PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Aly Fell

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

MoonVisionStudio
04-04-2005, 12:53 PM
You rock dude! I think I am falling in lust!

mack72
04-04-2005, 12:57 PM
At last, colour on one of the girlies! This is going to look stunning, HURRY UP! Need to see more!!

AlyFell
04-04-2005, 01:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112619812_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112619812_large.jpg)

Sorry, it was a bit confusing with the 'mistress' on her own so this is a slightly earlier version with 'Kitty' in view... I've turned up the contrast a fraction as it was looking a bit washed out, and slapped a colour on 'Kitty' to give you an idea of her hair colour.

mack72
04-04-2005, 01:07 PM
When I said hurry up, I didn't mean it literally! This is coming together REALLY well now.

SLOW DOWN!:D
Mack

flyingP
04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Oooooh yes! I can see this coming out very nicely......ummmm....nothing to crit really :D :thumbsup:

taeyoungchoi
04-04-2005, 01:21 PM
I like your stuff!
Only my concern is both two characters are too pretty.
I think making one of them different would make it more interesting.
Just little thought! Looks great!
Keep it up!

nebezial
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
that s it!!! i give up, i am going to leave the life of art and pursue my dream of becoming a hand model!!!,only my hands are all destroyed from drawing too much, WOEE ur work is sooo goood!!!:scream: ps i read the message from calisto and it made me wonder too... Are u a guy or a girl,
dont get insulted but ur name kinda works both ways:D

Matt-Bortolino
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Possibly the most sexist entry so far. Keep it up! :)

element5
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh yes, I really am liking this style....everything looks so cool no crits here :thumbsup:

arLutiK
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Satarting to look really nice, continu the great work :thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Possibly the most sexist entry so far. Keep it up! :)

"Sexy? What's wrong with being sexy?" (Nigel Tufnell - Spinal Tap). :D

I'm definitely a guy! Lol! I just have a stupid nickname that I've regretted choosing now, for far too long! But 'cause it's stuck, I've gone with it! I wish I'd called myself 'Dark Lord of Chaos' or something gothic and threatening in a spooky way, but no, I had to go and choose 'Poshspice'... Like... duh!

Just noticed 'Mistress' looks slightly cross-eyed on my monitor. Hmmm.... have to sort that out!

SuperMario
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Tight work. I really like your lighting in the background and the hair on the mistress is really good. Seems like your work is coming together. The only question I have....Is the mistress looking at the viewer or at the kitty? Cause she looks aloof right now.

AndyH
04-04-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm definitely a guy! Lol!

Gah!
I really thought you were a gal! Sorry! It was the Name, User name and just the general happy-go-lucky way you speak!
Maybe change your name to butch, and add a pic of a big hairy pub regular to your avatar just to set things straight!
I guess this explains why you only draw girls then.....

Keep up the aceness, MR Fell!

eupee
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
great rendering so far, its great. not for childrens eyes.

DrFx
04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Now you've revealed you're a guy, all your threads will sink into oblivion! It's the www way!
j/k! I think Kitty's left breast (so to our right side) looks odd, it should be rounder and perhaps more "hanging" (but don't exaggerate!). This is a very sexy pic, reminiscent of 50's pin-ups!

sidchagan
04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Detail's coming out very nicely, and good composition. I like the coloring on everything so far, particularly her costume, and the perspective's great.

flyingP
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I just have a stupid nickname that I've regretted choosing now, for far too long! But 'cause it's stuck, I've gone with it! I wish I'd called myself 'Dark Lord of Chaos' or something gothic and threatening in a spooky way, but no, I had to go and choose 'Poshspice'... Like... duh!

OK you get a couple of extra brownie points for that :D

Velinov
04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow. This avatar is awful!!! Whats happened to your pretty face. :thumbsup:

http://farfolina.pochta.ru/death.jpg (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=221933)

XIA
04-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Looking good Bro, the BG turn out really nice.

Arctis
04-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm ready to bet my workstation that you're gonna win a prize ;) (It's a joke, of course, but I'm sure of what I say...)
Nice result, congrats man!

AlyFell
04-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Ha ha Svetlin! :) There seemed to be some confusion over my gender, so I was putting the record straight! I'll change it back later! Poshspice is a long story...

DrFx - Heh! You're right about the breast, I'm on it now! Er... perhaps I should re-phrase that!

SuperMario - She should be looking at Kitty, but for some reason it looks a bit squinty on the big shot... I'll work it out... :) Ta!

taeyoungchoi - Kitty will look a bit different from the other character when she's finished - I hope!

Anyway... Beer, football, chicks, cars with big engines, computer programming.... now where did I put my embroidery?

Zephyri
04-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Wow! Gorgeous work so far Mr Poshspice... Glad to see someone is brave enough to tackle a fetish environment with two women! I think you are put at ease because the setting is so every-day, the fact the mistress is standing in all her fetish regalia and drinking from a mug is just lovely. I'm exceptionally envious of your painting skills, the colours in the mistress's skin are lovely. Can't wait to see how it pans out in full colour!

Miyagu
04-04-2005, 09:16 PM
haha! your new avatar is great! i was very shocked! :)

coryloftis
04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
I've been watching your post since the beginning, and it's looking great. I'd be lying if I didn't say I enjoyed a couple of your earlier compositions better, but hey eventually you just have to pick a direction and run with it. I love your painting style, my only crit is maybe your values are a little even at this point. With that kitchen window I think it would be nice to see some more contrast and some nice rim lights on the mistress. Keep it up! :applause:

Mordalles
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
wow, its really looking great! cant wait to see the end result.

Tariq12
04-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey Aly, your Avatar is freaking me out. I swear I saw this guy asking for money out side Tesco the other day.
T.

Slav
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
HA! this is quite the funny peice. playing on the fetish of some and the sexual desire of all.

i like the image over all even though i am not too fond of the anime'ish block style of painting.

feeb
04-05-2005, 01:34 AM
I just wanted to add to the impressive heap of fans here, that you're really onto something with this piece. I've been watching the development for a while with growing interest. I can see it's going to rock everyone's socks off (some have already come loose, and are dangling about the feet).

Your anatomy and foreshortening appears spot-on. I have no crits right now, as it's too early to see any imperfections -it's going very strong, and I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the progress, and offer any insight I might have (though I don't anticipate having to do so. :) ).

Best of luck! Continue to rock steady!

digital-bobert
04-05-2005, 01:57 AM
nice stuff! no crits... just enjoying the show

JasonChan
04-05-2005, 02:51 AM
It's looking great! My only crit right now is that I don't think the master's inner thigh should be getting that much light. Pushing the value back would also help with depth and distinguishing between the legs once both are rendered.

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 04:14 AM
just came to watch sexy kittykat process and like that. they are comeing to life nice and... sexy. meow! hehe. :applause: keep it up mate, your piece rox:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eclipson
04-05-2005, 04:58 AM
very nice color, skin color is beautiful, keep goin!:thumbsup:

Infernando
04-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Just entered the challenge and i must say that your entry is pure eye candy :)
Good luck!

francis001
04-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Tasty colors so far man, keep it up.

BlackDidThis
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
There must be soething odd about me.. the girls are amazingly attractive... the painting is going great.. and the pose.. oh boy! Don't even get me started on that.

But I am here starting on a post to compliment the kitchen!
Man the kitchen looks fantastic!. Would I go into the details of it I would be obligated to point out a dear set of errors all through out. But all the tunings up put aside, it looks so good and so describes a kitchen from the 50's. The mood, the lighting.. even the 'photograph' quality. Did you refference it from an existing kitchen or a picture?

Well for short it add's so much more to the pose and the image. Had you gone for an ultra modern or luxuriouse or even a playboy kitchen I don't think the whole would be halve as good.

It's going to be a fantastic entry with the way things are going. Nothing to comment here.

Black

calisto-lynn
04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
great progress!! i see u changed your avatar.:D yup, definitly a guy.

AndyH
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Hows the next update goin? You sticking with the bart design on the mug?
Also, any ETA on your website? Your new avatar (not father jack) is another tantalising glimpse into all the lubberly artwork youve created, but not shown!

Lookin forward to the next update!

CodeNothing
04-06-2005, 03:03 AM
wow! i knew this one was gona be great! :)

I like the little touches like the feathers and bart simpson mug. Im not sure if it would be "Possible" but i think it would be realy cool if the mistress had bars of light from the window blinds going accross her form. But, i am not sure if they are being lit by the sunlight or artificial light.

Looking great either way!! :thumbsup:

GhostInTheMachine
04-06-2005, 03:09 AM
its looking great. i have nothing useful to say. :thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Sorry for the delay in updating... and thankyou for stopping by!

codenothing - Ha! That's exactly what's going to happen. The lighting is nothing like what it will end up like at the moment. So ta for that!

AndyH - Hopefully I'll put up another update today or tomorrow. I don't want to put up too many if there are no real differences to show... heh! I changed the avatar because of the confusion over my gender. I've been strutting around at work in big boots spitting and a cussing and deliberately not shaving. The funny thing about avatars is that you end up imagining people look like them. In which case you're a bunny girl! :)

BlackDidThis - Cheers for that! The kitchen will still look quite different yet, and I've only used my own as a layout, the colour scheme is still a bit undecided yet. I just want it to end up looking like a completely normal kitchen! With er... these two in it! :)

Evil Gerbil - Ta Jason! I'm really not working the way I normally do, and it's confusing me. As I've said I usually work into a face and spread out. This time I jumping from bit to bit and not finishing it, which should be a good way of working into the picture as a whole. But my small brain can't cope...

Tariqr - Didn't you recognise Father Jack from 'Father Ted' ? Hehe!

Coryloftis - You're quite right. The contrast and saturation will be played with forthwith!

Dunkelgold - I didn't mean to scare you! ;) It's changed again now...

calisto / GhostInTheMachine / Francis001 / Infernando / eclipson / the1st_angel / digital bobert / feeb / slav / Mordalles / Zephyri thankyou sooo much

duddlebug
04-06-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm with AndyH on this one... where's the website, Posh!!

"coming soon"?? Not soon enough matey!! Sort it out Mr.Fell!!! :p

AndyH
04-06-2005, 08:13 AM
The funny thing about avatars is that you end up imagining people look like them. In which case you're a bunny girl! :)

Hm... yes - the funny thing is that when i had that 'ray gunn' character as my avatar before bunny, a lot of people imagined i looked like him - yech!
Gots me eyes peeled (ouch) for this update you speak of....

Enayla
04-06-2005, 08:27 AM
This is coming along beautifully, Aly. Excellent colour choices, too, I love the greenish tones.

How about adding a cat bell to either the earrings or around the neck on the kitten girl? You know the kind, yeah? Unless that's what I'm already seeing in her right ear (if that's the case, make it a little bit clearer, I think). Anyway, that's a silly little suggestion, lovely work: I've been stalking this thread but not saying much, sorry about that.

Tariq12
04-06-2005, 09:57 AM
O'migod ! It is father jack ! u know your sitting up at 3 in the morning and your trying to think where have I seen this ugly mofo before.. mmm brain work now.
T.
My Master & servant : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=222506

My Web Site : www.tariqart.com

Battle Angel : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=203795&page=1&pp=15&highlight=battle+angel
:thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
AndyH / duddlebug - 'Ere... stop ganging up on me! Haha! I don't have time to get that blinkin' website done at the moment because of this challenge! And real work! "If I build it, it will come..."

enayla - cheers Linda. The bell idea is fab! She's only rough still though. I was going to have a badge round her neck saying "Happy, healthy, neutered", which you see on some pets in the UK, but perhaps that's going too far so maybe not! :hmm:

BlackDidThis
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Really not.. I have seen som name tags on lovers such that happen to even have a quote:"Prperty of ..." Or even more "I am a property of ..."

I think your idea should fit in nicely.

Black

mack72
04-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Love this image! You should definately go for the 'pet tag' around her neck. I like the bell idea as well. This is coming along very nicely!

nebezial
04-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Cool new avatar man:D

alexichabane
04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Cool concept. You've got a really nice painting style, and the under drawing is great. The characters are perfectly balanced between being realistic and stylized. Keep up the good work. Alexi

ANARKY
04-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Cant wait for this update Aly. This is looking really nice.

I've got my idea pretty much sorted now after a bit of a shakey start. Let me know your thoughts.

So thats your kitchen is it then mate? Hmmm, so did you get your GF and one of her friends to pose for you? You lucky dog...er cat...man... i'll get me coat!:)

dougbot
04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Looking good. I'm surprised at how much of the background you paint in. It's cool that you do, I just would not have expected it. Great work.

prostrise
04-07-2005, 06:43 AM
whew whee, i always work up a sweat looking at one your pieces. very nice composition on it, and the chicks are as fine as always.

spacesnail
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Lovely picture. Funny and sexy.
Ooops, my wife is just calling me...No, no, no it's a contest... not a sexy site.

Keep going on, you've got such a great style and painting skills.

Cheers Snail

rePLAY
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey, u are really good! :)
It is pleasure to see such a good rivalry!

bonestudio
04-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Man I didn't see your work before !!! That's excellent.

You have a great sens of composition and coloring. I love the "classic" touch you put into it :) I love the "kitten" expression.

I think you're on a good way to be part of the top of the contest !!!

AlyFell
04-07-2005, 01:53 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112882028_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112882028_large.jpg)

Once again, a small update... sorry, the fates conspire against me. I think this shows the kind of 'cheesy' finish I'm going for with the expressions and the rendering of the face, of which I'm getting 'somewhere' with! The lighting is no where near right yet! I've done a little more on 'Kitty', so I'll try for a further update later... but no-ones looking at work at the moment....

AndyH
04-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Amazing stuff aly! The face is really getting there now. I presume its not finished, but i think the teeth look odd and could use more depth and detail, but again, its probably not finished.
Im somewhat gutted that youve gone back to the old mug, but either works fine really.
Great looking hair detail, and the glow on the blinds is looking cool.

Keep it up!

marcheen
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
niice! but i like find the other girl more attractive so i'm waiting for her to get more colours;) hehe. very nice image! cheers!

AlyFell
04-07-2005, 02:01 PM
The mug hasn't gone completely. It's still going to be hanging up, but I think this one has a certain class.. er... :rolleyes: And yes, it's not finished. The teeth are next, and as usual I've upped the contrast a little, as my monitor is a bit pooey!

walrus
04-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Looking nice, Aly! There are some great things going on here. I am especially loving the cirlicus in the hair, the definition in the face around the nose and the cheeks (not that the rest is bad, i just particularly like those parts,) the new tea-cup, and the way the breasts fit in the snug bodice. One comment on the yes, 'though it's more evident from the last post than this one: Feels like she's looking not at "Kitty" but at us, the viewer. Not sure whether that was your intent or not, so there it is.

Anyhow, great work so far. As always, can't wait to see more...

-mike

Pierrick
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Heyy!! Thats is a very expressive picture !! I like it a lot !! And what a girl !! :love:

Great! ^^

ANARKY
04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Great stuff. The hair looks so cool. I love those tight curls you've put in here. A good cheesy look on her face too.

Looking forward to more!

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
you have been doing something with her eyes? they have a satisfied glare..

and you have changed the cup? nice.. well i liked it on the bart better,because it gave her a special kind of human personality. she is too serious this way.:bounce: well i like it anyway. good work!

eupee
04-07-2005, 04:40 PM
this just makes me depressed.. i cant imagine how you can picture light sourses and reflective light, and all that. How many years have you been painting???

JasonChan
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Looking good! I like the peacock feathers :)

By the way, did you change your avatar just so people wouldn't think you're a girl??? lol

AlyFell
04-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Aaargh! I just wrote a long reply and my browser crashed! Grrrr...

I was just looking at it on my monitor at home and some of the values are all screwed up... back to the drawing board. Her left eye needs bringing forward and the skin looks blotchy... bum!

Evil Gerbil - Lol, I haven't done the feathers yet! And yes, I am hopelessly transparent! I went out and bought a copy of GQ today to try and get back some of my lost testosterone! :)

eupee - I wish I could paint and use colours like Enayla or a ton of the artists here, but I always end up painting like I draw. And I only started painting like this a couple of years back. Up till then I was strictly a Rotring and artboard kind of guy. Then I looked with fresh eyes, and a whole new world opened up - a world of colour, of tones and shades. Butterflys, bees and birdies. And I completely ignored it and started drawing girls again...

calisto & walrus - her eyes aren't right yet. I keep coming back to them... so for now I'll probably leave them looking at us... but I don't know! Must... make... a decision...

ANARKY/Pierrick - Cheers dudes!

marcheen - Kitty's looking a bit grumpy at the moment, but then she should really shouldn't she! :)

W-I-L
04-07-2005, 07:03 PM
loveing this alot. really. like how you are playing on the comedy of it. Your painting style is very good.. what do you use?

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 01:45 AM
...Then I looked with fresh eyes, and a whole new world opened up - a world of colour, of tones and shades. Butterflys, bees and birdies. And I completely ignored it and started drawing girls again...

hahahahaha, girls girls girls. and so sweet ones... sigh, an me, i cant even get my shitty sketch right... just am playing hopelessly around with base proportions of my comp while your girls seem to be alive already. I love your last update. your works impress make me smile. again and again. keep on doing that!
cheese...:scream:

nathanwallis
04-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Thats hot dude, a credit to you, cos I thought your earlier versions were how it was gonna look, just with the one girl and I could see that she was kneeling on something, it was obvious what it would be... Think its cool that even just looking at a part of the image you can tell whats happening.

Love it and how you are not afraid to take a more literal meaning on master and servant.

Nathan
Australia

and the poms can't play cricket ;)

SONIC-X
04-08-2005, 06:06 AM
Exellent work so far

nebezial
04-08-2005, 06:58 AM
damn the fates, ill poke them in that one eye of theirs:D looks great man, this cup looks more ellegant, somewhat fifties, like it!!

adel3d
04-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Excellent progress!
good luck!

AlyFell
04-08-2005, 07:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112946374_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1112946374_large.jpg)

Thankyou for continuing to stop by at my thread! It is really appreciated. :)

I wasn't too happy with 'Mistress'. She was looking too fluffy and nice... so she needed to look a bit sterner. Head down, eyes narrowed and the grin more cynical. Walrus, you were right about her looking at the viewer, not Kitty anymore. I'm going to leave that bit of the pic alone for now because her expression is nearly there, and concentrate on Kitty and the BG, which are both only blocked in for now. Kitty won't have a bright pink nose, which she seems to have at the moment! :) We've still got 40 days to go!!

nebezial
04-08-2005, 07:51 AM
good decision man she looks more mistressy now, and i love the expression on the kitty, very- id like to make u eat that cup- like:D

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
the expression is soo much better now, now it really looks like she's having a blast torturing her. i like it!!:thumbsup:

crowley
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Excellent: she looks so much crueller now, absolutely in character. Love it. :thumbsup:
And that may not be the point of this post, but the lighting on Kitty's face is jaw dropping.

AndyH
04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Great stuff - but i think im gonna try and be more critical than just "WOW u roxX" as i normally do when i see your work.
Mistress' face is much better now - more dominating and her eye direction is more logical. But is it just me, or is her mouth a little off perspective and slanty?
Also, i think kitty's mouth isnt quite as good as your previous update, and im not too keen on the strong uplighting.
Sorry if im being an arse, but i grown really attached to kitty on your last update, and i presume its still very WIP.

Keep up the shenanigans

BlackDidThis
04-08-2005, 08:36 AM
I think I had originally liiked the earlier form of her. I t offered a cool variaty to what you would usually see these couples depicted as. It was a sweet pose with a "Aww pooor kitty" in her glance.

But I think I get your point, they did tned to look like playing a game, and the expresion of the 'servent' was not really fitting the game bit.
Now the expressions sort of compliment each other. She is down on her knees doing what she is told to do. And she had better do it good!:wip:

Things are turning out great here. Are you going to work more on te stolkings as you have on her shoulders and head?

Black

AlyFell
04-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah! Looking at it here her smile is a bit too crooked, but I've been getting a little anal about it so I'll come back to her later. And Kitty was blocked in very roughly... The uplighting is a guide for me. When the lighting from the window is developed later, I want some reflection from the white tiles and the ambient to light her face, as I'm trying to avoid a strong secondary interior lightsource. Kitty likes you too AndyH...

BlackDidThis - Nothing is finito yet! :)

jowens
04-08-2005, 08:50 AM
That's really cool, I like what you've done so far. Like the windup mouse too :)

I like the master's expression...I was considering suggesting more of a smirk, but I think what you have really works.

I'm not as enamored with the servent's expression...it's good, but it might be interesting to try some variations.

ANARKY
04-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Im with Andy H here, the new Mistress face looks crooked(sp?) to me. The far side of the mouth is too high. The earlier version is anatomically better but what your going for in her expression is better in the newer one, just needs work. But you can see that.

Do you ever flip your work? Flip it Horozontaly and the mouth stands out as wrong, and I still say that back leg is off. Its too far back.
Maybe get your Girlfriend/a friend to pose for you, take some photo's and use them as reference.
Just a thought.

I dont mean to be too harsh here, Im loving this image and want it to be the best you can do which is why im pointing these things out. The lighting is great and comming on nicely, the under lighting is nice on the Kitty, I like that, it adds a kind of "You'll get yours!!!" thought to her.

Cant wait to see more my friend!

mack72
04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Loving the new take on the mistress, but maybe you could even try having her licking her lips? This could make her look more like the mistress type, getting off on the domination! Maybe!

I wish I was this far on!

Great work, as ever!

Cheers
Mack

monsitj
04-08-2005, 10:36 AM
great coloring , nice style , nothing to critique! :thumbsup:

GhostInTheMachine
04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
this is easily one of my favorite images. dont want to crit too hard cos, what do i kno?!, but the blind and the light passing through it just dont match. ed- maybe they do ignore that!
i prefer expression 1 of the chioce you had in the last pic
it looks great! :)

JakubFromOz
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
yeh the change of smile reall ymakes a differance :D i like the style of ur art looks nice and sleek

CoreyArtE
04-08-2005, 11:53 AM
where is the bottom light source coming from on the cat womens face?

fooxoo
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
SEXY SEXY SEXY good progress!

Goro
04-08-2005, 12:33 PM
The look of her face is waaaay better now. I see a lot more motivation in it.
Great update!

JasonChan
04-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I agree that the earlier face was technically drawn better, but the new expression works better. What if you combined the two and just changed the expression on the old face? It would look almost as if she's mocking the kitty. I'd also like to see the eyes narrowed even more. mack72's suggestion of licking her lips would be sexy, but it might be too much... I don't know. Might actually be cool too.

nailuj
04-08-2005, 03:48 PM
looking good!! very good!

Imriela
04-08-2005, 05:06 PM
The reflected light from the floor on Kitty's face is a nice touch!

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
yep, she looks quiet more serious now and looking at kitty helps it a lot, kitty turns out nice. great update mate!

W-I-L
04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
hmmm...

i really liked ur original expresion on the mistress. It added something to it. Like it was taking it out of context, rather than being completly dominating it was like this whole set up was completley normal, lie veryone does it, and she is sipping a nice cup o' tea saying hmmm this is nice, added by the generic kitchen sorrouding.... but its ur pic bro! I just preffered the original, because of what it did for the idea and pic, nothing to do with tecnical execution of it

Claireabella
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi Aly. Wrote something on your thread before but I think the system ate it somewhere along the line. Anyway, great piece of work. Wish I could paint........ some of the images being uploaded are just awesome. Very jealous of your artists out there. Will keep an eye open to see how Kitty gets on. Good luck! :bounce: Claireabella

AndyH
04-08-2005, 10:21 PM
hmmm...

i really liked ur original expresion on the mistress. It added something to it. Like it was taking it out of context, rather than being completly dominating it was like this whole set up was completley normal, lie veryone does it, and she is sipping a nice cup o' tea saying hmmm this is nice, added by the generic kitchen sorrouding.... but its ur pic bro! I just preffered the original, because of what it did for the idea and pic, nothing to do with tecnical execution of it

I agree! I like the fact that her earlier expression was more ordinary and cheesy, but the new one has more purpose, and her eyes are focused on kitty rather than the viewer. Maybe try changing the position of her eyes on the older expression and see what it looks like. Either one of em is ace either way, so im sure itll turn out great whatever approach you take

sidchagan
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
The expression change is welcome- it was good before, but its more suited this time round.
Is she supposed to be looking at Kitty or the viewer? It seems like the viewer, but I dunno what was intended...

element5
04-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Yes the tilted head works for me :thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
still excellent work!!!

paulwdavidson
04-11-2005, 08:10 AM
C'mon Posh........get busy......awaiting another post.........saying that, i haven't posted since last Tuesday.

It's looking very cool, and i'm eager to see it fully fleshed.

Paul

AlyFell
04-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Hi Paul - I'm sorry... *hangs head in shame* I've had a busy weekend doing stuff around the house. But I managed to get a bit done last night at 11.30... doh! Completely re-doing the 'mistress' character as I still wasn't happy with her. I've not really caught up with the challenge much, so hopefully I'll get a chance today, and respond to the thread. Wibble...

Zephyri
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi again Aly, this is looking pretty darned amazing. The change in head direction is definitely better for having her interacting with Kitty rather than the viewer, though I kinda liked the less aggressive expression, it was a bit more unexpected, like she was playing mistress for fun, even if Kitty was hating it, but that maybe wasn't what you were trying to do. The light bouncing back onto Kitty 's face is exceptionally well done, even at this stage, I really can't wait to see how this comes on.

W-I-L
04-11-2005, 11:01 AM
change the face back!!! (Stamps his foot in stubbeness)

stevethomas
04-12-2005, 12:19 AM
I gotta tell ya. I did like the happier face. It was like she got caught being bad and tried to play it off with a wink and a smile.

se7en-z3r0
04-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Off the hook posh - I always check out your posts at CA and this looks to be headed in the same direction - top notch. I like the new expression though it might not be devious enough >: )

AndyH
04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Hope youre still giving this 100%!

There seems to be some mixed opinions about the new face, and you just said that youre gonna re-do the mistress character. I know youve got a long time left, but some people would give up under these fiddly circumstances. Plus, i aint seen an update for a while!

Gerronwivit, and dont lose heart!

oatz
04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I love the lightsources both from the window and off the floor. It adds a lot to the image, especially in the servan't face. Lovely subtleness there.

Khye

JeffZNY
04-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh come on, people...the new face is MUCH better. That sneering smile is just perfect. Apparently she's getting reworked again though, so that's all i'll say for now:)

Posh, I've only seen your final pieces, never the works in progress, so I'll be watching keenly to see how this comes along.

beelow
04-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Ha ha ha ha! this is getting nicer by the day. Keep up the good work.:applause:

tilite
04-13-2005, 06:05 AM
ditto:thumbsup:

cheeeng
04-13-2005, 06:54 AM
aha something refreshing here...comic style should i say:scream: . Love the girls... very cute not to mention the nose. Your piece had a crystal clear message.

AlyFell
04-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Haha! It sure has a crystal clear message! ;) I'm apologising again for the lack of updates, but this past week has been incredibly busy. I did another idea as a doodle which I might put up sometime, but Kitty and Mistress need a couple of days of full on attention! Thanks soooo much for stopping by here!

Korline
04-13-2005, 07:08 AM
face looking down is much better, gives character to her maybe mean but the character

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224972

tilite
04-13-2005, 09:03 AM
a few days... i mean there adorable but i dont know if i cant wait that long man;)

i thought i should put in my two cents too and tell u i think the second expression is 10 times better.

great work and keep it up

wonlife
04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
i also watched your work many times. Great work ! good luck :thumbsup:

BlueCougar
04-13-2005, 12:17 PM
I like the direction you've gone but the expression is a bit blank. How about raising the outside of one her eyebrows and pushing a twisted smile a bit to give it a bit more "oomph". My mom gives that raised eyebrow when her husband or someone does something wrong and gets the message across pretty quickly! Looking great!

fooxoo
04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Ahh this is one of my faves! They are so sexy! And the Kitty has a FAB expression! I like the over all mood. Will you be adding some stuff, like pans, open drawers, a little bit of a mess in the kitchen? Keep up the good work, I cant wait the final result!

arkinet
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
love it... really expressive on those faces. drwaing females' my weakness so i really admire those who can really make it come out of the pages. :applause:

hdri
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
IMO, the best drawing talent I've found in the challenge, for sure! And the painting skill looks promising. Congrats, we're all following your thread!

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1113470460_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1113470460_large.jpg)

Once again, sorry for the delay in updating. And thankyou for continuing to stop by this thread! :) I've changed Mistress a bit, but spent some on time on Kitty, trying to make her look petulant and sulky. NOTHING is finished yet, it's all still in flux. And if it looks messy round Kitty, it's because it is! I moved her head forward, but haven't erased the lines yet. :)

Edit: I'm also going to move Kittys hand forward to emphasise the perspective a bit more...

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 09:21 AM
hdri/arkinet/wonlife/tilite/korline/cheeng/beelow/oatz - Thanks people! :D

Zephyri/Wil/SteveThomas (I used to work with someone called Steve Thomas). I liked the happy face, but she has to be a bit exasperated and affectionately cross as well! :hmm:

Sidchagan/Element5/Noob/Clairabella/the1st_angel/Imriela/nailuj/Goro/JakubFromOz/Monsitj/
Nebezial/Calisto/Crowley (Phew- is that everyone!?) - Thankyou!

Fooxoo - I sure will be! Lots of clutter and stuff yet to go in! :)

Bluecougar - Eyebrow now raised.... :D

JeffZNY - I chucked the new version of Mistress, it ended up looking too realistic, proportionally, which is not what I want here. But she's getting there...

AndyH - I slipped a bit with 100% this week, but should have more time during the next one! And I ain't lost heart, just the ability to paint....

Seven - Hi dude! Another CA'er here... woohoo!

Evil Gerbil/Mack72 - I'm going to try a 'lip lick', but I'll get a bit more done first! Cheers gents!

GhostInTheMachine - The light will be right eventually (I hope)! It's just an idea thingy still. :)

ANARKY - Andy, nothing harsh there! Good crit... but I'm still trying for a twisted grin. I just hope it doesn't look too deformed! As for the leg, it's altered a bit now, but I'll leave it for the moment.

Phew!

nebezial
04-14-2005, 09:24 AM
and kinky we like it, one thing, in the right corner of mistresses mouth the teeth are too out... but then again u r not finished with shading so im just gonna shut up and envy u:thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Nebezial - Thats something to do with the jpeg compression, because it's not like that on the original! Weird... Excuses, excuses...

AndyH
04-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Woo! Nice one!
The mistress looks ace-a-roonie - love the hair, face and 'teasing' skirt areas. I dont much like her beauty spot though.
Kitty is looking much better, though shes starting to look a little chubby due to her round nose and fat lips. Nice uplighting - i think it would be excellent if mistress was dressed in black, and kitty was dressed in really light colours like white, pink and cream. Her hair would look ace as light blonde/ white too. It would make a good contrast between the dominant and submissive roles.
Keep up the goodness - this is gonna kick arse fo sho'

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Kitty's pouting Andy! Heh!

Goro
04-14-2005, 10:14 AM
Hmmm I liked the old harstyle of the mistress better...Now she looks more calm...not
so dominating...imo
But maybe it's just me.

I think Pink gloves would fit better with the overall coloring.

Looking forward to your next update!

ANARKY
04-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Hiya Aly

Hmmm, very nice update there my man. Prefer this new Skirt on mistress, gives her a harder more seductive edge, as does the new hair. Not sure about the tiara though, but, saying that, it could be that she has swiped it from Kitty as if to say "Thats MINE!".
Kitty is looking very good. Careful round the mouth, that shadow on the top lip could look like a Tash!:eek:
I agree with Andy H that Kitty should be wearing light pastel shades, all lace and prettyness! Lace would be good actually! Get some of that in there.
How about making Mistress's tights Fishnets!
I like the tattoo on Mistress, but how about a Tribal rather then Celtic design, might look harsher. You could give kitty a Garfield tattoo or something. Have you thought about actually having a Cat in the image, like on the sideboard or looking in through the window?

Dont really have any Technical crits beyond what I mentioned before, the legs are looking better, I would just have another look at that grin on mistress as well.

This is looking excellent, and I cant wait to see it finished!:thumbsup:

Kyena
04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Aly - I don't really now what to comment on your thread...
This is so freaking amazing..great perspective and great idea and..ah well - you know what I mean :)

It has that feel of the old american comics to it which is totally amazing imo :)

Magnemar
04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Nice work Aly,

I really like the painting you've done on the servant's clothes and gloves - are you going to smooth it or leave it quite chunky? (I prefer it chunky...)

I agree with Natascha - perspective is spot on - a really nice composition.

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
some good points made about differneing the clothing of mistress and kitty.. cos right now they look sameish.... however i did prefer all aspects of the mistress before (i think i am building up the impression of being a grumpy old man, complaining about change.)

But her skirt defantly works for the pic... o and i actaully do refer something.. the tatoo!

lighting on kitty is strange.. where is the light coming from?? Is it glowing radioactive ooze that she is cleaning up? Not sure i like that lighting on face.. as someoen else siad.. looks a bit like a tash is developing.

agree witn change in hand on kitty to show perspectyive.. would like to see that.

actually while i ahve been writing this the new hair is growing on me.... keep up the good work!

W-I-L
04-14-2005, 01:53 PM
actually while i have been writing this the new hair is growing on me.... keep up the good work!

just read that and relised i sounded strange.. probable not the right time to use the phrase 'growing on me'

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Doh! The lighting isn't that obvious yet... but bare with me... I have a cunning plan! As for the tash! Fer noras sake, it's a bleedin' shadow! ;) But judging by the response, I think I'd better tone it down a fraction... anyway, she might have been a bit slipshod with the peroxide there. She's not a natural blonde... can't you see the roots? ;)

walrus
04-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Looking good, Aly! Glad to see you found time to work on it some more. The colors are looking great, and I like the mistress' new skirt a lot. I don't happen to like the new hair as much: First, it covers up her breasts and I was really impressed with the subtleties of the rendering on then in an earlier close-up. Secondly, now her hair style is pretty similar to Kitty's, and I feel like it only helps the theme and image to differentiate them as much as possible. Now, who knows, they could be sisters... which for me adds a really weird dynamic to the piece.

The mistress' eyes now really look like they're focused on what she's doing, and on Kitty, which works well. It's now Kitty's eyes who are breaking the forth wall and staring at us, the viewer. She's engaging "us" and not her mistress, and again, dunno if that was your intent or not. Just thought it worth pointing out.

And I totally agree with Anarky about the tattoo design: As soon as I saw it I thought the same thing to myself: The idea of having a tattoo is nice but celtic knots are so friendly. Something with spikes and angles might fit her implied personality more.

I noticed the Bart Simpson mug has been neatly hung up on the rack with the other tea-cups. Nothing is wasted, eh? :-)

Anyhow, great to see a new update. Keep 'em coming, thay're great!

-mike

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 03:39 PM
wow! this looks great! her look is so sadistic! much better than before! i love it!:thumbsup:

fooxoo
04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I like the Master girl's hair better now, she looks really neat! And the Kitty, man such a nice pouty look! Keep up the good work!

arLutiK
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
wow, this is looking great, amzing work on the face detail.

TheFirstAngel
04-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi Aly! I hope you don't hate me now, but the old hairstyle of the mistress looked way more elegant, strict, more "masterish", really preferred the previous way. ("stitched up?", "banana" uhm, ...me and my shitty english...)
oh, kitty is very very cute coming to life. no crits on her, cuz its early.
best of all my friend, keep on rocking!
Cheers

Nathellion
04-15-2005, 07:20 AM
This is really turning out to be a great entry. My only crit hence is that the kitty looks like she's angry in the last updates, whereas in the lineart she looked as though was digging her subjugation and that expression seemed to me to fit the overall lighthearted naughtiness that the piece conveys. Just a thought :)

Looking forward to seeing the finale :thumbsup:

henningsen
04-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Just freaking cool, mate :-)
I love they way you paint your girls. Really interesting perspektive and great facial expressions, haha. Also very nice to see your process of making this painting, I am watching silently in the shadows ;-)

paulwdavidson
04-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Very nice, mate. I love the light bouncing up onto her face.

I like it a lot.........very skillful!

Paul

Squibbit
04-15-2005, 08:51 AM
here kitty kitty

duddlebug
04-15-2005, 09:57 AM
It's looking lovely, Aly...

Kitty is really cute, and i think the whole image is gonna come together brilliantly.

All i need now is a Kitty of my very own... I'm sure Jane wouldn't mind if she was just for housework..?

BlackDidThis
04-15-2005, 10:04 AM
I think I am with The_1stAngel in this one about the hair...
With the hair so delicately made up, she had given more the feel of a personal touch to their activity. That care has been put into the preparation of it all. That she sat in front of the mirror, and kitty assisted her master in looking her best. The whole bit of the earlier more what gave the ceremonie of the whole incident.
This last hair looks great, it is cruel and 'vamp' by all means. And it feels more dominating. I can't say I didn't like it. I loved it infact. It is just my personal prefference to go for the earlier hairstyle instead. I think though that the crown does not exactly fit the new one.

As for the skirt, I liked the earlier skirt also. I think I had liked the earlier one as it is. But when I look at the new form of her and the new hair. I think you made a very good decision on the skirt. It fits the 'new' master alot better.

The lips of Kitty look fantastic. A perfect capture of disgus and obligation. Sort of like a teen baby sitter changing a diaper. It's perfect! I do agree that you have a risk there to have it look like a mustache. But you haven't exactly completed the lighting on her face. And had mentioned to tone it down to need. So I doubt any threat could be mentioned there.

I can't really agree with the comments on the gloves though. I think they look very apropriate. Shal you decide to change it I do see it working out. But to my opinion, the way they stand out now actually adds alot to the story.

Things are working out very impressively!

Black

Vilpep
04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
very cute work.This so nice.:thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-15-2005, 03:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1113578386_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1113578386_large.jpg)

Probably a bad idea, but I wanted to post a lighting idea. Please don't read this as final, the quality of rendering I'm going for is more like Kittys face. This is just a quick overlay to get a feel for the sort of ambience I want to end up with. Late afternoon sun, maybe with a few bugs banging their heads against the window. Just a thought.... Ideas always welcome! :) I might make it later evening, but if I can get that warm summer sun feeling of trapped sunshine I might go for it! Going to be in an internet free zone for a couple of days (Devon!), so TTFN!

brianl
04-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Kitty's face just makes me want to see the final that much more =)

ANARKY
04-15-2005, 03:30 PM
That is lovely lighting. I like that very much. And something like that would certainly have that Captured Light/late summer sun look to it.

Very good stuff Aly!

RBancone
04-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Nice lighting...i like the servant's face lighting but i prefere the old master's hair..anyway great work..

tilite
04-15-2005, 03:54 PM
this is great lighting... from kitties face it looks like there is a light source on the floor... did u have something in mind... u know now that i think about it a glowing mouse wouldnt be to bad... actually it is pretty bad... i gnore that... lol

i do think u need to have soemthing else going on... like a few bugs on the windows is a great solution... ill have a think and get back to u but keep throwing ideas out there like the bugs.. unusual things are always the best... something like a kettle shapped as a cow... that makes things more interesting

best of luck its looking great

Nigel-Q
04-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I dig the light shafts you've added and the servant's expression is perfect. maybe some more interesting details in the kitchen? would be cool to give us more information about the hapy couple?

cha0t1c1
04-15-2005, 05:14 PM
whoa! another update, man I'm so having fun looking at the progress of this very stylish piece, more more more:bounce:

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
that looks good... the summer shunshine lookms excellent, like it i quite late ... love that

fooxoo
04-15-2005, 05:46 PM
The warm evening light will fit the image perfectly!

dondiego
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
its a nice fetishist non-sense image :)
the lighting is good and I`m willing to see the whole image rendered like kitty`s face.
thinking a little bit further, I would add some tricky element to the scene. Like, something that shows a little chance of kitty say "now who steps who?!?"
keep it up! :thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
04-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Hello, very good work, the faces are very made a success of congratulation, and the topic is really amusing.

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 07:00 PM
BEAUTIFULL!!!:bounce:

ANARKY
04-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Cat in the Window, put a cat in the window I say!

Dulshad03
04-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow great work.
I've been following this piece alot and, man, am I seeing some progress.
Good Job!
the background is great.
By the way, did you change the master's head on some way, 'cause i really like it and i think it works better thatn the old version.

fensterer
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
This one is coming along nicely. I like how you achieved the volumetric lighting effect from the window. Nice job!

BlueCougar
04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Awesome development! As far as the tatoo you could do a classy barbwire band (ala Pamela Anderson)around her arm with primroses here and there on it. I like both hairstyles honestly, just wonder if the first allows you to see more expressiveness from her face...hmmm....
As far as Kitty I like the direction its going and the contrasting color idea for "wardrobe" is a sound image idea. Well hope things are well and cya when ya get back!

gorvien1
04-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Hi Posh! I think your lighting idea is wonderfully ironic. Good luck! :buttrock:

Samuraikuroi
04-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Dude!! The lighting is fantastic! Along with the colors and Concept this is a great piece! :thumbsup:

My master and servent (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226306&page=2&pp=15)

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 02:58 PM
oooooooooh my name is aly and i have all the skill in the world :rolleyes:

lol! looking teh faboulous.

*remind me not to say that again*

JasonChan
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
The image is coming together great! No real crits right now. Just keep going!

cyberarts
04-18-2005, 02:36 AM
I really like your style. The angle view really give the felling of submission. It work well!
I can't wait to see the end result.

Keep up!!!

Tariq12
04-18-2005, 02:27 PM
This is looking AWESOME dude !! love the atmos.
Cheers,
T. :applause:

eddieellis
04-18-2005, 03:08 PM
meow.... i like it

calisto-lynn
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
it all looks great!:)

xric7
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
excellent paintin
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
great work !!

my master and servant 2d
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677

marcheen
04-18-2005, 04:15 PM
hey i like what you have done to Kitty so far. she's still my favourite among these two. you didn't disappoint me;) cool.

Vahn
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
heehee very nice :D

your choice of colors is really cool...i just love the yellow rubbergloves :) and the lightning is shaping up nicely. As tilite pointed out ....the light on kittys chin & mouth looks as if coming from a little flashlight right under her chin ... imho it is a bit too bright and sets the mouth off too much.

hehe i really enjoy this entry .... very good work so far :thumbsup:

arkinet
04-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I love the servants loathing expression... the soft color, really cool, cant complain if shes my servant though:twisted: ....hehehe...great work:thumbsup: & thnx for droppng by my thread!!

HOON
04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
okay i will say it.
my favorite entry so far.

concept alone is rather simple, but your execution is out of control cool.
i cant really say anything constructive but to say i will keep my eyes on your progress! keep up the fantastic work as usual, aly!

Ducklator
04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
oh, sh*t!

you have a AMAZING job!! I love it! no matter the rules, you'll have win!!! hahaha... I wanna be so good like you!:bounce:

good luck!!

(a ke hora sales por el pan?) jajaja...:D

---------------------------

my master n' servant concept:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227831

TeemuR
04-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Hehe! Nasty! :drool: You've gave them very good face expressions.

SteelPixel
04-19-2005, 07:37 AM
looks great so far - can't wait to see the rest of it rendered like the face,
also I know it's only in progress but while I kinda like the sunbeams the top one doesn't look like it starts from the window
cool stuff

ilusiondigital
04-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Pretty image and good luck

MY M&S http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229417

AlyFell
04-19-2005, 07:44 AM
I was away this last weekend so not much chance to work on this, but should get a bit done on the BG and clothes soon. Thankyou for still stopping by! :D

brianl/NigelQ/chat01c1/WIL/Tranchefeux - Thanks! :)

DonDiego - Cheers! :D

Callisto - Thankyou! Twice!

Anarky - I think it needs to be more subdued, but hopefully it gets the idea across! Bless ya! And a cat in the window is a very good idea!

learner88 - The hair seems to be the subject of such diverse opinions as 'yup' and 'nope!' I'm in the 'probably like this' department myself... so it may change for the final image... :)

tilite/vahn - The light on Kittys face will be a bit more subdued yet. The mouse'll be a plastic wind up one I think. Lot's to do on't backgound yet! Heh!

Dulshad03 - Yes, mistresses face changed a couple of times, and it may again! 'Cause I'm like that! ;)

fensterer - (You ain't like that teacher in 'Recess' are you?:) ) Ta muchly!

BlueCougar - Yeah, Kitty will end up with a paler wardrobe than missy, and the tattoo seems to have met with disaproval as a Celtic band, so I'll probabubly change it too...

gorvien1/Samuraikuroi/EvilGerbil/cyberarts/Tariq12/eddieellis/xric7/marcheen - Thanks soooo much! :)

Noob - Hehheh! Yeah right...

Hoon - Thanks, I'm a big fan of your work! My 'concept' is not existant! Heh! I'm just going for the self-indulgent angle...

Ducklator/Teemur/Ilusiondigital - - Hatsoff to you too!

Steelpixel - Cheers dude, but that was just a test! :)

Thankyou!

nebezial
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
looks great, u will add the light stripes on the mistresses corset...dont mind me...too much thinking on realism:D my mind is gonna blow, keep it up man

camtheman
04-19-2005, 05:44 PM
:bounce:

This is going to be fantastic! I love your style...

Cheers! :applause:

my MS:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227140&highlight=Cameron+Gardner

oatz
04-19-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm not keane on the lighting. It looks exploitative of the shades and starts to overpower the subject matter. I liked it before when you could tell that you were paying attention to the shades but it wasn't in your face lighting. It was a nice attention to detail. I think this lighting scheme takes away from the interest the originals had. The time of day doesn't make an impact one way or another on the scene, actions or characters so it shouldn't take on this much pronounciation.

grafik
04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
eh eh eh cool concept! the detail and light is lookin very good!! good luck

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 09:21 PM
been hangin around here all day, witing patiently for your next update...:rolleyes:
lol, it's fine, i know we're looking forward to something great, so keep it up!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
go Aly go!

kaparo
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi Aly! Great work on this girls! Very erotic! You are getting the right skin light tones wich is, for me one of the keys for an erotic skin feeling. Ill be looking around. Good luck! :applause:

beelow
04-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Man this is looking good since last I have been here. Keep up the good work. Love the faces!:thumbsup:

dougbot
04-20-2005, 12:55 AM
MY GOD! Incredible work, the lighting, faces, everything. Just perfect. As with Kekai's, I can say I think this is my favorite piece of yours. Great work.

calisto-lynn
04-20-2005, 11:13 AM
i love the rays comin out. it really gives u that home feeling!:thumbsup:

pcpower
04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Posh, i have this feeling that the underneith *ahem* "parts" of the Master is VERY much open and visible... maybe it's just me, but that looks like a grey area you need to address in the composition :)

ms@zx
04-20-2005, 06:18 PM
gotta love the light coming from the window.the mood is spot on and i dig it solid~
just i think the ray doesnt seems parallel with the light from the window.other wise ,its :thumbsup::thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I haven't had a chance to update for a while, so sorry! We've been pretty busy at work with a mini-crunch, and I'm away for a couple of days.... again! But I'm taking the lappy with me so hopefully I'll find some time... It's soooo frustrating when all you want to do is just get on with it! Aaaargh! Grrr.... Wibble...

Nebezial - Don't fret... and steady that brain matey! Light will come... ;)

Cameron Gardner - Thanks! :)

Oatz - Good call on the lighting, but it was just a test. I'm concentrating on the rendering, when I get time; and will play a bit more with the overall ambience a bit later.

grafik - Cheers!

the1st_angel - Soorrreeee... a bit longer yet! :)

Kaparo - Erotic... isn't that a lovely word! Erotic....

beelow/dougbot/calisto - Thanks too guys and guyesses! :D

pcpower - Yeah, you might be right there... I must preserve her modesty! ;)

ms@zx - Another good lighting call! Hehe!

Take care!

XIA
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Coming along really nice! Good faces! Looks like you could play a lot with the lighting this time around. Fun fun.

Great job man!

goktugg
04-21-2005, 10:00 PM
very nice concept*idea...i think.:thumbsup: your project is going so good.beautiful or pretty work with coloring and figures pose...good luck:) .

Mordalles
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
wow, those lights look amazing. and the facial expression on kitty is brilliant! she really looks irritated by her master. i love it.

AndyH
04-21-2005, 11:22 PM
cmoooon aly - any ETA on an update? You gonna get bizzy this weekend?

I shoah hope so!

TheMagnetic
04-21-2005, 11:35 PM
wow this is looking really nice! I think that youve done a great job with you composition, the chics are freaking HOT. BEAUTIFUL paints. geez.. the only thing I could see you changing, and it so miniscule, but the chic on the bottom seems to blend in to the bg. You know waht forget I sad that. cause your illustration is the shart!!!

adia
04-22-2005, 04:10 PM
really attrative style
well done with the coloring too

searparker
04-22-2005, 06:52 PM
I like this comical illustration, well overall the color tone is really nice , i like that girl with a pair of sexy lips (@@)..lolz. if the environment is a punishment room with those abusing equipment,it should be more exciting.....what she will do further....god, I scared to think about it. Cheers.

lotaH
04-22-2005, 09:41 PM
The best comic ilustration of this chalenge...congratulations!

[]'s

BlackDidThis
04-23-2005, 06:32 PM
This is going to be a very 'Radiosity' post but...

Aly, as much as I really liked the evening sun spreading it's colours into the kitchen spellig out a boring life that they have decided to spice up with such activities.. I think you went a little overboard with the yello at this stage.
Yes ok, the light dies it all to the simiallar tints. But it takes a few bouces before the light gets to, for example, the wall just above the windows... So as to get a less 'changed' edge in the spectrum.

Another thing is that if the sunlight is so dominent in the lighting.. then we should really be seeing the mistress and the window's wall seriously darkened out.
I think that is all to say, and I am sure it is something that might be already changed and interfiered to. My point is only for this update I am now looking at.

Your work is just very impressive all together.

Black

MuratCengiz
04-23-2005, 08:03 PM
That's a cool composition. I liked the lightning on the face of kitty, it's interesting. But would it help to have a little more lively colors? I don't know, maybe a little warmness could help. Otherwise i liked it a lot!

PeterPuppet
04-23-2005, 08:18 PM
That´s the way to go:thumbsup: ! Keep rockin´ Aly! Your entry´s gonna be the sexiest.

peace, pete

yonna
04-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Stunning, controversial, lovely.

AndyH
04-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Cmooon! I aint sin no kitty ack-shawn for a good long while yet!
Toss us some scraps of update will yer!

You bedder not be giving up now!

mijaba
04-25-2005, 03:42 PM
This one makes me feel dirty, filthy. Nice job!! 5 stars!

fooxoo
04-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I wanna see some more :D:D Keep up the good work :D

CodeNothing
04-25-2005, 08:29 PM
looking good! I like the idea of the reflected light on the lower girls face, but as you know its too bright. I think the whole image could drop down in value a few steps actualy.

Looking realy good, this is one of my favorates!

hesido
04-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Superb Work. Really beautiful faces and you pinned it with expressions, esp the one sweeping the floor. Other than that, technically impressive things are going on here!

SavageCreature
04-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I wish I had something deep and insightful to say . . . (I try very hard not to post "Wow! Great Job!" kind of replies) but I don't (sorry). Who'd have ever thought of a kitchen as a setting with a topic like this one? I'm just dying to see the finished image. Nice stuff.

AlyFell
04-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Phew! I'm back! Final apology for not updating here and now... 'sorry for not updating!' There, that's done. :) Right! I've done a bit on Kitty and I'll post a WIP later, and respond to all the feedback! Thankyou for still stopping by; considering I've been so tardy, it's much appreciated! :)

cha0t1c1
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM
yahoo, an updat :thumbsup: better post 2nite, getting insanely close to the finish...

camtheman
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Cool, great paint, expressions! I love it! :applause: :applause:

AndyH
04-27-2005, 05:44 PM
I've done a bit on Kitty and I'll post a WIP later :)

is it later yet?

:bounce:

AlyFell
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1114690282_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1114690282_large.jpg)

Very small update! Started doing some work on Kitty and Missys clothes. I'm trying to make Missy look less fluffy, so I've put her in a peaked cap (Geee, haven't I learnt my lesson after last time! ;) ), and maybe an eyepatch. But I might change the hat to a cap like Frankie (Angelina Jolie) wears in 'SkyCaptain'...

The perspective's out on Kittys legs so I've got to sort out the drawing on that... The background is barely started and there's loads I'm not happy with at the moment, so I guess my motivation has been a little down... :( Lighting will come back later! But time is beginning to press on.... gulp!

AlyFell
04-28-2005, 12:12 PM
AndyH - Now it is! ;)

The Peteboy
IotaH
jånnis
mijaba
Cameron Gardner
cha0t1c1
SavageCreature
hesido
fooxoo
Xia
goktug
Mordalles
adia
TheMagnetic - Cheers to you all!

BlackDidThis
MuratCengiz
CodeNothing - Yeah, you guys are right about the lighting. When I've finished detailing and rendering, I'll concentrate on the ambience a bit more! Thanks! :)

Searparker - Someone suggested putting something in the cupboard, so I might yet. But I just wanted it to be a totally normal environment, like this sort of thing just 'goes on'! :)

Ta ta for now! :)

AndyH
04-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Nice to see youve finally updated!
looking progressively greater, but i really dont like that nazi cap much. Sorry!

Its probably a personal thing, but it makes her look much less feminine and girly - i associate those kinds of caps with cliched gay bar scenes :eek: I think it makes her head look big, and alters the fragile composition youve got going so well. It does, however, help establish her as the dominant one, but i think it does a good enough job without the cap.

Lets see what others think, eh?

Personally, i think the whole thing looked topper before you added the cap - all you need to do really is work on the details, rather than add stuff.

Despite picky comments by folks like me, dont lose motivation and i hope you make the deadline!

AlyFell
04-28-2005, 01:00 PM
AndyH - You're probably right Andy. I've been fiddling with it too much. I'm going back to the feathers and tiara I think. It does screw with the perspective like this as well... Concentrate on the BG instead... Thanks... valued observations! :)

paulwdavidson
04-28-2005, 01:05 PM
It's less girlie........but, it kicks arse.....your earlier version and this both work, it's just a case of what vibe you want to settle on in the end...........both are sexy.....hard and soft sexy!

Go with what floats your boat.

Paul

AndyH
04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
AndyH - You're probably right Andy. I've been fiddling with it too much. I'm going back to the feathers and tiara I think. It does screw with the perspective like this as well... Concentrate on the BG instead... Thanks... valued observations! :)

Nice to hear that!
I thought the feathers just made her look more ladylike and classy - more burlesque than bizzarre.
Keep up the shenanigans!

calisto-lynn
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
hey man, dont go down on me now... hehe it looks great, but i wouldnt go with the hat, it looks too defined.. but thats just me.. cheers!:D

walrus
04-28-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, good to finally see an update!
I could go either way on the hat. It's a bit over the top, but then, what isn't? It's certainly not like you couldn't tell who the master - er, mistress - was without the hat! The eye patch, however... {shudders}... does nothing for me. Kind of a turn-off, in fact, and ruins that beautiful face. But again, entirely subjective opinion.

I'm with Andy: Fill in the main details before going back and making additions. It really is looking great, though, don't lose faith in it!
Good luck...

-mike

BlackDidThis
04-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Andy has said all that I would probably go for.. and you have already agreed on it..

I would really like to see the come back of the "lady" Mistress...

Good Luck;

Black

arkinet
04-28-2005, 07:17 PM
i like the cap as it is, but i dnt know about the eyepatch... looking great girl, i wish i could draw ladies like that... take a break, relax, & think happy thoughts :wise:... you'll get there...:thumbsup:

Climax
04-28-2005, 08:35 PM
• This thread turns me on! ,but i must say i liked the expressions in the sketches better, waiting to see more of this Aly!

liquidwerx
04-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Love the cap and eye patch look for that character. I'd go with that posh. =)

M

Smash.rs
04-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Man, this is so Village People...lol. I think that the old look is better, well, this piece is so hot...and that kinda of turn me off...lol.
Keep the good job dude :thumbsup:

AndrewRaZ
04-29-2005, 06:01 AM
i know i'm the quiet one here, but i've been following this thread for a while. i have to say i think the eyepatch and cap pretty much destroy the composition. i think you would do well to go with your instincts and go back to the feathers and tiara; it makes it seem as if she's more subtly playful.

all that said, there's only one other image in this contest that i'm considering voting for, and i think the composition in yours is better, as well as an original idea, rather than the 'monster and master' idea that's so oft overdone. i love this image. my sister loves it too...
i would look forward to maybe buying a print to hang in my room, but i might get the eyebrow from my roommate. ;)

keep up the great work: you give us all something to aspire to.

camtheman
04-29-2005, 04:09 PM
"Someone suggested putting something in the cupboard, so I might yet. But I just wanted it to be a totally normal environment, like this sort of thing just 'goes on'! :)"

Maybe some kitten chow? Some might say that... well...this IS normal. Meow.

Thank you mistress may I have another!

:love:

snowkiwi
04-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Nice looking women. I think servant has the perfect expression for her look-type.

W-I-L
04-29-2005, 04:36 PM
nice touch!

Tariq12
04-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Love the eye patch. Like u said very Sky Catpainy... (Blackadder goes fourth) :rolleyes:
T.

abourabe
04-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I like the update and I'm looking forward to see the final image.
good luck for you !

FIDUCIOSE
04-30-2005, 04:49 PM
That's cool, Can ya built up the emotion of the mistress's face a more bitchy like the bitch one with eyepatch in kill bill?
Wait and see for ya next step.

JasonChan
04-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I really like the changes you made on the master. She's coming out really nicely. The stockings are especially well done.

Scarlet
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
definetely like the cap more then the tiara...I dont think Id go so far as the eyepatch....I love her expression ...so cruel . Love Kittys as well looks like she wants to reach out and touch someone heehee...

stevethomas
04-30-2005, 08:06 PM
For what it's worth, the eyepatch might be a bit over the top. I'm digging the girl on the floor. Very nicely rendered.

SavageCreature
05-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Hey, I actually have something to say this time! :D I like the eye patch/hat combination, but I'm not sure if it portrays what you're trying to convey. Firstly, it goes with her attitude. Secondly, it seems pretty obvious to me that she's not missing her eye, so the eye patch brings to the image a "they're dressing up" or "role playing" sort of feel. It's the "master's" equivilant to the kitty ears. With that said, I think it also equalizes them a bit. If the "master" feels (to the viewer) as artificially "dressed up" as Kitty, it takes away some of the sinister aspect and makes it more of a game that they're both playing voluntarily. Without the eye patch and captain's hat, Kitty is being forced to wear the ears for the gratification of her master, and it's pretty obvious she'd be back in her t-shirt and jeans the instant she could get away with it. With the eye patch she's playing, without it she's bullying. My two cents, for whatever they're worth.

c.

mindrot
05-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Great work Aly.... love the subject. :twisted:

Voluntas
05-01-2005, 06:59 PM
They all look great. You make nice pictures, althought I like them the most because of the nice girls. ;)

Cheers!

Tsahi
05-02-2005, 01:09 PM
hey posh.

i've just started following up on this thread.
first thing, let me say, great work! very appealing to the eye, communicative, and SexY !
second thing, i'm glad to see that your entry took the "master and servant" issue to the
kinky side that it so asked for :eek: , rather then the common fantasy aspects.

about the cap and eyepatch-
i would definately vote against the eyepatch, cause missy's got a pretty and sinister face, and the glare of her eyes is complete and powerful. and the patch does look a little fake, as in- she's not really missing an eye.
generally, for all the clothing, it looks like they're dressed that way on purpose
for their bdsm-ish activity/scene. and thats totally cool, it works. but the patch itself-
its something that obstructs your eyesite, and is probably uncomfortable, and therefore i don't think many misstresses or masters would were it for their dominance as a part of a custom. so both visually and logically i'd go without it.

about the cap- i like it. i think its better then the little crown with the feathers, that made her look too soft, like on a beuty pagent or something like that.
it is possible to gentle the cap a bit by playing with its size and proportions, but its definately more kinky than the little crown.

well, my two cents, on kinky fashion :p.

btw- which of the characters do you identify more with ? as you create the picture, do you see it, and feel it more from one of the characters POV or emotion, or from the viewers POV ?
if i had to guess, i'd say kitty.

anyhow, keep up the excellent work. i love it.

TheFirstAngel
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey Aly,

the cap looks funny, but... please dont go for the eyepatch, for her eyes have much presence and it sort of looks mispalced for me.
but thats just me.
Keep on rocking mate!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zephyri
05-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Hrrm... I'm in two minds about the cap and the eyepatch, it is a more serious outfit I guess than the tiara, but it's may a tad too cliched on the fetish side and not too pretty, if you know what I mean. But then that may have been your intention, so i'll be quiet. Thus far, it's looking amazing though, Aly, I love all the little touches, the rubber gloves, the stickers on the cap, if you keep it. You're already aware of the leg thing, so I won't go into that, but it doesn't really detract from what is shaping up to be one of the best entries in this competition.

kaparo
05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi Ally!
Mmm! This is going great. I really like this hat! It makes her tougher, strong, but I dont like the eyepatch. I mean all this sado-maso stuff are more like a two persons game but the eyepatch seems as if her really do not have an eye. I prefeer some mirrorshades... but with those we will lose her sight wich tell too much of her attitutude. I dont know. Just comments. Good luck on it! :thumbsup:

Art Renderman
05-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Love your work. Nice compostion and angle. As for the eyepatch... I guess that's the beauty of digital illustration; if you don't like it, you can delete it.

Vectorius
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
A very good image!! i want to be in the place of kitty!!:scream:

Good luck!!

T-lapia
05-05-2005, 05:58 AM
this looks soo Hott!. how mcuh DPI r u using for ur peice? 300 or 600?

kerembeyit
05-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Awesome expressions on the faces! Keep it up.

AndyH
05-06-2005, 06:40 AM
Its time for me to moan again:

"Wheres the frickin' update, aly?"

I really hope you aint losing hope on this one - it DEMANDS to be finished. If you dont complete it, i will - and my tools of the trade are wax crayons, felt tip pens and glitter, so it will look hella crap!

Hope to see some more updates soon....

AlyFell
05-06-2005, 10:48 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1115376489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5790/5790_1115376489_large.jpg)

Mini crunch at work still going on, so it's clashed a bit with this! :( (Excuses...)

I've put Missy and Kitty on a separate layer and hidden them so I can concentrate on background details. I've still got to do the cupboards yet and the floor and window, but have been doing all those anal little fiddly bits. Golly, I hate spider plants now! To everyone who has responded, thankyou so much! I'll try and answer some later... :)

RBancone
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Great update!i like the lighting very much..those reflections of the cups are great!!and also the spaghetti translcence is great!Anywhay the image seems to show very much the brush strokes..will you refine it or will you leave it like this?

walrus
05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Posh - looking good! My first thought upon seeing the thumbnail: "Well, at least he got rid of that eyepatch!" (along with everything else.) :-)
The details are great, the kind of small stuff that I've been having a kick putting into my piece too. It really makes the house a home, makes it look lived in.

I could be wrong, but i think the lower cabinets need at least a few inches gap between them and the floor: That's both to give them room to swing open, and also gives all the grody bits of crud you drop on your kitchen floor a place to hide until cleaning time and make them really hard to reach with a vacuum cleaner. Ditto the refridgerator, though i suppose that's some sort of fan vent there... Actually, can't be a coincidence you have neither: Likely you just haven't gotten down that far yet. Never mind, then! :D

Great work, good luck with your crunch and finding time....!

-mike

nebezial
05-06-2005, 01:44 PM
dude wtf? where did they go... see what happens when u dont update fotr too long, ur characters just take a hike:D