PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Nubian Greene

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mordalles
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
great lloking clouds. freaky, but great!

3dRaven
04-26-2005, 10:24 PM
NOOB! really impressive style you got there. Are you planning on putting in some nice optic illusions like in Dali's pics?? It gives that extra bang out of the picture near the end :)

Really impressed..keep it up man :thumbsup:

arkinet
04-26-2005, 11:52 PM
go noob go!!

Adamos
04-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Yo Bro!

I see you're getting along, but a long way 2 go still :D...

I wish ya luck! I'll check back when you've gone hardcore!
peace

NOOB!
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
NOOB! really impressive style you got there. Are you planning on putting in some nice optic illusions like in Dali's pics?? It gives that extra bang out of the picture near the end :)

Really impressed..keep it up man :thumbsup:

i wanted to put sum double/hidden images in it but i don't think i'll have the time.

this week i'm goin in full throtle,no more small updates,i shall update when i please!! no forcing!! hehe

thanks u guys for the encouragment!

Adamos
04-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Now, image flipping is all about checking out how things look from a different angle, you might notice something you'd never notice without flipping it. That goes for horizontal and vertical flipping as well. Just for spotting small errors. But then again you might like the flipped image even better than your original one...

now keep on sweating brova!

there's a bloody lot of work to be done (for both of us)

peeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaace

BlackDidThis
04-28-2005, 04:30 AM
Finally an update eh?

I like the cooour spread alot. I think it is really working with the rest of the image.
You have a very well set greyscale balance to what we see in your post.

Not too much to say. It is really looking good.
I might say that your mountains are all in the same depth.. but it seems you are going to blend more colours in . And I presume you shall be introducing omre depth of field in the meanwhile.

Keep on posting :)

Black

calisto-lynn
04-28-2005, 08:11 AM
he post something!!!:applause:
good, i can finally comment. i think the red sky is defenitly a match, it gives a certain drama to the picture, especially if its sunset, or dawn.. dawn is much clearer, and it more apropriate that they would run through the night, while anyone could see them. however we have cats which can see in the dark, and the red dawn rising, revealing them. just a thought.. cheers!:D

nebezial
04-28-2005, 08:23 AM
WHOOOAAA and they said it couldnt happen.. they said, maybe he gave up... THEY WERE WRONG !!! NOOB is back.. whatyamean hardcore:D

NOOB!
04-28-2005, 08:27 AM
lol i posted this update two days ago,i guess it didn't get as much comments,cos its so small.

i'm gunna go and work on this in about an hour or so,at least 6 hours on it today,yaaaay!

cos time is running out,only got bout two weeks left.which is enough i guess.

catch ya on my next update guys,

later.

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 12:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114864524_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114864524_large.jpg)

well,if u know me well,u will know i\'m crazy...bwuahahaha*does pyscho dance*

and i got bored of colorin the previous piece,i felt it was,sumwhat...boring....anywho heres a quick sketch of my new layout,kinda rough,but i got a four day weekend,so i\'ll be on this like bread and butter.

MDN67
04-30-2005, 12:40 PM
what are you doing, you make an other composition?

Adamos
04-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, you flippin' flipped tha image bruva! GOT YA THERE! teee-heee

About starting all over again:...I feel ya, it happens!

Still got more than two weeks, that should be more than enough! Go fo' it!

peace to ya face

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114869533_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114869533_large.jpg)

i'll just call this my lineart,since i'll be working off of it.

layed down sum colour,another reason i'm doin another composistion is because i wanna take a new approach on the colour.

ms@zx
04-30-2005, 03:33 PM
lol,dang~~i must admit that u are indeed freaking crzy to do this all over.but i like ur attitude man, i wish u all the best,though time is catching up,but dont worry,i'm sure u'll get this done..i like ur new compo better after taking a long look and comparison.:)
do ur best ok?

BlackDidThis
04-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I was actually preparing to react strongly to your changing at such a point...

But call me crazy shall you... but as much as I had really liked the last sketch and wantd to see it go through; I REALLY liked the new change.
Do you think you can make it in time? There is alot more work to do now. And the time is not at it's most left.

I wish you the best of luck!! And hell the important thing is for the image to be good enough for you, not for me not the jury.. not even for Dali I could dare try and say risking your hate upon me...
come to think of it: hey wouldn't it be cool; if you could just call him back and ask what he thinks? (Yeah haven't slept for a few days :sad: )

Good luck!!

Black

FIDUCIOSE
04-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Keep waiting to see a heavy stuff.

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 04:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114879616_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114879616_large.jpg)

just goin in,working back to front,starting refining the clouds and mountains a lil.

i "circled" the part i worked on.

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 04:51 PM
I was actually preparing to react strongly to your changing at such a point...

But call me crazy shall you... but as much as I had really liked the last sketch and wantd to see it go through; I REALLY liked the new change.
Do you think you can make it in time? There is alot more work to do now. And the time is not at it's most left.

I wish you the best of luck!! And hell the important thing is for the image to be good enough for you, not for me not the jury.. not even for Dali I could dare try and say risking your hate upon me...
come to think of it: hey wouldn't it be cool; if you could just call him back and ask what he thinks? (Yeah haven't slept for a few days :sad: )

Good luck!!

Black

lol actualy dali used to get as far as me in a painting,and then scrap it,so i guess in a way i'm acting just like him...pretty friggin wierd.

i'll finish in time no sweat,i got allot more free time now,2 weeks is probably enough to do three new paintings if u think about it.

and thanks msauwhawoshdsaxxx however u spell ur name,hehe i will try my best indeed.

fiduciose thanks very much!

Arc80
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
okay, that's new. The old version is tight, but i must say i'm digging the colour pallete of this one. Now it really feels like a surrealist painting and has a wide range for interpretation. Goodluck on this new one. I will be back to see the finish version.

cheers :buttrock:

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 06:28 PM
the old one is still there,i may go back to if i feel like,but for now i'll work on this one,i'm enjoying this one more anyway.

thnx arc,more updates tommorow! or whenever i feel

Neozoom
04-30-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah man !

great evolving :)
I like to see the colors comming :)

Falcorr
04-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanx for the visit man!
Its pretty hard to tell what is going on the pic, but i know you will make things easier to see later on :thumbsup: Oh man you have crazy amount of characters in your picture. I just cut down all kinds of things in my pic to get it finished. Its better to deliver a finished picture when the deadline hits than over ambitious unfinished piece.

Wish you luck!

NOOB!
04-30-2005, 08:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114893253_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114893253_large.jpg)

last update for a while,again i *circled* the area of progress

TheFirstAngel
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Nice deatiling on the mountainarea, looking forward to more my friend! keep on rocking!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-01-2005, 02:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114956396_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1114956396_large.jpg)

more...doin more on the faceless,mountains.

Neozoom
05-01-2005, 02:20 PM
haa!! still evolving :)

like the color choixe here too^^ the purple haze :D ^^ (sorry I love too much this guitarist hehe)

nebezial
05-01-2005, 06:24 PM
ooookaaay... many people said u r crazy.. aand u know how i like to be original ... weel.. i wont

U R CRAZY!!! but so were many great people, i love the new colours, ominous and mystical at the same time... notice the word TIME.. ur runnin out on it:bounce:

GhostInTheMachine
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
well done mate, its coming along. whats all this about running out of time? bah! :D

artjunkie
05-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Love seeing the details begin to emerge... do I see a face in that mountain, or is it just me? Great stuff. Nice colours too... dude, make sure you don't run out of time 'cause we all want to see this one finished SO BADLY! :D

Cheers!

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 08:04 AM
lol,theres 2 weeks left and 24 hrs in a day,time ain't an issue

hah,theres no face in the mountain!!

working on it the whole day today,watch out for an update!!

Arc80
05-02-2005, 08:10 AM
nice to see the details are coming along. I dig the loose style of painting you got there. :thumbsup: Keep it coming dude.

cheers

OrO
05-02-2005, 09:02 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.....aaaaaaa...:shrug:.....freaky

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1115041766_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1115041766_large.jpg)

changing poses....blocking in more colour...make changes....wondering why i'm sittin here when i cud be out chattin gurls..

TheFirstAngel
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
....wondering why i'm sittin here when i cud be out chattin gurls.. hahaha!
...time tics. tic tic tic... imagine how proud girls goin to be bout your determination on your mission here ;)
keep it up Noob! your work's looking good and awaits your funky touch... tic tic...

3dRaven
05-02-2005, 04:19 PM
The new color scheme looks a lot better. Nice speed NOOB!..hope you're happy with the results this time around :)

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
The new color scheme looks a lot better. Nice speed NOOB!..hope you're happy with the results this time around :)

hmm,new color scheme is BETTER,just a different approach,heheh and nope,i'm still not satisfied at all,if this was the regular 3 month challenge i wudda already done a third compostion by now! hahah...i'll check how ur 3d thread is doin in a sec.

1st angel,haha gurls don't know what they want.!! :twisted: but i guess me being determined means i wud make a good father hehhee.

3dRaven
05-02-2005, 06:41 PM
if this was the regular 3 month challenge

3 months sounds soooo long now :)

W-I-L
05-02-2005, 06:55 PM
the rough clolours you ahve blotted ion are loking spot on. i do not eny you t all... i am finging my pic complictaed enough. mountains in backgound are really good. Just ope you fin... and just get yourself a girl, get her to move in with you and problemsolved... she can sit there and chat to you while you paint... thats what mine does.. however it does annoy the hell out of me

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
hehe thanks u guys,i do appreciate all ur comments.

crits and comments are REALLY welcome.

calisto-lynn
05-02-2005, 07:20 PM
sorry for not bein here for a long time.. i was out on the weekend..

anyway i like where ur headin now. this looks much better than the first ones. bravo NOOB!:) :thumbsup: cheers!

Mordalles
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah, i like where this one is going. great work!

levent
05-02-2005, 08:33 PM
good composition :thumbsup:
i hope time to suffice

BlackDidThis
05-02-2005, 09:05 PM
NOOB!;

I know you are already a bit delayed and have laready thought things through to jump to a change such...
But are you sure you want the cats head on the left side that colour?
Well it is already blocking the reading of the eye. And when you go in and have it painted in such a block me brick red... and a contrasting green.. it really baracades the scene to a smaller space than a wide horizon of open air.

It could be intentional.. I really couldn't get it.. so that's why I am asking it in the lines of "Are you sure"?

Well you are going fast and with a few nights of no sleep you'll have it finished don't you worry. If nothing you can feel better about spending your talents on a coposition you liked more! The updates are coming VERY often.. great to follow;

Good Luck!

Black

spacesnail
05-02-2005, 09:41 PM
What ? you changed again your composition ?
Come on, there's still 5 days before completion... PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE
Ooops, sorry there's still 14 days before your computer overheats, your wacom doesn't respond and the financial brigade comes to your house He HE :twisted:

Good luck Noob

Manu

dekal
05-03-2005, 07:05 AM
gooodddd luckkkk

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
NOOB!;

I know you are already a bit delayed and have laready thought things through to jump to a change such...
But are you sure you want the cats head on the left side that colour?
Well it is already blocking the reading of the eye. And when you go in and have it painted in such a block me brick red... and a contrasting green.. it really baracades the scene to a smaller space than a wide horizon of open air.

It could be intentional.. I really couldn't get it.. so that's why I am asking it in the lines of "Are you sure"?

Well you are going fast and with a few nights of no sleep you'll have it finished don't you worry. If nothing you can feel better about spending your talents on a coposition you liked more! The updates are coming VERY often.. great to follow;

Good Luck!

Black

looking at the thumbnail image,i do agree with u,just doesn't gel well does it? what colour wud u suggest for the cat??

hahah spacenail .....asshole,lol....i'll make it!!! i'll show u hehee

many thanks calisto,levent,dekal,mordalles.

MDN67
05-03-2005, 10:13 AM
you work very hard for this new pic, i wait the suite:thumbsup:

nebezial
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
oy the cats face in the front ruins the monumental feeling of size, if it was that close, copared to the slave climbing up the cat should be reeeeealy gargantuan, this way the perspective doesnt add up, otherwise it looks awesome and quite spooky

gu
05-03-2005, 11:31 AM
good art NOOB, I like these thin creatures! keep updating!!
see ya man!!

Gus

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 11:39 AM
thanks guys

hmm yes i'll change the cat then.

nebezial
05-03-2005, 11:41 AM
shoo, bad kitty... ups, thats poshspices line:D

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 12:02 PM
how do u think i shud reposition/redraw/repaint mister kitty here guys?

Gamoron
05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
What the **** was wrong with the stuff you were working on earlier? I see you got the skillz NOOB! now just finish something! Hell, then again, when you get older you get less of an oportunity to talk to girls. I'm not sure what I should tell you to go for. The challenge or girls.

Then again if you quit the challenge now and mack on the girls, it'll make it easier for the rest of us.

Choose wisely...

:beer:

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 04:44 PM
there was nothing wrong with the earlier stuff,just got bored,u know just like u get bored of a girl constantly talking about their hair,when all u want it to get in her............house.

ahem

more soon..

Zephyri
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Woah, this has changed since I last looked! Gees, your cutting a tad fine aren't you Noob? Only two weeks to gooooo.... But still, I've always thought pressure was good for creativity. And this far, I like it better than the original, it's easier on the eye, if a little less dark and twisted. I think the cat might just be overbearing at the minute cause it's quite starkly rendered upto everthing else. If you can work some of those darker shadows into some of the other stuff, it might even out.

And with such a dark and demented mind, I'm surprised the girl aren't beating a path to your door, to get in your.... house. :p

clayeraser
05-03-2005, 05:25 PM
pretty far out concept.. Great work :thumbsup:

Adamos
05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Okay you'll get there, no need to rush it, you can hurry a bit, but you're still in time. No panic, no fear, Peace!

thanks for always coming by and spreading the WORD!

cheers!

Adam

Arc80
05-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey NOOB!, your piece is coming along nicely and the overall colour is working well. The only thing i can critzs on is the Cat in the foreground. It seems to be popping out a bit which is not merging with your overall piece. When i squint my eyes, i go to that cat first. I don't know if you intend to do that and i know you're not finish. So i'll wait.

I would really love to see this finish since i'm a big fan of surrealist and Dahli.

cheers bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

choptider
05-03-2005, 09:10 PM
your back in the league, you know you have few day to finish it?
more color, is better looking!
go strait.

M477
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey your pictures so far have been very lively and interesting. I really hope you finish, I'm sorry to remind you of the deadline... SO CLOSE!!! come on NOOB you can do it!

:arteest:

BlackDidThis
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
looking at the thumbnail image,i do agree with u,just doesn't gel well does it? what colour wud u suggest for the cat??Oh oby..
Sorry NOOB!, I hooope you like reading.IT is not gonna be a say and run one this tme.

Well now the cats wonderful.. and infacct I love it.. And you have managed a fantastic symbolised character screaming out the distress of the atmosphere. She was fine where she was in the earlier composition; and would carry ahy colour you tend to give her. But now with the new changes, it is a bit harder for everything to match up.

Now I don't know on how much you know of the eye's reading speed, so please bare with me... Just like we atlk of the colaboration of the moniter in order for the image to come out to its best. so our sketches are read best. Well in an impressive degree the same thing goes with our compositions and poses chosen.
Shall you notice; most languages read from left to right. Scientists have divided in two on the matter of "Was it that because the languages are more commonly written such, or if it's because the human eye/brian coordination demands this."
Infact this has been wide spread and even invetigated for fighting sports advantage... But as a result the eye of even a Japanese or Chinese or Arabic starts from the left of a piture and spreads to it's focus.
This is used for an advantage very commonly in commic books. Like when you have a scene where as the horse is ashing across the dessert, you generally see him dashing from the left to the right of the desert. because our eyes literally add momentum to it. Or at many times when good guys beat up bad guys the killer punch comes from the right to the left. All related.
Howit worked in fine arts to a broad degree was to always give the light source to the top left unless otherwise desired.
To better apreciate the reason of this lighting try to see only the luminence value or the greyscaled version of the image... You shall notice that when you have the light on the top left corner, the elements of the image give out a thinner conour on the lft side and a thicker darker bordering to the left. The thin line doesn't demand us to see the whole line it is directly inviting into the image, and this allows the eye to tae the most from the whole image in the shortest time. What you could just call an "inviting image" I guess.
On the contrary when you have it so bussy on the left side with dark contours to the left of every element things sort of break up, the next thing you know, you are following the contours and again following where ever it takes you and so on so forth.Up to a point that your eyes are away from the center and blocked to somewhere else.
This does not ALWAYS mean that you should mke things to the left not busy and to the right busy and etc... It just means that this is a situation. and that you could benefit from the use of it.
Infact in this forum the work from A I R is a marvelous exampe of what you can do with the oposite effect.
Now in your case had there be nothing infront of the cat.. had it been a baren landscape.. do you notice he would give an impression of sweeping the horizon with it's eyes.. about to travel on to unknown distances.. well ok.. not exactly maybe buy sort of such a feeling.
In your earlier case, where you had the cat on the right side it was very fine. It complimented the work as it is .. sort of doing what it was doing in the story itself.. it was telling us what not to do.. it was saying stop.. don't go further.
Now it is giving much diffrent and less demanding messages to compair.

Ok... WHY I went through telling you this was for you to better have an idea of what lay behind it. I may give an answer that would help you greatly. But I presume, knowing how the work is meant to turn ut betr hans ll, it isbet you have a control n he say.

Now in he position it is in I would suggest to literally paint it like what it looked like in the sketch form in your early line-art. So as to have the pales of the possible skies not penetrated. And that would be to make a sort of fish membrane like skin.. vivid in the conoturs.. I mean literally like a fih skin streched onto a cats head sor of refferenced from a Sphynx cat (http://www.hairlesscatbreeders.com/Sphynx-Tom-Cats.html) or something. I would introduce an overall coverage for it.. one holding the spots/stripes/ distinctive marks... and also a variaty of pearly underlays that would gvie the illusion of a demi transparency underenath.
Ok that is NOT an easy one to tackle.. nor is it a guarantee to work.
My initial worry is for you to have an idea of whats going on... nad then to be able to wrestle with it accordingly. Try out metheds of more pale hues ... or lighter values.

I am more than sure you can come up with an impressive solution none the less.

Hope you have read it up to this last part and I hope it could be of any use :)

Black

NOOB!
05-04-2005, 06:33 AM
your back in the league, you know you have few day to finish it?
more color, is better looking!
go strait.

by few days u mean week and a half lol,fine with me

Blackdidthis i'll read up on that later,thanks for taking the time to reply!!

edit: thanks black,aarrgghh!! now i dunno what to do,continue with this one..or go back to the old,i feel this one is easier on the eyes,but the old one tells the story better!!

arrrrghhh!!!

u guys can vote while i'm off to college

the-mighty-m
05-04-2005, 06:47 AM
I love the creatures, your stylization is great!

dragondragon
05-04-2005, 08:14 AM
It's so cool going around this site. So many different sytles and all executed so well. Speaking of which, your style is great to look at Noob. I have to agree, even though the deadline is coming up, the time is still there. Just do it right and all will be good-smile. Hey, thanks for giving me tips on my piece. They are really helping me wake up the 'Painter' in me again. I really have appreciated your time so far Noob. On your work, lightned things up hu? Cool, but some strange reason was loving the dark theme. But oh well, this one is just as out standing. Have to agree with folks here about the cat in the foreground, kinda sticks out too much. But hey, if that's what your going for (shock), that will work. Overall, like all the stuff you have going on, very 'lively'. This one is going to be a good one when you finish it. Ok, going to bed (it's like one in the morning for me here, and getting up early to continue with my piece before I go to work). Best to you my friend.
Dragon, out.

PS: Looks like you have the entire community here at your post-smile.

My Master and Servant 2D enterance:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=222625

xric7
05-04-2005, 01:17 PM
wow.
so wondering!!:eek: last time i saw ur work.it was cool dark old version.but this more cool!!
great great.:thumbsup:
still love ur cats.
good luck.:)

NOOB!
05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
since there are so many mixed opinions,i'll work on both the dark and light version.

i cud complete both in two days,but its the f**kin wips that are holding me back.

seeya on the next update folks!!

3dRaven
05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Mix both NOOB! :scream:

NOOB!
05-05-2005, 05:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1115312849_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1115312849_large.jpg)

read my mind raven.

ok so guys,heres what i did,first off i got rid of that cat.

secondly since people like the first aswell,i decided to copy and paste sum things i liked from the first one into the second one.

as u can see,i haven't made any changes to the stuff i've pasted in,so cleary the colour balance on the running girl and cat is off,needs to be allot brighter.

also i copied and pasted the dog from my first composition into this,cos its more stylized,just like the two characters to the side.

i hope u like,i hope to be almost finished by sunday,and i'll use the rest of the time for tweaks.

crits and comments appreciated.

xric7
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
hi..noob.
this version is look better.:thumbsup: i like it.
will wait for ur update.
good luck.

gu
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey Sr.Greene!

I´m following your process...that´s cool. The cat is so expressive!

pushav
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
LOL. Are you guys tryin' to put pushav on team world domination now?
Do I have what it takes?
I gotta get to painting soon.

arkinet
05-05-2005, 06:23 PM
the carnage is on! hehehe... looks good so far noob, you definitely got your style...btw, thnx for stopping by:D

W-I-L
05-05-2005, 06:28 PM
almost fin be sunday? that sounds like one of my empty promises.

Nice. glad the dog is back. i can see it in my head with colour on and all that jazz and it will look sweet. lets see who will fin first!

W-I-L
05-05-2005, 06:47 PM
hye man.. there are 4 of you guys with the letter n as first name... i feel that me and calisto are oddballs within theteam now

pushav
05-05-2005, 06:50 PM
hye man.. there are 4 of you guys with the letter n as first name... i feel that me and calisto are oddballs within theteam now

Just wait until I get on the team. I will be the oddestestest won.

Oh no NOOB! Look who joined the team.

W-I-L
05-05-2005, 07:02 PM
world domination unit? Hve we set up a little unit called pushav as a front line offensive unit. CANNON FODDER!

NOOB!
05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
yeh uhm..quit spammin wud ya.

serious.

:thumbsup:

PascalR
05-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Very interesting characters! I am looking forward to seeing the next update.

artjunkie
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I think this new comp is fine... good layout. Man, I love your character designs and can't wait to see them all painted up! Carry on my friend... we're down to the wire, now. :D

Cheers!

LuisNCT
05-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow! Even too much work to do, a lot of characters, Hurry Up!!

...And Great background

GhostInTheMachine
05-05-2005, 08:43 PM
you work damn hard buddy! i dont think id have the energy to attempt all this. best of luck! :D :thumbsup:

ered dium
05-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Great image Noob, too different from the rest. I like your style.
Cool characters, I can't wait to see your next post.

Arc80
05-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Looking nice Mr. NOOB!. Just waiting for you to finish it. Hey, you never know, Dahli might be impress if he sees this ;) and maybe GAMORON might spare your life, hehehe.

cheers bro

3dRaven
05-05-2005, 09:55 PM
I'd add more weight to the left NOOB! it seems too light at the moment. The balance is a bit whacked right now.

BlackDidThis
05-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Nothin to crit.. when ever I open my mouth ... ehh :rolleyes: well when ever I type something I always cost people to work more or delay more :sad:

Just a quick question... whats going to go in the place up infront that you left blank? You have the highest attraction point left blank.. The rebelion Dali in you? :)

NOOB!, I am so sorry that I stirred up so much a mess. I hadn't known it would come to this. I am so happy you brought back the dog and the cat, they were very good and very stylish. I just hope that it was for the better and it won't cost you any more time loss.

Black

Ps; Shouldn't you be a gentleman and put your name behind the rest? If not "ladies first?" :)

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 06:40 AM
i had friggin long individual replies for everyone that replied to my latest update,then i press the friggin back button by accident.

so i'll just say thanks all for the support

BlackDidThis what are u talking about.ur crit was very helpful!!! fool!!! *slaps* be a man!!

and no my name shudn't go after cos i've never been a gentlemen hahaha..alright fine i'll change it.

hey..maybe i'll leave that spot u mentioned blank,that part can be the *viewers spot* by that i mean imagine u where standing there in that blank space...........hehe or maybe i shud put one of those telescop thingies there.

3draven,i will! thanks

Neozoom
05-06-2005, 09:40 AM
looking very good man! that's a great mic ! love it

MDN67
05-06-2005, 09:52 AM
ok, excuse me NOOB, i don't understand than you continued the first concept, with your other line art, i believe you have change your idéa. Now i wait the suite, good work

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
thanks neo.

MD,i didn't continue the first concept,i just copied and pasted sum characters from my first into the second,thats all.

thanks,stay tuned.

Gord-MacDonald
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Good progress. Keep it up!

Gord

calisto-lynn
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
u made a great combo with ur previous work!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pushav
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
News flash NOOB!, Nebz is putting me on the World Domination roster. Muahahahaha!

So far the picture looks good.

ChrisThatGuy
05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Looking nice. That cat scares me...

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Great work on coloring in the cat :thumbsup:. The runaway looks a bit dark now. Will you add some more light to her?

wuensch
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
great progres,terrific pic!
U R gonna FINIsh!
(me--I dunno ,-))

olli

ThierryS
05-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Have you got your coffee supply ready for the week-end? You'll get ther man, no soucy (means no worries in frenglish!):) . Looking forward to see it completed, this one is quite intriguing!All my best man! Cheers:thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Great work on coloring in the cat :thumbsup:. The runaway looks a bit dark now. Will you add some more light to her?

reading the words under my last update wud answer that question,heh.

thanks everyone for supporting.

and i don't drink coffee,so i'll keep my self up by watching sum porn...oh wait *wrong sentance*

i'll keep myself up by not going to sleep..lol

AlyFell
05-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Coming together now Noob! The cat scares me as well! Sundays not far off, still plenty of time after that... but not too much plenty... er...

O.Martin
05-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Just want to join the ever growing group of members - and as I understand, you included - who thinks you're FREAKIN' CRAZY!

Like it! :thumbsup:

am7
05-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Coming along nicely noob! :) Really surrealistic, I like this kind of work very much. I used to only draw realistic and naturistic subjects, until my art teacher had me do an really surrealistic oil painting. It really helped me evolve my style, and I really like your concept here kinda chaotic.

Keep it up! deadline approaching!

demonicoz
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Love your style noob man. Its like a mixture of Glenn Fabry and Bizley. Lots going on and brilliant imagination, love the big cat man. Cant wait to see it finished. Keep it going man!!

Check out mine and let me know what you think :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234420 (showthread.php?t=234420)

All feedback very appreciated!!

NinjaA55N
05-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Been away for a while but i see here were made some big steps. Very nice image, i just hope u'll be able to finish it. Lots of character u have in there but i dont have any doubts that u will succeed of making that awesome piece. Good luck!

pushav
05-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Hopefully you can finish this in time. I want to see this done.

BlackDidThis
05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
hey..maybe i'll leave that spot u mentioned blank,that part can be the *viewers spot* by that i mean imagine u where standing there in that blank space...I think I really liked the idea. It so fits everything else.
A place waiting for you to fill in with your existance waering your own 'Smile' enforcer :)

I really like your general aprouch and atitude towards things.. radical but with sence within... I think that it is not too easy to create a composition that so insistingly pushes the eye to such a spot. Now that you have caught it.. It just might be a perfect idea to make use of it such.:thumbsûp:

Well not much to say but: WHERE is your update? (Don't you hate updating when it is more fun to just paint? :) )

Black

Ps; So you put them in Alphabetical now? hehe.. thats so polite of you :)

the-mighty-m
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Noob, thanks for dropping by my thread, your entry is looking better and better, we both still got a long way to go till finish tho... We had better get moving!

PeterPuppet
05-08-2005, 04:27 PM
Still sick ;) . In a good way of course:thumbsup: .The hardest thng in art is to crit a surrealistic picture. Damn, I just can´t. Keep rolling, dude! Only 10 more days to go!!!

peace, pete

TheFirstAngel
05-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Just came to screeeeeam: :bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce:

balaban
05-09-2005, 01:45 PM
congralitions!yeaaaaahhh mannnnn

calisto-lynn
05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Just came to screeeeeam: :bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce::bounce: update!:bounce:

i double that! lol:D

ThierryS
05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey Noob! just dropped to say thanks for your support man, and wish you can finish it in time. Looks cool sofar so keep that hand moving and flying over that graphic tablet.
See you next time on a next challenge!:beer: :)
Cheers!

ogar555
05-10-2005, 09:40 PM
I truly understand why you say Dali is your master..! and it rocks!
Keep it up, you overlysocial bugger! :scream:

nebezial
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM
oh yeaaah both u and i are reeealy updatin now eh? u see i DO have a social life... welll not realy, i was working and earning myself equipment, sooo whats ur excuse:D

Fish-KAart
05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Very interesting work! :)

TheFirstAngel
05-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Hey mate, Just camt to take a look how its going! the compositionn so far works, i'd tone down the bright sand a bit somehow makes big distance betwqeen the foreground girl on the left and the concentrated line of characters on the right, maybe drag the dark area folloving the curve from starboob girl to lower left corner to connect the areas.

details take shape very nicely. kittys and doggies promise a great level of detail on the final piece, looks like a buncha work, so best luck and a lightspeed brush with it! keep on rocking mate!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beelow
05-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey Noob, I haven't dropped by in a while. Looking good so far, I waiting for updates, c'mon! :argh: Good Hustle so Far!:thumbsup:

E.T
05-13-2005, 05:33 AM
still at it! Going great, keep it up, maybe we´ll meet at the finishline :)

spacesnail
05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Noob
come on and bring us some update !!! Your last post was very cool
And time is running
I've invoked the spirit of Dali and he said that you have to finish in time !
If not, he's going to put a spell on you and you'll have to draw little cute disneyan foxies for the rest of your life :twisted:

Cheers

Manu

xric7
05-13-2005, 11:24 PM
hi...noob
good luck 2 u:arteest: :wavey:

NOOB!
05-14-2005, 12:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116074120_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116074120_large.jpg)

blah blah,another update

i put arrows pointing to the many things i still gotta work on.i'll just finish it tommorow,TO HELL WITH UPDATES!slowin me down.

then i'll submit the final on tuesday.

NOOB!
05-14-2005, 12:37 PM
OMFG! too many comments.

aaaww so sweet :love: LOL!

thanks for the support guys!see the final tommorow...i hope.

3dRaven
05-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Whoa you gonna work at light speed then my friend?? :D

Can't wait for your next progress leap :)

Arc80
05-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Well, since you put all those damn red arrows, now i can't brutalize you with critzs... hehehe.

It's getting there. Just finish it. Like i said before, i'm a big fun of surrealistic style. So you have my vote on this one.

cheers bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nebezial
05-14-2005, 09:20 PM
i agree with arc, partypooper:D next time no arrows!!!

Slav
05-14-2005, 11:32 PM
time to set on the gas mr.noob! :)

TheFirstAngel
05-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Hahaha, you really are going towards the finishing line with a big noise, hahaha, burst that nitro and keep on rocking, we dont want to find red arrows on your update tomorrow, mate!:p Go go go, Noob, rock da house!!!

NinjaA55N
05-15-2005, 10:00 AM
hehe... Yea, dont bother with updates :) just finish this coz it looks awesome already, although its pretty obvious that there some parts r still missing. But its coming together really well, so best of luck to finish this piece in time! I know u will :)

NOOB!
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116181160_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116181160_large.jpg)

shud be more or less finsihed in a couple of hours,but i'm gunna post this just incase i get tired and can't be bothered to upload the final colours tonight.

heres my timetable

Tonight: finish colouring

Tommorow: tweaks

Tuesday :upload final image

hope u like,crits and comments? NOWS THE TIME!!

oh an theres no reason why that climbing gurl is golden,its just a freaky idea i had.

TheFirstAngel
05-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Neat update. things get together nicley! keep on rocking mate!

NOOB!
05-15-2005, 07:09 PM
thanks very much angel!!

Squibbit
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
:surprised what in the world is going on in here ?

nebezial
05-15-2005, 07:26 PM
whoa... man u might just make it, good luck:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
05-15-2005, 07:33 PM
looks great!HURRY!:bounce:

NOOB!
05-15-2005, 07:39 PM
:surprised what in the world is going on in here ?

man,where have u been??..lol

thanks guys!

Mordalles
05-15-2005, 07:51 PM
wow, that cat on the right looks absolutely stunning! i really like the way its turning out! some excellent work! im jealous. as usual. :thumbsup:

Miyagu
05-15-2005, 08:02 PM
hehe.. i´m ready.. now i have time to push others to work faster! :twisted:

GO! noob! GO! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

btw: really like your colorscheme :thumbsup:

Goro
05-15-2005, 08:27 PM
nice one NOOB! Finishline is close so GO GO GO! :applause:

Good luck m8!

daadaa
05-15-2005, 08:58 PM
surreal,amazing!!! :thumbsup:

and gud luck

Arc80
05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
whoa... that gold coloured character is a nice eye catcher. That's a very good lead in the painting bro. Now paint like your life depends on it :wip: hehehe ;)

Almost there bro.
cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dragondragon
05-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Noob. First off, thank you for the many times you have come by my post (when you have the chance, please come by one last time for anymore tips). Man, for awhile there, seems like you had so much to do and and so little time to do it in. But hey, as the old saying goes, 'it ain't over till it's over'. And, well, truth be told, you (we) still have a full two days left. But none the less, I am amazed at how quickly you got to this point. This image has come out so cool looking. Almost seems Dali like but with a 'more' modern look. I thought the dark image you had at first was very neat looking. But hey man, love this one too. So bright and easier to look at everything (hey, maybe you can throw in a couple more hundred items in there-smile-, just fulling with ya). Seriously, amazing all the items you have in this image. It all plays so well together. And dude, highly like the golden girl. Works perfect for your image. That cat on the right kills me, seems like it is yelling at the top of it's lungs... love it. Listen, think I have written a book here, I will back tomorrow night. Best my friend.
Dragon, out.

My Master and Servant 2D enterance:

xric7
05-16-2005, 08:08 AM
nice update.
well done for all elements.
keep going.:buttrock:

Tariq12
05-16-2005, 03:13 PM
..tic ,toc, tic ,toc ,tic.... :thumbsup:

congrats man your almost there. Luv the golden girl.

arkinet
05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
sweet!... & since your almost done, thats a lot sweeter!! good luck dude!! & thnx for beeing my guest at my post:thumbsup:

nebezial
05-16-2005, 07:22 PM
oy if u dont like coffee drink rted bull, lol, just finish it man:thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-16-2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116271606_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116271606_large.jpg)

aight,still got bits to finish off,then tommorow i'm gonna go in and sharpen a few things,then i shud submit the final image tommorow.

i posted this just to get the final colouring milestone cleared.i did make more progress though.

so tweaks and finish tommorow!!!

oh yeh,i'm gunna make it.

NOOB!
05-16-2005, 07:28 PM
thanks u guys so much for the support,means allot

dragon dragon i'll visit ur thread soon.

I WILL FINISH TOMMOROW!!!

MDN67
05-16-2005, 07:43 PM
good pic xith extravagent characters, good work

coolrio
05-17-2005, 12:50 AM
really love your style:thumbsup: ....good luck

MaxLarin
05-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Super! surrealistic grotesque!

TheFirstAngel
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey mate! loooking better and better! keep up that speed, i digges your crazy Noobalism from the first glance, no fire i up and hold the pace! Go Noob Go!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xric7
05-17-2005, 08:08 AM
ha...almost finish.
great work,mate.
keep going:buttrock:

nebezial
05-17-2005, 09:22 AM
wrooom, mr NOOB warp 9:bounce:

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 10:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116326749_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116326749_large.jpg)

OK!! i think i'm more or less done,but b4 i submit the final image milestone I MUST KNOW IF THERES ANYTHING U THINK I CUD TWEEK OR CORRECT!!!

gunna submit the final image in bout 2 hrs after i get sum of u guys opinions.i'm sure theres a few things i cud clear up! CMON TIME IS RUNNIN OUT!

3dRaven
05-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Nice progress filling in the colors NOOB! it's looking real nice as a whole. Can't wait for the final tweaks. Nice character hair shading.

Vectorius
05-17-2005, 10:55 AM
YOP YOP NOOB! Good work:thumbsup: ..i think you've just to contraste the ground on foreground and desaturate the big grey dog on the back..and that's it..:)

Good luck man:)

eparts
05-17-2005, 11:29 AM
wow
what a psychocircus! i like it how it is so surreal.
my favorite characters are the ones in the background.. they are like landscapes.

isabelleSene
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
I wonder if your Dali shouldn't be bigger??? after all, if he is to be your master, shouldn't he be in an imposing position, kind of big and obvious? I had to search for him before I find him.

I guess its too late for changing his size, but what about making him more colourfully obvious??

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 11:39 AM
dali isn't THE master in this image,he is just a character within this image, all the characters except the gurls are the masters.

eparts glad ur likin em landscapish characters.

fiolka thanks,i'm gunna do that now...

3draven....watch out,in 1 hr i shall be done!

Miyagu
05-17-2005, 11:50 AM
this is looking soo strange and crazy and i really like the way the background fades in bluish tones..

but where are the nice little red arrows? :eek:

hehe.. :)

good luck!

marcheen
05-17-2005, 11:55 AM
go! go! NOOB! this is crazy and interesting. i love the cat.

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 12:00 PM
maybe a bit more shading on the two right hand charcacters as i tink they would be in shadow but otherwise great stuff. cant belive you have got it all covered. i am paniking.. got a lot of work today and tomorow.

see you at the finish line!

calisto-lynn
05-17-2005, 01:33 PM
looks nice! GO NOOB GO!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :bounce: :bounce:

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116337111_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5837/5837_1116337111_large.jpg)

WOHOOO!!! ME DONE!!! I wud luv to have spent more friggin time on this,I cudda refined things a lil more,it looks a lil soft now but BAH! I’m proud of it.

I lightened the doggy.and did sum other tweakage.

All thanks to u guys for sticking by,GROUP HUG!!! (hey who touched my ass)

Hope guys like,

best of luck to the rest of ya.

Now for the description. (thanks arc for the name)

THE MASSAQUISTIC SURREALISTIC

The faceless….dull creatures they are….they show no emotion...they can’t, their species where created to work, who would have known they would have become smart, they want to take out their pain on all humans, mainly because of their jealousy towards us, they can’t show emotion, but we can…….therefore they should serve the faceless, for the faceless feel they are handicapped.

They force us to smile at any costs, but it is not their intention to punish us in any way, they just want everybody to be happy, what they don’t understand is, it doesn’t quite work that way, just because a human being smiles does not make them a happy person. the faceless believe if they are smiling, the person is happy to serve them at any occasion

What’s this though? Why is this girl running away, why is she not smiling? the faceless are confused, why…

they want to talk to her, she will not escape, set out the pets to capture them.

……………………………

the chaos massacre begins

great story eh?

Faq?

Why are their only women slaves in this piece?

Faceless found men much less attractive, and cause destruction, therefore they where banished from the planet, as reproduction control, a few where kept.

What’s with em having no nipples?

Again. part of the reproduction process, it must be balanced, no extra milk for no one.

Wtf? That girl is gold?

Yep,why? I dunno,ask her hehehe…

marcheen
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
congratulations on the piece! i can see you even put a flower there hehe

W-I-L
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
thats some scary f*^&ked up S%&t. Love the way you have told the story and the pic is great. good luck

3dRaven
05-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Great finish Nubian. Was worried for a moment that you might post that you've decided to start over :D...Great work and nice story..fits the entry and puts us right in the action

Good luck with the votes :thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 02:44 PM
hahha yep,the lone sunflower,that'll be a trademark in all my stuff from now on.

the more i look at it,the more i think *damn i wish i had more time* some areas are messy and wtf? is that-ish.

but i'm still proud it came a long way.

thanks W!L and Raven n marcheen,glad u like the story also.

xric7
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
wow..
congratulation!!:applause: :buttrock: :bounce:
great final image u did.love ur characters and color alot.:thumbsup:
best luck in contest,mate.
cheers.

Tranchefeux
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Noob, Congratulations for final, all best for a prize list.

Jezzarts
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Cool! looks both surreal and impressionistic. The dogs rock! well done mate.

MDN67
05-17-2005, 04:23 PM
good pic, you have some lesson with dali:)
Good work and good luck for the end

BlacKeri
05-17-2005, 04:43 PM
wow that's surreal - I love it! Great job, Nubian :D

Arc80
05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
NOOBZ... pure genius!!! WICKED, SICK, and very strong surrealistic idea. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I'm glad you kept the name, hehehe.

definately count my vote in bro. Keep in touch and see you around the community.
peace :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:

spacesnail
05-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Congrats NooB :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You finally did it !!! This looks stunning.
I can see that the "drawing little disneyan foxies for the rest of your life" SPELL had worked very well... So I'll try it on my students He He

Congrats again and good luck

Manu

John Keates
05-17-2005, 06:57 PM
That is a really crazy image. I love the style, and it all becomes clear now I read the story. I can imagine this as a big mural on a wall.

TheFirstAngel
05-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Hahahaha, congrats on yopur great final piece! Ur twizteed fantasy makes me laugh again, hahahaha. Wonderfull work mate, and an outstanding style 4 sure! Best of luck on the final judgements, Noob, U rock!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Odysseus-art
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Cool illustration, but I think there are to many characters so the m&s feeling is not so strong-that is my opinion anyway!! :)

I wish you GOOD LUCK!!
Please see MY MASTER & SERVANT (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=238908)

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Xric: thanks my man

Tranchefeux: u too man.

Jezz: glad u like my pet dog,he really exists,hehe

MD: seeya at the votes hehe

Black keri: thanks very much

Arc80: hey man thanks very much,thanks for the name, ofcourse I’d keep the name u gave,what do u think I am? Crazy? I AIN’T CRAZY,STOP CALLING ME CRAZY B4 I GO CRAZY!!!

Spacenail: much appreciated,luved ur piece too

John: really glad u like,and to see a new name in my thread is even better

Angel: hahahah yeh the story does sound f’d up coming from me,hehe,just when u thought it cudn’t get crazier

Od: no prod,still glad u like,u usually can’t tell what is happening in a surrealistic painting without reading the story,it’s the fun of it!

Tariq12
05-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Your done bro. Congrats!! :applause: :applause:

very cool image.
Good luck for the final man.
T.

PeterPuppet
05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
C´mon NOOB, you have one more day to go. Push it a lillte bit. It´s too surrealistic great to be declared as final like this. Go for it, dude!:thumbsup:

peace, pete

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 08:52 PM
lol i'm done,too busy with other stuff to continue,SO DEAL WITH IT!! this is FINAL!! already been submitted.

thanks tariq!

PeterPuppet
05-17-2005, 08:55 PM
:rolleyes: I really didn´t say nothing. ;)
I wish you luck!

peace, pete

OrO
05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
:drool:...........:beer:.......:buttrock:

NOOB!
05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
lol thnx oro!

FIDUCIOSE
05-18-2005, 04:40 PM
May the luck be with you.

NinjaA55N
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
hahaha.. this one is great! :D I really love Dali, so this one is no exeption... u really did a great job here :)

calisto-lynn
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
yaaaaaaaayyyy!!! u made it!! congratulations! (jumps of joy) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

good luck noobie!!!:D

patsy
05-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Good Luck.:buttrock:

arkinet
05-18-2005, 10:41 PM
its noob & the boobs(jK)...nyahahaha... congratulations bro, you did it!!! good luck!

dragondragon
05-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey Noob, told ya I would be back. Man, great to see you did finish it. Great piece of work my man. An image like this would look awsome on canvas. Hey, it turned out great. Ok, I will be emailing you soon to just chat my friend. So, I really do wish you all the best. Till the next one, all the best.
Dragon, out.

My servant and master:

Slav
05-19-2005, 02:10 AM
like painting one's thoughts, for all those abstract concepts we all try to convay through words (which lack meaning) you have managed to capture the original essance of your sketches. something very hard to do in a wip environment. especially with so many 2nd opinions being thrown at you.

wonderful visualization and i truely wish you the best of luck.

Matt-Bortolino
05-19-2005, 02:14 AM
Pure madness, congrats :thumbsup:

nebezial
05-19-2005, 07:56 AM
cool u made it.. i knew u would.. otherwise... bonebreakin time lol awesome work man, and very atmospheric..indeed a product of a demented mind lol:thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 07:58 AM
FIDUCIOSE: luck hates me

NinjaASSN: thanks man,wwwwwwwwaaaay aprreciated

calisto: yaaay! thanks sistah!

patsy: wtf? ofcourse its art

arkinet:thanks man! but as i sed b4,luck doesn't like me

dragondragon:yeh it wud looks better if it wasn't digital,glad u like man,i'll check my email soon

Slav:this is surreal,not abstract,I HATE ABSTRACT!! thanks man hehee

`mb:thanks ur 3d work is the greatest.

SEL
05-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Great final there NOOB! Glad to see it done! Very artistic and abstract! Good job!

SEL

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 10:44 AM
ITS NOT ABSTRACT!!

SURREAL is the word ur looking for.

thanks hehehe.

the-mighty-m
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Glad to see you finished as well, looking cool, veerry weird, by that I mean surrealistic, thanks for all the support!

W-I-L
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
now my bloody image wont save as a zip file. wont give me the option. i dont think i will be able to fin. dham!

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
thanks mighty

W!L u don't save it as a zip file,u save it as a TIFF and put it IN a zip file,do u have winzip??

man,u don't know nuthin do ya hahha,if u don't make it,sorry man!! theres not much i can do from over here.

jugeras
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
being proud about your own is what really counts. good job. never the less, had a great time watching your thread - and reading all your comments (my thread and others). really encouraging. til next time. :applause: :thumbsup:

AlyFell
05-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Well done on getting it finished Noob! And it looking so bonkers! :D Smashing work, and thanks for your support as well! :)

BlackDidThis
05-19-2005, 12:25 PM
...Why are their only women slaves in this piece?

Faceless found men much less attractive, and cause destruction, therefore they where banished from the planet, as reproduction control, a few where kept.

Lol.. I can not say how long you set me to laughing!!
Congratulations on your post. It was a GREAT risk.. and even after your change in plans you had to do newer radical changes.. but there is is. It was worth ALL of the trouble. You have a great peace here in hand Nubian!

One fine peace of work for a VERY fine guy!

BEST of luck!

Black

am7
05-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I just love this psychadelic piece! You really stepped up on the work in the last few days there, excellent work! Keep it up, and good luck!

pushav
05-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Lol looks like Neozoom did not finish and I did. Good job on yours.

And p.s. I finished mine also. LOL.

CoreyArtE
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Great job noob! It's been a long competition but finaly its over. I wish you the best of luck man!:thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 02:53 PM
jugeras:thanks seeye next time

posh:glad ya like

BlackDidThis:did u just say i was fine??? quit flirting with me.hehe

am7:glad u like man

pushav: thanks,yeh u finished uploading and what not,but we all know u didn't really finish ur piece.neozoom had school to deal with i guess.

Corey:hey almost forgot bout u? did u finish *goes to check thread*

JMcWilliams
05-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Yay! so you finished :D I was not sure, because you were leaving it late the last time I saw it.

Good luck!

Vectorius
05-19-2005, 03:08 PM
:scream: HEY YO NOOB!! just a little question....
It's my first cgtalk challenge and i would like to know what 's going on?? I mean the challenge is finish, so...?
I know that the jury begin, but does the forum remain open? and if so, until when?

Thank you man!

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
the forum stays open forever,when the next challenge arrives,it gets archived just like the grand space opera and alienware,the forums for the previous contests are still here.this forum probably won't dissapear until next year or so.

thanks JMC ur entry was great too.

OrO
05-19-2005, 03:16 PM
question....
what happends now....and thx for the nice words....good luck

OrO
05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
k...got on your thread and read it..thx...wher do we find out what happends??

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 03:20 PM
there will probably be a notice coming soon that explains what is happening next.

why are u guys asking me anyway?? lol

OrO
05-19-2005, 04:15 PM
for you know all :bowdown:

artjunkie
05-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Congrats on finishing this one, bro. Love the style... good luck in the judging!

Cheers, mate. :D

LouisBrowne
05-20-2005, 01:38 PM
I haven't seen this for a couple of weeks. back then it was like only 1/6 complete. You've really firied up those engine to get this badboy done! Ye' style of painting is very very lively + y'e got a good round colour palette too. I like it >
Original concept & original method.
So what's next for you, gonna take ki'k back and smoke a big cigar? Or straight on to more wacom welding?

Thanks for popping over to my forums too myman.

NOOB!
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
oro: thats right! i am GOD

junkie: thanks mate!

louis:cigar?? hell no,i'm working on a new piece as i type this,expect sumthin soon in the finished art 2d section.

pushav
05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
I have a question? is this the forum home of Team worldomination..... http://pushav.proboards42.com/

NOOB!
05-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I have a question? is this the forum home of Team worldomination..... http://pushav.proboards42.com/

nah! thats sum fake s**t sum jerk made up.:thumbsup:

THECLYKE
05-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Noob Do You Have Any Street Art On Your Belt....and Yo The Pics Great....sweet Use Of Colour

pushav
05-20-2005, 05:15 PM
nah! thats sum fake s**t sum jerk made up.:thumbsup:

It looks fun. I joined up

NOOB!
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Noob Do You Have Any Street Art On Your Belt....and Yo The Pics Great....sweet Use Of Colour

naw,but i'll be workin on sumthin more urban and more close to my culture soon.thanks for the comment!!

Vahn
05-20-2005, 05:28 PM
haha grats for finishing mr Nubian Dali :D

its very cool man! :applause:

TheCleaner
05-20-2005, 07:31 PM
i'm working on a new piece as i type this,expect sumthin soon in the finished art 2d section.

WIP thread? Please :)

Very cool final piece for M&S.. if your thinking of going more urban, check our 'frank morrison' .. if your into surrealism (duh) and elongation of limbs, his work could be right up your ally

NOOB!
05-20-2005, 07:42 PM
vahn thanks

cleaner.thanks very much,gunna do a search for that artist right away,i luvs long limbs

TheFirstAngel
05-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Yo Noob, crazy MC, just me again, visiting friends and wanted to thank you again for all your support, your kind words, your encouragements.
best of luck and all my best wishes on the final, love your crazy surrealistc style, keep it up mate!
simply wanted to say: Noob: you ROCK!!!

punklover
05-21-2005, 09:25 PM
great style and unique, just keep up the good work:thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-22-2005, 10:24 AM
lol angel,i guess ur pretty excited.

punklover: thanks very much!!

Rudeone
05-22-2005, 11:27 AM
It turned out friggin bizar man! I like it:thumbsup:

congrats on a succesfull finish!, c ya next time

Arc80
05-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Yo bro, i'm glad you are one of the few people here who did not put a light saver on their avatar (dam dork clones, LOL).

Hey, can somebody tell the cgtalk peepz to close the thread already, because The1st_Angel and Xric7 is bombarding them like crazy, HAHAHA (just kidding guys).

peace out and Goodluck

AIR
05-22-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi NOOB.What up thug. :)
I was just checkin your thing here.It's freaky,in a positive kind a way.
I must congrat you on the job done,and good luck in judging.
And yeah,I'l see ya arround bra'z :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
...BlackDidThis:did u just say i was fine??? quit flirting with me.hehe
...Nubian,
you are a very attractive guy ... it's just that you have a little bit too much P***s for my taste and you are not evolved correctly on the chest...

So I was actually reffering to your image...
you sicko!
:)

Ok here it goes on a more evaluated scale.. you have a great entry here! :)

Black

sloth79
05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
dude, finally found ur thread. :P

congrats on ur final work, it rocks man! loving it~:bounce: :thumbsup:

NOOB!
05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
huh?!! didn't know i even got these comments after the challenge lol,thanks u guys.black! quit flirting with me,i know i'm fine,but its only for the ladies ..lol hehehe

THECLYKE
06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Are They Gonna Anounce The Winner Or What?

AND GUYS...LOL THIS ISN'T LAVA LIFE IT'S CGTALK FOR CRYING OUT FREEMAN LOAD...
BUT YEAH NOOB YOUR PRETTY HOT MAN....THE GIRL SHOULD BE CHECKIN FOR YOU IN THE UK.

Lol

sablebrush
06-06-2005, 11:18 AM
Your brush is very free nobb!
I like your surreal work :thumbsup:
Final work is successful
congratulations! good luck!

BlackDidThis
07-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah, yeah.. I know..
I am late...

but I REALLY didn't get any email notification or anything about the winners being announced!!

I know that you are not really upset since you are one of the people that had probably the most fun :) And you even have a great picture to keep around with you :thumbsup:

None the less we all know all that you are capable of and I am sure I am not alone in wishing you a lot less unfortunities in your next challange to come!
Good luck buddy!

Black

NOOB!
07-02-2005, 12:26 PM
i didn't get an email either.bah!

this is my worst piece of art ever anyway,i hate rushing...and it didn't turn out how i wanted it too at all.

pure suckage.

can't wait for the next challenge!

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 12:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.