PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Dimitris Liatsos

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Versiden
03-29-2005, 05:59 AM
always the best fom u Dimitris, excellent modelling!

flaeticia
03-29-2005, 06:07 AM
Always completed ! :thumbsup:
Whats the material of the part which stands out ? We would say about some leather, of part the fact that the folds of the skirt donot refer above : have I check ???:bounce:

Lemog
03-29-2005, 06:21 AM
My god ! but all the Greeks like that ?

It's certainly a god of the stadium, because I find it with a little too much big muscles, but I know that a god is not inevitably as muscular as me! Therefore, it's a choice. I find his hips a little too fine, he's strong of everywhere, but seem to have very small buttocks, I do an error ?

In any case, you're always one of the best modeler I've ever seen, you can continue to make us dream at the day when we will be good as you :)

Rawnoise
03-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Awesome work there friend.
I kind of have the impression of royalty when the term god comes up, so what if his clothes where decorated with gold and silver insignia and other stuff, you know, a litle bit of ionian and corinthian decoratives and the like?

Anyway it's way cool!!!:thumbsup:

splotch
03-29-2005, 06:49 AM
hey Dimitris thats really looks a Real master,

i love the body its really lookes strong and the mussels are fantastic
wish you more and more of luck ...keep going

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
:bounce: ...Hi friends.. thanks for the feedback ...i suspect that u are ok with this ..so i move on now..

@ alex.h. ...thanks man ..u are doing fantastic work man!

@ ace4016 ... hhahaha...no boots ...SANDALS ..feet out ..hhahahahaha

@ Kid Mesh ...hahaha ...in that case u should call me DADA:scream: ...thanks man...i am taking many lessons from your work...:thumbsup:

@ Wandddo ...Gracias amigo! :)

@ Versiden ...thanks man...:wavey: ...te character in your avatar is one of my favourites...:love:

@ flaeticia ... Hi Frenchy Girl :bounce: .....the material that stands out ..i think it will be some goldish or something in the color pref...i am thinking a lot of possibilities.....But the main purpose is this time to keep it SIMPLE and as elegant as possible....

@ Lemog....hhahh thanks monami.....BUTTOCKs...yes ..it needs work there...i am sorry i didn't have so much time last night (i got to work for a paycheck mostly this week..hheheeh)...BUT i will fix piece by piece ..and i have also to fix the muscle definitions here and there and back ..(it will be visible though in the back ..so that comes last)...:bounce:

@ Rawnoise ...About styles u say ..yes ..u are right ..i have opened some books i have about those styles..i am definitely gonna try that with his clothes...but the AMAZON...heheheh...that will be a different story...hahahahah...thanks friend.

@ splotch ...me Master...Noooooooooo.....just a humble 3d chippy guy in your neighbourhood...thanks though for the kind words....:)

icedeyes
03-29-2005, 09:15 AM
dimitri... It just looks extremelly nice and i am sure that by the time you finish you will have another great piece in your collection.. And the form is suited for ares even though in "reality"/myth he was limping and couldn't stand tall like that... :thumbsup:

Reinier
03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey dimitri... Great work on the muscles and skirt. I dont know what kind of material the skiirt is made off, but maybe a bit more definition in some folds... a little bit edgier.

Keep rocking :)

~ reinier

bealobo
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
skirt is a better idea than the pants, to me. Also, it looks very nice.

But please... next step the hands, it feels a bit... odd like that.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112098418_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112098418_large.jpg)

...some thoughts about him and stuff behind him...

Thanks for crits friends...
(Sidenote ..i didn't know that ARES was limbing ...mmmm..must make this visible or not?..hmmmmm..thanks)

1 ...Definition to skirt ripples...Will DO

2...Hands and feet and Sandals ..Will do too...

Comments and crits are welcomed.

Versiden
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
updates so quickly.. do u have a day job? hehe..

I like the gong behind Ares, it's a bit soft and rounded at the moment, is it temporary?

alex.h.
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
wow great progres dimitris, love it . see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112098879_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112098879_large.jpg)

...some thoughts about him and stuff behind him...

Thanks for crits friends...
(Sidenote ..i didn't know that ARES was limbing ...mmmm..must make this visible or not?..hmmmmm..thanks)

1 ...Definition to skirt ripples...Will DO

2...Hands and feet and Sandals ..Will do too...

Comments and crits are welcomed.

Jyzus
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Wow ! Great modeling here :thumbsup:
I feel like an humble servant in front of his master ! :)

icedeyes
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
hey again dimitri... no need to make him limb... Everybody knows Ares as the great god of war... I think it would ruin the myth if he didn't look that powerful... After all, a god should look powerful....

bealobo
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
wow, dimitri, you´re fast...

is the thing behind a little organic? maybe adding a couple of subdivisions...
but hey! I don´t feel comfortable making crits on a SUCH a good work like that.

The whole scene is being revealed with this detailed modelling and it is going to be amazing, I can´t wait to see the lighting!

monsitj
03-29-2005, 12:06 PM
My opinion is , element behind the man is definitely good Idea , it improve the strength and master of your charactor , and it fell like eastern god , which is my favourite:) some suggestion is just like bealobo said , now it's in the first stage , maybe you should go non-organic ,such as metal plate or wood plate , it will contrast whith the organic from of charactor muscle!
good luck , just my 2c , and sorry for poor english!

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys ...monsitj (and bealobo) haave a good point on the backdrop...not to be so organic...thanks man...have to work on this more indeed....but i am glad that helps more the power of the character in front.....So i will keep this and make it more sharp edged..

:bounce:

Reinier
03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
looks good mate... object behind ares fits right in.

~ reinier

Micro26
03-29-2005, 12:53 PM
your modeling skills are awesome.Good looking Aris so far mate..:thumbsup:

Brent3D
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Strong modeling. Don't let the work become to static and symetrical though. Try to establish a rhythm of some sort in your composition. Just some thoughts. Good Stuff.

Grimreaper1981
03-29-2005, 01:12 PM
definitly rocking...:drool:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112108820_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112108820_large.jpg)

....just following an old friends advice (U know u green olive eater) and quick setting up scene before continuing modeling , to see how scene builds up. I will also start trying camera angles for final View of this...so i can consetrate to what is visible and leave all other stuff out ...
Better now i think than last minute...:)

alex.h.
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
thats going to be brilliant, Dimitris, you rock. see you mate. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kid-Mesh
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Nice precursor to a great piece, That scene feels like the one in the "Ten commandments" where the Pharo was talking to his I guess you would call her his wife about asking Moses to heal their son.

Very inspiring and awesome work, your really cooking with gas now :thumbsup:

Atwooki
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
That's going to be just great, Dimitris...... :thumbsup:
Definitely a scene of some epic proportions, there - best of luck with it!

Atwooki

flyingP
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
(U know u green olive eater)

black :rolleyes:

and if you make that dress long enough you won't need to do his feet :lightbulb :D

JamesMK
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
and if you make that dress long enough you won't need to do his feet :lightbulb :D
It's your only chance - I suggest you take it :D

artman50
03-29-2005, 06:45 PM
crazy !!! i want to see this finished

BlackNull
03-29-2005, 07:09 PM
this thread is massive haha, if i don't check it out every day i'll be lost in all the pages, I see you've been working hard on this and it's coming along quite nicely, I like the fact you're setting up your scene to see how everything will fit in, I probably have to do that too as well. I've never been so excited about a challenge, it's as if we're all a big family reuniting from all over the world to do this. Good luck man, i'll be watching

scootermaya
03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
This is not the finished version ?
Well we can all stop right here ! He won allready ! :thumbsup:

Brent3D
03-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Now your talking. Rocking environment. Let the games begin!

flyingP
03-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Let the games begin!

UT2004 :bounce: :bounce:

icedeyes
03-29-2005, 07:55 PM
dimitri.... this keeps getting better and better...
And, by the way..... you used xsi this time??? this is very surpising knowing how fond you are of maya...

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 08:52 PM
@ alex.h. ...thanks man...it's really motivating and i am gratefull for that..:bounce:

@ Kid Mesh ... aaaahh ...yes?...haven't seen the movie...going tommorow to rent the dvd ...must check ...maybe one or two ggod ideas will pop out of this...:thumbsup:

@ Atwooki ...hey man thanks ...:)

@ flyingP , JamesMK .....bastardos....i will make feet and sandals...hhehehe...
and piggy ...UT2K4...arrghhh ..i wish i had some time for that these days...

@ artman50 ....thanks man....me too! :scream:

@ =BlackNull= ...oops the modeling beast ...man ..u are right ...it's really like a big party ....take it from a Challenge addict ...i never learn as my friends say...i never learn ...BUT I HAVE FUN ...wahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :bounce:...wish u the same ...watching your work very much!

@ scootermaya .... hahahaha...U and Lemog ...and Flaeticia ..are in trouble...i am coming to Paris this June...it's settled....U ARE in serious trouble...wahhhaaaaaa.

@ Brent3D ...game ...where ? :eek:...who ?..:scream: ...UT2k4 ...Far cry ...half life 2 ? what?...

@ icedeyes ...Yes indeed , but this is very hard...i am going straight ZBRUSH and XSI only .... it will be difficult for me...but what the heck ...i 'll will have a crash course in both apps...:wip::banghead:

Climax
03-29-2005, 10:05 PM
• Great set Dim, but the girl looks smokish, I knew u would be the first to finish...:beer:
Looking good Dim! keep it up!

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 11:10 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141433_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141433_large.jpg)

...Details on body (veins , mass here and there, fixing errors in back muscle mass....) and more definition on skirt ripples

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 11:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141573_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141573_large.jpg)

...Details on body (veins , mass here and there, fixing errors in back muscle mass....) and more definition on skirt ripples....continue

DimitrisLiatsos
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141722_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112141722_large.jpg)

...Details on body (veins , mass here and there, fixing errors in back muscle mass....) and more definition on skirt ripples.....that's for today...

Comments and crits always welcomed.

kru
03-29-2005, 11:23 PM
cool model, but he is so...
errr
anonymous
i mean he looks like mannequin not like a god. i hope it will change during the time

i keep my fingers crossed :)

kru

lotaH
03-30-2005, 12:49 AM
great man!!! congratulations!!!

[]`s

rattlesnake
03-30-2005, 01:09 AM
(JAW DROP) (LET ME PICK IT UP)

dam man...give us a chance!!...very impressive details on your model (JUW DROP AGAIN) (SORRY)

the face of this man is really expressive...good job my nut friend!!

Wintermute
03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
That's not a skirt! it's a KILT! ..oh wait..he's Greek, not Scottish or Irish? ...crap, nevermind, I don't know what they call those there.

Killer work Dimitris! I need to be much faster if I want to even think of catching up!

Nothing to crit so far! Keep the updates coming!

:beer:

Kid-Mesh
03-30-2005, 01:56 AM
cool model, but he is so...
errr
anonymous
i mean he looks like mannequin not like a god. i hope it will change during the time

i keep my fingers crossed :)

kru

Id kinda have to disagree with you on that :shrug:

This guy has a very egyptian type feel to him, and the character screams power, confidence and a conquering nature just by his posture alone. If that aint a starting receipe for a god then what is?

Keep it up Dimitri, I get pissed just looking at it :twisted:

DaddyMack
03-30-2005, 02:19 AM
I feel like ma ass is getting a good kikkin every time I come here...Thanks DimitrisLiatsos.
I have to agree that his facial features may really benefit from some 'beefing up' to give his head similar strength to his face. Keep the buttwippin coming:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lemog
03-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Good job mate... just two remarks... the line of the spinal column seem too much marked all length. The line of the buttocks is not aligned with that of the column, that's all, you can continue my friend. :bounce:

scootermaya
03-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Good job mate... just two remarks... the line of the spinal column seem too much marked all length. The line of the buttocks is not aligned with that of the column, that's all, you can continue my friend. :bounce:

Don't worry Dim ! when you gonna start the godess he will have less remark to do !

On my side, I think he looks great :scream: . Ok, the same remark as Lolo for the back, and maybe the cord of the medal could be a litle more tense, non?

hahahaha...U and Lemog ...and Flaeticia ..are in trouble...i am coming to Paris this June...it's settled....U ARE in serious trouble...wahhhaaaaaa.

You know, we do have something like Ouzo here !:scream: Who 's in trouble now !:twisted:

JamesMK
03-30-2005, 07:15 AM
Greek kilts eh? I knew something had to go wrong here at some point :D

He looks great, very godlike (GODLIKE) though slightly gay :D - Anatomical bugs already mentioned... needs pierced nipples.

icedeyes
03-30-2005, 07:39 AM
looks great dimitri only one comment on my part... the area where the torso and the hand meet, must be buldged a little inwards (or it might just be me...)... :thumbsup:

monkeysweat
03-30-2005, 07:45 AM
just a little thing... it seems as though his biceps are kinda short. or maybe it's the whole upper arm. the rest looks really good!

DimitrisLiatsos
03-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Kru ..thanks friend..hmmm..i keep them crossed too :scream:

That Crazy Frencies are right...sorry for the spine-bottocks error line...lol...it was late and i was bit ....Whiskeyed :scream: .....i 'll fix that..thanks monami &..errr...monami

lotaH ... thanks friend...but Congrats only after the fat lady sings (...i finish the final image) :)
rattlesnake ... :wavey:

Wintermute ...
That's not a skirt! it's a KILT! ..oh wait..he's Greek, not Scottish or Irish? ...crap, nevermind, I don't know what they call those there.

......wahaahhahaha ...thanks man

Kid Mesh ...:deal: i 'll keep going but if it get u pissed ...better i should stop my friend..:scream: (thanks man)

DaddyMack ... thanks man...true..i am experimenting a lot on
" his face beefing up a bit "possibilities ...:)

JamesMK ...Gotcha....pierced nipples....:eek: .....sick bastard :scream: ....errr ..on second thought, let try that.....hehehe

icedeyes ...i think u have a good eye on this ...but this is mainly a trick of the light position i have in ZBRUSH and the angle of body (if i understood correctly)...i think it's ok..if continues to show problematic in other posts...please say it again...

monkeysweat ...thansk friend ..i don't thing so but take a look at this and maybe i miss something and of course i will fix it if i have done an error...(bythe way his hands are a bit open and in a front angle too ..not tottaly side of the body ) ...also all body builders have the problem that from the many muscles their hands tend to show a bit short ...'cuase they can't close them...hahahah....take a look

http://www.fitbygeno.com/images/Bodybuilders_Anatomy_Chart-8in.jpg

Scootermaya and Lemog ... oh goody....like OUZO?...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

overcontrast
03-30-2005, 10:01 AM
nice modleing man... its really taking shape.. keep goin buddy, ur goinblazing fast...

aliasali
03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
awesome modelling man!
i really loved it!:D!:D keep up the nice work!:thumbsup:

Lemog
03-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Scootermaya and Lemog ... oh goody....like OUZO?...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:bounce: See us after that...

Reinier
03-30-2005, 10:13 AM
looks good dimitri... good work on the muscles. :thumbsup:

~ Reindeer

Tranchefeux
03-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi,
Nothing with saying, just super I waits to see the continuation
with attention, Good luck. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kmest
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
hi dimitris....it's going realy nice dude...kepp going..non stop....
the environment scene looks realy fine... :thumbsup:
and the Man's body looks Great.his muscles looks realy nice.....good modeling

only one suggestion...i hope it helps...i didnt knew how to say it so i tried to show it....

http://xs22.xs.to/pics/05133/Demitriforheplpolo.JPG.xs.jpg (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs22&d=05133&f=Demitriforheplpolo.JPG)

only my opinion....maybe it's not what you had in mind...but i think it worth saying.. :shrug:

anyway..Good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

YasushAzush
03-30-2005, 07:38 PM
nothing to say .......perfect :thumbsup:

markovicd
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
looking really sexy / smooth dimi , really like this god! :)

vampeta
03-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Jaiks! :eek: AWESOME!!

Your Modeling skills are killing me 2 ;):thumbsup:
Next boxx is yours i swear ;)

Weiter so
Alex

SUN
03-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Yes it is for sure Greek Gud
it is the Mr. Olympia :bounce: :buttrock:
The muscles looks fine to me
And very nice clothes.

lotaH
03-30-2005, 10:48 PM
lotaH ... thanks friend...but Congrats only after the fat lady sings (...i finish the final image) :)

You are right...we should wait for the end. But the masculine model is very good...besides the anatomy class. ;)

I wait a lot to see the class of feminine anatomy....hehehe :bounce:

You have the more authenticate model of this contest...with certainty...congratulations...

He is very real...

I know that some competitive ones like to flee of the reality, but you not..

[] ' s

Vanzeti
03-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Your Making great time, the contest has only been up for about 9 days. The model looks good.

Shard

gra7
03-30-2005, 11:29 PM
coolll modeling !!!

waiting for moreee dimitris !!
c ya !

Climax
03-31-2005, 01:03 AM
• Well done Dim! Good modeling, and thanks for showing us your reference, You deserve another Olive for this :thumbsup:, Keep going Pal! :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-31-2005, 09:42 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112265776_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112265776_large.jpg)

...argghh...worked about a hour on him last night ...made hand and a first thought about weapon...i am working later today, if i have some free, time on his feet...

The bracelets on his arms will be sculpted more with ornaments on and stuff but i put it anyway in this post so that u can see where i am heading with his design.....hands are very basic and smoothed ...'cuase with what his weapon will have on i don't think they will be very visible...eheheh..

Fixed the cord of the ornament he wears to his neck and the back line that Scootermaya and Lemog, JamesMK said (thanks guys... :) )

Sorry for not answering right now to every one ..i am running between studios like nuts..arghhh....will answer later tonight...Have fun

comments and crits are welcomed.

Tremoside
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
You're a great insspiration source. Those mushles man! He is really powerful, not just on a physical way..those eyes and the pose are right choice! Have calm day....

ace4016
03-31-2005, 10:29 AM
Nice going on the hands, and the fixes. Looks like you modeling a bow. One day I'll be able to model like you, one day.......

flyingP
03-31-2005, 10:30 AM
i am running between studios like nuts..arghhh

post photo's please.......never seen nuts run before :D

JamesMK
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Found one:

http://classic-nuts.wesgayle.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/peanut_guy_running_hg_clr.gif

flyingP
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
just needs the cigarette and glasses now :D

SUN
03-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by flyingP

Hahahaha :wip: :)
......................RUN nuts run ...

scootermaya
03-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Found one:

http://classic-nuts.wesgayle.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/peanut_guy_running_hg_clr.gif

EXCELLENT ! I can picture Dimitris now ! :scream:

kirouac
03-31-2005, 12:52 PM
awesome mod dude!!! :thumbsup:

I hope u will kick ass in texturing i want to see a work of art!

DimitrisLiatsos
03-31-2005, 12:53 PM
:scream: :scream: :scream: ....bastardos....:scream: :scream: :scream: ....continues running.........................laterz

goktugg
03-31-2005, 01:11 PM
very well:thumbsup:looking great;good job
good luck

adel3d
03-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Excellent progress!
Look forward to seeing other steps:)

aliasali
03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Great man! its so great! u have a greate modelling skill!

keep up the nice work...

Kanga
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Looks really good Dimitris!

I saw your setup and the god is standing further away so it wont be an issue, but the anatomy could be varied a bit more in terms of sharp creases. What I mean is over the body the creases are a bit too much like each other. I think his body could use a sharper fold here and there,..... not all over.

Hands looking great!

FIVE IS THE NUMMBER,.... YEAH MAN :thumbsup:

Deadlyforce
03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Good luck man !
This is already some excellent work ! :thumbsup:

Cya !

TheFirstAngel
03-31-2005, 03:37 PM

i was looking trough my holliday pics from greece, and spoted one. they are small and very fast so a bit hard to make out. sometimes they run around in small herds, most of the time running in weird circle around the nutsopolis, but rarely can be seen also on the countryside....

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/nut-opolis.jpg

gpepper
03-31-2005, 04:11 PM
i was looking trough my holliday pics from greece, and spoted one. they are small and very fast so a bit hard to make out. sometimes they run around in small herds, most of the time running in weird circle around the nutsopolis, but rarely can be seen also on the countryside....

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/nut-opolis.jpg
Excellent !

Hey my friend of greece, master of bubbles ! U've done a really cool job at this time ! let's see what's next ! :thumbsup:

kmest
03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
exelent wrok dimitris......:thumbsup:..keep running & running & running & running & running & ......(were do they always run?(Angellina jolie in GIA) ) :rolleyes:

@sacha the1st_angel:hahahaaaaaaaa realy funny buddy :applause: it took a minute or two that i understand that..hahahaaaaa

pixelkeg
03-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Looks like it's coming along nicely. :)

Climax
03-31-2005, 05:09 PM
• Geat update Dim, I feel legs are a bit short, but if u say u are gonna work in his feet i'll wait to see how it comes, nice picture of you there in athens lol, I thought you were taller :D and I was wondering why they tell u potato head, now I see a photo of you I get it !:eek:

sonicstrawbery
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey Dimitris, the last update is really strong !! Perfect anatomy study man, and nice work with zbrush ! You're a true master man :buttrock:

SUN
03-31-2005, 10:59 PM
:) :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIMITRI :) :)
:beer: ok birthday party in CGtalk:beer:

Micro26
03-31-2005, 11:12 PM
happy bithday from me dude.Best wishes :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-31-2005, 11:18 PM
:eek::eek: ..wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....How did u know man that today is my Birthday...

........sniff...i ...am touched...:buttrock:....Thanks guys...really ..i don't know what to say...

Yes ..Furt...today i am FULL 37 Bubbles...oh man..life 's to short to be taken serious...

Thanks guys really...SUN ...i am coming at the end of April up in Thessalonika...PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:beer::beer:

U NUTS ...Don't u ever sleep? ...it's 3.30 in the morning.....:D

SDIMIS
03-31-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi Dimitri,
The God Looks Great.Good luck to you to.For sure we have fun!

Aethyrprime
03-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Coming along nicely. Man you just got mad skillz brutha! Keep it up man.

lotaH
04-01-2005, 12:05 AM
is April 1 your birthday??...Congratulations!!! :beer:

In Brasil, April 1 is the fools' day...hehehe...you don't seem anything fool Dimitris....hehehehe...

[]`s

Climax
04-01-2005, 12:53 AM
• Happy Bithday Potato head, even if u don't visit me or answer my replies in your thread or connect to msn again, I WISH U A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
:beer: :beer:

Kid-Mesh
04-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Happy B-Day Dimi ...Have a Drink on me :beer:

Your last update was friggin incredible....please stop it already :twisted:

Wandddo
04-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Happy Birthday to u, guy! And about your work, great!!! :D c ya

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Haaapyyyy Biiiiiiiirthdayyy y dear dimi :beer:! haapyyy birthdayyy to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!:scream: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :scream: :beer: 373737 bottles of ouzo and the same amout of best wishes!!!

gpepper
04-01-2005, 04:58 AM
Na ta ekatostisis !

Is it good ? :thumbsup:

JamesMK
04-01-2005, 05:35 AM
37 eh? Welcome to the club :beer:

Happy birthday, greek!

icedeyes
04-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Xronia polla... na ziseis kai na se xairontai osoi se agapane dimitri.... Den exei smilies tourtitsa dystyxos....:applause:

alex.h.
04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
looks great dimitris, and a litle late but,happy birthday. see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

scootermaya
04-01-2005, 06:06 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :scream:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :thumbsup:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :bounce:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :buttrock:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! :D

mr_carl
04-01-2005, 06:12 AM
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY

TO YOU!
:thumbsup:

Great progress as always Dim :applause:

Carl.

kmest
04-01-2005, 06:36 AM
heh? :eek: it's your birthday party? :bounce: :bounce:happy happy birthyday :wip:
i wish you more happier birthday than others did ;) :p :bounce:

what do the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" means in greek?

Lemog
04-01-2005, 06:40 AM
http://lemog.free.fr/divers/anniv_dimi800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/divers/anniv_dimi1600.jpg)

Permit us, my friend Potatoe Head Dimitris, to offer you for your birtday these new colored hairs, of the part of all frenchy nuts... :scream:

Goul
04-01-2005, 06:56 AM
:beer: Happy birthday :beer:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-01-2005, 09:09 AM
SUN_ the1st_angel _ kmest _ scootermaya _ alex.h. _ gpepper _ lotaH _ Climax _ Kid Mesh

Wandddo _ mr_carl _ JamesMK _ icedeyes _ Goul _ Lemoooog :scream:

Wahahaaaaaaaaaaa...SNIFF...U guys rock :buttrock: .....thanks guys....this really made me have a biig smile today morning when i saw this....This was really something ....THANK U

U Frenchy NUTS...wahaaaa ...thanks for the PIC....i am coming soon...wahhhaaaa:bounce:

...I am going to buy Some Botlles of Whiskey for tonights little party at home :scream: :beer: :banghead: :twisted: :surprised :drool: .....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

THANK U FRIENDS ..U made my day !

scootermaya
04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
...I am going to buy Some Botlles of Whiskey for tonights little party at home :scream: :beer: :banghead: :twisted: :surprised :drool: .....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

THANK U FRIENDS ..U made my day !

Hahahaha ! I gess we are not going to have some update for a wile !:scream: :hmm:

Lemog
04-01-2005, 09:30 AM
I imagine Dimitris head, tomorrow, as spare parts... hahahahaha :scream:

Climax
04-01-2005, 09:38 AM
I imagine Dimitris head, tomorrow, as spare parts... hahahahaha :scream:

• As Potato french fries :scream:

nebezial
04-01-2005, 09:41 AM
man this is some serious anatomical precision:thumbsup: eeexcellent!

Atwooki
04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey Dimitris - Happy Birthday, Dude :scream::scream::scream:

37? - Bloody youngsters :rolleyes:

Chris - - - Have a Great Day; then back to the Challenge !

sonicstrawbery
04-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Hahahaha Happy Birthday Dimitris, Enjoy the night ! :bounce::bounce::banghead::beer:

Antropus
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Oooooooops... a little late :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIMI! :beer: :bounce: :beer:

vampeta
04-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Hmm... some cool dude is getting older today?!

Cheers ... :beer: :beer: :beer: & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

eddieellis
04-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Happy birthday dude

Hooch
04-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Always good to see your work man. :thumbsup:

Rawnoise
04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Xronia polla kai na ta ekatostiseis, an kai to eida ligo arga.
Na eisai panta dimiourgikos, gia na vlepoume kai na goustaroume!!!:buttrock:

syb3r
04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
xronia polla!
poly kalo to montelo an kai xriazete ligo pio poly prosoxh ka8os oi flebes fenonte yperbolika kata thn gnomh mou. kalh synexia :)

overcontrast
04-01-2005, 12:47 PM
HEY dimi nice going man, its really taking shape!!... i like the guys physics... and good style too... keep up the gr8 works... c ya around :thumbsup:

JamesMK
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
I bet he's really, really hung over now...

Kanga
04-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Now he's
6!

sergioKomic
04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Happy Bday :bounce: :buttrock: :applause: :beer: :arteest: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

mosconariz
04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Dimitri, your CG Talk's yesterday party was so intense that I have a heavy head ache today... :sad:

Oh, I forgot it!

Happy Birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :applause:

markovicd
04-01-2005, 03:58 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIMI!!! :bounce: :applause: , now... where is the cake ? :D

Squibbit
04-01-2005, 04:29 PM
happy birthday dude (no april fool?):D
:beer:

SUN
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Dimitris Liatsos
:eek::eek: ..wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....How did u know man that today is my Birthday...

U Have Public Profile :) And all me Friends ar in my mobile and if someone has Birthday... my mobile informs me HAhaha:)

Originally Posted by Dimitris Liatsos
SUN ...i am coming at the end of April up in Thessalonika...PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

If u want end of April it is ok for me
But if u want more Fun come in SUMMER :twisted: :twisted:
Or better come end of April and in Summer :)

Originally Posted by markovicd
now... where is the cake ? :D
EEEiiiiiiii Not just cake but Potatoe Head cake from Grand shef Lemog :)

http://lemog.free.fr/divers/anniv_dimi800.jpg

Xtronik
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
LOL
It seems the real birthday party is in here

Happy Birthday Dim! :thumbsup:

ace4016
04-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Happy b-day dim:wavey: .

Joebount
04-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Happy birthday ! :)

rusaru
04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
haha, happy birthday from me too.

i was following your work from GSO and am also following your work now (reminds me a lil bit to stargate ... ) not bad man, not bad

and now fight the headache from the party with much coffee and new updates...

good luck man

tilite
04-02-2005, 05:00 AM
:applause: Happy Birthday Man:applause:

:wise: "may this best of days bring u the best of dreams"...a :deal: .. lol

take care mate

Agamemnwn
04-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Happy Birthday, Dimitris. Good luck on the challenge.

Xronia polla na ta ekatostiseis, kalh epituxia.

flyingP
04-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I bet he's really, really hung over now...

don't think you'd have much chance of losing that one ;) :D

oh and what the rest said Greek dude :D

ps
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Little late but...
Happy Birthday!

Great image :thumbsup:

Geepas
04-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey GREAT sketch mate

Squibbit
04-02-2005, 10:03 PM
hey u old kangaroo where are u ? partying ?

KryHoo
04-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Fantastic work. You're a God of modeling. How long did you make that tough guy? It looks brilliant.

Nazirull
04-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Happy Birthday Dim! and nice to see u here again and that guy is meaaannn!!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-03-2005, 02:03 PM
BOO!

Thanks u guys ...really don't know what to say....u rock :buttrock:

Now that i am out of the total hangover :D:D (it took me two days to get better...LOL)...i will be updating again from later tonight... (have feet and Sandals ready..i just want to work on his weapon before posting)

BOOOHOOOO...i am in the 38 year of my life now ...sssiiish :cry:

lotaH
04-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Now that i am out of the total hangover :D:D (it took me two days to get better...LOL)

Avoid the hangover, stay drunk!! ... lol

Good work.

[]'s

TheFirstAngel
04-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Avoid the hangover, stay drunk!! ... lol

a wise advice. muahahahaha
only 2 days. what a lame party.... :P next time we make sure you have 38 days of hangover so we have a chance for a good place too ;)

work nuts greek! bring it on! go dimi go!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-03-2005, 11:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112569897_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112569897_large.jpg)

...modeled foot and Sandal...

Hope u like it..

DimitrisLiatsos
04-03-2005, 11:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112570235_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112570235_large.jpg)

New Ornament Behind ARES...i think the other one looked a bit ...off.

Comments and crits are welcomed

DimitrisLiatsos
04-03-2005, 11:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112570835_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112570835_large.jpg)

...also a though on Columns of Temple....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-03-2005, 11:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112571140_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112571140_large.jpg)

Front view ...

Comments and Crits are welcomed...

Micro26
04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
very good updates dimi:bounce:

the sandals and feet models are amazing:thumbsup:
keep rocking:buttrock:

Climax
04-04-2005, 12:13 AM
• I like that rosette, it seem beer does good on you, I feel that the man is still short, but it may be because of this wide chest, architecture design is based on a real ancient culture, or is it a design of your own?, i like it :thumbsup:, keep it up Dim! and continue having fun after ur B-day!

Kid-Mesh
04-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Jeez, why are you even in the contest? SECRUITY! ....escort this young man off the website please! j/k

LOL, friggin awesome....Im hating you right now :D

Neeno
04-04-2005, 01:20 AM
dude this is looking great... sandles are very clean ... the rosette thing looks fanastic!! the scene is really coming alive great stuff

tilite
04-04-2005, 02:48 AM
kid has a point, this is too good. great job.:thumbsup:

Aethyrprime
04-04-2005, 03:18 AM
Happy b-lated birthday! Great progress so far. I have one tiny little suggestion. The wrinkles on the garment don't look right to me. Wrinkles generally have to do with undersurface distortion. Basically if nothing is rigid below it, it should be straight. The exception being long (vertically) flowing curves from the belt-line. At the moment it looks like he slept in his kilt.. ;)

monsitj
04-04-2005, 04:52 AM
this is the significant update! here is my point, lighting is great ,
first thing I spot is spiral thing at the back , it's look better from previous version , I suggest you use vary size of diamater ,now it's look
constant , and outer small sprial , I think you should use different element , maybe a different primitive in zbrush? now it look repetitive ,and his cloth is a little bit solid , you can improve dynamic and detail to this , maybe you have another plan for it ,
, I think this update is very great and I see potential to develop further more with your skill , Im sure it will come out perfect ,
I capture and paint over , this is what I mean , I'm very serious to paint over the orther artist 's work , I didn't mean to ruin your work , reply me if you want to take it down, just my opionion friend:bounce:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/monsitj/dimi.jpg

Samuraikuroi
04-04-2005, 05:00 AM
Dimitris this looks so great! cant wait to see the finish piece. :thumbsup:

KryHoo
04-04-2005, 05:09 AM
I like the details. Legs are excellent. I think the light should be a strong point of the scene. Keep on workin' :) Great modeling.

Lemog
04-04-2005, 06:48 AM
All days, your better Dimi... what to say ? but I'm a little bit ok with monsitj... cause Greek's art produces very rigid things and very right-hand sides, the Thaï's art made things of curved, light and flown away lines, I think that a blend of the 2 will give a lighter result, with much of dynamics, why not. (in any event, I like these 2 arts:) )
When the Greek force meets the grace Thaï... :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
04-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Dimi, I agree with monsitj's idea , not with the execution of it, (beeing Gr:eek: )
so mix Idea with greek architexture and well have a winner.....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-04-2005, 09:54 AM
@ Mr Micro26 ...heeey man, thanks..:)

@ Climax ...thanks friend...he looks short to u...i remember u said that but i thought that when u would see him with his sandals and feet it would be ok...it isn't ? I think he is ok but i will take a closer look on his proportions....maybe 'cuase of his wide chest he needs some height..i will check this :)

@ Kid Mesh .... hahaahha...u hate me ?...wahhaaaaaaa...no man ...i don't believe u ..But thanks for the compliment :bounce:

@ Neeno, tilite ..thanks guys

@ ||) |V| |^| ...thanks friend...i 'll see what i can do to stop this feeling on his kilt(skirt)...although with textures and final lighting i think it will show better ,but i 'll your points in my mind for experimenting more on this...:)

@ Samuraikuroi, KryHoo ...thanks friends and KryHoo ..u are right ..light will be a veeery strong element on this scene..:bounce:

@ monsitj & Lemog ...monsitj ..u have a very good point my friend here , and i don't mind for the paint over ...instead i must say THANKS...:) ...u are giving me a new perspective an idea on presenting ARES ...u have mixed as Lemog says the two elements ..Greek and Thai ...I couldn't see what more could be done with him until i see your paint over on the kilt ...those ribbons of cloth waving away from him ...It's giving him a lot of power and Hero pose.....Man thanks...this is something i will work on ....Excellent idea and i have to admit that i haven't thought of this at all....Excellent ...u are giving me new perspective...weeeeee .
About ornament behind him...again u are right ...i better add some new new elements that popped out of my head when i saw your paint over....And as Lemog so elegantly said ...i am curious to see the Thai grace in mix with the Greek force . Thanks friends..u really did give me new perspective on his design....:bounce: ....

overcontrast
04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
hey DIMI hows it going man... ur models r looking really gr8... love that structure in the background... and ur character is good too... i really like that last idea... it looks more styish, unique and dynamic... anywas keep updating, i'll b back for more updates and best of luck my friend!

jddog
04-04-2005, 10:23 AM
you are doing a wonderful work Dimitris ! :applause:
jdd

Versiden
04-04-2005, 10:25 AM
heya
great updates and the lighting is well done

his lower body looks too small to support his upper body in my opinion. In terms of height, it's a bit too short

Micro26
04-04-2005, 10:26 AM
yeap , maybe this kind of cloth styling gives your character a more aggresive look.
cant wait to see you update dimi:scream:

MDN67
04-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Very beautiful image, I wait with impatient person for first texture. A single criticism, it seems to me that the legs of character are too short with regard to the trunk, but it is can be that an impression

DimitrisLiatsos
04-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Hey ..thanks for the feedback guys ...it seems that many of u have the same crit about his height (lower body part)...so u got me thinking to fix this first ...i am on to it :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :bounce:

splotch
04-04-2005, 12:28 PM
hey dimi,

you are doing great job, i like your work
awsome man wanna see more
wish you the best always
keep it on

Tremoside
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Ahoj,

Nice work on the backround stuff. Relly impressive and powerful. Fearsome monumentality...
Happy nuts day again!

KangarooMan
04-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Very cool and beautiful imagery, great composition. :applause:

mecman
04-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Nice attention to details dimitris! Congrats man!
Keep it up with the good work!

manjang
04-04-2005, 05:25 PM
nice work Good luck!!!

BlackNull
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
hey buddy, lots of details added since I checked, I like it a lot actually, the twirly motifs in the back add an interesting spice to the piece and it's all coming together now. Great job and improvement :thumbsup:

shtl
04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry for posting unusefull blabla....:blush:
followed silently since a while, your work is incredible, technically perfect, plus a powerfull feeling in your images.... each time i come around i want to post my admirative "huyyaa" but every time it's so much better and better. And this mix of greek and thai art sounds very very very promising. Happy to follow your thread. Thanks a lot for such images, delightfull. :bowdown:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks friends, i am tottaly honored to hear all this , i hope i won't dissapoint u:deal: ...i was tottaly busy all day with work but now i am on this (at least until i fall down from total loss of energy...lol) ..The design that monsitj suggests in his paint over is an amazing idea...i wanna see how i will handle all this cloth coming with grace out of his body and to the left of the image ...i find this amazingly challenging...

monsitj ..my friend ..u made me loos my sleep ..hahahahah :bounce: :thumbsup:

Updating soon

bealobo
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
wow, you´ve changed the design A LOT!
now it´s more stylized and looks great too, perhaps it reminds me of persa things (not having checked any reference etc)
excellent work

Cygnus-X
04-04-2005, 09:29 PM
WOWWWWWW!! that's completly nutss man :buttrock: wow this is fantastic my friend keep it up

Deadlyforce
04-04-2005, 10:11 PM
This is insanely good but I have a little crit about the background :

as someone already said, it seems a little repetitive. I can imagine also that you will put wonderful textures on it but the "cables" look very much like telephone wires.

This is really the only thing I can crit here because everything else is awesome.
Impressive modeling skills you have ! :eek:

DimitrisLiatsos
04-04-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112655375_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112655375_large.jpg)

....started working on the idea suggested...it works like a charm ...

DimitrisLiatsos
04-04-2005, 10:58 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112655520_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112655520_large.jpg)

...Though i post this from XSI before i go to ZB....this is getting more dynamic i think...in any case i am very excited with
the evolution of ARES model...

...C&C always been usefull..

goktugg
04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
wow! looking perfect:thumbsup:

Eugen
04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
OMG its looks very nice!

Micro26
04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
yeap this is definitly the right direction your re on:wip:
awesome :thumbsup:

Neliox
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
impressive job :)

Very nice :)

Go on!! I want more!!! :p

gra7
04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
cool modeling and background..

waiting to see more..
c ya !

vampeta
04-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Awesome :drool:

Dude do you have no dayjob??!! my good it seems that you are modeling 24 hours a day 31 days in a month... wait... you must be a vampire ore something else that need no sleep... ;)

P.s: Your work is awesome realy !! i love it!! Please don´t stop!!

See ya
Alex

lotaH
04-05-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes!!

This post is the best!! Congratulations!!:thumbsup:

[]'s

Slav
04-05-2005, 01:08 AM
extremely well done image. i cant wait for the rest of the updates!

monsitj
04-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Hi , DImi, I'm glad that my point is useful to you ,and you push it a lot more further!! great man! with this base model of cloth and refine in zbrush ,I can't imagine what will come out!! I'm glad to see your entry grow in the good way , but I still have no idea about my entry :cry: hehehe , get back to work ,Haa good luck Dimmi

alex.h.
04-05-2005, 04:01 AM
wow hes a killer, love it, great flow on cloth, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-05-2005, 04:44 AM
The latest updates are very positive... you must continue in this way... that's really rocks Dimi... let's go :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ace4016
04-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Looks like the presence of Ares alone is making the clothes move that way, great job. BTW, what will his weapon be exactly?

gpepper
04-05-2005, 05:58 AM
Great job man ! A very complex scene ! :applause:

flyingP
04-05-2005, 07:19 AM
well that is just pretty damn cool :bounce: , just one little wee crit, the pose looks a bit stiff IMO :)

tilite
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
GAZOOSE! so much has changed since i last checked it out. well actually not that much but his new cloak is amazing... that is a brilliant touch, such a powerful gesture. great work. have to keep an eye on this more closely. have u done much thinking owards materials and colors???... wouldnt mind to see (just in text) what u got in mind.

great piece:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Xtronik
04-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Pas na mas arrosthseis reeeee?
pw pw................................!

Fred76
04-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Great and amazing work :thumbsup:
Waiting to see more ...

eddieellis
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
dude, this is looking so good, really looking forward to seeing how you tackle texturing

DimitrisLiatsos
04-05-2005, 12:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112703284_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112703284_large.jpg)

Made changes on Ornament behind ARES...i think if u haven't any strong crits on this that it's finished modeling wise....

Thanks again my Thai friend for his wonderfull suggestion on this....

DimitrisLiatsos
04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112703526_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112703526_large.jpg)

Scene updated with up to now work...i have to work now on ZB his cloth and make his weapon....next step will be to start modeling the Amazon Lady - Mina..

Comments and crits are always welcomed...

MDN67
04-05-2005, 12:26 PM
wonderfull scene, and now, the proportion of the body are good, i wait the texture

mikkislehtola
04-05-2005, 12:29 PM
:bowdown: aaaaawsome! Like especially the muscles and the veins. The fabrics movement looks also very good...

Who is the dude in right-bottom corner?

Keep on the good work!

VladPascanu
04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
just great
maybe turning his head a bit but with eyes still on the viewer

Ellon
04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Perfect modeling and scene!
But I don't understood idea

Micro26
04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
love those details behind Aris:thumbsup:
keep it up

sonicstrawbery
04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
It's coming better and better and better and better............

Your work is amazing Dimitris :bounce::bounce:

arLutiK
04-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Awesome modeling dude, great work. :thumbsup:

A12
04-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Great level of detail in the environment. Now that your Master is anatomicaly close to perfect, you can add some real world qualities to his form. Such as a not so flat abdominal area (even muscle builders have some sag or curve of shape to there abdomen). Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing more.

kmest
04-05-2005, 03:38 PM
WOWWWWWWW.......:eek::eek:....
this is realy fantastic dimitris.....what have you done????

i like it....just ...like it......great work....so you have desided to catch that BOXX???:applause::applause:

keep it up buddy,,,i have my eyes on you:thumbsup:

Mandrake
04-05-2005, 04:43 PM
great work so far.. keep up:thumbsup:

ps
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Great image!!! :applause:
Amazing clothes, and I love ornament in background :love:

JamesMK
04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm really happy to see these last updates, Dimitris Nutcase... Looking ace!

The flowing cloth is the icing that will make this cake both tasty and nutritious. For further inspiration, unless you've seen it already, Tarsem Singh's movie "The Cell" has the coolest visual use of cloth like this... it's good enough to make you go arrgh arrgh arrgh :D

manjang
04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh!!! very great model with great detail!!

DimitrisLiatsos
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
@ MDN67 ...thanks friend...texturing this ...will be ...:banghead:

@ mikkislehtola ...thank u ...i am trying to visualize this the best i can....the small fellow is me on the right corner ..heheheh

@ bombeu ...yup ...as FlyingP said ..he is a bit static now..i 'll see what i can do about it.

@ Ellon ..thanks....u don't understand the idea ?....check concept drawing..i have to make his servant lady Amazon...:)...then u will get it..

@ Mr Micro26 ,cipher, arlutik...:beer:

@ Brent_3D ..thanks...u are right ..i will do something about it soon :)

@ kmest ... nno no no ..not me my friend..there are far better artists among u here ...but i am in for the fun and learning for sure...:beer:

@ Mandrake .... MAAAaaaster :bowdown:...yeeess master ....:wavey: ...get in to this soon please....I wanna hear Maya Poly Crunching :love:

@ ps.pl ...thank u friend

@ WABBIT A.K.A JamesMK ...i am happy man u find the cloth nutricious :scream:...u want me to see "THE CELL"...bastard ..u just betrayed my color - texture pallete on this.....Are u in my freaking mind man...get out! ...Microwitz! :scream:

madshooter
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
DimitrisLiatsos, man your scene is rocking, it has a kind of cinematic feel. can't wait to see it textured, Keep rocking:thumbsup:

Ellon
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
ok, I wait Amazon :)

Poju
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Oh man, great work Dimi!
(this thread is to long tough)

I cant wait servants ass :)

Now u need little... (http://img164.exs.cx/img164/5278/Coffee.jpg)

SDIMIS
04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Great work Dimitri,

the only thing is the big cloth in his left side of the skirt.I think it doesnt flow naturally since it has a sharp rotation almost to 180 degrees.Also his foot I would like to be not in the same line but one slightly behind of the other,so it can give a movement feeling and it can match with the movement of the clothes.

Congratz.:thumbsup:

kmest
04-05-2005, 09:43 PM
@ kmest ... nno no no ..not me my friend..there are far better artists among u here ...but i am in for the fun and learning for sure...:beer:

hahahaaaaa :bounce: just kidding......................and neither DO i :beer:

Wandddo
04-06-2005, 03:40 AM
Hi Dimitris! Very impressive background man!!!:buttrock: But a little observation,if it allows me.. the legs on the character seem a little short... Keep it up, man!:thumbsup:
Cheers

safe05
04-06-2005, 04:22 AM
Really nice comp and modeling, Dimitris. I particularly like the cloth that flow up and around the character. nice touch. :thumbsup:

tilite
04-06-2005, 05:07 AM
this is great modeling... ure moving at quite a pace too! so have u got any colours in mind yet?

el-newty
04-06-2005, 05:16 AM
Dimitris, your work is... is... GREAT!!! :thumbsup:
Wow, I'm speechless.

cheers.

BTW, the backgroun is great too, all the details, ropes, and decorations... wow, you are a great modeler ;)

DimitrisLiatsos
04-06-2005, 11:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112787843_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112787843_large.jpg)

..Started ARES weapon....a mixture of Bow and twin axe.....

I'll post all together to see how it looks...

C&C are welcomed...

JamesMK
04-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Wicked sick - I want that bowaxe for close encounters in UT :D

flyingP
04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Wicked sick - I want that bowaxe for close encounters in UT :D

and you'd still get your arse fragged :D

tilite
04-06-2005, 01:01 PM
wow.. im overwhelmed by that weapon. thats extreemly creative:arteest:

my only problem is the practicallity of the bow, not the weight im sure ares can handle that, more... how so u hold it?

Lemog
04-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Hahahaha... impressive and powerfull new weapon for UT... and for Ares...

Good design Dimi... and that can also fly ? :scream:

monsitj
04-06-2005, 02:10 PM
nice design weapon ! dimi! wait for more!

shtl
04-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Terrific!

still no crits...
Can't wait to see it texturised:bounce:
Will tou go for an engraved material?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112799203_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112799203_large.jpg)

...scene so far...Insert weapon ...again tweaked stuff here and there...and i am also playing around with volume lights to experiment a bit on the light setup i am thinking...

Comments and crits are welcomed....

mecman
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Nice!! I love the light effect and the motion in his clothes!! amazing Dimitris!!

Nazirull
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Mean Dimi....really mean.....everything is fine....even the legs i guess...

Ur pace is always quick....and yeah...kewl weapon for UT!!!

Lemog
04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
At first view... one thing disturb my perception of the picture... the power... energy seem come of the background... and when we see his clothes... the energy of the scene seem to come by the right part...
...an another thing disturb me... the perfect alignment of column and cercle... maybe these columns are to near of him... of the circle... more far give certainly more deep of the composition, no ?

Anyway, it's always very powerfull Unkle Dimi :scream: maybe too much for me... hahahahaha...

HillbillyKing
04-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm blown away by this scene. It's really going to be nice. I love the lighting so far. I was looking hard at the image trying to come up with a critique or some input (besides, wow this rocks...) the only thing I could see was there's so much motion in the scene, the flowing of the fabric and the bursting forward of the light beams...the character seems to contrast that with the rigid stance he's got. That may be by design, but I could see the argument that his perfect straight posture makes him appear like an action figure. I wonder what a different pose would look like. (Keep in mind, just thinking outloud. I think it's looking Great!) Good work.

sergioKomic
04-06-2005, 05:45 PM
The wrinkles near his nose are weird :arteest:
I think he's right, but nobody will notice , right?:twisted:
John told me to congratulate you on the model...:bounce: :thumbsup:

Go on now show us some chick's :buttrock: (sans rock)!

alex.h.
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
looks great dimitris, love the light, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Climax
04-06-2005, 06:04 PM
• Hi Dim! everytime i come things are getting better and better! Good idea the volumetric light back there, it looks very impressive! I can't wait tro see the girl! :buttrock:

Micro26
04-06-2005, 06:05 PM
the lighting setup is awesome though there is something about the columns that doesnt seem to fit.The bow is just right for me:thumbsup:
Keep it up dimi.

Squibbit
04-06-2005, 06:09 PM
magnificient , dude, i worship :bowdown:

nice to see u been keepin busy and having a good time

eddieellis
04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
looking good my friend, looking good

DimitrisLiatsos
04-06-2005, 07:03 PM
At first view... one thing disturb my perception of the picture... the power... energy seem come of the background... and when we see his clothes... the energy of the scene seem to come by the right part...
...an another thing disturb me... the perfect alignment of column and cercle... maybe these columns are to near of him... of the circle... more far give certainly more deep of the composition, no ?...

My friend u are right in many point

A...Colums behind are very close ...they will go further behind...

B ... Light behind ...yes it's very strong ....i want the power of the wind and the feeling that comes from his clothes to be more strong..so volume light will fade down ..a lot

:thumbsup:...Merci monami.

@ mecman, maranello55, alex.h. ... :beer:.thanks guys for the encouragement.

@ HillbillyKing ..thanks friend...yes indeed ...it came having a lot of motion and he stands .....Like GOD...see my point ..hahahah ( i should be a Lawyer ..hahaha)...u may be right ..it's something that i think i can change easily ( i think :D) at final image setup...

@ sergioKomic ....:eek:...whaaaat ..Babour seen this..aaaahh...he said about wrincles that are strong...i made them strong to show from that distance a determined face ...it was intentional...is this wrong?.....he liked it? :banghead:...aaaahhh ...u are lying...my Babour ...tell him thanks ..it's really an honour .

@ Climax ...hahahah ...Amazone Lady starts this weekend :twisted:

@ Mr Micro26 ...hahah ..iknow what u mean about columns..hahah it's because they are Liatsos Design ..hahaha there is not any ancient Greek column with that base i have ...and they need to be taller to ...which i will do.....thanks friend

@ Squibbit ...heeeey ...my little bastardo with wings ...thanks man ..it means a lot that u like it :bounce:..look i am sober ..i can jump :bounce:...hahahahahahahah

Squibbit
04-06-2005, 07:04 PM
..look i am sober ..i can jump :bounce:

lol craaaazy

bealobo
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
hey!
do you want us out of the competition or what? :scream: just kidding, this update is really setting a mood, wich I find to be great for your scene by the way.
keep the good work!

SUN
04-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Man u r Unbelievable :eek:

:bounce: Fantastic work !!!:bounce:

..................Monsitj: Great idea man Congratulations:thumbsup:

Dimitri i saw the scetch of Monsitj and i loved it but i couldn't imagine how this can become a good 3d and u my friend found the perfect way. Excellent creation!!!
Now god Aris looks very powerful !!!

...........................I love:
The sunrays, the feet wearing the sandals, the musculature and the design of the bow

The only thing i didn't like so is the base of the collumns. I would prefer something more classic

DimitrisLiatsos
04-06-2005, 08:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112819315_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5842/5842_1112819315_large.jpg)

....made more wrinkles and randomness on the surface of cloth in ZB...

Also ...not much visible here ...fixed the
room a bit as Lemog the French Nut friend very correctly observed...

i will now work on his weapon more...

I think i can pull one more update tonight ...hehehehhe.....

Thanks for all comments and crits so far, they were more than helpfull...
So don't stop...lol

markovicd
04-06-2005, 08:40 PM
i think we have one of 15 entries ;) , great work dimi , for first time i don`t have to discuss about anything :D

Micro26
04-06-2005, 10:30 PM
love the cloth update its more natural now dimi.
wow , just noticed your wires:eek: on aris ,looks ultra high.
great stuff dimi, never disapointed me

Squibbit
04-07-2005, 04:28 AM
wow that was a cool tip ,monsitj! and what use u made of it dimi ...:bowdown:

tilite
04-07-2005, 05:23 AM
this is a great image. the detail i added is Zbrush is a great touch... seems like i really need to get a hold of this program!

great work... keep it up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-07-2005, 05:39 AM
Also ...not much visible here ...fixed the
room a bit as Lemog the French Nut friend very correctly observed...

Yes... thanks... and that seem better like that, not too much, but only the sufficient... I'm waiting now the next rendering... :thumbsup: :scream:

spirogyro
04-07-2005, 08:12 AM
You already have my vote!!

Antropus
04-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey NUTS!
Nice progress Dimi. Now with ZBrush and XSI instead of Maya?? What's happening, Dimi? :D
ZBrush is a nice toy, ah?

Keep up your good work you crazy greek :thumbsup:
Kris

mikepolizos
04-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Great progress so far Dimitri! I see you are getting better every time!

Keep up the good work and arrange a coffe in your place sometime my man!

Be cool :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: