PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Aly Fell

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ms@zx
05-30-2005, 08:40 AM
one of the best i've seen in the challenge!wish u the best of luck on the finals.:beer:

TRHaDEs
06-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Nothing can say,only can say:well done~!

AlyFell
06-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Wow! People still posting here! Thankyou very much. I can't look at this picture objectively anymore, I just keep seeing its problems. Aargh!

Calveccio/BlackDidThis - I guess there are similarities between Kitty and Lady Frances Drake, but that's not intentional. I dunno where she comes from, but she is sadly not real... sniff...

For those who wanted a bigger version, here's a link to a slightly higher res one:
Bigger Pic (http://img288.echo.cx/img288/6175/kittymissy22if.jpg)

Lemog
06-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Problems on your picture... where ? no prob for me... only a great quality drawing... with beautiful light, very impressive :thumbsup:

THECLYKE
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
42,261 Views...you Go Girl!

GrafDev
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow !!! Wonderful image :eek:
I love lighting,composition and details ^_^

Very well done indeed. Excellent! :thumbsup:

Bye
Crist

:)

hologlyphic
06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
this is spellbinding.. i heart the style, the colors are amazing.. it's so realistic and cartoony at the same time... i know i'm posting after a long time from your original submission, but i just had to let you know! WOW

element5
06-14-2005, 01:39 AM
I still really like this one :thumbsup: :applause:

Miak
06-17-2005, 04:34 PM
This is the best pic ever!!! It's excellent! :) Apsolutly perfect!!

Best regards!

THECLYKE
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
love your site...very consistant work coming from your camp
cheers

AndyH
06-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Grr!!! No runner up, not even an honourable mention!
What the hell is wrong with this forum?

duddlebug
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
You was robbed!!

I'm with AndyH on this one... I'm not sure how you can pull off such a technically excellent, humourous and well thought out piece, that is so popular during the contest, but still end up with nothing.

It makes no sense to me... :shrug:

It's still one of my favourite images of the contest. Well done Aly!!

Art2
06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Same here, I have this thought with some other great entries too.
I love your entry and think it's met all criteria, so.. :shrug:

NinjaA55N
06-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Another awesome thread, not being mentioned... strange things happened around here :/ Congratulations on ur superb image once again!

AlyFell
06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate that... :) The problem is so many people deserve to win! And the judges have to make a decision. Anyway ...it's... not...about... winning... it's... the... taking ...p-a-r-t that... counts! ;)

This was a cool competition to be part of, my first, and not my last, I'm sure. However I wish it were possible to have some kind of feedback about the criteria involved in final judging, apart form what it specifies in the rules. Individual critiques I understand would be a problem, and ridiculously prohibitive time wise for judges to even consider. But it does leave you wondering where you went wrong... does it not?

Kyena
06-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree with you about the judging criterias Aly, however I guess it was hard enough for the judges to actually pick from all the amazing submissions :)

camtheman
06-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Aly, you should have won for sure. Your piece is by far one of the best!!

Hey forgive my ignorance as I haven't been keeping up with the challenge results, but where are the winners posted? Anyone know??

arkinet
06-27-2005, 09:54 PM
in my book you're still a winner aly...

AlyFell
06-27-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm meaning generally, not personally. The thing about a big competition is there are more losers than winners, obviously, so there are more people left wondering how they can improve technically and artistically. What is it that the judges actually look for in an image? And why (A) is a better image than (B). I'm just amazed by the amount of fantastic artwork that ended up being submitted, so how do you pick some images out as special? BIG TASK! And not enviable... But we know this when we enter these competitions so it's all just wibble really! :) Golly I talk bollix sometimes...! But hey, I'm just bubbling over wondering what the next theme is going to be....

walrus
06-28-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm anxious for the next one, too, Aly... But I too have to add that I thought your piece belonged way up high on the list! Great work, and hope you'll be 'round for the next one, time permitting!

-mike

flyingP
06-28-2005, 07:42 AM
But we know this when we enter these competitions so it's all just wibble really! :)

whahaha, has to be the quote of the week :applause:

really a fantastic piece Aly, had a great time watching you work on this.
:beer:

Ducklator
06-28-2005, 06:57 PM
NO!!! I LOVE THIS IMAGE!!!

I CAN'T CONCEIVE THE IDEA THAT POSHPICE DOESN'T WIN!!!:cry:

THIS BOTHERS ME!!:banghead:

WELL, YOU KNOW, YOU ARE THE BEST:thumbsup:

I SAID THIS FROM THE BEGINING AND NOTHING N' NOBODY CHANGE MY FAVORITE POSH:drool: :drool:

THE BEST OF THE BEST:bowdown:

Spin99
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Also shocked at not seeing you anywhere in the winner's list.
Sure it must be really hard for a jury, but some work that got mentioned
was nowhere near yours on technique imho.

I think they all went for "painterly".
They probably lack a sense of humour also..

Climax
06-28-2005, 11:05 PM
:shrug: Well Aly,
This is a top image i lke it a lot, you should be proud of it, for some of us you should have get a first price :thumbsup:
:beer:

pseudonympending
06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey man, like the other guys who've posted here I can only express my true disbelief that your work hasn't, at the very very least, recieved an honourable mention.

You were undoubtably up against some stiff comeptition, but wtf has a guy got to do to win something round here if this can't? I'd even go as far to say that i'm left doubting the artistic intergrity of these challenges.

Nevertheless, you've managed to stay gracious in defeat and that is truely to your credit because if I were you I'd be bloody well miffed to say the least. I guess with even the most careful planning you can never account for prudishness!

Best of luck with your future work,
Dave.

xric7
06-29-2005, 05:39 PM
:sad: one of my favs that's not placed in winners list.:banghead: ......:shrug:

AlyFell
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Ha ha! Gracious in defeat! Actually I've got small dolls of each of the judges, and am sticking pins into them as we speak! Does that hurt Steven? OK Daryl... take that! Stab stab stab! No really, in the end it's a competition that has to have winners, and I don't deserve to win any more than anyone else that put in the effort and time to enter. And that's what is meant by everyone is a winner. You completed the challenge to the best of your ability and so did the prizewinners! What's the difference? Non, really. The rest is all ego. :)

But thanks again for even thinking this very silly, self indulgent pic is worth a place! Now where did I put my book of curses written specifically for judges to get haemorroids? ;)

BlackDidThis
07-02-2005, 11:20 AM
The sad news has reached me a little bit later than the others...

Well I know it is nothing to compair to free hardware or softwares that come along with the glory of winning... but if my finding the higher res you shared earlier of your very silly, self indulgent pic worth being kept highly in my collection of porfolio's means anything to you...

Than you might enjoy to know that your work has been held highly by one more person to your already comprehencive list!

It was an acception to have met you this close up.

Black

K. Scott Gant
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I honestly thought the top prize for the 2D was going to be either you or Linda...and since Linda won I thought you were going to be second place. Imagine my total suprise to see you weren't even mentioned!

The people that won certainly deserved it, and I'm sure the judges had a VERY tough time breaking it all down. But I still feel your piece was in the top 2. Certainly in the top 5.

Best of luck and I can't wait to see more work from you.

Tranchefeux
07-10-2005, 06:21 PM
It's a pity that you the attention of the judges did not retain, but
you mine retained well, I hope to see one of your next realization.
Good road.

CGTalk Moderation
07-10-2005, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.