PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Laurent Antoine Lemog

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Lemog
05-03-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115123333_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115123333_large.jpg)

The same but with the good camera view... points to modify are most fisible with this framing.

atra
05-03-2005, 12:34 PM
No Mark, I can reassure you... it's only joke... I want to preserve my family life... passion is one thing, but I don't forget the principal in the life... it's the reason why I work especially the night...
Renders with all parts of Mother Nature comes nearly my friend, I finish my plate and I post :drool: , thanks for your words :thumbsup:

Oh, I can understand how you feel... same thing here. :)
My daughter takes all my attention during the day... and then comes the night, where I can do the work.
It's just a bit hard, when I sleep 2-3 hours a day.... :)

About the hair. I don't have a camera, but maybe I'll buy one soon.... you'll see :D

bealobo
05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
hi Laurent!
this is going really well.
The leaves are a shader... so... the arent geometry, right? wich software are you using?
:bowdown:

Lemog
05-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh, I can understand how you feel... same thing here. :)
My daughter takes all my attention during the day... and then comes the night, where I can do the work.
It's just a bit hard, when I sleep 2-3 hours a day.... :)
Yes... I see you know exactly that :beer:

About the hair. I don't have a camera, but maybe I'll buy one soon.... you'll see :D
I'm waiting that impatiently :p

hi Laurent!
this is going really well.
The leaves are a shader... so... the arent geometry, right? wich software are you using?
:bowdown:
Geometry ? yes, for sure... 6 triangles by leave... why ? geometries are not so heavy to calculate for Maya, even with my old machine... and that give me some shadows and lights more rich... I prefer when I can... you know, there's only 120 000 polygons for these leaves and twigs :wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Man ...she is so much better now ...i think this means that her Layer is finished? :bounce: :thumbsup:

sonicstrawbery
05-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Gorgeous Lemog...Gorgeous ! :eek:

I agree with the point you mentioned, it's really dense and some parts like the hands are confused... just some tweaking... :rolleyes:

En tout cas c'est vraiment la plus belle mere nature que j'ai pu voir jusque la ! Bravo :applause: :buttrock:

Lemog
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Man ...she is so much better now ...i think this means that her Layer is finished? :bounce: :thumbsup:
Yes Dimi, almost finished, some minor modifications with all the elements sets. But it still remains of many things to do. But I want to finish this week, to consacrate the next week for rendering and compositing... :scream:

En tout cas c'est vraiment la plus belle mere nature que j'ai pu voir jusque la ! Bravo :applause: :buttrock:
You words make me an immense pleasure, thank you Séb... :bowdown:
Next step... certainly a render of "ALL" parts to see exactly what I have to tweak... for that will be easily readable... :curious:

(o)ne
05-03-2005, 01:28 PM
it's getting sweet, mate :thumbsup:

monsitj
05-03-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah! glad to hear you finish render! when i saw how complex is your work, i think "ohh how can i render it!:eek: and you still be lemog! level of complexity in your work continue to grow every challenge!
hope your machine still alive ! hehehe:scream::thumbsup::)

and new mother face is great too!

3dRaven
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Nice work on the neck joint...don't even notice where it's melted together. The leaves look great too. Maybe try mixing in a slightly darker variant??

Lemog
05-03-2005, 02:58 PM
(o)ne -> :beer:

monsitj -> finally... this scene is very light if I compare it with the 2 previous challenges... I just hope my old machine accept to work until the end :scream: Thanks Monsit for these pretty comments :bowdown:

3dRaven -> Yes Gregory, it's a good idea, I will test that in the next render, more darker for leaves certainly give a better contrast... Thanks and seeya guy :thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
05-03-2005, 03:08 PM
You make my day, Impressive Laurent

el-newty
05-03-2005, 03:16 PM
:eek: WOW... very impressive!!! great job so far!!! :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-03-2005, 04:04 PM
ilusiondigital -> :bowdown:

el_newty -> Thanks a lot Arthur :wavey:

Lemog
05-03-2005, 04:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115136767_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115136767_large.jpg)

Little update... I don't tweak much things... just leaves darker (but I don't know if it's sufficient)... and adding some grass. I must change the color of the end of arms and decrease the bump.
We also think there's DOF in the background in the final way.

I will make cooling towers soon for the background... ;-)

alexfalchi
05-03-2005, 04:40 PM
little update, big very well done my friend!!...alot details so nice:beer:

Alex.

jddog
05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Ahahahahahah... just the death can do it :argh: (and my wife...)

tu l'as dit Laurent... les femmes... ha... les femmes :D
jdd

atra
05-03-2005, 05:51 PM
:beer:

cheers! But the world wouldn't be the same without the family.... :cool:

Laurent, the last picture looks like my neighborhood (4 years ago)... :)
:hmm:

3dRaven
05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
You spit these renders out like a machine gun Lemog :) The darker leaves gave the branches some extra depth. It's beginning to look a bit confusing though. Hope the DOF will fix that a bit.

gpepper
05-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Excellent ! I love this composition ! A lot of things, a great idea well done ! I cna't wait to see the final image !

Lemog
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
alexfalchi -> :D new update soon...

jddog -> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :banghead: haha

atra -> the voice of wisdom :cool: (I speak about the family, not of the neighbors:twisted: )

3dRaven -> That will be certainly better at the final... for this, the render is basic... but for the high res final image, I will render on many separate layers... that give a better result and give me more possibilities...

gpepper -> hihi... si tu vas attendre, comme tout le monde... Allez, au boulot Gilles :scream:

gpepper
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm workin' I'm workin' !

Lemog
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115153348_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115153348_large.jpg)

For the background... "very" simple modeling... the last pieces, the cooling towers of the nuclear thermal power station.

Lemog
05-03-2005, 08:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115153430_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115153430_large.jpg)

cooling towers in the scene...

ilusiondigital
05-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Hey my friend Lemog, better and better, new day new surprise

kmest
05-03-2005, 08:59 PM
:applause: :wip: nice job on mother nature..she is beautifull.....
and the nice amount of details....
keep good working.....:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-03-2005, 09:07 PM
ilusiondigital -> well... I only hope to don't have the last bad surprise in the final way :scream:

kmest -> It's stronger than me... I love details... :shrug:

Thanks a lot guys...

Caution...
girls and guys, tomorrow, I will have a big surprise for you all... a new wallpaper... a little bit special... and I hope, funny :D

roctavian
05-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Tres jolly Monsieur Lemog. And a lot of work to do in your concept. I like the concept ideea too. :thumbsup:
Happy rendering mate!

Virtuoso
05-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Wild.....and nice.....well done....it's a Lemog......You can see this from about 3 kilometers away.......Now i wait for the wallpaper you mentioned Lolo...........All the best to you as always....:arteest: :arteest:

inkonyto
05-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Beautiful updates today.... Miam miam

J'aime beaucoup les couleurs, riches et forte, elles allègent l'ambiance et servent bien le thème de l'espoir qui renait peut être.... Je dis ca comme si j'avais compris quelque-chose... Pas sure ca :)

En tout cas j'adore....

A fan, addicted :):)

Elendil_le_Grand
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
J'aime bien tous ces petits détails qui fourmillent c ce qui fé le charme lemogien à mon avis :)

En tout cas vivement la suite :bowdown:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 04:56 AM
PROctavian -> Thanks guy... I hope to begin the final renders at the end of the week... :wip:

Virtuoso -> :scream: ... wallpaper very soon... (rendering is done, now just a small assembly in photoshop), but before, a little update...

inkonyto -> mais si, tu as compris... each guy understand what he want... it's the most important, your eyes and your personal vision... it's the only solution to don't have a headache :D

Elendil le Génial -> Lemogien... ? va falloir que je pense à le faire graver sur ma tombe :) hahahahaha mouah :wavey:

Gunilla
05-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Good morning, dear! So, what have you been up to now? :)

She looks beautiful, really! The whole scen is beginning to come alive. I think your new towers will do a lot for the overall comp and whatever you do, don't move that red fridge - whitout it I think the scen would start to float.

Excellent action, while the rest of us been sleeping and coming here is always a nice way to start the workday :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Good morning, dear! So, what have you been up to now? :)

She looks beautiful, really! The whole scen is beginning to come alive. I think your new towers will do a lot for the overall comp and whatever you do, don't move that red fridge - whitout it I think the scen would start to float.

Excellent action, while the rest of us been sleeping and coming here is always a nice way to start the workday :thumbsup:

Good morning Gunilla... I'm happy to start the day with you :bounce: I'm a bit late for updating this morning... I began my work very early, around 5 a.m... It's time to up now... sys :wavey:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 05:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115183662_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115183662_large.jpg)

Textured cooling towers...

Lemog
05-04-2005, 05:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115183855_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115183855_large.jpg)

PaintFX for smoke / clouds / fog...

monsitj
05-04-2005, 05:53 AM
nice cloud! but beware that cloud will too thick to cover all of your detail! some suggestion now is maybe you can add some shadow cast on the tv and element on the ground , some thing like fake shadow ( map image file into light color ) -hard to explain with bad english skill:eek:
good luck Lemog!

Lemog
05-04-2005, 06:21 AM
nice cloud! but beware that cloud will too thick to cover all of your detail! some suggestion now is maybe you can add some shadow cast on the tv and element on the ground , some thing like fake shadow ( map image file into light color ) -hard to explain with bad english skill:eek:
good luck Lemog!
I don't know if I understand well... but I can reassure you... clouds will not covered the picture... it's only for the background... and certainly more darker as that. Thanks for your interest Monsit... and don't be afraid by your english, mine is worse... per moment, I don't even understand what I write :scream:

gpepper
05-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Cool texture on the tower ! It looks better on the picture where are the clouds !

Lemog
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Cool texture on the tower ! It looks better on the picture where are the clouds !
It's normal... there's not DOF in the picture with clouds... finally, background will be very dark and blurry... stormy with flashes I think... :)

(o)ne
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
monsitj mean that some cloud-like shadows on the ground and tvs will be cool :) you can place a b&w map of clouds as shadow map of you light and see the result - like the light goes through clouds and then fall to the ground, it might be an interesting one...I can send you some shadow maps if you need :)just for the test, at least

flaeticia
05-04-2005, 07:24 AM
A remarkable job for a person whos also : as shall say pub : what of more natural ?:eek:
You know it, at the moment for me its tightened enough for the 3d revisions for obligations ! :scream:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 07:50 AM
monsitj mean that some cloud-like shadows on the ground and tvs will be cool :) you can place a b&w map of clouds as shadow map of you light and see the result - like the light goes through clouds and then fall to the ground, it might be an interesting one...I can send you some shadow maps if you need :)just for the test, at least
Ok mate, now I begin to understand better... And I certainly will do some test in this way...
I think I must create a new setup of light... I don't think my actual lighting can work good for this effect..
If you have some shadow map... I'm okay... you're very nice Tovaritch Stepan :thumbsup:

A remarkable job for a person whos also : as shall say pub : what of more natural ?:eek:
You know it, at the moment for me its tightened enough for the 3d revisions for obligations ! :scream:
Hey missy, I know that... but we now studies are the most important... but if you want to take some rest next week-end, you can continue a little bit your challenge, for your pleasure, for our pleasure :bounce:

bouledpue
05-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Waouh! :eek: ....

3dRaven
05-04-2005, 08:03 AM
You are one crazy frenchy Lemog :twisted: The smoke looks great. Hope to see the next update with a nice mixed version. Keep at it Laurent :thumbsup:

P.S.

I actually visited a power plant up here in Poland not long ago and it turns out the guys working there gave all the cooling towers names :D They all had their own special symbol with a different color too.

alex.h.
05-04-2005, 08:21 AM
great work on the smog, its all great mate, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Waouh! :eek: ....
Miaou ? (private joke concerning a gog's balayet and a cat...:D )

You are one crazy frenchy Lemog :twisted: The smoke looks great. Hope to see the next update with a nice mixed version. Keep at it Laurent :thumbsup:
I will do a fast compositing mate... :D

I actually visited a power plant up here in Poland not long ago and it turns out the guys working there gave all the cooling towers names :D They all had their own special symbol with a different color too.
Good idea bur I wil certainly keep an uniform color... it's background... that should not be too present in the scene...

great work on the smog, its all great mate, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot mate... and we should not confuse Lemog and LeSmog, even if some time, it's smoged out enough in my spirit... :scream:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 09:07 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115197630_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115197630_large.jpg)

a bit far of the final way, just to see cooling towers with the rest of the scene...

Lemog
05-04-2005, 09:09 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115197769_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115197769_large.jpg)

...and a darker test.

Fred76
05-04-2005, 09:12 AM
... géniale l'idée des centrales pour mettre dans le fond (quoi qu'en france on a de la chance les nuages radioactifs (tchernobyl) s'arretent pile a nos frontieres selon nos politiciens ;) )... j'ai hate de voir les deux dernières images compositées ... tu vas garder l'éclair ou pas ?

... think it's a great idea to put in the background the nuclear towers that match perfectly with the subject of "nature" you've choosen ... i'm waiting impatiently to see the two last pictures together ... will you keep the flash of lightning ?

Fred76
05-04-2005, 09:14 AM
... ah ben c fait pour les deux images ensembles ... g été trop lent a écrire le post ... :thumbsup:

... well you've been very quick you've put together the pictures while i've written my post ... :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry Laurent I miss some.
Wow very nice update friend..I really like the last one, "smoke" looking very good friend..and the theme is really, really live now. I like alot your style very well done.:thumbsup:
Compliments my friend this is niceeee job!
keep it in super bostic:thumbsup:

Alex.

Lemog
05-04-2005, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=Fred76[
... think it's a great idea to put in the background the nuclear towers that match perfectly with the subject of "nature" you've choosen ... i'm waiting impatiently to see the two last pictures together ... will you keep the flash of lightning ?[/QUOTE]
Thanks guy... in fact, I keep flashes... I will post a exemple soon. :wip:

AlexFalchi -> Thanks my friend... :beer:

And don't forget... the mega wallpaper come very soon now... :scream: after flashes...

Lemog
05-04-2005, 09:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115200485_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115200485_large.jpg)

an exemple of flashes... I try to show you the stormy mood I want...

3dRaven
05-04-2005, 10:25 AM
How about the lightning destroying some of the coolant towers?? Sorta like the might of nature & all that fluff

gulliver3
05-04-2005, 11:49 AM
very nice Laurent!:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
How about the lightning destroying some of the coolant towers?? Sorta like the might of nature & all that fluff

What you eat my friend ?, you have really good ideas, you are committed :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I will test that this evening... Thanks Greg... :scream:

3dRaven
05-04-2005, 11:59 AM
What you eat my friend ?

Haha ...Home made meals my friend.... beats all fast food hands down :scream:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
very nice Laurent!:thumbsup:Merci mon ami Serge... et encore félicitation pour ta rapidité sur ce Challenge... presqu'un Speed Modeling :scream:

sonicstrawbery
05-04-2005, 12:16 PM
The compositing looks really promising, i think you really have a chance to win this one man...

I'm not 100% with the darker render, colors become fade and we don't see very clear... whereas the one without fog looks beautiful, i love the colors...an inbetween could be very cool i think :)

But hey it's depending on what mood you're looking for...so good luck with the final tweaking :buttrock:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
The compositing looks really promising, i think you really have a chance to win this one man...

I'm not 100% with the darker render, colors become fade and we don't see very clear... whereas the one without fog looks beautiful, i love the colors...an inbetween could be very cool i think :)

But hey it's depending on what mood you're looking for...so good luck with the final tweaking :buttrock:
Sure, the final tweaking will be very important now... I'm okay with you... the dark version need some contrast... too dark for detail, but I do this picture only to see aspect of the DOF/dark background... some tests, and the most difficult will to take the better of all these render... a complex blend I think :scream:
Always thanks for your comments Séb :applause:

gulliver3
05-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Merci mon ami Serge... et encore félicitation pour ta rapidité sur ce Challenge... presqu'un Speed Modeling :scream: so , i'm sure you know his method ,and i named the white night method or no sleep method...lo l:eek::banghead::p

ha ha ha , je suis certain que tu connais cette méthode , la méthode nuits blanches... lol:):banghead::wip::p

Lemog
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
so , i'm sure you know his method ,and i named the white night method or no sleep method...lo l:eek::banghead::p

ha ha ha , je suis certain que tu connais cette méthode , la méthode nuits blanches... lol:):banghead::wip::p
I don't know if it's the better method... but I use it often... :scream:

alexfalchi
05-04-2005, 01:30 PM
wow nice method Laurent, I like it!!:thumbsup:

e-maje
05-04-2005, 01:41 PM
It's beautiful, but I'm a question, if the pilones are broken why the chimneys still do smoke ? :eek:

Beautiful environment to flee :scream:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 01:50 PM
It's beautiful, but I'm a question, if the pilones are broken why the chimneys still do smoke ? :eek:

Beautiful environment to flee :scream:
They are cooling towers of the nuclear thermal power station, it's it which provides energy. These pilones on the ground doesn't prevent it from functioning... :scream:
A nuclear thermal power station must have a very great inertia, difficult to stop it immediately I think... :bounce:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Your image man has so many messages...about our way of life ...about how we treat this planet.....many things ...many....i think it's one of your best pieces...not technically(i've seen more difficult stuff from u ..u NUTS) maybe but as an image is very deep....Gongrats u NUTS ..... :thumbsup:

:bounce:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 01:54 PM
And now... place to the funny stuff...

the last wallpaper (click on the picture for the 1600x1200 version)

I imagine that just after the latest newsletter to promote the books published by ballistic... I hope you like it :scream:

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/humanoIDsPublishing800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/humanoIDsPublishing1600.jpg)

jdsb
05-04-2005, 01:59 PM
oh god,:argh:, how many nuts u eat in the morning today ? :argh::banghead::bowdown::drool:

Gunilla
05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Hahahaha!! HumanoID as secretarys - goes on my desk right away, thanks :thumbsup:

and yeah, what do you put in your coffee? :D

e-maje
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
J'ai conduit çà moi, J'avais la 2 coul avec CPC dans mon imprimerie. Tu me ramènes 15 ans en arrière là !!! Le bruit, les odeurs, le poids du papier, le stress et les horaires de fou... Alors pourquoi tant de nostalgie :rolleyes: (excuses le français mais là...)

Gaelle trouve cette image meilleur :shrug:

artemesia66
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
LOL. those printing presses crack me up. :thumbsup:

(o)ne
05-04-2005, 03:44 PM
you're surprising me with your every post, mate! continue to do it! :applause:

bealobo
05-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I like the background behind the towers to be dark, very dark, like to make a gradient towards the right and not so many fog where humano ids are.

:) It´s the first thought that I had, but again... I´m sure you´re coming up with something nicer than nice.

The picture is impressive.

el-newty
05-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Ha, Ha, Ha...

You are full of surprises :arteest:
Now, I have a great wallpaper :buttrock:
Cheers and keep it up, the deadline is aproaching...
Good luck :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-05-2005, 06:46 AM
Hello Lemog;

Firstly I want to thank you VERY much for the fantastic set of textures you have contributed to the internet community! They are marvelous!

I was always worried that there would be individuals with to your standards in the competition.. and unfortunatly there were :sad: ... YOU! :)

It took me a DEAR while to be able to get through your thread, especially since it was a bad week for me...
I really liked your concept and your executing it is definately nothing lesser than expected of you.
I think I liked your post #1299 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=2240388&postcount=1299) which is the darker.. but I am really not sure of the storm coming on to it; since it's already dark... Don't know. Are you going to make the lightnings in that hue and thickness? A bit finer and a bit more bluer maybe?

It's looking great.. going to love seeing the developments

Black

calisto-lynn
05-05-2005, 07:30 AM
hiya lemog!
i really like ur idea. u have done it all so nicely, but the colours are a bit trasparent and seem washed off. but i guess u have reasons for that! lol:thumbsup:

[wr]JeFf
05-05-2005, 07:42 AM
MDR lemog !! You are crazy ! But this ads is very nice ;)

PhilPJ
05-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi Lemog,

Much details and your rotary printing-press like a true.
(Three colors and black)
Cheer and good luck for the end of the project.

gpepper
05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Excellent ! :thumbsup:

sonicstrawbery
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
This wallpaper rocks :scream::thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Stormy back and foggy fx are absolutely good ideas! Especially i like the fog combined with dof also with a little depth dependent saturation. With fog it can work perfectly! I don't think it's too dark. Mood is absolutely fits with the idea. I'm courious to see it in print. I think it will be amazing in the book. We will be able to check it from pixel to pixel! Have a nice day Laurent!

And yessssss.... that wallpaper is workin'! :beer:

orion 77
05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
comin along nicely monsieur.

alexfalchi
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Laurent friend sorry I miss some updates, but I have some problem in my PC:(
sorry again and good job mate the last update is very nice, keep always strong friend!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

atra
05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Yes, great surprise :)

That idea with the ballistic publishing is really neat ... now we have no chance :p
but I've got that poster anyway... will be great souveneer... :)

Lemog
05-06-2005, 05:44 AM
jdsb -> how many nuts I eat each morning ? the minimum for ensures a certain percentage of madness for sure...

Gunilla -> I put nothing in my coffee...nothing more... only coffee... but at all hours of the day... certainly the reason...

e-maje -> Je savais que cette image te parlerait... héhé... je l'ai bien connu également la 2 coul... aaaah les souvenirs... que de bons moments avant l'aire du numérique... hahaha... Thanks my friend... Gaelle prefer this one... certainly more funny... but with less messages... and it's not the actual topic... I only hope you find that funny... just made for the pleasure...

Artemesia66 -> :love:

(o)ne -> we are here for the fun, no ? then, let us have fun

Bealobo -> Thanks Bea... I note your advice... dark... but nice :)

el_newty -> I hope that's not the final surprise in this challenge... Thanks mate

BlackDidThis -> I'm very honored and thanks a lot for advices guy... For the moment, I'm not sure of nothing for the final mood... some ideas, some ways... but nothing figed... As you, I like a lot the mood of the post #1299... but certainly it need a bit more contrast between the elements, and a very marked dominant color... now all parts are finish, remain me 1 week to do renders... with ligh tests and compositings test...

Calisto -> Whashed colors are only for the last wallpaper... I hope something stronger for my final picture :scream:

[Wr]JeFf -> Je t'avais prévenu... huhuhuhu

PhiliPJ -> I see that Mister is also a fine expert :beer:

Gpepper -> Happy you like Gilles...

Cipher -> hahahahaha

Tremoside -> Thanks Mark, you reassure me for a mood a little but dark... I must work in this way now, cause dark and contrast together is not easy :wip:

Orion77 -> Thanks Jon...

Alexfalchi > no prob guy... you know... it's the same thing for me and for many challengers... it's not easy to be at all moment here, to survey all threads... I'm not come here for 2 days... hahaha

Atra -> Haha... no soucy girl... this picture is not for the final... I don't want to buy judges with that... hahaha... I continue with the previous project, the first concept...

atra
05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey! I was just kidding :)
But the idea is still great!

Lemog
05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey! I was just kidding :)
But the idea is still great!
:beer:

Well... I'm actually a little bit tired (too much work in my job...) ... but I must continue... Renders are actually calculating at home... but my poor old computer is tired too I think...
Renders in 9 pieces in 7168x4480 pixels...
- mother nature + humano-IDs + electro-dom appliances,
- stones,
- electric pilones,
- cooling towers,
- grass,
- smoke,
- flashes,
- fog,
- foreground vegetation...
I can't imagine the weight of compositing in photoshop :argh: hahahaha...

(o)ne
05-06-2005, 09:48 AM
wow 7168x4480..I wonder if my comp can render that high..need to try :) And yes, we're here for fun! I enjoy the challenge a lot :)

Tremoside
05-06-2005, 10:03 AM
You have some tasks as i see...:scream: Keep it up! There's no doubt about your skills and ideas. You have all the contents what you was looking for. Only a week and a bit more and you will be over it! And after all you will just "sit and wait" for your prize! Sounds good, isn't it? Lotsa power i wish also lotsa fine cups of coffee to keep yourself in spin! Not a good comment, but relax and :) everybody :love: your project and all of us are honoured by your workflow and shared knowledge. Hold your head up....and now back to work :twisted: ..... just a suggestion:rolleyes:

Szia and have a nice day! (legyen szép napod....hungarian)
Mark

gpepper
05-06-2005, 11:20 AM
I can't imagine the weight of compositing in photoshop :argh: hahahaha...

About 500 to 1000 mb ! Do you think your computer will support that !?

I've already worked on a compositon size which was 9000x4500 in photoshop... it's impossible !!! Too slow to see in real time what you do !

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
gpepper it's not impossible. I usually work on pics with dozens of layers and the uncompressed file gets as high as 3 GB

Lemog
05-06-2005, 11:50 AM
(o)ne -> In fact, it's just very long to render... but finally I've a problem to render the PaintFX, rendering stop before the end... I must to do PaintFX rendering in few parts... all is always possible, not very easy but possible :scream:

Tremoside -> just "sit and wait" for your prize! ... hahahaha... really I don't think, when I saw all great artists here... but that pleases so much to me to find me among you, that's so interesting to create together. and as you say... work now :thumbsup:

gpepper -> for the previous challenge, my photoshop files have a weight a little bit more of 500 mb... very long to work on it on my B-PIII450... but I must do it :twisted:

3dRaven -> 3go ?? How it's possible :eek: you must have a super computer, no ? What is the resolution of your picture for a weight like that ?

gpepper
05-06-2005, 12:35 PM
gpepper it's not impossible.

When I said Impossible, I mean, it is #ù$king hard !

Lemog
05-06-2005, 12:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115383606_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115383606_large.jpg)

First real test... not wih the final picture (rendering not finish)...

But I think that's a way... need some tweaking... for sure central part of the picture is too yellow... and too much blur on the Humano-IDs...

Better things tomorrow I think... but I begin to like this picture...

Gunilla
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Cool - so this is where you going! :cool:

Her hands are definitely much more visible now, but I have a small suggestion for you to thin out the fog just a bit over the red fridge since I felt it did lot to help separate the different elements, check the non-smoked version to see what I mean. Just my personal opinion of course, knowing you I'm sure you have plans to further surprise us! - great work and I believe you will get that new computer this time :thumbsup:

Schun
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah Lemog :buttrock:

I really love (like everybody) the funny image (with the Fosters in the fridge :D)
verry high detailled and expressive picture

and the last one is verry nice !
At the beginning, I think you has wanted this blur on humano Ids ... like if they
aren't really living creatures, like ghost (like a normal people in the industry !?) ...
Is it barecode humano IDs have on their back ?

so,
I wide open my eyes and let you finishing your job :D

[wr]JeFf
05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice rendering dear lemog...

it's perhaps a little bit foggy i think... we can't see lot of details (perhaps of the resolution too...)

Fred76
05-06-2005, 03:25 PM
... ben dis donc ou c que tu trouves tout ce temps pour faire des wallpaper en même temps que le challenge ... va falloir que tu me donnes la recette ;) ... ca s'annonce génial, une fois que t'auras trouvé les bons réglages (le blur est trop important mais tu l'as vu puisque tu le note) ... :thumbsup:

... where do you find time to make wallpaper while doing this challenge !!! ... say me how you do ;) ... this will be a great image when you'll find good adjustement for blur and rendering ... :thumbsup:

mosconariz
05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
This thread has been amazing my friend, I have been just watching carefuly your progress... Is great! I love the idea of the TVs with great natural places in the world... I think that mother nature's hands should be more visible; they have similar colors than theire own background... Your color scheme is a little "noisy", maybe you should choose patterns of colors with certain meanings in certain places... Yeah, maybe this is a lot of work, but is just another comment out of a thousand... And finally, the sky; maybe it should be darker, just to have more contrast in that areas... hehehe, hope I haven't made too many noise in your head, mon ami!

Congratulations for the amazing work in details!

PD Thanks for the textures U uploaded to your site a year ago! They're useful!

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Nice update Laurent. I see you've gone for some fog too :) I'm gonna probably switch to making mine in post....it eats up a lot of CPU time :(...

Are you going to cover up the cooling towers in the final ??

AIR
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi lemog,,My hands went limp,cant write nothing. :cry:
I like it a lot.My mama says,life is like box of chocolate,U never know what u gonna get.
I know one thing,this is darn good. :thumbsup:
Seeya L.

gra7
05-06-2005, 06:20 PM
this is good.. but just tooo blur.. heh

is geting better and better.. c ya !

Virtuoso
05-06-2005, 11:16 PM
That should be a poster for the Cg-networks books.....:thumbsup:

........The scene has gained a nice ambiant touch and mood now.....a nice advanced touch to the overall appeal Lolo.......I think the scene now also has a nice mysterious touch to it....The concept/idea is now in full focus,and all well executed,as expected......Unique and a nice lemog touch written all over it.....:arteest: :beer:

Tremoside
05-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Laurent, Your image is coming to life. You told that, those Humano-IDs are a bit blurry, agree with that. But from the other side it will be somehow different at the high-res. Your details are a huge mass and i think it's going to be different on the big image. I mean i have no exact comments right now, coz your image is containing things for a big scene, not a submit entry restricted "thumb". With this am not able to see the overall. At this stage i think you only need to reduce blurs and some color corrections. And you already know these. So keep the spin and GO GO GO:bounce: :bounce: Have a nice day! :wavey:

alexfalchi
05-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Heye Laurent friend the last render looking fantastic..really nice atmophere:thumbsup:
very well done Laurent.

Alex.

MDN67
05-07-2005, 11:56 AM
always a great pic, only onesuggestion, the BG is perhaps can be not rather visible

Tremoside
05-08-2005, 08:03 AM
What am i hearing? Some ventilator's noise? CPU smell? Are you rendering? :bounce:

bealobo
05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
What am i hearing? Some ventilator's noise? CPU smell? Are you rendering? :bounce:

I guess so. I can hear the ventilators' mourning from here too.

Lemog
05-09-2005, 04:16 AM
gunilla -> ok with you for the fog... I think the principal problem in this picture come of the render size of this one... this test was not done with the full render size and I've lose too much details... worse with this fog addition... that crushes the bottom of the image...

Schun -> Thanks my friend, and good eyes you have my friend, effectively, they have barecode on their back.... :drool:

[wr]JeFf -> you're totally right Jeff... too much fog... but as I said befoire, it's only a preview of y goal... the real tests will be made with the final renders in high res... merci de passer par ici l'ami...

Fred76 -> Where I can find time ? really, I don't know... but I can reassure, it's always very difficult... and 3 or 4 times by week... If think to stop the challenge... moments when I'm tired... moment when I would work on this project and I've too much over things to do... but the passion is stronger I think... and I try to do more... no secret... Thanks for the incredible support.

Mosconariz -> Hey Fernando... Estoy realmente muy contento de verte, no sabia que participaba otra vez en esta concurso. Gracias por tus consejos, efectivamente, las manos necesitan mas de contrast. Acabo de ver la mujer que tu realizas y pienso que puede hacer una buena novia para mis Humano-IDs... :)

3dRaven -> In my case... fog is Maya Paint Effect... it's post-processing you know... not too much time to rendering... a chance for me...

A I R -> hahahaha... I don't really know if life is like a chocolate box... but one thing is sure, when this box is empty... it should be filled quickly... good appetite. :banghead:

gra7 -> Thanks Rafael... next version will have less blur... :blush:

Virtuoso -> You have always super booster words my friend... really, and I'm very happy you like my project... few days without working on it... but now... I restart for the final way... and I hope that's the good... :beer:

Tremoside -> You're right Mark... blurry and noisy things are better for the big picture... maybe I must do 2 versions of this picture... the smallest to upload with low fx... and normal for the final tif in high res...

Alexfalchi -> you like this one ? I hope you prefer the next one... :twisted:

MDN67 -> yes, the background is not really visible, but I think it will not more visible in the final picture... there's lot of things to see in this picture, and the background is not the priority... I prefer to keep an hard contrast with Mother Nature / Appliances / HUmano-IDs... Merci pour ta remarque Laurent.

Tremoside 2 -> Sorry my friend... this week end... no computer... but the 8 renders are done... and first compositing on the road... some news soon... and I certainly try to post a link in larger size with each post of tests... that's certainly better, more practicle.

Bealobo -> hahahaha... my dear Bea... I think rather than it is the noise of the bees. :scream:

Lemog
05-09-2005, 06:02 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115618566_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115618566_large.jpg)

Real tests start now... I think the global tone of the picture is a little bit too green... but I hope you like the rest of the picture... I must do other test now... I think it's my way... just remain me to find the good blend ;-)

Lemog
05-09-2005, 06:08 AM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #2 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn155_1600.jpg :beer:

makaron
05-09-2005, 06:16 AM
nice... :bounce: and the leafs in the front really did´t.. :applause: this is a fun image to sit and study, when I drink my coffee.. I see new things and details all the time...

rattlesnake
05-09-2005, 08:19 AM
man u always find the way to make me fall of the chair...amazing result:buttrock:...

super cool!

oh almost forget...this is my new wall paper ...no doubt...:scream:

flaeticia
05-09-2005, 08:49 AM
I regrettably have'nt time to go to see your thread, but you know how much I appreciate your work and more particularly this last test of render as matter of fact a little bit green, certainly, but it stays in the general spirit of the composition: bravo ! :thumbsup:

Elendil_le_Grand
05-09-2005, 09:06 AM
C très beau ... J'aime bcp le rendu :)

Lemog
05-09-2005, 11:01 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115636467_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115636467_large.jpg)

Another test... less green... mood a little bit dark.
Maybe we lose a little some contrast between Mother Nature and the other details.
Next test, certainly tones more warm for Mother Nature... she represent the "good" and the "nature"... the optimist side, then, she certainly need to be less dark. To follow...
;-)

Lemog
05-09-2005, 11:08 AM
makaron -> It's the same thing... each time I drink my coffee.. I want to add new details... for sure, I must stop coffee... not very good for my health :scream:

rattlesnake -> you falling in your chair.. good news and good point for you... like that, you could continue your project... hahahaha :thumbsup:

flaeticia -> At each time, it's always a pleasure to see you here... then... studies in first... I can understand... even if I don't remember mine :D mouarf...

Elendil le BelAvatar -> merci beaucoup l'ami... mais j'espère sincèrement que le dernier sera bien meilleur encore... argh :argh: en tout cas, un grand merci à ton indéfectible support... :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-09-2005, 11:20 AM
HO Laurent this is nice work...always nice updates you make friend....
good luck for all my friend!!:thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
GREAT concept, modelling and Renders Lemog as are the atmospheric effects and the background. i just love how you mixed the modern and nature itself.

As you said mother nature represents the good in things so i would like to give my suggestion if i may. why not the next test render you make , give mother nature a more self illuminating nature just a bit that see lights everything she is touching and distunquishes her more from the background of the "dark".

Great job . keep up the good work :scream::bounce::bounce::beer:

Lemog
05-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Alexfalchi -> Always thanks for your very nice support... :beer:

why not the next test render you make , give mother nature a more self illuminating nature just a bit that see lights everything she is touching and distunquishes her more from the background of the "dark".
You understand well my next goal... I try to do something like that this evening... I'm sure I can have something more "mystical"... :wip:

Lemog
05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #3 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn156_1600.jpg :beer:

Versiden
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
hiya Lemog

you're almost there mate, 1 more week to go ;p

I think the colours and lighting in it's present state make the main character a bit lost in the background.

Lemog
05-09-2005, 11:55 AM
hiya Lemog

you're almost there mate, 1 more week to go ;p

I think the colours and lighting in it's present state make the main character a bit lost in the background.
I agree with you... the mood is more sad... and Mother Nature less here... she have to take her first place in the compo... to be continued :thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
05-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi Laurent,
I discover your composition almost final as I it thought
it very rich in details and small elements, I would try to bring back
a little legibility, can be in center lighting on the subject
principal, on the fog to do it more on the back that on before what
would bring depth and more legibility to the foreground but it would
be necessary on this kind of creation capacity poster much, much
larger for this accounting for the amblor of the image, I awaits the
end which arrives at great step. :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi Laurent,
I discover your composition almost final as I it thought
it very rich in details and small elements, I would try to bring back
a little legibility, can be in center lighting on the subject
principal, on the fog to do it more on the back that on before what
would bring depth and more legibility to the foreground but it would
be necessary on this kind of creation capacity poster much, much
larger for this accounting for the amblor of the image, I awaits the
end which arrives at great step. :thumbsup:
All is right in your sentence my friend... and now, remaim me few day to do some tests... but the most important for me, is trying to have a clean vision... not very easy when we work too much on a project like that...
I certainly proceed step by step... for the next update... I will work on Mother Nature... and tomorrow... the fog... too much modifications in one time risk to disturb too much the real perception...
Thanks for taking time here Eric :thumbsup:

Gunilla
05-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Yes - definitely more sad mood now - beautiful, really. Each render is getting better and better ... :bowdown:

I'm two minds on the front foliage. It's adding a lot of depth to the image and that's good, but on the other hand it might give the impression it's a group of Nature trees - not only Mother herself. But on the other hand, this is your fantasy so whatever you choose is the right thing ;). Love it more and more.

Good luck for the final render tweaking :thumbsup:

e-maje
05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
It is splendid, very very beautiful ! :thumbsup:
That feels the final image with full nose that ! :bounce:
Gaelle which was septic until there is allured by this image :applause:

AIR
05-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Man o man.DYNAMITE.I had so much problems with my composition in rendring it.
I dont want to dream this nightmare on my pc.keep it.Nothing much to comment. :thumbsup:

sergioKomic
05-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Hmm, contrary to the high quality of your pic, the thunders(?) in the BG look "photoshoped"
maybe you should "lemog it:arteest: " a bit !

[wr]JeFf
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Nice rendering as usual with you... :)

I think it's still a little too greeny... but the fog is better !!!

Good luck for the end !!

Tremoside
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi Laurent,

Thanks for these links! Great all! :beer:
So am not good enough in english to explain what is my opinion, but i try to form it into simple words... Some of your fan's was wrote it's a bit greenie... i think you shuld give a CMYK print for a test (maybe you already did that). You know how surprising when you watch your work in a physical form. Maybe that can help a lot with details balances and composition touches. Your latest post shows much better balance. Those fine colorups with Mother's contours grab her more into the front! Perhaps if you give more darkness in front of her could be also fine. Not on the things under her hands...the area in front of her thighs. Good to hear you have the renders! Am on your side man...that would be a heart attack if you couldn't be done with those! Now i have to go home and do my tasks..tomorrow a psychology exam...so i don't know when can i check again :cry:
Till that..have a nice day/night! :wavey:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 04:38 AM
Gunilla -> Thanks girl... effectively... vegetation in foreground give more depth... but in the right part... It's a litte bit confuse... I certainly tru an another thing, more clear and less disturbing.

e-maje -> if Gaëlle begin to like this picture... I think it's a good thing for me... thanks to mistress then :thumbsup:

A I R -> You know, it's a nightmare for me too... very har to work with big files like that on my computer... but I try to be organized... :)

sergioKomic -> Thunders are not "photoshoped"... it's Maya PaintFX... but I'm oky with you... the effect don't agree me totally... I must certainly find another thing... or composite it differently... Thanks to point this problem... :bounce:

[wr]JeFf -> Thanks for your wishes my friend :beer:

Tremoside -> you're totally right Mark... always in the final steps, I do some prints in CMJN... I've the chance to have some big laser color printers in my job... the difference of color tone is less important in print than on screen... the first... too much greeny appear less green...
But an another render come... I print it too... and it's the better for me...
I do it before I read the latest comments... then, remain me some modifications... but we approach to the end of this project I think...
I can reassure you, your english is very good for me... I understand all very well... and I don't think to be understandable as you Mark...
Have a nice too my friend... I will have a thought for your psycology exam :buttrock:

el-newty
05-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Hi Lemog,
You did a great job.
I like especialy the back light effect on the mother nature :)
I have also 2 tips for you:
- the sky, I think, should be more blueish-grey to be in contrast with the green leafs
- the TVs have pictures on screen... hmmm... they shoudn't be off
Good luck and :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Hi Lemog,
You did a great job.
I like especialy the back light effect on the mother nature :)
I have also 2 tips for you:
- the sky, I think, should be more blueish-grey to be in contrast with the green leafs
- the TVs have pictures on screen... hmmm... they shoudn't be off
Good luck and :thumbsup:

Thanks guy... for the sky... I would make certainly more tests again, but you will see that the next image has more contrast with the backgroud.
And for the TVs... sorry... but TVs on is a important part of the story... only nature screen... when these appliances are in presence of Mother Nature... :beer:
Now, it's time to update...

Lemog
05-10-2005, 05:39 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115703547_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115703547_large.jpg)

I've especially work on the contrast between Mother Nature and the rest of the scene... I think it's better like that...

Remain me some details to modify... the foreground vegetation at right... test to put fog in the background, just behind Mother Nature... certainly again better for the contrast.
Foreground a little bit darker...
And flashes... I don't think to be very good for that... mmmh ;-)

Agamemnwn
05-10-2005, 05:44 AM
Hi lemog it looks great. It clearly distinquishes mother nature and everything she touches for the gry and destroyed background . Keep up the good work :thumbsup::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 05:48 AM
Hi lemog it looks great. It clearly distinquishes mother nature and everything she touches for the gry and destroyed background . Keep up the good work :thumbsup::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Thanks guy... I think this one is really better than the previous... to see better the details I will post link for the picture in larger size... :beer:

Squibbit
05-10-2005, 05:57 AM
woww u again twisted some ploys for this

psst.. the lightning looks a bit like paperr..

gpepper
05-10-2005, 05:58 AM
ça commence à faire du monde là ! aller plus que 8 jours !

ace4016
05-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Great image Lemog. No critiques from me:thumbsup: .

[wr]JeFf
05-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Haa !!! This render is very nice lemog ! go(o)d job ;)

Lemog
05-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Squibbit -> yep man... more tests of lightning comes... If I can :scream:

gpepper -> Ouaip ça sent la fin... maintenant, c'est un peu dilettante pour moi... courage à toi :thumbsup:

ace4016 -> Thanks a lot James :)

[wr]JeFf -> go(o)d job... hahahahaha... I try to bring me closer to the sky :banghead: Thanks Jeff :D

Lemog
05-10-2005, 06:29 AM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #4 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn157_1600.jpg :beer:

alexfalchi
05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Hey Laurent for me is time for final image from you!!....I think you have made nice update and I don't know who you can modify more!! for me just perfect..aniway i'm wait for your more aniy idea!!:drool:

Alex.

Lemog
05-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Hey Laurent for me is time for final image from you!!....I think you have made nice update and I don't know who you can modify more!! for me just perfect..aniway i'm wait for your more aniy idea!!:drool:

Alex.

It's sure, not remain me major udpates... but it rest few days to finish my entry... I've time to do some other tests... I'm not always satisfied at 100%... for the moment... only 85% :scream:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Today it's the birthday of a great friend, Michael Madic alias Virtuoso (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2262966&posted=1#post2262966)... you can go on his thread for wish him his birthday... and for fun, I've made this new wallpaper...:thumbsup: (click on the picture for the wallpaper in 1600x1200 pixels)

CHAMPAGNE !! :scream:

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/michael_800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/michael_1600.jpg)

Humano-IDs and Lemog...

Deadlyforce
05-10-2005, 08:11 AM
This is looking cool so far, however I'll make a few crits :D :

This is my own poitn of view, but I think that your background is not so useful the way it is here. I mean, it's not obvious to distinguish the elements and the lightning.
Maybe the main trouble comes from the lightning itself...it's not bright and nobody never saw an unshiny lightning.
You could also unify your picture by working on a similar lighting scheme in your background than in your foreground.
Just thoughts...

Good luck near the finish line !

Gunilla
05-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Lol!! Wonderful, really! What a party crowd :scream:

... latest render to of course, each one getting better and better :arteest:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 08:16 AM
This is looking cool so far, however I'll make a few crits :D :

This is my own poitn of view, but I think that your background is not so useful the way it is here. I mean, it's not obvious to distinguish the elements and the lightning.
Maybe the main trouble comes from the lightning itself...it's not bright and nobody never saw an unshiny lightning.
You could also unify your picture by working on a similar lighting scheme in your background than in your foreground.
Just thoughts...

Good luck near the finish line !
You're totally right for lightning... as I say say before... I must do another test... the principal problem is that this background don't need to be more visible, more understandable... it just need to be here for the mood... but sure... this evening I try to do an another lightning...
Thans for comments Norman :)

Lemog
05-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Lol!! Wonderful, really! What a party crowd :scream: hahaha :beer: ready miss ?

Lemog
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115724860_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115724860_large.jpg)

Humano-IDs are presenting here each renders for compositing layers in photoshop...

Lemog
05-10-2005, 11:37 AM
if you want to see the same update in bigger size, follow this link :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn158_1600.jpg :beer:

Tremoside
05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes! Update 4 is more refined! Looks great! Good to hear it's looks also good in print! Am over the exam and i think that was right. thanks your thought:thumbsup: . I can't say anything specific about your latest update. I feel it's ready. If i were you i should stop that. Of course you can see lots of minor "problems" but these are just personal taste. Honestly as an average viewer i think it's done. Lot of people wrote about minor tweaks or style questions...i don't know... Everybody have a new comment to do this do that, but...so it's personal. If we watch the overall image i think you did the ART. Excellent idea, fine mood, amazing models and brutal mass of details. Of course if we watch it with a magnifier we can find some things, but everybody will find different stuffs important. Depends on personality. Not a good comment, but an honest explanation of my viewpoint.

flaeticia
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Ouaou ! :thumbsup:
As usual you represent the french connection ! :buttrock:
I really appreciate this very human presentation !
Bravo for these supernatural ideas ! :scream:
is that any 1664 effect ? :D
Kept silent impresses me, Im always open-mouthed in front of so much talent :love: :buttrock:

Lemog
05-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Yes! Update 4 is more refined! Looks great! Good to hear it's looks also good in print! Am over the exam and i think that was right. thanks your thought:thumbsup: . I can't say anything specific about your latest update. I feel it's ready. If i were you i should stop that. Of course you can see lots of minor "problems" but these are just personal taste. Honestly as an average viewer i think it's done. Lot of people wrote about minor tweaks or style questions...i don't know... Everybody have a new comment to do this do that, but...so it's personal. If we watch the overall image i think you did the ART. Excellent idea, fine mood, amazing models and brutal mass of details. Of course if we watch it with a magnifier we can find some things, but everybody will find different stuffs important. Depends on personality. Not a good comment, but an honest explanation of my viewpoint.
You're totally right... minor tweakings... and so... after few render tests... that will be very hard to take the good decision... I try to add the latest ideas... and then... I stop...
For sure, at each render test, each new detail to modify... I must stop one day :beer:
Thanks to stop here Mark... always an incredible pleasure to have your advice.. you advised advices :wavey: Bonne journée mon ami :)

Lemog
05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
is that any 1664 effect ? :D

Take care sweet girl... no 1664 here... we are in the country of Fosters beer :beer: This one permit me to have the power to create... and 1664, the power to only speak english better... :scream:

alexfalchi
05-10-2005, 12:58 PM
ahaha nice one Laurent..fantastic presentation!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

sonicstrawbery
05-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Haha it's really beautiful Lemog !! :thumbsup:

Great sense of presentation also, i haven't time to read all i missed in this thread but i can take some seconds to encourage you again and again !!

Good luck my friend it's really good !!!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Haha! You sure make your critters work hard today! :scream: Wonder what you're up with next? HumanoIDs on the beach lazily waiting for that final render...?

And thanks for the comp presentation, always interesting. :thumbsup:

jdsb
05-10-2005, 04:18 PM
how beautiful:scream::eek::bounce:http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

morgan
05-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I like your work a lot. You can render!!! Many details and i like the colors too.

[wr]JeFf
05-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Very nice birthday card.. and nice presentation of your layers...

In fact, these Humano-Id are YOUR slave... :D i begin to understand ....

flaeticia
05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Take care sweet girl... no 1664 here... we are in the country of Fosters beer :beer: This one permit me to have the power to create... and 1664, the power to only speak english better... :scream:

Excellent humor ! :thumbsup:
All liquids dont change you :scream:

dmonk
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Excellent idea for displaying your compositing!

I really love how this all turned out!

Virtuoso
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes......I love that....How all those wonderful Human Id's are holding up those WIP signs......very creative,very interesting,and very fun.......but i expect this from you Lolo......you're entry again is so interesting and outside of the box,fresh......and with that lemog touch,always special...........:arteest:

......by the way,,,,,,big thanks for that wallpaper.....what a Birthday card......Such a kind gesture,those Human id's got drunk on my birthday......they looked so great with those glasses saluting.......Great touch,and very kind of you.......Thanks very much,I really appreaciate that.....You are one talented.....and classey guy......:arteest: :beer:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 03:49 AM
Alexfalchi -> Thanks mate :)

cipher -> Thanks to take some seconds for me Séb... I now it's not easy... I now that and I thank you for your encouragements... and good luck for you too :thumbsup:

Gunilla -> hmmmm ? Humano-IDs on ze beach... very good idea... I must think to that... :banghead:

jdsb -> :scream:

morgan -> Thanks a lot for the support Purevee... :thumbsup:

[wr]JeFf -> Always a dream to have some slaves... no ? mmmh ? finally no... I prefer to be the master of myself... it's better for the world around... :cool:

Agamemnwn
05-11-2005, 03:53 AM
Great set to show the layers , and the way the ids say the happy birthday with raising up the glasses :bounce::bounce: GREAT :scream:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Flaeticia -> You're right casquet'girl... liquids don't have effects on me... that's call the experience :scream: hahahahahaha

dmonk -> Thanks for your comments Tony :bowdown:

Virtuoso -> I'm very happy you like the birthday card Michael... and we must celebrate the most important moments of the life, no ? Here are which is made thanks to Humano-IDs and especially, to the Champagne, wine associated with the great events...
...have a nice day my friend :wavey:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 03:57 AM
Great set to show the layers , and the way the ids say the happy birthday with raising up the glasses :bounce::bounce: GREAT :scream:
héhé... Thanks Jannis :beer: and don't forget glasses... http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/mod%E9ration/vignette/thumbnails/flute2champ_gif.gifhttp://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/mod%E9ration/vignette/thumbnails/flute2champ_gif.gif

Lemog
05-11-2005, 05:26 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115789202_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115789202_large.jpg)

Another test... certainly not the final...
Principally, I push the fog behind her... that better for the lisibility I think...
The foreground is now a little bit darker... and I reduce the vegetation at right...
Better ? I hope, but I think now the foreground fog is too much visible, more that the previous version... grrr... ;-)

Lemog
05-11-2005, 05:30 AM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #5 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn159_1600.jpg :beer:

(o)ne
05-11-2005, 05:41 AM
:beer: :)

one crit - those lightings at the right looks painted over image..they should be beneath the tree I guess..I mean their layer..

and great pics about birthday and layers!

Lemog
05-11-2005, 05:47 AM
:beer: :)

one crit - those lightings at the right looks painted over image..they should be beneath the tree I guess..I mean their layer..

I don't fondamently change the setup of lights, but I think that's due to the fog, which seems much denser at this place, and for sure, now it's more visible... Thanks for comments Stepan :thumbsup:

Agamemnwn
05-11-2005, 06:34 AM
i think is better thank the previous setup Laurent, because the vegitation in the front and right was blocking the main character in the scene ( mother earth) and the fog was to intence in front and was blocking the Ids. i have one crit about the volume of the fog i think it looks too solid in some parts if you know what i mean.not so much variation in them. also about the stones in the back of mother nature i think they are too blury in comparison to the front of the mother nature. is it the DOF?
and i have one suggestion about the musticality of the mother nature. How about making some flares and glows in photoshop around mother nature and the humanoids ( if you have time and if you want)

alexfalchi
05-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Laurent...onestly I like all version, just you can decide now ..lovely job friend!!:thumbsup:

(o)ne
05-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Laurent...I don't mean light, but lighting (not sure I can write it right :rolleyes: ), that comes from the sky after the thunder..(or before..who cares :) )

Lemog
05-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Laurent...onestly I like all version, just you can decide now ..lovely job friend!!:thumbsup:
You're so funny mate... and so nice... I will try to don't do more of 8 tests... :scream:

Laurent...I don't mean light, but lighting (not sure I can write it right :rolleyes: ), that comes from the sky after the thunder..(or before..who cares :) )
Okay... I understand better... lightning and not lighting... (I'm not very strong in english too :scream: ) you're right... I hate these lightning too... but for the moment, I don't find something better... I think to that...
Thanks a lot Stepan for explanation...

jarvetu
05-11-2005, 09:53 AM
This reminds me a bit of meats meiers work, looks great!

Lemog
05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey... :bounce: you're the second guy who say me that Tuomas... I take that as a really apprecied compliment... Thanks a lot mate... I think we have a common point... the love of details... and I hope to have a day a little part of his talent :thumbsup:

Thanks again... the day start well today :scream: hahahahaha

Lemog
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115813375_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115813375_large.jpg)

I post this one... but I'm not very satisfied... too much fog in foreground... too much fog behind her...

An another version come soon... but with new lightning... ;-)

Lemog
05-11-2005, 12:12 PM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #6 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn160_1600.jpg :beer:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 12:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115814841_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115814841_large.jpg)

Similar at the previous one... but with less fog... and especially with some new lightnings... definitively, I prefer these one ;-)

Lemog
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #7 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn161_1600.jpg :beer:

inkonyto
05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
whooooa !!! Bravo Lemog, i find it great !!!

I prefer this last test : Elements fits together as well, it's clear and beautiful

congrats mec :):)

flaeticia
05-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Hello coco

This version this isnt bad of the whole ! :)
It reminds me Sims 2, when the food stay on the ground for a long time :argh:, it escapes a sort of greensih smoke which we feel in your image
That isnt bad, but I find that wastes a little, its pity... :shrug:

(o)ne
05-11-2005, 01:15 PM
I like Render Test #06 but with lower half of Render Test #7 :thumbsup:

vampeta
05-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi Lemog,

Great Image!!:thumbsup:

..only one small point of critique. The Lightning looks a bit to dim (i knew that´s a fog problem) maybe you can use the dogde tool in photoshop to bright it a bit up in posteffects.
Take a look at this Picture than you see what i mean :: PICTURE (http://www.crh.noaa.gov/jkl/events/Severe%20Weather/Events/2004/05-27-04/lightning%20west%20liberty.JPG)

The rest looks absolut stunning & impressive... like all your other images ;)

Hope it helps a bit

Good luck to you!
Alex

Lemog
05-11-2005, 01:26 PM
inkonyto -> Thanks for advice gars... I'm near to the end now... I hope :D

flaeticia -> hahaha... :) Take care girl... generally, real life is worse than the Sim life... :shrug:

(o)ne -> A blend for the next version ? hahaha... thank you for your always good advices... :arteest:

vampeta -> Ok... thanks for the picture... I understand well your thought... this effect is certainly maximized cause the fog... effectively... I've do some test with something lower... but for the moment, without good result... but remain me some good days before the end... I've time to explore more... :beer:

Tremoside
05-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Nice thunder behind! The fog is also better...so just keep tweaking :buttrock: as i see losta things you're thinking on.

All of the pixels will be designed...:eek: no doubt! :buttrock: :beer:

Have nice day you too!

Lemog
05-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Nice thunder behind! The fog is also better...so just keep tweaking :buttrock: as i see losta things you're thinking on.

All of the pixels will be designed...:eek: no doubt! :buttrock: :beer:

Have nice day you too!
Hey Thanks Mark... the only one problem I have... is certainly to stop thinking to this picture... but I must stop one day... no ? :beer: Nice day for you too... :D

Tremoside
05-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Just wait till the next challenge...hah:scream: :twisted:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 04:24 PM
And now, just for fun... a picture I create while playing with renders... why I like it... I don't know, but I find inside something disturbing... don't know what exactly... maybe her glance...

I hope you like it too girls and guys :D

For sure, if you want, you have the wallpaper in 1600x1200 if you click on the picture... Enjoy :bounce:

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/portrait_mn800.jpg (http://lemog.free.fr/MN/bonus/portrait_mn1600.jpg)

alexfalchi
05-11-2005, 04:28 PM
My frined Laurent you working strong eh??! good mate good!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

3dRaven
05-11-2005, 04:30 PM
but I find inside something disturbing...

It's those icy cold eyes Lemog.....no mercy

jdsb
05-11-2005, 04:32 PM
wow,stunning work man..i cant wait to see a 3000px + render of the whole thing:D:thumbsup:

el-newty
05-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Yoopy... Now I have a beautiful wallpaper, Thanks Lemog :thumbsup:

Good luck.

Tranchefeux
05-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi Laurent, now I like much better, I can you suggest by contribution
with my taste decreasing the light on the with dimensions one to
center even more on the principal subject, if you with means of
improving the branch blur which imitates the depth of field,
cool, the last not, on the flashes, good I will not be
sympathetic, but, you is a Master then made as it it must, go, go for
the close end. :thumbsup:

Ludal
05-11-2005, 06:09 PM
hey Lemog, Really nice job!

I like the concept.
Je regrette juste un ti truc, on voit un peu trop le compositing, enfin il semble y avoir quelques problemes de cohérence dans la lumière en fait....sur les divers layer.. enfin sa vien peut etre de moi je sais pas :sad:
L'autre petite remarque se situe au niveau de l'atmosphere... on en ressent moins que dans ton precedent challenge je trouve....
enfin je dis tout ça mais moi je fais pas mieux, bon boulot mister Lemog :thumbsup:
Je te suis de pret meme si j'arrive pas a te repondre souvent ;)

Lemog
05-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Alexfalchi -> Strong... no mate... only trying to find the better thing for my picture... and as you know, the final way is always an hard problem... many different advices here put the trouble in my mind :D

3dRaven -> Are you afraid too Greg :scream: ?

jdsb -> be patient man... few days... or today with a lot of chance... :thumbsup:

el_newty -> Glad to see you like it :)

Tranchefeux -> I will try to do my best... I'm not a real artist as you... but only a worker of pictures which compensates his artistic lack by working... well... next tweaking come very nearly... certainly I stop today tests... :arteest:

Ludal -> I understand your point of view concerning lights... In fact, rather compositing, I used many colored lights in my scene... and for sure, of different colors... that increase this aspect disturbing for you... no GI here or special renderer... only basic Maya Software Render...
I will post soon explanation of my lights setup... that will be easily to understand I think... :beer:

Agamemnwn
05-12-2005, 05:14 AM
Hi laurent, I like the new render better than the previous ones. The lighting is better than before and the humanoids are looking better without too much fog. GREAT :scream::bounce::thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-12-2005, 06:18 AM
Laurent Thank you! I will make a test about resolution! I hope i have some space to rotate! Thanks again...It's cear now absolutely!.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :greatmanyou're:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi laurent, I like the new render better than the previous ones. The lighting is better than before and the humanoids are looking better without too much fog. GREAT :scream::bounce::thumbsup:
Thanks Jannis.. if each new picture is better than the previous one... I must ask to judges if I can continue to do tests on month more, no ? :scream:
Seriously... Now I must pass to another thing, right ? I take the ultimate decision today... :)

Lemog
05-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Laurent Thank you! I will make a test about resolution! I hope i have some space to rotate! Thanks again...It's cear now absolutely!.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :greatmanyou're:
The space is the principal prob... exist too an another solution... in the same thought than the little photo of his girlfriend... you try a square format... euhhhhh... not completely square... by exemple... 1000x1024... subtil but not really square and in this case... no prob with resolution...
Good luck for the final way Mark :thumbsup:

AIR
05-12-2005, 06:34 AM
How many layers you said this image counts? :eek:
Lemog,this is MY nightmare.the count,the detail,whooaaa.

Lemog
05-12-2005, 07:02 AM
How many layers you said this image counts? :eek:
Lemog,this is MY nightmare.the count,the detail,whooaaa.
The weigh of the picture is my nightmare too... cause my computer is very old...
I can't have a too big photoshop file... 15 layers is really a maximum... with a 7168x4480 resolution... I will post a snapshot in few minutes... :scream:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 07:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115881557_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115881557_large.jpg)

For AIR... a Photoshop snap of the compositing... I will be happy to do better thing inside this software... but it's very hard with a slow computer... more of 5 mn to open the file... arghhhh... for a weight of 350 mb...

[wr]JeFf
05-12-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't want to be your computer Lemog... he's suffering a lot i think :D poor cpu :'(:'(

Lemog
05-12-2005, 07:31 AM
JeFf']I don't want to be your computer Lemog... he's suffering a lot i think :D poor cpu :'(:'(
You can't really imagine my friend... by moments, I hear a very disturbing noise... don't know if it's the hard disk or an another things... I must don't forget toi save frequently the files on DVDs :argh: ...

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 07:45 AM
35oMB??!! wow very big my friend!!...my image is just 37MB:)

aniway...have best luck my friend!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

alex.h.
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
thats wowowowo, great mate lemog, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TRXSI
05-12-2005, 08:00 AM
your my favourite callanger in this challenge

MDN67
05-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi lolo
Je te parles en français car j'ai des explications a te demander et je ne suis pas trés bon en anglais.
Comment fais-tu? Tu rends en 3D les différentes parties de ta composition, éléments par éléments et lorsque que cela est fait, tu les integres les unes aux autres par l'utilisation de calques sous toshop? C'est ca?

icedeyes
05-12-2005, 08:25 AM
As always a great update lemog... I like the compositing so far... My only suggestions is that it should be a little darker because of the background and all...

Agamemnwn
05-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks Jannis.. if each new picture is better than the previous one... I must ask to judges if I can continue to do tests on month more, no ? :scream:
Seriously... Now I must pass to another thing, right ? I take the ultimate decision today... :)

Hi Laurent, i know exactly what you mean. Always thinking, maybe if change this maybe if i change that. :scream::banghead: Its always hard especially if you made the image to be objective and see the final in front of your eyes. good luck with the desicion.:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 08:47 AM
35oMB??!! wow very big my friend!!...my image is just 37MB:)

It's the weight of the Photoshop file... the .PSD with all layers... the final picture in TIFF will be made around 90mo I think... :scream:

thats wowowowo, great mate lemog, see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Alex the artist :bowdown:

your my favourite callanger in this challenge
Your words touch me a lot you know... A mountain of thanks Ali :bounce:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi lolo
Je te parles en français car j'ai des explications a te demander et je ne suis pas trés bon en anglais.
Comment fais-tu? Tu rends en 3D les différentes parties de ta composition, éléments par éléments et lorsque que cela est fait, tu les integres les unes aux autres par l'utilisation de calques sous toshop? C'est ca?
Pour cette image, j'ai réalisé 9 rendus des différents éléments à dispatcher sur 9 layers différents. mais sans supprimer les éléments non rendu, j'ai simplement utilisé pour un shade qui s'appelle "use background" qui me permet de récupérer quand même les ombres portées sur les autres éléments non rendus... de cette façon, je peux mixer à façon des layers dans Photoshop...

For this picture, I've done 9 different renders... but with the same scene... for for dispatching then of several layers... but without delete elements not rendered, I simply used for them a Maya shader named "use background" which permit me to keep good shadows of the non renderd objects... with this manner, I can mix these layers as I want in Photoshop... :beer:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 08:58 AM
As always a great update lemog... I like the compositing so far... My only suggestions is that it should be a little darker because of the background and all...
Ok I note that... I have another idea... and something darker for the background... :thumbsup:

Hi Laurent, i know exactly what you mean. Always thinking, maybe if change this maybe if i change that. :scream::banghead: Its always hard especially if you made the image to be objective and see the final in front of your eyes. good luck with the desicion.:thumbsup:
Now... it's impossible for me to be really objective... that's the true and hard reallity... :scream: hahahahahaha... but we do that for the fun, no ? and with the hope to be better each time... the answer after the challenge... :banghead:

AIR
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
WWWOOOOOOOWW.S....t
Man,U'r one brave son of a gun,to mess with so many layers in that resolution.
BRRRGGGH.
Now I see what u meant by,,think about rendering and post.Brrrrr :argh:
But I think I'l work in double less layers,and the resolution.
Wasnt the guideline for res about 3000 something by 2000 something,,or something like that.
Or in the end as much as your computer and software allow u too do?
Wasn't that the case.please say it is.. :argh: :eek:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
WWWOOOOOOOWW.S....t
Man,U'r one brave son of a gun,to mess with so many layers in that resolution.
BRRRGGGH.
Now I see what u meant by,,think about rendering and post.Brrrrr :argh:
But I think I'l work in double less layers,and the resolution.
Wasnt the guideline for res about 3000 something by 2000 something,,or something like that.
Or in the end as much as your computer and software allow u too do?
Wasn't that the case.please say it is.. :argh: :eek:
Sorry mate... your words seem a bit confused for my bad english... I'm sorry.. I'm certainly a little bit tired too... I start my job very early :scream:
Can you try to ask your question more simply for me please... :banghead: (I have a little shame of me)

... :shrug:

AIR
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Your final image dimensions should be in print resolution (as large as you can possibly render). Do not send in a low-resolution placeholder and ask us to get back to you, as we won't. A guideline is 2657 pixels wide and/or 3636 high, 300 DPI (portrait), or 3636 pixels wide and/or 2657 pixels high, 300 DPI (landscape). Your image aspect ratio and layout will dictate the final resolution. These are given as guidelines. To be safe, render images that are larger than these specified. DO NOT upsample your images to achieve higher resolution. If you cannot reach the desired full-page resolution, just send in what you have.
Im sorry to,my english isn't as good as I sometimes think when I start writing :)

Lemog
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Im sorry to,my english isn't as good as I sometimes think when I start writing :)
I don't think to be better... :argh:

And to return to the previous, my resolution of 7168x4480 in 72ppp permit a print in 300 dpi in 60x38 cm... largely sufficient... :)

Lemog
05-12-2005, 11:07 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115896025_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115896025_large.jpg)

New test... my poor girls and guys... ;-)

Modifications :
- a lighting a little bit stronger,
- towers more visible
- stones more visible
- lightning more lighter
- I cut a branche below at left... (lemog the gardener... you know ?)
- and some minor adjustements...

Better or no ?

Lemog
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #8 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn162_1600.jpg :beer:

alex.h.
05-12-2005, 11:26 AM
stuning work. love it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Now the end of the thunder is much better!! That area with towers got more depth! As i see now the main character Mther Nature's leaves are not in dof. The overall image has great depth, but there are less depth inside the main character. She is really large and her "hair" is could be around 20 meters in diameter, so perhaps you should add some depth with some more blurry leaves...I don't know how can it work, but perhaps it can. I don't want to disturb you to do more, but "try to pay back" for your eagle eye and great advices. In these kind of cases i used to apply a "color perspective" It means: More colors to the closer object, less colors to backround. Simply applied in Photoshop with a hue/stauration correction and downsampled sturations. After that just painting the mas to egalize stuffs. With this trick you don't loose details, just modifing colors less intensive. It's an average trick at our scool, but we used to do this with pastel on paper... Am sure you know this, but your PC is on the limit....so just suggestions...:bowdown:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 12:00 PM
alex.h. -> Thanks my friend... I hope now to be near of the end :bounce:

Tremoside -> What you sai is totally right... I've do some tests for desatured background,but at first view... not the better... I must certainly continue, to find the good value... Thanks for tips Mark :thumbsup:

I just have an another idea, which could be used for better cutting out all the details of the scene. Doing a outline render only in black and white and composite it sweetly with the scene, but really very light
... maybe the result can be good and for what not... better ?

I think I must try that quickly... go Lemog...:bounce: hahaha :banghead:

TRXSI
05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
lemog you sight good subject.i see the work want more depth :)

flaeticia
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Lemog the gardenner ... Oh Yes, I imagine well that huhu :wise::thumbsup:
This test isnt bad, because we see all the present elements in your scene (almost all)
If I had to vote, I shall vote yes, (saddened the constitution haunt) huhu :bounce:

keep it up, youre not far from having the best image :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
TRXSI -> :)

Flaeticia -> Stop to imagine me in gardener... it's not a real good place for me... Atchaaaaaa :scream:
OK... I keep the version #8 for the moment... I will post the vector render to compositte for the next test... as I say before... just few minutes :bounce:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115904840_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115904840_large.jpg)

This is the Maya Vector Render to composite on the previous Render... to maybe permit better visualization of details...

(o)ne
05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
yes, it should :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Respect my friend!!:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-12-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115911326_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5836/5836_1115911326_large.jpg)

In fact... exactly the same than the previous... the #8 but with layer addition of the outline render... low fusion and a little blurred...

That's effectvely better for me... and you all ? ;-))

3dRaven
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
The added vector render looks like a good choice. Just fix it near the left side of mother natures waist.. :)

Lemog
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
yes, it should :thumbsup:
Totally for me :D not too much but only what this picture need !
I do a print in A3... and that's agree me... thanks to continue to be here Stepan :thumbsup:

Respect my friend!!:thumbsup:
Now I'm a little afraid... what can I find to do after this M&S Challenge ? :scream: hahahahaha

and this is the link for the latest update, Render Test #9 in bigger size :

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/mn163_1600.jpg :beer:

sergioKomic
05-12-2005, 03:40 PM
a lighting a little bit stronger,
Much much better but I think it still needs a bit of tweeking!
GO Go now!

sonicstrawbery
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
C'est le chaos totale mais c'est harmonieux !

Great work mate, the colors scheme is wonderful :thumbsup:

inkonyto
05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
I really love the last one :thumbsup: don't ask me why..... :shrug: Nice vector render too :)

It's getting better all the time....

Keep it up :buttrock:

Elendil_le_Grand
05-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Oui c mieux comme ça je trouve c vraiment une très belle image :)

(o)ne
05-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Totally for me :D not too much but only what this picture need !
I do a print in A3... and that's agree me... thanks to continue to be here Stepan :thumbsup:

It's my pleasure. Laurent :beer:

sgabe
05-12-2005, 07:59 PM
I like your idea Lemog! The realization is very impressive too. Just one thing...perhaps you could make a picture with warmer rich colours. :rolleyes: But it is amazing anyway! :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi Lolo....the last render is more refined,has a better mood,it's slight actually,but when you compare the two you can see this quite easily.......Really have come to the finish,in in fine fashion,a well conceived concept with that look and feel of a true Lemog......Like a fine wine,you're entry has aged just right........:arteest: :beer:

Tremoside
05-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Agree with Virtuoso. Works and visible changes. Gives more exact shapes. Nice touch!

vampeta
05-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi Lemog,

The outline works! mush better contrast on the Scene! I love it! :thumbsup:

How about to darken the backround on the left Side a bit?... to give more focus on all the characters on your scene... It´s just a feel when i look at your picture... But you are the Master ;) !

Nevermind great work. Make it Finished it´s my Favorite!!

See ya Friend
Alex

Lemog
05-13-2005, 04:56 AM
sergioKomic -> I don't know... then, with more contrast with the background perhaps... Thanks :)

cipher -> Thanks Seb... as you know... it's the same chaos in my mind :eek: huhuhuhu

inkonyto -> Thanks Christophe, we're near to end now... :bounce:

Elendil le Cool -> Merci mec... ça va rouler comme çà alors :thumbsup:

(o)ne -> :beer:

Sgabe -> Hey... the "brother"... :wavey: sorry for more warm colors... the first render tests are done with warmest colors... and that's agree less at first view... and I must do my choice today... In any case... thanks to come here and hello to the Seljan Family :wavey:

Lemog
05-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Virtuoso -> Thanks for these words... #9 is at first view the better choice... very good... I like your comparison between vine and me... but you know, Lemog and Vine are only one... :beer: hahahaha

Tremoside -> Always thanks to you Mark... and thanks for all your veru good councils in this challenge... really appreciate :arteest:

Vampeta -> hmm ? Alex ? :bounce: a latest modification ? mmmh... maybe... :banghead: hahaha...

just that... this night... I finally work on a different version... I try to keep all the good things of the previous test... but with more freedom... in my arm... in my hand... in my eyes and in my mind... freely and trying to do abstraction of all the many things I do before... I hope this new picture can agree you all... maybe better... mmh... different ? sure :D
I post it nearly...

Gunilla
05-13-2005, 05:21 AM
Wow! Some things have been happening around here I see :). The vector layer seems to have been that little extra - very clever :thumbsup:
It's all coming together so nicely, with that special warmth of yours... wonderful updates, dear! :)

Wandddo
05-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi Laurent!:) Really great work... I liked the chaotic scene aspect... but I'm not sure with the lightnings... maybe one little more glow in this... good lucky to you and keep coming :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
cheers

TheFirstAngel
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Monsigneir, u rock u know that? freakin awesome rendershot, so much to find so sweet details, and your mother nature turned out so beautifull! keep on rocking laurent! wow wow wow!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :buttrock: :applause: