489_large.jpg)

...progress on her body....
..feet are from the model of feet i made from ARES...but eased down with inflat and sculpt in ZB and some scaling....i don't think i need to bother more since the final angle is hiding a lot of them...(maybe i will leave her without sandals though ..to so show some detail there )...
I made chain cords for holding her ...cloths and the the small parts of armor for leg and arm (very early wip there)....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113396312_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113396312_large.jpg)

...posting the angle also we will see her and the ref of angle i will model..

I am posting this 'cuase as u can see in prec post i am not working much at her belly and front part in general...

Comments and crits are always welcomed...

Micro26
04-13-2005, 01:53 PM
heyyy thats a great body:thumbsup:
a minor critic would be to finish it and send moooore:scream: cant wait to see this model posed:bounce:
go on go on

DimitrisLiatsos
04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey ...guys ...once more i am soory i am not answering to each one of u separately ..but i reall am working like crazy ..( i am happy i found an hour to tweak a bit this wip ...lol )...

Thanks for all comments and crits ..and ...lol No ..Ares is not Gay ....hahahaha...James ..hair butt is ready but i am away of that pc right now ...hehehehe.....Face ..yes i will try to make beautifull if i can....Stomach and front in general will be very basicly tweaked 'cuase in final image her back will be visible and i really have very few time to get in not visible detailing this time...sorry for that...:shrug: ....so i am focusing to anything absolutely necessary for the making of the image and only that......

Cya soon....got to run again....:bounce:

JamesMK
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
so i am focusing to anything absolutely necessary for the making of the image and only that......
I assume this means you will not model the interior of the anterior posterior?

teapoter
04-13-2005, 02:10 PM
have seem your homeimage like your works hope you can win the challenage

Tremoside
04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey Dimi, we have almost the same body pose about our female characters. It's really exciting to me and am really courious your way of soultions. I will check back later! Cya :wavey: Have a slow day!

flyingP
04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
anterior posterior?

and you say you don't know a word like "decanter"

:rolleyes:

JamesMK
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
and you say you don't know a word like "decanter"
Can't expect me to remember every single funny word I encounter :shrug:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113399790_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113399790_large.jpg)

...Thought i post this for educational reasons...also 'cause it was a happy surprise for my eyes too...

Weght editor in XSI with the use of the ready made female(in app) skeleton...

Weighting is fun...weeeeeeeee....

dmonk
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Weighting IS fun! This is looking very good so far. Your weight painting looks fine. This model is looking extremely sexy.:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I assume this means you will not model the interior of the anterior posterior?

....:eek: ...wht the heck did u say...didn't understand a single word.....?!?...hahahahah

anterior-posterior....bubbleirior.....sbaraquak! :scream:

hi Piggy ! :) ..i think wabbit has many anterior-posterior-decanter ..sbaraquaks (?!?!?!) (what did i say ?...what did i say?) :scream: :D

Hi Tremo ! ....:thumbsup:

monsitj
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
wow , sexy model! love the anatomy of model! I see that you switch to xsi , I want to know is it great? how do u feel compare to maya? I get a copy of xsi essential from last challenge but no time to use it , and found that it's more popular , so I want to know your opionion ........

alexfalchi
04-13-2005, 03:36 PM
:love: :love: nice!! nice!!

Agamemnwn
04-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Great update Dimitris. Love the amazon so far. Cant wait to see her face and hair. I love the concept u made with her down like that. Nice of you to show as the Weighting of the amazon. I worked with is for the first time in maya painting the joints of a model i was working on. Its so much fun you forget who the time flys by. :D :D :D . Great work keep it up!!

gpepper
04-14-2005, 07:00 AM
We all want women like this at home ! :bounce: :cry:

Squibbit
04-14-2005, 07:19 AM
gpepper , it's a headless thing without hands and feet ...:sad:

gpepper
04-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Oh, sorry, I didn't see... an ass is an ass... oups, sorry again...:D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113476300_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113476300_large.jpg)

Finishing body...here is the low poly of hand too..(tried to make it posed too..argghhh..) i will work on hands more in ZB just for winning a bit more time.....

The thing on her (as it is in concept) is leaving and the smaller err..bracelets get in ....i deleted that big one 'cuase it made her look out of topic...(too tech lines)...

C&C are welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-14-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113476778_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113476778_large.jpg)

..and the rest of views (including the one that will be visible in final image)
so far...

C&C are welcomed.

P.S ; Trying to pose her last night in XSI has given me some ideas for a better composition in final image...i will post my ideas soon for comments..i think it will be more dramatic if Ares is higher on 2-3 stairs over the level of Amazon's floor...(i hope it makes sence..)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM
@ monsitj ... thanks friend..i am happy u like her so far. About XSI...i didn't exactly switch from Maya...Maya is for me more than just a tool(i like the way the app is layed out for the user) but when XSI Foundation came out with that price ..i thought i should try it..and i must say i am veeeery happy for this purchase...it's a very strong app...Poly-SubD modeling is i must admit too much fun here and fast...also between two apps u can move forth and back easily ....i like XSi and i have used it for many works up to now the last four months...it's not too different from Maya i think once u get the idea where everything is , u are ok with it ( don't like too much the dynamics it has , Maya's seem more strong to me at least), Weighting the geometry over a skeleton seems more easy and fun at least up to now...hehehe...The main reason for only using XSI in this challenge is to learn it better....The most challengig part will be the skinning and then texturing and lighting for all of this for the final, there i will have to study very hard and also this makes me move slower forward in producing the final image.....But up to now it feels like home ...:) . Hope this helps although i am newbie in the app up to now...:argh:

@ alexfalchi, Agamemnwn ....:) :bounce: :thumbsup:

@ gpepper, Squibbit ...hahahah..i love to see conversations over a matter like a digital a$$ ..hahaha :beer: ..well now she has legs and arms...missing head still though...lol

goktugg
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
great stuff...mate ! :thumbsup: really..your models looks so nice.model`s anatomy is good'i think.all other elements of your progress is going very well..details are pretty:) again i`m looking forward to see your next update!

el-newty
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi,
I'm folowing this threat since you started, and I must say:
- you are a very good modeler
- the proportions are great, she's so feminine
- and I'm glad to heare your impression about Maya. I don't know how XSI works, but I'm working in Maya and I must say it: is the most powerfull tool known to me. :)

Keep it up like this... and...:thumbsup:

Kanga
04-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Very nice figure man,... only thing I see is the back of the knees and the elbows could be more defined :thumbsup:

shtl
04-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Dimitri you rock :thumbsup: She IS feminine, and your mod is so clean.
Miam I'd like to touch, grab her hip, but mmm no... I wont put my hand on my screen :) and Ares even bald seems to be stronger than i am! And he's got a big wepon too... Well since you dropped his killer hairs...
Ok now it depends on her face :) but i trust you'll find another way to make me regret not beeing a poly myself :D

and once again thanks for taking time to post wip images to, very helpfull :thumbsup:

keep it up!

bealobo
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
hi!
I wasnīt commenting here because I donīt want to say just whatīs obvious, that it is amazing and your polygon workflow is smooth and so... :arteest:

So... :twisted: is it me or is her hand a little small? I canīt tell for sure as the head is not in there yet, but the side view gave me that impression.

Keep up!!!

Nazirull
04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Great renaissance from Maya to XSI Dimi!!

Is that weighing is on the vertices and gives vertices different weight according to the color???
And is this weight affects the final 'posture' of the figure?

I want to understand!

Constantinos
04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Geia sou Dimitri :)

Parakolou8w kairo twra thn douleia pou kaneis kai einai korufh... :) Congrats! :D
As far as the model goes, it looks stunning... The proportions are right, but as u have defined some muscles specially at the legs, u have got to work in the front of view of the upper leg (without the armour)... It looks as it needs some smoothing there, and definition of the muscle... I dont know at what kind of detail you re going for, but if it's going to be as "deep" as the feet (veins and all), then the back of the legs (joint area, pisw apo ta gonata) need to be better defined! :)

Kane kai ton popo pio sthto nte! :P

/bow
/respect

petsoukos
04-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Mia xara einai o popos !!! :scream:

Nice work Dimitri !!

eddieellis
04-14-2005, 10:03 PM
great model man, looking forward to seeing a head on it !:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 12:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522394_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522394_large.jpg)

...Zbrushed face of Ares in order to produce the face of Mina (Amazon)

Side

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 12:48 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522512_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522512_large.jpg)

FRONT

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 12:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522738_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113522738_large.jpg)

quarter view...

I tried to produce from ARES face the face of Mina. I used inflat , move , scale and smooth .....

I think it has an interesting first result...

Comments and crits always welcomed...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 01:07 AM
@ goktug, el_newty ....:beer::beer:

@ Kanga ...thanks man...all this will be worked out in ZB for speed and precision...i am working now in final compo and the pose of her so everything before final detailing of her depends on her pose first :)

@ shtl ....hey man thanks...i am happy u like it . By the way i am becoming a crazy fan of your work ..seen your wip with the city and the samurai....OLALA! :buttrock:

@ bealobo ... thanks Lady...about hand maybe it's a bit of both (view and size)..i will look at it more tommorow...but maybe u are right and it needs to be a little bit bigger :thumbsup:

@ maranello55 ...hi my friend ...yes u are correct it's weighting ..every different color represents how the bone beneath affects the geometry above it ...it 's a visual help to see how every bone affects the model and it helps u refine the final result of how the skeleton moves the model....:)

@ Constantinos ...thanks friend...more details will be done in ZBrush for more precision and speed after posing her...i will detail only the visible parts of her....(Mia xara einai o popos ...ama paei ligo pio pano tha ginei mayrouka h amazona...heheheh....sou aresoun oi poly psilokoles mou fenete ..hahahahaha). Thanks for the kind words man...:)

@ petsoukos ,,,,:beer::beer:

@ eddieellis ...here u are friend ...hope u like it ..:)

angel
04-15-2005, 03:23 AM
Awesome modeling as usual. I particularly like her feet, very nicely done.:thumbsup:

JRBRAZ
04-15-2005, 04:01 AM
She is really nice!! The body is amazing :eek:
My only critic is about the ears .. in the front view is too flat ... but
ofcurse if she have a hair or something like it, wil be ok like this ...:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113564541_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113564541_large.jpg)

..thought i stop before posing Amazon and detailing her body to ZB ...just to see what the composition should look like...

so here is a thought with Amazon in place ..her final pose will be more expressional and dramatic but forgive me i just didn't hve time to tweak her weighting more....but i think u can get the general idea....

Comments and crits are welcomed.

Constantinos
04-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Ok... Now that's quality! :D

It reminds me of the Cell for some reason... (that was a brilliant Softimage movie wasnt it?)
Well, Z-brush is gonna give that extra edge that is missing (even though that its not missing much)... A more dramatic camera angle would b better (is it too early to crit that?), as there's much information in the pic and im -only slightly- not sure where to focus (amazon or Ares?
Keep up the perfect work Dimitri, some day i wish i can reach that standard...

PS Afou einai wraies oi psilokwles! :P Twra ama ginei kai san mayrouka den 8a einai kai asxhma...xaxaxa... To cloth pou exeis kanei den paizetai... Etsi mou rxetai na afhsw to LW kai na ksanarxisw to Softimage... :D

Eipame... /respect :)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys...really motivating...

@ Constantinos ...yup ...it is inspired as action a lot from the CELL ...heheheh ...wabbit has discovered that very quick...:) ...the crazy nutto :scream:

shtl
04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Hello Dim!
Thanks for your kind words, since i'm great fan of your work and skills it touch me a lot so :) and :thumbsup:

Updates are as interessing technicaly as great artistically :bounce:
The comp is cool that way. BUT ! I humbly think that her left arm should go more in her back, just as she would fall back and use it to stop her fall (excuse my poor english). Plus you'll get a diagonal direction from left hand -->shoulder -->head of mina --> right arm/hand ------> Ares

no?

well depends of a lot of things, first the purpose of the feeling of unstability you want to give her....?

and i know you are not yet on the illumination, but maybe you'll might use the back ray of light to illuminate points of the comp, kind of backlight, like Ares head and armory, Mina right hand, shoulders, hips and head....? suggestions only :)

good continuation :thumbsup:
++

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Hello Dim!
Thanks for your kind words, since i'm great fan of your work and skills it touch me a lot so :) and :thumbsup:

Updates are as interessing technicaly as great artistically :bounce:
The comp is cool that way. BUT ! I humbly think that her left arm should go more in her back, just as she would fall back and use it to stop her fall (excuse my poor english). Plus you'll get a diagonal direction from left hand -->shoulder -->head of mina --> right arm/hand ------> Ares

no?

well depends of a lot of things, first the purpose of the feeling of unstability you want to give her....?

and i know you are not yet on the illumination, but maybe you'll might use the back ray of light to illuminate points of the comp, kind of backlight, like Ares head and armory, Mina right hand, shoulders, hips and head....? suggestions only :)

good continuation :thumbsup:
++

i am glad u said all this ...'cuase u are right and that is my thought...but i couldn't just say all that with this post ..but u are right ...especially for Mina's pose ...thanks friend..:thumbsup:

MDN67
04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Good position of the woman, the composition will be good as it I think, I have a small idea, for the movement, you should make the hand of the woman, the one who carried the sword, the palm green the height opened and towards the ground, to give the impression that the sword has just fallen and that the hand is still tilted by the weight of the sword. I do not know if I explained well my English being really some shit

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks MDN67 ..i am thinking a lot about that hand...but your idea is something i will surely try ...thanks friend :thumbsup:

Micro26
04-15-2005, 02:16 PM
this is gonna be a great piece :thumbsup:
NIce work dimi:bounce:

tilite
04-15-2005, 02:23 PM
wow ur putting so much into this and so many ppl are getting so much out of ur work... u should be proud!! the composition looks soooo much better than i did when the sceen was incomplete (obviously) but it think everything is layed out accordingly... some tweaking of course.

i hvnt observed ur last few updates for the amount of time they deserve so i wont comment on those small tweaks but i will come back in the next day or so to inspect:hmm: so get to it :wip: lol

great work man truly great to watch this come along... but it aint over yet!!:thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113574164_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113574164_large.jpg)

...Amazon Mina so far...i must think her hair solution (probably Maya Paint FX converted to Poly's and imported to XSI ) , after pose her and take her to ZBrush for fine detailing and corrections on her body.....arghhh....

Comments and crits are welcomed always

aliasali
04-15-2005, 03:13 PM
its great! very nice composition! loved the mood of ur scene!

A12
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Wow your work has come along nicely. Like the motion being generated by the flowing fabric and shapes. Your short hair concept was good. Just give him a crown of some sort that relates to the style of his belt or sword like thing. Try it.

eddieellis
04-15-2005, 03:33 PM
he he he nice work dude, great use of existing model / face..... cheeky !

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113575921_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113575921_large.jpg)

Mina's RIG using the ready skeleton from XSI.,...i had to adjust some bones to come to my model's dimensions...some nulls are not needed for my purpose but it dosn't bother me either...

So i move to the next step of skinning her and adjusting weights.

Agamemnwn
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Everything looks amazing Dimitris and the final scene completely brings out the essence of master and servant. as constantinos said. respect is in order.

P.S Perito na sou pw oti eisai theos etsi? EInai eunoito nomizw. :D :D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
...No man ...u make me :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: ..but thanks for the kind words!:bounce:

rattlesnake
04-15-2005, 04:56 PM
hi mate...i think the girl model is really hot...the back side is really cool...LOL...

good job Dimi...

man i think the shoulders looks tense...maybe u can move them a bit down so they look more relaxed , more natural...thats in my point of view, but remember my anatomy knowledge is not the best around so mybe im wrong about it...im just trying to help a bit:)

smaddl
04-16-2005, 12:07 AM
very impressive and powerful work :applause: :applause:

Squibbit
04-16-2005, 03:31 AM
are u tellin me that u usually work in
Maya but happened to skip into
XSI for fun new stuff?

kinda like a worldclass runner deciding
to take up skiing too and excelling in
both?

shtl
04-16-2005, 12:02 PM
are u tellin me that u usually work in
Maya but happened to skip into
XSI for fun new stuff?

kinda like a worldclass runner deciding
to take up skiing too and excelling in
both?

You're wright man! well kinda prouve that when s-o is good, he's just good no matter the soft he use ...?
Dimitris has a lot of tools to express himself, guess he'll find out wich is the most appropriated for his style of images? Plus now the skinning part wich is if i truely understanded can sometime be very different in each soft....? so Dimitris how is it going this rig under xsi? Little update soon? And hairs? xsi as cool plugs for that?

keep it up :thumbsup:

jddog
04-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Dimitris... :applause: really nice to follow your progress !
jdd

overcontrast
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
everything is looking really good my freind DIMI... her hands r a bit too small as i can c. and i think her face is a bit too musculine... if u keep her looking really feminie then the contrast in ur cene can give ur piece a good edge.. but its just me., dont take my words for granted. keep up the good works :thumbsup:

Adriano-Zanetti
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Very nice piece of As... euh... I mean... of Art ! ...inspiring !! :)

good luck !

pe@ce

DimitrisLiatsos
04-16-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113655716_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113655716_large.jpg)

The Bubble hair solution...

1 _ U go to your work afterhours and import OBJ head to Maya Unlimited ..hhehhe
2 _ U call the Hair solution Maya has ..

3_ U tweak that and convert it to polys

4 _ u see your file is too big...u do it again...lol
5 _ U leave happy from work...hehehe
6_ U export hair as obj ...to XSI
7 _ U call Push OP to inflat them a bit ...to look more...

8 _ U save model ....happy man...

I hope u find my solution helpfull....

cheers

Comments and Crits are welcomed....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-16-2005, 01:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113656166_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113656166_large.jpg)

...and Amazon Lady so far....

I know it has a lot of mistakes in Clavicle and shoulders....and behind knees. Thank u guys for for the help...i am going to tweak all mistakes after posing her and exporting her Model to ZBrush....it will be a funny weekend...lol

Thanks for all comments ...please continue..u 've all helped a lot so far.

Maxko
04-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Thnx for tutor :) DimitrisLiatsos

sonicstrawbery
04-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Really Really nice Dimitris, i can't find something to crit, the hair works great, did you attached him to a UV set of head or on another surface... ?...maybe a stupid question but i got some bad stuff happening when i attach them directly on the model for me...:shrug:

Great work as usual, continue to impress us my friend :applause:

Micro26
04-16-2005, 03:24 PM
nice Hair cut:scream:
:thumbsup:
looking hot and sexy:bounce:

Neeno
04-16-2005, 03:51 PM
damn shes a hottie.. dude.. hair looks awesome such a smart way to do it. Greeat work dim .. you obviously addressed the probs with your mesh so i have no crits .. only compliments on a fine girl you have on your hands hmmm.... good luck with further progress

Rook
04-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Nice hair. How is that going to render? Hope it doesn't take days to render out the final shot.
I like the anatomy you have so far. The only thing that bothers me is her arm band. It looks like you extruded polys from a cylinder you cut lines into. It comes across too mushy in my opinion.
Good work so far.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-16-2005, 09:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113682175_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113682175_large.jpg)

..no ..i couldn't resist the fun...i went to Zbrush...to tweak her details and correct some hard mistakes...

...thisis too much fun....arghhhh

DimitrisLiatsos
04-16-2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113682421_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113682421_large.jpg)

...and back to XSI ...(only body..no cloths and stuff, i used them in ZB before just to know how to sculpt some point on body)..

She goes texturing now (my first serious texturing in XSI...gasp) i think and posing slowly now...

Fixed hands ..yes they were small...sorry about that and thanks for noticing...

Comments and crits always welcomed.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-16-2005, 09:28 PM
@ Squibbit.... :beer:..nooo man..u are too kind..i am just learning.....

@ smaddl,jddog, Neeno , Mr Micro26... hey thanks guys...:beer:

@ shtl ... hi firend...rigging under XSI is not much different i think from what i have seen so far ...but i bet it has it's secrets if someone digs deeper(which i intend to do...lol) ...it's too early to say much but skinning the character (weighting) is soooo fun..and fast i think...i like it ...it has many stuff to explore and that is most fascinating...:buttrock:

@ Maxko ...u are most welcome friend...

@ cipher ...no the hair my friend are not attached to head....they have their own mapping ..and maybe if they produce heavy render then they will be rendered in a different pass...:)

@ Rook ..hheheh..i know what u mean...i don't know ...at some tests i did , they render fast (hair)...but if they increase too much the render time i will render them in a different pass...in any case this is a fast solution for a static image production mainly ..not for an animation...so i will render it separately if it gives me a headache...thanks friend.
Arms..yup u are right i will do only what nessecary in ZBrush after posing her...i have that in mind though....thanks man :beer:

JamesMK
04-16-2005, 11:06 PM
She looks very good of course :thumbsup:

As far as the hair goes... well, either hair is the new boot :D or I'll just hang around here until I see what it looks like when you're made a decent render of her.

goktugg
04-17-2005, 12:11 AM
going better! :thumbsup:

banzato
04-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Hey, great model. Keep going. :thumbsup:

gpepper
04-17-2005, 11:19 AM
How can I say... Windy haircut !

shtl
04-17-2005, 11:47 AM
yop i think i'm in love :) with her funky wild haircut :thumbsup:
nice play! keep it up :)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 01:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113740037_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113740037_large.jpg)

...started experimenting on her skin shading...no SSS funky stuff (i am still experimenting in MAYA with SSS..i surely can't figure this out yet in XSI..lol)

Shader with two phong materials and incidense from mixing them set to 1.9...

I am still trying to figure out the clusters for diferrent projections on the same model....maybe i should break it in different pieces and then patch it up again...arghhh ...mind bubbling...
Skip belly button UV's ..need fixing...
what do u thing of shader?

Comments and Crits are most welcomed...

(bangs head on desk....arghhh)

Squibbit
04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
umm , how's "wow" for a change ?

alex.h.
04-17-2005, 01:30 PM
looks great dimitris, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maxko
04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I like shader.. good work DimitrisLiatsos.. :)

Kylebrn
04-17-2005, 01:42 PM
I think it looks real good.But a touch too plastic still.I can't come to this level of skin myself,I cant help you to get it more real,less plastic.But it's close to getting there.Just perhaps less specular?This might lose the plastic look.Still good work.:)

BlackDidThis
04-17-2005, 02:02 PM
I can NOT believe I actually read through your thread!! Alot of reading there was!

But I must admit that it was not just enjoyable to look at your updates, but also to read the in betweens (Not only your typo's don't worry)
Your work is so far amazing! Everything is so glorious and fitting to your concept. This is actually just a small note of compliments to make sure I get to follow up on your progress.

Oh wait.. I liked your skin shader alot, but I think a little bit more noise in your specularity might triger things up.. it sort of looks creamy inspite what the colour and bump/displacement suggests.

Black

Edit; Aparently Kylebrn has sort of said a simiallar thing... sorry

AIR
04-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi Dimitri,I like your concept.The body of amazon looks great,,only,,what you probably know allready,the chains that keep her panties on,,they need to be tweaked,and other little thingies,and for the skin,,well,your needs to be done,, cos it is in the wip,,Id be happy if my skin looks like this after Im finished. :) :)

tilite
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
great skin tone... almost perfect... actually i think it is;)

alexfalchi
04-17-2005, 03:36 PM
ho nice work mate!! love it!!

el-newty
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
AMAZING!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

cheers.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113752055_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113752055_large.jpg)

...i finally sliced the all body to pieces in order to place the projection i wanted everywhere...maybe there is an easier way...but now the path has been taken...lol.....

...so here is the fornt with some adjustments and also the back ...keep in mind that the lights are very fast placed...i think the shaders will need extra adjustmen when i place her in final scene ....

....comments and crits are most welcomed...

GabrielW
04-17-2005, 04:37 PM
very sexy:):) i like it!!!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 04:47 PM
@ Squibbit ...:bounce::bowdown:...thanks man....i am happy u like her..

@ alex.h., Maxko ...thanks guys...:beer:

@ Kylebrn, BlackDidThis ..thanks friends....u maybe right...i have lowered a bit specular..but i am keeping some more tweaking when it is in final scene (new light setup)...i am it's gonnabe needed....again ...:argh:.

@ A I R ...thanks friend..done some tweking on chains ..is this better now?...:beer:

@ tilite, alexfalchi, el_newty ....:beer::wavey:

AIR
04-17-2005, 05:01 PM
You are one fast son of a gun.But i stil see the last chain link on front merging with
girls soft browny delicious skin. :) :) :) .
But that's not so obvious,so U can let it be or U can get the lucky chain link and,(I say lucky cos she rests on that thigh I would like rest to),and repair it,,,
keep em posting pal... :)

3dRaven
04-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice work on the girl Dimitris :thumbsup:. This thread is looking real cool :cool: so far.

I'd do a double check on her shoulder blades. Guess their visibility depends how strong she is...

alex.h.
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
more great work mate, the back is as great as the front, see you and looking forvard for more, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CuneytGuclu
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Congratulations Dimitri, perfect modeling and skin...

Good Luck!

Neeno
04-17-2005, 06:54 PM
hey dim textures looking fine justa better light rig and its nothing but next to perfect.. great progress dude..

BlackNull
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
hey buddy, haven't checked your thread lately, I see you're still doing great! :thumbsup:
For some reason, the bumps (I believe?) are doing something weird to the stomack and for the back it's looking very smooth..too smooth for the textures. I'd think that the stomack should have very smooth skin and it looks a bit too hard (bump wise). But then again, I'm not sure if it's the bump doing that, but just a thought. Great job on the female modelling, I find it quite a challenge to model females..so many subtleties, sure is a change from modelling centaurs hehe keep it coming! :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113761869_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113761869_large.jpg)

...arghghh...My wife just throw me a book on the head ...she thought i was in a porn site or something....HAHAHAHAHAHAH....

...so here is also the butt-texturing and legs.....

Moving on....argh!

Comments and Crits are most welcomed.

flaeticia
04-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Its really very beautiful bravo dimi !
The skin adorned little transpiring : that produces very well almost re-confine to bed!
We see although kept silent mastery ! :thumbsup:

3dRaven
04-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Amazon ----> more like Amaze-on. New update looks sweet...all it need now is more defined neck muscles at the back.

apekki
04-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Hehe, top class work with texturing! I like the skin tone very much..

Yeah, cgtalk can be very dangerous, i have also gotten much angry glances from my mom, when she sees me watching very realistic female model without clothes..

gpepper
04-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow ! great shader Dimitris ! really cool stuff ! :thumbsup:
Is it a procedural texture or is it bitmap ?

gra7
04-17-2005, 07:51 PM
hahhhahaha good job dimitrius..

porn site.. auhauha takee offf all !! we what to see.. :eek:
heheh great job.. best luck ! c ya !

gra7
04-17-2005, 07:55 PM
hey dimitris.. u have some tuto to do this shader in XSI ?
plzz show me. or tell me how u do this. thnxxx.

c ya !

Maxter
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Dimitris, your work is impressive...:eek:
The girl model is my favorite, amazing work man
Good luck!!:thumbsup:

markovicd
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
great work dimi! real belivable skin! :D btw did u know that amazons didn`t have one teet :D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
@ flaeticia ....:beer::wavey::beer:..hello Frenchy girl....how are u?....progressing?

@ 3dRaven ...thanks man..i know ...but i will pose her when finish texturing and then i will sculpt any more nessecary errors....:thumbsup:

@ apekki ...hahahah..thanks man...

@ gpepper ... No procedural my friend...Just two phong shaders with texture on color (and also checked to produce 0.1 factor bump) of one of them and an incidense Node to mix those two to the im_shader (to camera Direction)....i will make an image with all that and another one with textures used....;)

@ gra7 ...thanks man....me tut in XSI ..no man ...i am a newbie in XSI...but as i said to gpepper , i will post tonight 2 images showing all done for her texturing....thanks man

@ Maxter ..u are most kind ..thank u .:)

@ markovicd ...hahaha i know ..they had one teet so they use Bow more efficiently..but i am not cutting any teet here ..i her with both...heheheheh:scream:

flyingP
04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
hahaha i know ..they had one teet so they use Bow more efficiently..but i am not cutting any teet here ..i her with both...heheheheh:scream:

oh go on...and a hairy butt :bounce: :D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 08:46 PM
AHAHHAHAHAHA....Hairy butt comes tommorow after work...hahahah ...i will bring to home a model with hairy butt so we cal all ...bliaaahhh....together...HAHAHAHAHA
:scream::scream:

....p.s ; u found a flash light or torch?...ahahaha.......u found the big monster or not yet ...the one with the creepy flying ...i stop....hahahah..i won't spoil it for ya..heheheheh

flyingP
04-17-2005, 08:49 PM
>>....p.s ; u found a flash light or torch?

not yet

>>u found the big monster or not yet

just bloody Hell Knights.....big, mean, resist anything and I can hardly see them :scream:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 09:04 PM
>>....p.s ; u found a flash light or torch?

not yet

>>u found the big monster or not yet

just bloody Hell Knights.....big, mean, resist anything and I can hardly see them :scream:

I know some codes u could type for all weapons and full ammo :scream:...want me to dig them up...hahahahah ??!?

flyingP
04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
I know some codes u could type for all weapons and full ammo :scream:...want me to dig them up...hahahahah ??!?

:D

although I am already in "wuss mode" :blush:

Black Rose
04-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Wowwww ;) nice skin and model! I like it very much !!! You have good syle ;)

Jinian
04-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Nice form on the model for an Amazon.

Textures are not bad right now, but it seems to be too clean. Usually. these women would have rougher skin and maybe even throw in a few scratches and scars or so. I love the texture details on the belly that you did and the musclature of the back. But one thing that bothers me are her clothes. The thong and the bra seems to be too hard and sharp. I suggest you model in a crease on her skin where the bra and thong straps on. This would show a better belongingness throught out the picture. Shadows will help too.

orion 77
04-17-2005, 10:14 PM
when am i taking your model for a drink? the skin shader is very good but id prefer the breasts to be bigger myself :)

vampeta
04-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Dimi.

Very ... very cool work on the body and textures!

There is only one thing that looks a bit strange 4 me at the moment.
The upper part of the body looks like the body from a sportswoman, and the lower part more like a woman who don,t went to the gym very often. Looks a bit that he is only training her upper muscles. (i like more the lower part... looks more feminine ;) but that is personal view ;) ) You can try to make her upper body less muscularly or the lower part a bit more then it would be fit perfect together... but thatīs up to you ;)

Nethertheless she looks awesome! and i like her face. Do you know Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog - John Carpenter) looks a bit similar to her!

Great Work Man!
Donīt stop rocking :buttrock:
Alex

Micro26
04-17-2005, 11:11 PM
OMG this is fantastic texturing:thumbsup: .
U re not using voodoo instead of software are u?
:bounce: :thumbsup:

bealobo
04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
hi Dimitri!
what can I say.... NOTHING! I was shocked! Iīm still shocked! it looks soooooooo good!
:deal:
ok! hereīs one: is that a uv texture (image map), a procedural mix...?
youīre using XSI, right?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-17-2005, 11:54 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113778453_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1113778453_large.jpg)

...ok..here is what i have promised to my friend gpepper and the rest of u who want to see the procedure i went through...it's not the smartest ..but i am trying to find my way in XSI so forgive me any mistakes...

...c&c are welcomed

gra7
04-18-2005, 12:35 AM
great dimitris.. i dont use xsi very much.. but i have shure that this will help me. !! thnxxx..

c ya !