PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Marlon Kromodikoro

Art2
03-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Marlon Kromodikoro has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5802)

Latest Update: Final Image: Taking care of the bullies
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116493611_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116493611_large.jpg)

Once upon a time there was this little girl, who was pestered by her classmates.
After months of agony, she decided that it was enough. Because her teacher and parents couldn\'t help her, she decided to take measures in her own hand. She went to the postoffice to look if she could find a wizard in the Yellowpages. After minutes of puzzling and looking, she finally found one who satisfies her requirements. This particular wizard was a SpiritMaster, Mage extraordinaire, level 7+.
This would mean that she will have to collect all her savings and allowance, because these wizards come with a hefty pricetag.

This is it!
Many thanks for the support and feedback, it really kept me going. This was a great challenge with excellent entries. I enjoyed it immensely.

PainterIX / Photoshop7
3000x4000 300dpi

Squibbit
03-22-2005, 08:48 AM
heh i already spent a time lookin for your entry and you only now joined.

great to have u in dude, have fun !

Art2
03-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Hotdam, you actually spent time to find my entry... I better not dissappoint! :argh::)

MDN67
03-22-2005, 09:17 AM
hey art2 good luck for this new challenge:thumbsup:

paperclip
03-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey there, great to see a fellow DSG-er. Have fun!

elmasfeo
03-22-2005, 09:35 AM
art2, good luck!!!

Art2
03-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey, thanks guys, much appreciated!!

Ok, here's my first idea, just popped up a second ago.

Ghost Master. A uberpowerful mage who has control over 4 powerful spirits. He holds their ghostly chains in his hands...

Enayla
03-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Good luck :bounce: Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Kirt
03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I'll be watching you too Marlon! Go get 'em :buttrock:

element5
03-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Have fun!! Luck to you :thumbsup:

kalemna
03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
welcome, and good luck :)

conundrum
03-22-2005, 02:06 PM
im looking forward to seeing what you come up with, i was disapointed your entry didnt make it through in space opera so hopefully you can do really well with this one. good luck

Art2
03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Thank you very much for the encouragements! I'm so hyped!

Here's a little story that just popped up.

Once upon a time there was this little girl, who was pestered by her classmates.
After months of agony, she decided that it was enough. Because her teacher and parents couldn't help her, she decided to take measures in her own hand. She went to the postoffice to look if she could find a wizard in the Yellowpages. After minutes of puzzling and looking, she finally found one who satisfies her requirements. This particular wizard was a SpiritMaster, Mage extraordinaire, level 7+.
This would mean that she will have to collect all her savings and allowance, because these wizards come with a hefty pricetag.

The piece will be the depiction of the little girl trying to buy the services of the Wizard.
-Girl standing in front of the Wizard holding a photograph of the bullies and money at the ready.
-Wizard looking a bit scary, authoritarian, powerful, curious.
-Surrounding the Wizard are the Ghosts, each with their characteristics. Very scary looking, but obedient, deveated and controlled by the Wizard.

There is a Master and Servant relationship between the girl and the Wizard. More like a bussiness relationship.
There is the Master and Servant relationship between the Wizard and the Ghosts. This will be more like a Master/Slave relationship.

yup...

Floriz
03-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Yeah! Please finish this :) I love your drawing style!!

coCoKNIght
03-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi Marlon, nice to see you participating, have fun!
I like your idea very much, though it won't be easy to do, but then again, where would be the challenge if it was easy http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
would be cool if the girl was more like the master in the relationship, because the wizzard is already master of the ghosts. But I guess that's not really possible within this story.
Aaaanyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this develop!

blindsleeper
03-23-2005, 06:29 PM
kinda new to the 2d scene but thought id say good luck!

Ilikesoup
03-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Cool idea, but would mere money sway a 7+ mage? Perhaps something more precious like a first tooth. Or maybe she's got a pile of toys and such but the wizard still says it's not enough. Hurry up and make wit da sketching! :bounce:

Rudeone
03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Cool concept, veel succes!

deaderthanred
03-24-2005, 03:53 AM
i've just started another contract couple weeks ago, so I'll be totally consumed in work until late April.. might never get to do anything until then, but I'm definitely watching this thread!
all the very best of luck!!:thumbsup:

Claireabella
03-24-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi Marlon. Good luck with the challenge. Am looking forward to seeing your WIP. :) Claireabella

Art2
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey, thanks for watching and the kind words.
I hope* I can show you some sketches/concepts later tonight, stay tuned and all help is welcome :)

*I say 'hope', 'cos today is my birthday! Another busy day... :)

SoniaNotRed
03-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi, Art2.
Cool concept. I'll be checking your thread to see the look on that wizard's face!

Good luck!

coCoKNIght
03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ...but the challenge is more important!! :wip: :D

Ilikesoup
03-24-2005, 04:47 PM
HAPPY BIRFDAY!! :applause: :beer: :arteest:

Art2
03-25-2005, 01:00 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1111712446_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1111712446_large.jpg)

Concepts for the Wizard and one of the Ghosts. The ropes are supposed to be chains :)
And the Ghost has half a face, so it's like a gaping hole. I like to add 3 more Ghosts, each with their own characteristics.
I'll do sketches of them and the little girl next.

Art2
03-25-2005, 01:05 AM
coCo, Soup, thanks guys!

You too Sonia!
I'm curious about the look on his face too :)
No seriously, it's something I have to keep in mind. Thanks.

monsitj
03-25-2005, 01:28 AM
nice line art! more update please!

offbeatworlds
03-25-2005, 01:53 AM
That is one heck of a cool hat. I love these concepts, they're great!

choptider
03-25-2005, 01:56 AM
good one, and love your style of drawing!

Nigel-Q
03-25-2005, 01:59 AM
hi there, these are great sketches, cool character!
i like the expression in the top right one. good luck on your piece!

AirbORn
03-25-2005, 09:27 AM
WOW! Great design! I love the expression on the character, it really completes the character I think. Cannot wait to see where you take this! Keep up the great work!

NOOB!
03-25-2005, 11:07 AM
luvely drawing skill

coCoKNIght
03-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Looking gread thus far! Nothing to crit

walrus
03-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Great drawing, Marlon! I really like the two characters a lot. I feel that you could probably push the wizard's facial expression a bit further - perhaps a bit more sinister? And how would he look with his headpiece seperate from his body-outfit? With the thing all one piece like that and with the multiple pinty things on the top, I can't help but think that he looks like a jester mroe than a wizard. But anyhow, looking forward to seeing where you take this. Goos luck!

-mike

Art2
03-25-2005, 08:10 PM
Many thanks guys for the kind words!

Hey Mike, thanks for the c&c. You're right he does look like a Jester. I wanted to come up with something different than the usual wizard hat :). Maybe I'll try to make the pointy parts of the hat more pointy, that would make him more sinister I think. Also I hope the combination of the hat and his outfit would lessen this Jester-look. Hmmm... you make me think funny things when you let me think what's under the hat... :D
Yeah, I thought a lot about the wizard's expression (his interaction with the girl etc and at the meantime commanding his ghosts), I'll work this out when I start with the composition next week and try to put everything in place.

Hopefully some updates tonight or tomorrow.

Ilikesoup
03-25-2005, 09:01 PM
It is a funny costume, but a great sketch and I immediately got a strong story vibe. He looks like a smug wizard who tries to look tough, but people laugh at him behind his back. I can imagine the ghosts pitying the girl and wanting to help her, but the master is holding out for more money. Greedy bastid!

All these great concepts and I feel like a kid in a candy shop. :bounce:

MustardWash
03-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Yay! Heres Art2's entry! Almost missed it.
Awesome story, very original. Combined with your style I think this is going to turn out to be pretty dang cool.
The first sketch is great. I agree with the jester comment made earlier. I think the starish outline just outside his face is what makes it jestery. Maybe a diff design or something. Otherwise, good start.
Impatiently waiting for more. :bounce:

beelow
03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
This is a pretty cool idea. good luck:D

Supervlieg
03-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Good start, I like the characters. Cant wait to see more!

Stewart08
03-26-2005, 04:25 PM
good luck in the challenge the sketch looks great.

Art2
03-26-2005, 06:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1111863337_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1111863337_large.jpg)

2 other concepts for the ghosts.

Still searching...

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 06:57 PM
i was thinking about doin ghosts before i signed up for this challenge,then i changed my mind,glad to see sumone else is taking on the idea.

looks excellent!!

Art2
03-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Soup, glad you like my candy! Make sure you brush your teeth.

Mustard, I'll try to come up with something to get rid of the Jester-look next time.

beelow, begbie, thanks for dropping by! :beer:

You too SuperV.

NOOB!, I guess there're so many entrants people might come up with of the same ideas.
Glad you like my ghosts!

Let me know what you think guys. Do these ghosts look like they have a history, something that characterize them?

I'll be working on the lil girl next.

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
history??

maybe if u like do a google search for costumes from back in the day,i dunno what era ur goin for,maybe u want tudor times or even earlier.but if u get ur costume design, ghost it up a little,this piece cud look very authentic.

up 2 u!

oatz
03-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Strong sketching skills are pretty obvious. I really enjoy the costume design as well. I'd be careful you don't make them too similar. While its important to make them relate in the same world, I think both head pieces are too similar. I'd like to see a bigger difference in them. Perhaps elaborating the master's or maybe the colors will differentiate them more.

Good luck,

Khye

Art2
03-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replys fellas!

NOOB, yeah sorry, I meant characteristics that differentiate the ghosts. By history I meant the reason why they look like they do, behave like they do etc. I was asking for a first impression. Sorry for beeing so vague. But that google suggestion is pretty good, I'll do some costume searches for inspiration. Not looking for a particular period. It's going to be a fantasy piece.

oatz, do you mean the headpieces of the female ghost and the master? She doesn't have a haed piece, heh, it's her hair being blown upwards... :blush: it's her shampoo... :D
The ghosts will be slightly transparent (trying to strech my abilities here :scream: ) and in greys, not in full colour.

Neozoom
03-26-2005, 08:16 PM
I really love the concept and the style of the characters...
But the scene looks strange... a bit to flat in the view....
need some depth.

Anyway I wait to see more...
I'll loke forward of you^^

welcome

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 08:20 PM
the way they Look not they way they LOOK lol,ok i understand.

but if u want it to look really good,make em british...lol british ghosts are the best,give em old style costumes.

just an idea.

Art2
03-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Neozoom, these are just character concepts. When I've nailed them down I'll start workin' on the composition. Thanks for stopping by!

Yeah, Brit ghosts are cool. Especially when the speak with that accent.
"Oi, you scared now mate?!" (trying to emulate the accent here :D)

deaderthanred
03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
your line sketches are always the coolest! (btw, if you ever sell coloring books, i want to be the first to buy :D) great costumes designs so far.. just throw in some fabric textures on them, and they'll really rock!

as for: "By history I meant the reason why they look like they do, behave like they do etc.", i was wondering if your wizard would look great if he had his robes wrapped up in skins of the dead (the skins of the ghosts's former bodies)?

either way, I always enjoy your art no matter what you come up with, keep up the great work!:)

Gord-MacDonald
03-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Wow! Very beautiful drawings! (keep em coming) :thumbsup:

Gord

Art2
03-30-2005, 02:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112192918_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112192918_large.jpg)

Here's an idea for the little girl.

She has drawings of the bullies in one hand for reference, otherwise the ghosts won't know who to harass. In the other she carries her piggy-bank.

Comming next, some comp-sketches.

Art2
03-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Michele, 'skins of the dead' sounds cool, but I think I'd like to make this a more light-hearted, fairytale kind of piece. Maybe I should tweak the character designs a bit... I'd like kids to like this piece too.
Thanks for the kind words and you know I love your colours, so how 'bout a collab in the near future. Me the lines you the colors? :deal:

Hey Gord, thanks! I'll do my best to keep 'em coming.

Cyanid
03-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Ey Marlon, I like the clean line-art, escpecially the ghosts and wizard!
I'm looking forward to the coloring. Keep it up!

deaderthanred
03-31-2005, 03:17 AM
Michele, 'skins of the dead' sounds cool, but I think I'd like to make this a more light-hearted, fairytale kind of piece. Maybe I should tweak the character designs a bit... I'd like kids to like this piece too.
Thanks for the kind words and you know I love your colours, so how 'bout a collab in the near future. Me the lines you the colors? :deal:

well you know me, freaky girl with freaky muses heheh I cant make a light-hearted piece to save my life, but I very much do enjoy vibrant fun pieces too:) ..and as for that irresistable invitation to silly noobie me for coloring one of your masterpieces.. oooo.. *rubs tablet in glee!* just say when!:love:

coCoKNIght
03-31-2005, 10:11 AM
ha ha, I just love her clothes!! That's very cool! :thumbsup:

duddlebug
03-31-2005, 10:30 AM
interesting concept... i'm always a sucker for a story. I hope you can make the 'master and servant' aspect obvious in your composition because it sounds fun!

And i really like your sketches. They have tons of character and lovely linework.

choptider
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
you put something new, good drawing!
you draw with pencil, right

Vahn
04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
cool concept and excellent sketches ....how do u get them so clean ?

good luck .... ill subscribe :D

tilite
04-04-2005, 03:38 AM
great concept and characters. nice sketches too. subscribing now!

best of luck

when u slappin some colour in these puppies?

Art2
04-05-2005, 11:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112697859_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112697859_large.jpg)

First comp idea, that I liked. I made dozens of very quick thumbnail sketches, but there were few I liked. I want it to have a portrait format, because in the last challenge I noticed that the CGNetworks site resizes your pic to fit certain dimensions. That could turn out very horrible when you use landscape. Anyway, it's a good way to force me to do a fixed format, which make things a bit harder, but more challenging.

I'll work on some other comp ideas. In the mean time, I'm open to your ideas and comments.

Thanks for stopping by :)

deaderthanred
04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
sweeet update! shift/exaggerate the perspective view a little bit, perhaps.. currently it looks slightly like a collage at the moment, to me, anyways. I like your character design:buttrock:

Art2
04-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey, good suggestion there Michele! I think I'll try to add a bit of a dramatic angle too.
Does this pic tell the story? What do you think?
For a background I think of the Wizards study, with loads of potions and books...

elmasfeo
04-06-2005, 03:48 PM
here are my 2 cents: about the composition I think you could make the wizard and the girl more important, and making the ghosts maybe smaller or placed in some other position so they don't take all the picture... also, like michele said, it looks a bit like a collage, like each character look detached from the others...

The characters look great! they have lots of personality, and the way you draw their anatomy makes me so envious...:wise:

tilite
04-06-2005, 03:57 PM
first of all good luck! hehe

ur last sketch i think has a good composition, it really depends on the ghost in the background. the more opaque u make them the less noticable they should be in the piece. at the moment in lineart they look too dominating but i think when u give them the aproriate transperancy and the image starts to show dept i think it will all turn our nicely. they're all nice sketches btw

just a chame that all i can comment on sofar.

so whats in the background and whens the next update... lol:)

good work:thumbsup:

Art2
04-06-2005, 04:19 PM
elmasfeo: thanks for the comments! You and Michele are right of course. I just wanted to fit all those characters in this pic and at the same time try to tell the story, so that's what I've focused on. Next I'll try to tilt the camera to achieve some dramatic angle.

at the moment in lineart they look too dominating but i think when u give them the aproriate transperancy and the image starts to show dept i think it will all turn our nicely.

That's the idea, heheh... let's hope it turns out ok :scream:

just a chame that all i can comment on sofar.

Just keep watching, bet there'll be lots to comment on :D
Hey, I really appreciate your comments so far.

so whats in the background and whens the next update... lol:)

The background will be the Wizards study (I think, or maybe you guys have a better suggestion), with lots of wizardstuff.
Next update... uhm... next week? :D

tilite
04-07-2005, 06:28 AM
wow... i really need to watch my spelling,lol

i think the wizard topic is great. just reminded me of that sceen in shrek2 where they break into steal the potion and there is that tower with tens of thousands of potions.

i think u can get some really great things going on with a wizard theme, sparkles - glows - cloured smoke, its all possible. great stuff

keep going ill be here to comment

best of luck

Goro
04-07-2005, 07:20 AM
niiiiice. Your characterconcepts are awesome Art2
:applause:

deaderthanred
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Does this pic tell the story? What do you think?
For a background I think of the Wizards study, with loads of potions and books...

(sorry about the late response; work is crazy lately for me, hardly have time for myself:sad: )

if you ask morbid me about background, i'd make it a semi-study/temple type of a mausoleum.. just for a nice twist out of the usual, but i think not really the environment for a fairytale piece.. heheh told you i can't do light-hearted to save my life:D

Art2
04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Michele, that was my first idea too, but I thought a wizard study would be more appropriate...

update tonight :D (sort of...)

Art2
04-07-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112907621_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1112907621_large.jpg)

I just felt like coloring one of the pencil drawings...

Art2
04-07-2005, 10:02 PM
wow... i really need to watch my spelling,lol

That's why I quoted you :p :D

Goro, glad you like them. Thanks!

Goro
04-07-2005, 10:49 PM
yey Art2 goes color!
Just love your shading!

W-I-L
04-08-2005, 05:05 PM
love ur style... cant wait for emore

element5
04-09-2005, 12:22 PM
nice colouring on the sketch :applause:

SoniaNotRed
04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Great sketches! And very funny, too - love the piggy-bank!:applause:

tilite
04-13-2005, 08:41 AM
ur painting is so simple and clean.... have u ever considered a small tutorial on how u work... i personally would enjoy it very much

paperclip
04-23-2005, 10:53 AM
I agree with the above poster....tutorials! :thumbsup:

After seeing your latest DSG, i was curious as to how your master and servant was coming along....
......can't wait to see it fully rendered. Love the ghost concept and the spoilt jester.

Art2
04-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Oooh, sorry I reply so late to you guys. I thought I'd wait till the next update, didn't thought it would take this long...

Thanks for the comments. I'm planning to show how I do things (I like to reserve the word tutorial for the true masters of the craft :) ) when I finally have my website up and running. In the meanwhile you can watch this thread. Next week I'll be returning to the challenge and hope to finish in time.

That's a promise!

Art2
04-27-2005, 03:31 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114569071_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114569071_large.jpg)

Here's my line art milestone.

The background looks a bit dull and simple for now, but I'd like it to be an old wall with mystical writings and symbols. I think I'll add a torch in the left upper corner.
I will turn the head of the female ghost in the direction of the viewer and maybe move her more upwards.
And a couple of detail I'll add later on that are now missing, like chains and more drawings of the 'bullies' (victims of the ghosts).

Next: finally, let's get painting!

Art2
04-28-2005, 01:23 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114647791_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114647791_large.jpg)

The coloring has begun.
About the background, let's see if I can turn it into a magicians lab...

If I work on this on a daily basis little by little, I think I'll be able to beat the deadline :)

Vahn
04-28-2005, 02:05 AM
very nice art2 ... ive been waiting for these updates :D

the colors if yet simple are a nice choice ... the blue & brown tone on the wizard robe is my favorite :applause:

your wizards pose is very close to the king in my entry ... and now as i see yours i get a good idea for mine as im not very happy with it... it might be a little tilt of the head...well anyway ..hehe....just one sugggestion .... turn the left hand ( on right side ) a little bit ...about 45 or so .... it would look better imho & and if u would stand up yourself now and get in that pose ....lol.... then u notice if u put your index finger in the point direction u automatically do it with your back of the hand facing upwards. It feels strange in the elbow if your are pointing forcefully and have your hand turned like your wizard ... and it also looks a little bit like hes pointing in the background... other than that i have nothing to say .... its a cool composition and the colors are spot on and i admire your clean linework... i have real problems to draw that clean:arteest: .... so gogogogo ( every day a little bit :P )

will the "ghosts" be solid in color or a little bit see - trough ?

Art2
04-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Hey Vahn, great suggestion mate! You're right, the hand not only looks better that way, but it is more forcefull. Going to change that tomorrow.
The ghosts will be solid from their heads to their upperbody and see-through/misty towards the legs. I'm not sure whether to give them some color or not... we'll see.

Thanks again!

Octothreat
04-28-2005, 03:42 AM
Awesome concept Art2! The charactersa are very impressive, and good luck making the lab! (btw I look forward to your showing how you do things! ;) )

deaderthanred
04-28-2005, 04:43 PM
whoa.. looking great!! and i love that piggybank lol
suggestion: sunlight/moonlight imprints on the wall from overhead (off-view) tall windows, might enhance the sense of atmosphere and adds more depth to the background, perhaps?

i really like your intention of turning the female ghost to look directly at the viewer.. would give a hint of spooky cos she's in the far background, and being the only one who's staring directly outwards from the image.

this piece is gonna rock! keep it coming:buttrock:

ms@zx
04-28-2005, 05:58 PM
from the progress u have now,i'm sure this will lead u high.great going ,love the design of the characters and also the piggy bank~cute~

will come back for more of urs:)

demonicoz
04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
What a great style of drawing, some of the best pencil work i've seen yet. Really looking forward to seeing this finished. Good luck!

Art2
04-29-2005, 12:01 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114729277_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114729277_large.jpg)

I did some changes to the background, wizard's left hand, position of the female ghost. I've made a hole in the wall behind the wizard with the intention of making some kind of bookshelf. But now seeing that dark space I am seduced to add something mysterious, maybe a sleeping dragon... nah!
On the left there'll be a table or plateau with all kinds of potions, bottles etc.
Moonlight from the left, candlelight from the right... ugh, got to get those colors working...
Placeholders for the ghosts, just wanted to get the feeling.

Octothread :)Thanks mate. (btw I look forward to that too ;) )

Exellent idea Michelle, I just added a placeholder for a window's imprint. The female ghost will be mysterious, loyal to the master. Now she's looking a bit defeated, sad.

ms@zx: Glad you like it sofar. That piggybank looks to be a hit :D
I must admit it looks a bit funny in the hands of that scarylooking wizard.

demonicoz: Whoa, thanks mate!

SoniaNotRed
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Wow!!

That's a mighty competent looking wizard!
And the way you placed the ghosts - it really looks like they're floating around.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Art2
04-29-2005, 10:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114811951_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114811951_large.jpg)

SoniaNotRed, thank you!!

More work on the background. I ditched the black open space behind the wizard and added a relief instead. The ghosts are not going to look that way btw... I think I said that already... :/

LadyMedusa
04-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Looks pretty good so far.
I'm looking forward for the final result :thumbsup:

am7
05-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey! this is looking very good. Watch you'r masters right arm though, it looks abit short. Maybe it would be better if your master pointed towards the viewer (like in you'r old concept) and you'd make the ghost fly out from against them, adding some more depth to your composition.

Keep it up!

Art2
05-01-2005, 03:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114958622_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1114958622_large.jpg)

some little changes done for the background...

Lady Medusa, Thank you for the kind words!

am7, thanks for the comment! I will investigate his arms. You're rigth about the depth issue, but I think I'm going to try to solve that through props, like statues, candles etc. (a gargoyle come to mind...) And I think I won't have time to change my wizard anyway (eeeek!) :)

conundrum
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
i've hardly looked at the 2d forum this time and thought i'd flick through, your's is coming along really well, a lot of character and its very unique, reminds me of the early (and best) disney cartoons which is a very good thing. the only critique i had (which you just answered in your last post) was to put more props scattered around the backround because it looks a bit bland right now. other than that its great, i'm looking forward to the final:)

deaderthanred
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
perhaps a long bar of light from an open door off-view, would define the depth of the environment? cool addition of the cat's shadow :) i like the pattern on the book.. is that a brain with tentacles? lol that motif design on the wall is looking great too *cheers on!*:D

Art2
05-03-2005, 12:58 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115078326_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115078326_large.jpg)

I will move to the characters next. The background and props will be finalized later. That's not a bear rug btw, but a Yeti rug :)

Conundrum: That's a mighty big complement mate, thanks. I too love the magic of the old Disney's.
Maybe I'll add some more clutter here and there later on... I don't want to make it too busy, 'cos the ghosts will be partly visibel. The ones behind the wizard wil be comming out of the wall btw. Thought that would be neat.

Michelle: thanks for the suggestion! But I think the ghosts won't need a door to get out. I hope the depth will be better once I've properly rendered the characters and props. But I'll keep your bar of light in mind maybe for some subtle volumetric light effects.
Yep, a brain with tentacles, it just turned out that way :)

Gamoron
05-03-2005, 01:38 AM
I love the softness of your colouring, which lends your piece an old animated cel look to it. Great work.
:beer:

O.Martin
05-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Love the background design. Meybe the painting is to static/flat?

Art2
05-08-2005, 12:38 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115509114_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115509114_large.jpg)

I finally had some time to work on this.
I almost quit the challenge, because I was afraid I wouldn't finish in time... we'll see.

More background work and started to work on the wizard. Also some color experimenting.

Gamoron: Thanks mate, cheers!
O.Martin: Static/flat... by god, you're right! Glad you like the design and thanks for the comment.

Squibbit
05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
oo looks like u still got some painting to do too, good luck,dude,
may you finish in time :thumbsup:

crazy3dman
05-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Art2 - this looks really amazing. I've always loved you DSG work. But it's really great to see something you've spent more time on. The style is beautiful. :applause: Good luck.

Art2
05-10-2005, 12:03 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115679808_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115679808_large.jpg)

Working on the wizard...

Squib, thanks mate!

Crazy, thank you for the kind words man.
Let's hope I find enough time to finish it :)

paperclip
05-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi marlon, just had to drop in! It's looking incredibly cool so far, haven't seen it for a while and when I came back I was rather stunned....yes, stunned!
I just love your style...it's so unique and wonderful! I want you to win something!
I'll try & bribe some of the judges...:thumbsup:
Still can't figure out how you get that amazing lineart + great sculpted tones...ok, enough of the fangirl talk :D
Keep it up! I can definitely see you finishing....so I'm going to be on your back until you do!
Expect to see a lot more of me unless you're showing rapid progress.:twisted:

crazy3dman
05-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Man that is so cool. Sorry to post again without any constructive criticism, but I just had to say thanks for posting that close-up. I can't tell you how much I love this painting! :bounce:

Art2
05-11-2005, 12:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115769083_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1115769083_large.jpg)

paperclip, crazy:
Thanks very much for the support guys, really motivating!

WOOT! I have a fangirl!

I never say 'woot'... but WOOT!

I have to constrain myself from adding too much detail, because a lot of the small stuff will be lost anyway :(

Gord-MacDonald
05-12-2005, 09:45 PM
This is going to be awesome! It is looking so good!

Gord

SoniaNotRed
05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey, don't quit yet!
It's not over 'til it's over! :)
(hmmm...where have I heard that...)

Goro
05-13-2005, 03:23 AM
yey finally you've found some time for an update!
I was waiting for it;)

Looking good the art2ish clean shading!
You gotta hurry up man! Go Go Go!

paperclip
05-14-2005, 01:06 AM
No updates? :eek:

You don't want to lose one of your fangirls, surely? :D Only 4 days left! aaaargh!

Ilikesoup
05-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey, Art2. It looks good. Something's familiar about those slips of paper pinned to the wizard. Do they bind the ghosts to his will? Such a great little detail.

Don't be afraid of the ghosts! I'm looking forward to seeing (through) them.
Don't forget -- the finish line has BEER! :beer:

Art2
05-14-2005, 09:08 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116101327_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116101327_large.jpg)

Here's the wizard, almost done...
I think I'll do the rug tonight and hopefully the girl tomorrow. Oh yeah, don't forget the chains! Those are going to be fun, I think :] With bolts and stuff, heheh...

Gord: thank mate!
Sonia: I didn't hear the fat lady sing yet, so I guess it's crunch time till the deadline!
Goro: you're my favorite apeman! Love your piece mate.
Paperclip: that's not fair :( ;) Black mail huh? ...
Soup: The slips of paper were inspired by a Chinese movie, I think 'Chinese Ghost Story', there was this wizard (?) with all these risepaperthings stuck on his body with spells on them. I thought it was cool and your interpretation sounds even cooler :) Oh yeah, the BEER! Cool new avatar!

paperclip
05-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Love the rendering on that pig! Just wondering...why is he holding it?

Art2
05-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Here's a little recap of the story behind the piece, hope this will answer your question Theresa :)

After months of agony, she decided that it was enough. Because her teacher and parents couldn't help her, she decided to take measures in her own hand. She went to the postoffice to look if she could find a wizard in the Yellowpages. After minutes of puzzling and looking, she finally found one who satisfies her requirements. This particular wizard was a SpiritMaster, Mage extraordinaire, level 7+.

Vahn
05-15-2005, 12:55 AM
nice & clean rendering work so far ... i really like it :D

the cross carving on the reliefwall looks a bit strange tough ....

I hope you are working on this right now and you will show us the ghosts tomorrow :D :D :D

paperclip
05-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Ahh, great story and I like the relief carving...they have this delightfully doughy quality that I find rather unique and cool. What are the ghosts going to be like? It'll be tough to get exactly the right level of transparency the whole way through, while maintaining a sort of 'solid' look. Looks as if it'll turn out well though!

.........end line is in sight, marlon, keep on going.....

Art2
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116181644_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116181644_large.jpg)

I was planning to start working on the girl, but since Vahn politely asked me if I would start working on the ghosts I obliged :)
I am curious too!

Here's a wip. The ghost will be partially visible, I still wonder how I will achieve their transparency...

Vahn, you're right, I'll deal with the lines later on. Thanks.

Paperclip... you're still on my back aren't you :)

tilite
05-15-2005, 07:32 PM
haha good job Vahn

i wish u all the best of luck

crowley
05-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Wow, nice coloring on that ghost (well, nice OVERALL coloring, so soft and precise). The missing lower jaw and the tentacles are really cool ideas.
Ho, and the rug is *pure genius*, love it :D
Good luck!

Vahn
05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
hahaha ... nice art2 ...thank u very much :D :D :D

it looks tremendous ...very good work on rug & ghost ...and everything :bowdown:

keep going ... mhhhm do i still have that whip in the attic ? mhhmm *rummages trough the attic* ahh yes....here it is .....so Art2.... u just keep going.......keep going m8..........

hehe :D

Ilikesoup
05-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I was planning to start working on the girl, but since Vahn politely asked me if I would start working on the ghosts I obliged :)
I am curious too!

Here's a wip. The ghost will be partially visible, I still wonder how I will achieve their transparency...

Not sure what look you're going for with transparent ghosts, but the simplest way would be to have a ghost on a separate layer than the background and lower the ghost layer's transparency until you get the right effect. If you want the head and shoulders to be more tangible than the tail you could do something of a color gradient with colors brightest at the head and dissipating to a light gray smoky color toward the tail.

Yay! I see dead people!:bounce:

deaderthanred
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
going strong, and looking good! :thumbsup: i also can't wait to see the ghosts painted (could even add volumetric lighting to enhance ghostliness, perhaps) love the overall color scheme.. very classic illustration style :)
*cheers you on all the way to the finish*:bounce:

Squibbit
05-16-2005, 09:44 PM
cool stuff, art2, very smooth

paperclip
05-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Paperclip... you're still on my back aren't you :)

Yes.:)

The ghost is mightily cool. I love it! Esp. the tubular things. I don't know what they are, but I like them! It gives them more of a surreal look, it goes well with the overall look...
2 more days, Marlon, 2 more days!!

Art2
05-16-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116279544_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116279544_large.jpg)

Working on the ghosts... still lot of things to do. I think I have an idea for the transparency, main problem is to keep it painterly, if you guys know what I mean. I hope I can show more updates in a few hours (maybe some closeups), catch 5 hours of sleep and work on it further tomorrow night. It's going to be TIGHT! But nevertheless exiting :)

Tilite: thanks mate!
Crowley: glad you like the rug. It's a Yeti... but it looks more and more like an albino Wookie the more I see it :] Thanks mon ami!
Vahn: no no not the whip... ! What you a Master now :D ?
Soup: I had something similar in mind, but I like it to keep it within the style, so ... we'll see. Thanks buddy, keep the beer cold!
Michele: nice to see you around girl! Thanks for cheering me on, nothing motivates me more than girls cheering me on :D Keep your wacom warm ;)
Squib: thanks mate, hope you can reach the finishline in time too man. I wonder who'll be there first you or me :)
Theresa: 2 more days AND 14 hours, don't forget the hours! The tubular things are his lunch ... I think. Eeew!

arkinet
05-16-2005, 10:46 PM
unique concept bro, & great painting style, all i can say is hurry up a lil bit:D

Vahn
05-16-2005, 10:52 PM
looking very good :D

i like how she is a little bit in the wall ...nice.. keep going ! keep going :D :D :D

crowley
05-16-2005, 10:53 PM
glad you like the rug. It's a Yeti... but it looks more and more like an albino Wookie the more I see it :]

Haha :'D

I like your ghosts: the way the girl one is going through the wall, and how her hair interact with the shadow of the cat (don't know if that's on purpose, but the shadow seems to be looking at the hair of the female ghost: I think it's pretty cool). I'm really curious to see how you'll manage the transparency effect. Cant' wait to see that. Good luck Art2, you HAVE to finish this! :thumbsup:

Art2
05-17-2005, 02:29 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116293354_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116293354_large.jpg)

Here's a closeup of the ghosts.

I made the head of the female ghost a bit bigger, I thought it was too small.
The bodies will be next ... that is tomorrow night :)

arkinet: I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying! Thanks for pushing :)
Vahn: Thanks again!
crowley: oh man, I was thinking to get rid of the cat, because I made the head of the female ghost (and thus the hair) a bit bigger, the cat got ... erm... lost in the hair. The interaction you see was not intentional, but I noticed it also. Maybe it's worth keeping the cat afterall.

paperclip
05-17-2005, 09:37 AM
It 'rockorzz'! :scream:

BUT.... the hair of the female ghost is actually...too big! There's no way all that hair could fit on her head!.. but then again.....she is a ghost, maybe she's a little vain and decided to grow some more?

2 days, 3 hours, 25 minutes, 35 seconds.... no pressure, man...but you need to finish this masterpiece!

I'm not actually worried about you finishing it anymore... it looks as if you've progressed far enough to be able to reach that deadline comfortably. However, you gave me a couple of heart attacks a while ago. It's your fault I had to reach out for the wine bottles...:p
Keep it up, looking good!
theresa

Goro
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Closeups are great! I'm sure you'll make it!

go Art2 go Art2! :bounce:

crazy3dman
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Amazing updates. It's getting better and better. Keep up the great work. :applause:

paperclip
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Ahem.
1 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes, 22 seconds.

[motivational speech]Tell you what, if you finish it before tomorrow, I shall give you a lovely cool beer!
.......This is definitely going to be my desktop background when it's finished..
....[/motivational speech]
:) We miss you in the chatroom.

elmasfeo
05-17-2005, 04:42 PM
hey art2, I'm glad to see that you're finishing this one!
It looks so great! :wise: your art2-ish style is unique!
about the ghosts's transparency, are you going to leave it as it is now, without any detail on their bodies? I think it looks ok, but if you're still looking for ideas for it...I know nothing about painter, doesn't it have something similar to layer masks in photoshop?...if exported to photoshop you could easily "paint" their transparency with a layer mask ... I'd suggest more transparency at the feet and more opaqueness as it goes up the body, I think you already mentioned that....
anyway, I wish you the best for this one, it is so...:drool:...
keep it up!:thumbsup:

Art2
05-17-2005, 08:51 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116359489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116359489_large.jpg)

I decided to skip the ghosts and work on the girl. Here's the wip.

Paperclip: you don't need an excuse to reach for the wine admit it ;)
Yeah she has BIG hair and is proud of it! :P and it's alive too.
... that thing about your desktop background was just to pressure me, right? :/ Like I'm not stressed already...

Goro: Thanks man! Luckily I have time this week, it will be close, but it's should be possible (aaargh!)

Thanks Chris!

Elmasfeo: Where have you been man! Thanks for stopping by.

paperclip
05-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Paperclip: you don't need an excuse to reach for the wine admit it ;)

hehehe:D

Yeah she has BIG hair and is proud of it! :P and it's alive too.

Fair enough!! I love her face so I'm not about to gripe..

... that thing about your desktop background was just to pressure me, right? :/ Like I'm not stressed already...

Hate to say it but...no! This will actually become my background once it's finished, and I'll do a screencap to prove it!
:)
Go, marly, go!
P.S-we're posting maps in the other thread. Go figure.

Gord-MacDonald
05-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Art2 - Amazing work. I am totally impressed!

Gord

crowley
05-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey Art2, wonderful updates and close-ups. I definitely like the female ghost's hair, soft and subtle. And alive :)
Go for it, you're almost there! :bounce:

deaderthanred
05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Like I'm not stressed already...
lol! i was thinking you'd be, hence, i'm trying not to post too often.. either way, the finishing line is very close, so i'll just::bounce: !! :D

i think the female ghost looks just perfect, hair and costume and everything, and love those tentacles and chains on the other two :) girl is looking good.. she almost look related to the wizard (maybe his niece?) very cool stuff, keep it up!

paperclip
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
You're down to HOURS, man.

Are you deliberately trying to make me nervous?!

Art2
05-18-2005, 11:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116454168_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116454168_large.jpg)

The ghosts have arrived (I hope)

My last coloring wip. Next post will be 'final coloring' :) Adding details, correcting things etc. Close after that the 'final image'. Well that's my plan anyway.

I am going to make it.

Gord: Aww thanks man, not often I impress people... not intensionally anyway :)
Crowley: Lovely entry mon ami, I already said that right?... go see it people!
Michele: I can hear your cheers all the way across the globe! Better that Red Bull.
Theresa: ...a..few..hours...more... tomorrow I'll treat myself some Sith Revenge (woohoo... I hope...)

paperclip
05-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Love the ghosts!:applause:

Are you going to finish this tonight? If you are, I'm going to hang around and cheer you to the finishing line!
(settles back with a cup of tea)

Ducklator
05-18-2005, 11:13 PM
freaky concept!!!:twisted:

hurry man, you have few hours!!!

I like the big foot on the floor :thumbsup: (I supposes that it is...)

Art2
05-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Theresa, I'm afraid I will have to finish it tonight, so settle back. I'm having a cup of tea too, to keep me awake and alert.

Ducklator: thanks for stopping by man! And yes, it's a big foot :)

Vahn
05-18-2005, 11:56 PM
looking very cool so far :D u gonna make it ! :thumbsup:

you should consider removing the paper behind his hand tough... it disturbes the background imho

paperclip
05-19-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree, the paper behind his hand is rather distracting.

Also, how about giving the little girl a bottom lip? :D
I'll be back..mark my words...

anzibon
05-19-2005, 12:14 AM
i agree with Duck, the bigfoot rug is my favorite part. gotta love those details.
:)

make sure you get a shadow under that kid/elf/guy, unless he's supposed to be floating.

i don't know ya...
but i'm pulling for ya!
~B

Art2
05-19-2005, 04:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116473543_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116473543_large.jpg)

The final coloring. I'll post the final in a few hours, first I need a nap...

paperclip
05-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Hiya marlon!

Congratulations on the new updates-- I just love the electricity snapping around their chains, it gives the whole painting such vitality!

Good luck on getting it past the final bar before the deadline...I now have a cup of coffee for the morning. Hope you finally slept last night, I can't believe you stayed up so late.

Whatever you're doing though is working!
So close to the finish!! I'm actually rather excited...

Kiko_68
05-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Nice idea and a great drawing!

Tariq12
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Very cool image. I love the wizard dude.
:thumbsup: :applause:
Cheers,
T.

Art2
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116493611_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5802/5802_1116493611_large.jpg)

After months of agony, she decided that it was enough. Because her teacher and parents couldn\'t help her, she decided to take measures in her own hand. She went to the postoffice to look if she could find a wizard in the Yellowpages. After minutes of puzzling and looking, she finally found one who satisfies her requirements. This particular wizard was a SpiritMaster, Mage extraordinaire, level 7+.

This is it!
Many thanks for the support and feedback, it really kept me going. This was a great challenge with excellent entries. I enjoyed it immensely.

PainterIX / Photoshop7
3000x4000 300dpi

paperclip
05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!:applause: :bounce: :applause:

You made it with only 2 hours to go! The changes you made really improve the picture.

It is now my desktop background. Yes, really...

...so proud...
Kick back with a beer now, my friend. You've worked hard...

Good luck with the judging! :thumbsup:

deaderthanred
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
wheee :buttrock:
one thing that really makes this piece unique is your characters design.. very other-worldly in costumes/deco (albino-wookie/yeti rug lol!), and a bully with one eye!
congrats and good luck! :bounce:

Vahn
05-19-2005, 12:40 PM
grats for finishing :D

u worked very hard but it payed off ... its fantastic! :thumbsup::applause:
I love your clean style and i hope to see more of your work around here ...hehe.. :wavey:

Art2
05-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Paperclip: yeah, 2 hours haha, insane!
Deader: That bully with one eye is because I was too tired to draw two eyes :D
Vahn: I hope I'm able to continue to show my work here more often too and hope it improves every time.

Man, some people I overlooked, that's what you get when sleepdrawing...

Kiko_68: thank you very much!
Tariq12: Glad you like him, not many people like him... he tends to send his ghosts to haunt you when you're not nice to him. And he's a scrooge too.
Anzibon: Feels so good to have support of a total stranger :) Thanks man.

Goro
05-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Congrats stickman! ;)
Looks awesome!

Congrats and good luck!
cheers!
Goro

elmasfeo
05-19-2005, 05:29 PM
quoted for agreement!
I just love the electricity snapping around their chains, it gives the whole painting such vitality!

congratulations man!
you deserve some beers now...:beer:
:beer: weepeeee!

xric7
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
congratulation.:applause: :applause: :applause:
realy cool image.love ur character a lot.
great work.:thumbsup:
good luck to u.

MDN67
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
nice pic, very clear i like the style of paint; good work and good luck for the end

crowley
05-19-2005, 07:36 PM
(ok, I'm really late on this one)
Woot! Glad to see you made it, Marlon. Congratulations, that's simply a beautiful picture. Good luck with the judging mon ami :)

conundrum
05-20-2005, 02:33 PM
great final marlon, i love the idea and a very clean style like usual, with a lot of character. you also chose some really nice colours. good luck

Art2
05-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Aaaw, thanks guys, I'm really glad you like it!
It really means a lot to me. And the support I get every time from you guys is sweet too!

:beer:

Gord-MacDonald
05-25-2005, 04:31 AM
Very, Very Good!

Gord

Ilikesoup
05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Oo! I'm late for the party. Is there cake left?
Congratulations on another fine finish. I liked your Space Opera entry, but this is a great improvement. Wonderful details. Can't believe I never noticed the book before. I love how the wizard's cape sinks into the yeti fur and you can see the white strands of fur against the dark background. You really nailed the ghosts. The snakes are a nice nod to Indiana Jones. :thumbsup:

I feel like a punk for mentioning this after the deadline, but. . .:sad:

The little girl's cheekbones make her look older than she is. At that age she should still have plenty of baby fat to puff out her cheeks and dimples you can drive a truck through.

I'm sorry for not noticing this sooner. I'm giving myself 50 lashes with a green paintbrush as punishment. :arteest: It's still a great entry, though. Congrats and good luck in the voting!

Art2
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Soup, thanks for being a punk :p heheh...

Erm, cheekbones... ermmm, I wanted to make an ugly kid, you can't say she's pretty now can you. That's why all the kids pester her :D

Bullies: "You look like my granma, you look like my granma!!"
Kid: "Hrmphff... that's it! I'm going to find me a wizard, that'll teach them!"

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2005, 06:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.