PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Laurent Mordin

Pages : [1] 2

MDN67
03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Laurent Mordin has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5781)

Latest Update: Final Image: The punishment of maïkal
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1116260565_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1116260565_large.jpg)

I think of having finished my image I have write a little history to explain it

The punishment of maïkal

It happened a so long time ago that all the written works have been lost and the actual books do not even report it....Good and evil forces conflicted with each other. The battles became fabulous because the magic had being used as it had never been before. Hordes of devils, followed by every single entities living in Hell faced light-creatures armies.

In such troubled times, the dark forces won and several obscurs centurys followed on Earth under the domination of devils who, having shared out the world, became real tyrants, enslaving men and every living creatures of Gaia.

In order to establish their authority and to materialize it, they ordered the construction of huges residences, symbols of their power, and made men worship the dark forces.

Therefore, they erected Katedrals, huge constructions decorated with many sculptures describing demons. In each one of them was put a krull orb, real gate between Hearth and Hell, which permited squads of dark creatures of the ether to break at anytime.

At this point used to reign Esmaroth, the "purple king" of the Hell, absolute master of the evil hordes and chief of demons-lords living on Earth. His Katédraël was the hugest and his orb allowed him to see everything which was happening on Gaia. He was the only one to edict laws and to make them applied his way, always in hatred and violence.

although we don't know exactly today when all this happened we know that it lasted many centurys. One don't know exactly how ended the purple king reign. One tell that men, terrified by Esmaroth power found a guide, whose the name was Maïkal. He was a peasant born during the evil reign.Thanks to the strength of his youth, he fought against the demons laws and managed to organize a small army made of men, resisting against hordes of Trolls which were trying to steal their small harvest. But Esmaroth heard about Maïkal schemes and ordered that one would bring him in front of him. In order to punish him, he spared his life but killed his young wife to make him suffer as long as he would live.

Set free, Maïkal stood several years prostrate, but his hatred of demons made him come near with the divine forces, which touched by his eternel love his wife made him still feeling , decided to raise for him a new army to face Esmaroth, and save the humanity.

The brave and willfull Maïkal, leading the light creatures, won against Esmaroth hordes, setting free the world from darkness.

One tell, that afterward, to reward him, Gods opened for him their kingdom door for the eternity.

FRENCH VERSION

la punition de Maïkal

A une époque si lointaine que les écrits se sont perdus et que les livres d’aujourd’hui n’en parlent pas. En des temps si reculés, que les historiens n’ont put en conserver la mémoire, les forces du mal et du bien entrèrent en conflit. Les batailles fûrent fabuleuses, la magie étant utilisée comme jamais auparavant. Des hordes de démons, accompagnés de toutes les entités peuplant les enfers, affrontèrent les armées de créatures de lumière.

En ces temps troublés, les forces ténébreuses l’emportèrent, et la terre des hommes vécue de nombreux siècles obscurs, sous le joug des démons qui, s’étant partagés le monde, s’érigèrent en véritables tyrans, asservissant les hommes et toutes les créatures vivantes de Gaia.

Afin d’asseoir leur pouvoir et de le matérialisé, ils firent construire de vastes demeures, emblème de leur puissance, et firent que les hommes vouent un culte sans défaut aux forces ténébreuses.

C’est ainsi que, du sol, surgirent les katédraëls, gigantesques constructions aux multiples sculptures imageant les démons de l’enfer. Dans chacun de ces édifices était placée une orbe de krull, véritable pont entre la terre et les enfers, permettant ainsi aux escouades de créatures obscures de l'éther, de déferler à tous moments.

A cette époque, régnait alors, Esmaroth, le « roi pourpre » des enfers, maître absolu des hordes démoniaques et chef des seigneurs-démons vivants sur terre. Sa Katédraël était la plus grande et son orbe lui permettait de voir tout ce qu’il se passait sur Gaia. C’est lui qui édictait les lois et les faisait appliquer à sa manière, toujours dans la haine et la violence.

Si ces temps nous sont aujourd’hui inconnus, ils ont pourtant duré des siècles. Nul ne sait vraiment comment a pris fin le règne du Roi Pourpre. On raconte que les hommes, terrifiés par la puissance d'Esmaroth, trouvèrent un guide, il s'appelait Maïkal. C'était un paysans naît sous le règne du mal. Par la force de sa jeunesse, il s'opposa aux lois des démons et réussis a lever une petite armée d'homme, résistant aux groupes de troll venant piller leur maigres récoltes. Mais Esmaroth eu connaissance de ses agissements et le fît venir devant lui. Pour le punir, il le laissa en vie, mais tua sa jeune épouse afin qu’il souffre le restant de sa vie.

Laissé libre, Maïkal, resta de longues années, errant parmis les terres désolées, mais la haine des démons le fît se présenter devant les puissances divines qui, touchés par l'amour éternel qu’il portait encore à son épouse, décidèrent de lever une nouvelle armée pour combattre Esmaroth, et sauver les hommes de leur noir destin.

A force de volonté et de courage, Maïkal, à la tête des créatures de lumière, vainquis les hordes d'Esmaroth, libérant ainsi le monde des ténèbres.

Il est dit qu'ensuite, pour le récompenser, les dieux l'accueillir dans leur royaume pour l'éternité.

The translation of French in English was made by my friend Guimetz and I thank him , It would have been impossible for me to make it, my English being really bad (I should maybe return to the school)

I am very happy to have participated in this challenge, I have still taught it new things the contact of very great artists who participate in this competition

I would like to thank all the artists who encouraged me during this supernatural challence

ace4016, NinjaASSN, Fahrija, Kyena, Kalemma, Spacenail, Monsitj, Element5, Lemog, NOOB, sketchfiend, WIL, Adrianna, Wussie, Airborn, nebezial, coldfront, scootermaya, Lilie, BlueEyeLizard, Virtuoso, CgTalk member, Climax, Tommy Lee, Don_acme, Pierrick, Riddick, ms@zx, Wussie, jstardust, ninox, teknotek83, Lady Medusa, Neozoom, Baron Impossible, Eclipson, Rhenia, Dogdoy, kuzgunoglu, oro, Ranath, OKMER, OliveBeard, sethart, mack72, Laramus Maximus, lynch, tuck, am7, JakubFromOz, Tranchefeux, cgkrusty, walrus, ogar555, JMcWilliams, calisto, Squibbit, falcor, wireFrame, Gamoron, fooxoo, Fiolka Alexandre, beelow, Freiyer, CoreyArtE, BlacKeri, ilusiondigital, xric7, gulliver3, jugeras, Aradiael, thierry2005, Art2, David01, Samuraikuroi, snowkiwi, Cameron Gardner, liiga, GhostinTheMachine, SoniaNotRed, Glenn Gallegos, 'mb, cyberarts, djinx

And special Thank to :
Guimetz, for his goods translations
Morgy, for his help
jeromoo for his constructive crits
dunkelgold for his help

I hope to find everybody during the next challenge and I wish good luck to all the participants

MDN67
03-22-2005, 07:39 AM
I am very happy to be able to participate again has a challenge CG. Once again I think that I am going to teach it many thing and to see of beautiful very realization.

forward

ace4016
03-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Good luck to you.

MDN67
03-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Thank guy, good luck for you

NinjaA55N
03-22-2005, 08:03 AM
best wishes man :thumbsup:

Fahrija
03-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi laurent,

wish you good luck - good to see you again.

fahrija

Kyena
03-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Likewise Laurent - good luck and have fun :)

MDN67
03-22-2005, 09:15 AM
thank at all

kalemna
03-22-2005, 09:56 AM
good luck and have fun :)
bonne chance :thumbsup:

spacesnail
03-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Et surtout que l'Inspiration soit avec toi :thumbsup:

monsitj
03-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi , glad to see you again! have fun together! good luck !!!:thumbsup:

element5
03-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Hiya, Popped over to give support....good luck!!

Lemog
03-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Another great artist to follow here... great... good luck Laurent :bounce:

MDN67
03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
thanks guys

I think of directing my concept towards a medieval time by tilting to the héroic fantasy, a domain which I like. In this time reports master / servant were comuns. Because the world is nevertheless dominated by the evil, I think that it will be, once again, him who will be the boss. He will be personified by a demoniac entity, That I could not Make otherwise to make hideous and impressionnate at the physical level.
There will be obviously the poor unchainned human beings and dominated by this entity

My first sketch will soon be posted

NOOB!
03-22-2005, 11:59 AM
gud luck man!!

sketchfiend
03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Good luck with the challenge mate, your king arthur and merlin illustration looks great. It will be good to see what you come up with for the challenge.:thumbsup:

W-I-L
03-22-2005, 01:25 PM
good luck!
thsi will be better than the space opera!

MDN67
03-22-2005, 02:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111500733_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111500733_large.jpg)

It is a first fast sketch of the way I imagine the master devil, the perspective effect it against field gives an impression of dominion. It is only a first idea to develloper

Adrianna
03-22-2005, 02:18 PM
oooooh - its a little Giger'esque.... I like it.

Can't wait for the next bit:love:

Wussie
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
yeah that perspective sure gives it something dominating...
Might wanna give it some headgear, allways like that on evil characters :)
good luck!

MDN67
03-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes can be a helmet or the other thing, but it is only a first idea, I think that the character has even the time to evolve

AirbORn
03-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Good luck with the challenege! I'm excited to see what everyone pulls out this time around! Take care.

nebezial
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
HIya ! good luck to you too. love the sketch, it has some serious lighting and dramatic potential:twisted:

Lemog
03-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Demoniac, it's the good word... really... I imagine him without problem... good starting sketch... :applause:

MDN67
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
thanks guys

coldfront
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
ey. nice sketch. looks like it got allot of potential. looking forward to seing some more. good luck! =)

MDN67
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111517974_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111517974_large.jpg)

I made a small 3d modeling to give me an idea of the perspective has to adopt, it will allow me to be correctly guided not to make error in the main sketch

scootermaya
03-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Ouaahhhh ! un autre Laurent ! faire gaffe ils sont forts !
Glad to find plenty of frenchies here !
Good start Laurent ! I beleive you got a real good tone here ! I do like your sketch a lot :thumbsup:
Good luck monsieur !

Nehym
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Replying back to your thread :) Good luck to you too!

Et ca m'a tout l'air que tu es aussi francais; ca fait plaisir d'en croiser d'autres. :)

BlueEyeLizard
03-22-2005, 09:58 PM
And were out of the starting gate! Good Luck!

Virtuoso
03-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi Laurent.......I look forward to seeing you get this as you planned.....I like the concept already.....I wish you all the best,and hope to see you progress well.Good luck to you,and I'll see you soon......:arteest:

cgtalkmember
03-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Good luck Laurent :D

Climax
03-23-2005, 01:59 AM
• Hi Laurent! nice to see u, Good luck pal! :thumbsup::thumbsup: good start by the way!

Tommy Lee
03-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Good Luck there mate:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tom

MDN67
03-23-2005, 11:32 AM
thanks guys:thumbsup:

NOOB!
03-23-2005, 11:39 AM
hey looking good man! looks very powerfull!

Don_acme
03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
good luck ,, and hard work man

MDN67
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
thank guys

Pierrick
03-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice beginning! Good luck to you man !

:thumbsup:

MDN67
03-24-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111668144_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111668144_large.jpg)

I do not have to change my basic idea and thus, I pass to the realization of the line art. During the phases of colour application of the characters should be added I think, and the succube should be modified. The architecture is not which its outline has. critical are the welcome

Riddick
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Good luck laurent!
The point of view is excellent!

ms@zx
03-24-2005, 01:02 PM
its pretty nice overall,he seems very powerful. i know you said she's a succubi, but she still looks like an angel because of the curvy wings and the robe she's wearing. i think you shud emphasize more on her wings to avoid confusion.try to re work on the steps..its off interms of perspective.i'll be looping around:)

Wussie
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
wow, nice composition you got there :D the master certainly seems evil in this position :D

NOOB!
03-24-2005, 04:53 PM
how do u get the perspective so perfect??

are u gunna just reverse the left side of the picture to the right?? or are u gunna draw the rest of the scene in manually???

man jelousy is overcomin me. grrrr

excellent work!

MDN67
03-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Alexandre - Thank mate

Michel - It's true, succubus is not rather demonic, I am going to work again her so that she is more sexy, I am also going to redo the wings which are too much "angelique", thank you for the criticism

Frans - Thank man

NOOB - Thank you for your compliments on the perspective. I am effectively going to invert the architectural structure of the build, but then, I am going to add details so that a symmetry is not too strong, as one rules different on pillars . Then the different colorization with light sources will make the rest

Sorry all for my english

jstardust
03-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Great line art. I can see that this has loads of potential. Good luck:thumbsup:

MDN67
03-24-2005, 09:01 PM
thank for the crit

Virtuoso
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Love the perspective and the concept laurent........This will be a wonderful entry to follow,I;ll be looking for more as you move along....very intense premise and scene.....:thumbsup:

element5
03-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Nice line work :thumbsup:

MDN67
03-25-2005, 06:38 AM
virtuoso
element5

Thanks for the comments mates

NinjaA55N
03-25-2005, 10:59 AM
U did a great job on perspective and u created a superb feeling of a depth. It will be great seeing the roof painted with some michelangelo-like stuff :) Keep going man!

ninox
03-25-2005, 11:20 AM
hello MDN67,

Just want to say that your last image is great although I agree with ms@zx's comment about the succube.
I'll keep an eye on thread.:)
Good luck to you,
ninOx

teknotek83
03-25-2005, 12:23 PM
This is gonna be a tough one, but it has a lot of potential! You have some great opportunities with the lighting. Good luck!

ace4016
03-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Thats a pretty good perspective view. Hope to see more soon.

MDN67
03-25-2005, 05:38 PM
thank guys , t's true, the coloring will be hard, but, it's a challenge:)

Fahrija
03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi laurent,

the coloring is not easy but I think the most difficult part (concept,line drawing, composition) you are working at the moment is much more difficult and you are doing very well, mate.

regards
fahrija

MDN67
03-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Thank mate:)

MDN67
03-26-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111842163_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111842163_large.jpg)

I finished the line art, as said it to me the guy I modified succubus so that she is more demonic. I did not sketch the shadows, I prefer to make it has the phase of colorization. I think that during this stage I added other characters as the gnomes or others.

monsitj
03-26-2005, 02:51 PM
good perspective! but i confuse about the head of master and his chair , maybe u can add more detail to seperate it , so it can see clearly , maybe you plan to use color , good luck!:thumbsup:

NinjaA55N
03-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree with monsitj about the chairs head and demons head confusion. But im sure u have a plan how to visually seperate them. Nice outline :)

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 05:40 PM
i'm sure colour will sort that head confusion out right away.great work!!

LadyMedusa
03-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Intresting perspective, I don't like the devils fluffy legs, but I might change idea when I see a colored vertion.

Neozoom
03-26-2005, 09:09 PM
many thanks for your comment man^^
nice start!

* PS : Mec j'ais cru comprendre que vous etes francais alors voila...
Ton idee , la cathedrale , le demon etait deja dans ma tete comme mon idee principale avant de voir votre page... bien entendu la comparaison s'arretera la.... mais je prefere vous le dire maintenant que tu n'en sois pas etonné. ;)

bien entendu l'architechture , la prise de vue et le demon seront diff ... et les servants aussi.
mais bon je vous avertis juste pour que vous compreniez que je ne vous ais pas "volé" votre idee ;)
voila....

par contre si je trouve une autre idee diff qui me plait plus... ca evitera le litige...
Merci de votre comprehension

MDN67
03-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Monsiti - thank, effectively, there is confusion between the height of the trone and the head of the demon, but during the colorization the color and the texture both elements will be different, I think that the confusion will not exist any more

NinjaASSN - Thank mate, Yes, I have a plan , but if this one does not work , I would change the height of the trone has this moment there

NOOB - Thank for the comment guy, I hope that the color will erase the confusion, if it is not the case, I could again change

Lady Medusa - Thank my lady, I like the addition of hair on legs, it adds a bestial side, but if I do not reach has to return the texture during the colorization, I would change can be at this moment there

BaronImpossible
03-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Nice perspective, but there's a great deal of roof showing. I would prefer the devil to be much bigger.

Neozoom
03-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Man I wait an answer for my post ...
Would you be angry I keep in my optic to do a cathedral background (but very different of yours) and a demon...

* Il faut dire que cette idee est surement passée par la tete de bcp de participants...
mais ca me gene de changer d'optique car mon image finale est super bien definie dans ma tete...

MDN67
03-26-2005, 10:04 PM
baron impossible - In the line art there is many roof but in fact, I intend that a light source results from the roof as a great orbe, I think that there, the roof will have a more important interet

Neozoom - No problemo man:thumbsup:

Pas de problème, tant que la réalisation est différente, y a pas de problème, si une idée ne devait être exploitée qu'une seule fois, l'art serait pauvre

Neozoom
03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
merci mec ;) bonne chance a toi aussi... ;)
j'attend la suite!

eclipson
03-27-2005, 06:31 AM
yo man, gothic stuff, love it

GoodLux!:thumbsup:

Rhenia
03-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Your set up is sooo dynamic...I am pretty sure of the answer but I'll put what im thinking out there anyway: As I look at your sketch I can't help to wonder what type of ceiling you have? It would be cool if it was like glass and you could see the atmosphere outside whatever that might be?? I don't know?? It'd probably be too much.......Great job....cant wait to see you start coloring

MDN67
03-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Rhenia - many thanks for comment, Effectively, I intend to place a souce brilliant as a big orbe in the ceiling. I also thought of placing glass part to leave see a restless sky but I do not still know if I would make it, it will depend on the general atmosphere of the composition

Eclipson - Thank mate:thumbsup:

dogdoy
03-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh!!! ... Nice perspective! Very grand... Cool!

blakbird
03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Your clean sketching explains what to see next clearly that is good. I may only suggest that you could have a spare (or maybe strong possibility) of another concept.

That it is just because I was planning to do a man-weapon relationship in the beginning but I saw that there are many many (many) human-robot and human-machine, etc. relations portrayed as master-servant relations. Quickly I swapped my other concept. You know it. It seems basicly cliched content however there are too many fantasy attempts those makes your (my, their) designs usual.

I made this suggestion just because there are many demon or demonlike (satanic, incubus, succubus stuff..) in the contestants projects.

MDN67
03-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Kuzgunoglu - It is true that there is a lot of concept or seems devils, but when I finally decided to adopt this sketch, there was not still. It's not a problem, in a challenge or there are so many participants, it is difficult to be original, because there is a lot of talent. Some set of the funny and finally a lot one had the same Idea, what makes that after all everything joins but, and it is there that it becomes interessant, with composition differentes, sights, and style diverging graphs, thus, I thinks of staying with my basic idea, even, if, it is true, she is not very original

dogdoy - Thank mate

OrO
03-27-2005, 04:35 PM
brilliant work.what can i say but wow! good luck!

Rhenia
03-27-2005, 05:51 PM
I think whatever you choose will work.....I guess before you decide we have to see your color scheme for the characters and ur lighting......Can't wait to see your decision :)

R-K
03-27-2005, 06:04 PM
sorry, didn't read the whole thread, but the most recent update (lineart) looked nice, good perspective. Be sure to go for full depth and take the advantage of that perspective. Maybe you could get rid of those chicks 'cause everyone's gonna have them.. but it's just my personal taste - don't want to see them everywhere ;)

MDN67
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
oro - thank mate

Rhenia - Thank, I begin only has to make colour test (he yes I have too much no time), thank you for comments

Ranath - Thank for comments but my english is so bad than i dont undestand what is the "chicks"

MDN67
03-27-2005, 09:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111958296_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1111958296_large.jpg)

I made test of colour on characters. This is only a sketch of colour to give me an idea of the render of the light source. I think, that tones blue will be the main colour with a more lively light source resulting from the fire

NOOB!
03-27-2005, 09:21 PM
looks like it will work!!

MDN67
03-28-2005, 06:17 AM
thank mate, i use perhaps this ton

Climax
03-28-2005, 06:34 AM
• Looking good Laurent, The only think I personally feel is that you should look the way of bring your characters out of the image to feel their strenght when u paint the background

R-K
03-28-2005, 08:25 AM
remember to avoid white - though I'm sure you pretty much know it. Keep it up!

Neozoom
03-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Ha!!! You started the coloring^^
very nice to see this :p

some advices... pay attention to the flame and other effects...
In my opignion you should try to paint the scene and the paint additionnal effects like fire... add lights and all this....

and for the guys , make very smoth skins to show well the aspect hard of the skin of the demon's skin....

;) good luck...

and think about colors harmonisation... :)

MDN67
03-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Climax - Thank you, me what indeed includes what you want to say, but I have to make this colorisation that to give me an idea, when I would begin the WIP, I would make it in a set

Ranath - The white will not be used it is only to give me an idea of the direction of the sources of lights, to decide then how to work the background

Neozoom - Thank you, the application of the brilliant reflexion and the effects will be paint only after, but to know how to order the colorisation of the background, I made an attempt to see the render on the characters

Thanks guys for all this constructives comments:thumbsup:

OKMER
03-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi,wow,thats nice your firts lightning researches.The slave climbing up the stairs seems to have a little anatomic problem in the legs.
See you later:thumbsup:

OliveBeard
03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Right off the bat I love the lighting...best of luck to ya!

MDN67
03-28-2005, 03:00 PM
OKMER -Thank you, effectively, there is a llittle problem of perspective on one of the legs, I think of making it tenser to erase this probleme

OliveBeard - Many thanks:thumbsup:

MDN67
03-29-2005, 05:14 AM
sorry goblin i don't see the rest of the compo:rolleyes:

NinjaA55N
03-29-2005, 08:00 AM
looking nice! No crits at the moment. The outline looks really good so im waiting for a whole color scheme :)

sethart
03-29-2005, 08:12 AM
I am loving the camera angele and action.Lighting is tremendous.

ninox
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
The outline are really well done. Good luck on the color work.:)

mack72
03-29-2005, 08:40 AM
I'm glad to see that you're onto the colouring stage now. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next few posts!

MDN67
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
NinjaASSN - Thank mate

sethart - many thanks for comments

ninox - i'm happy, you apprecied my work

mack72 - Many thanks mate

MDN67
03-29-2005, 06:19 PM
thank mate:thumbsup:

Laramus Maximus
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Sweet job on the foreshortening! Looking foward to seeing this one finished....

MDN67
03-30-2005, 05:18 AM
many thanks

MDN67
03-30-2005, 05:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112202158_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112202158_large.jpg)

I do not find the time to work on the challenge but I hope I can finish because this competition is anxious to me to finish I made a painting very fast only to find colors has to use. I did not thus paint a detail, it is really very express, I think of making the stone of the cathedral of color black. a side by stained glasses receiving only not enough light and the other one, many, this for contrast with the luminosity of the flame. To increase the perspective effect, I added a roof glazed on the nave so allowing to create the third source of light in the bottom. Finally as I had said it I am going to add an orbe to the ceiling of red color To add has the demoniaque atmosphere

MDN67
03-30-2005, 06:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112205822_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112205822_large.jpg)

I started to work the details because I think that the choice of the colors is correct, I see during the evolution of work

MDN67
03-31-2005, 07:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112296319_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112296319_large.jpg)

I continue the painting. In the same idea as stone of the cathedral, I have paint one of the statues as if it was made by the same stone

NOOB!
03-31-2005, 07:27 PM
hey lookin good,i just hope u don't lose the detail in ur pencils when colouring.

lynch
04-01-2005, 04:18 AM
hey good luck man hope you finish .

MDN67
04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
NOOB - Thank you, worry aps, my pencil does not forget details

Lynch - Thank mate

Lemog
04-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I like a lot the little statue at left... if all details are like that, I imagine well the level of details... that's will be fantastic... I'm waiting... good continuation :bounce:

MDN67
04-01-2005, 03:45 PM
thank mate:thumbsup:

merci camarade, j'ai l'intention de faire beaucoup de détails, du moins, d'essayer

MDN67
04-02-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112432351_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112432351_large.jpg)

An update, I have remove the layer of the speed painting, so that we see better the details of the sculptured columns

MDN67
04-02-2005, 09:03 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112432603_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112432603_large.jpg)

details of colums

Virtuoso
04-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Nice details...nice coloring.....looking to be coming along very nicely laurent......:thumbsup:

Neozoom
04-02-2005, 09:57 AM
WoW!!!
REALY nice start of coloring^^ love the lights^^
I didn't expect that from you when I saw your first sketches^^

NOOB!
04-02-2005, 10:56 AM
yep looking excellent,this is why i was wondering why u weren't getting many comments on ur earlier wips.

they just don't know ur process!!

i'm still watching!!

tuck
04-02-2005, 11:14 AM
O wow it is a nice detail.will look. forward to seeing your job. good job. :D

am7
04-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Looks promising! I like your clean lines! And your image has excellent depth, makes me feel small when I look at it.

NinjaA55N
04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh yea! VEry nice architecture painting! Im waiting for more :) This one will be grand!

MDN67
04-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Virtuoso - Thank mate

Neozoom - Thank guy, the first coloring sketch was a speed paint for give me an idea of the used color

NOOB - Thank, It is true my manner of working east can be odd for somebody, it is for that many people were disconcerted by my first draft of colour application

Tuck - Thank

am7 - many thank for comments

NinjaASSN - thank mate

MDN67
04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112561449_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112561449_large.jpg)

First walls of the cathedrale is almost finished, even there I removed the copy of the speed paint, so that it is more clear

NOOB!
04-03-2005, 10:05 PM
wow! lookin excellent!

JakubFromOz
04-04-2005, 04:44 AM
nice work on the wallz so far looking good :D love the concept cant wait to see it all come together

MDN67
04-04-2005, 11:14 AM
NOOB - Thank mate

JakubfromOz - many thanks guy

nebezial
04-04-2005, 11:24 AM
serious patience man, excellent work, cant crit for now till i see more, but ill be back mwahahahaha!:thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
04-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi MDN67,
That advances your project very well, even if you uses
copied to stick repetitive subjects, that distorts the prospects,
excuses me I am a purist, go, go for the continuation. :)

MDN67
04-04-2005, 05:19 PM
nebezial - Thank mate

Tranchefeux - yes, I repet some objects, very little in fact, the small portion of column, as well as the statues, the distortion will be more because I owe the rework, but I waited to finish the whole of the wall

cgkrusty
04-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Some great detail here... can't wait to see it all together with your lighting scheme.

Nice work so far!!!

:bounce:

spacesnail
04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Very nice progression from early sketches to coloring wip.
The only critic I could make is about the repeating copies of the columns. I think it's just to set the architecture and you will make some slight changes on the statues ?
Anyhow, it's a majestuous work. I really love the olumns texture.

Keep it up:bounce:

Snail

MDN67
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
cgkrusty - Thank mate

Spacenail - Thank for comment, yes i will rework the statues

MDN67
04-06-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112778273_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112778273_large.jpg)

I finished the wall of left side, I have then to duplicate to have the right side, I exploited contrasts and the luminosity and now I work on the effects of light, this one coming from the right-hand side, here are what that gives on the second window

Guimetz
04-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Just allow me please to try to translate each replies for Laurent, a skillful compatriot, who has to understand what's going on...:)

So...
spacesnail>Très bonne évolution depuis les premiers croquis jusqu'au travail de coloriage.

La seule critique serait à propos de la répétition des copies des colonnes. Je crois que c'est juste pour mettre en place l'architecture et que tu comptes légèrement modifier les statues?

qu'importe, c'est un travail majestueux. J'adore la texture des colonnes.

walrus
04-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Whoa, that's some serios perspective going on there! And you're making good work of it. It's looking nice so far, and will, I'm sure, look stunning with the lighting that you're planning. No crits here, just keep going. Good luck!

-mike

MDN67
04-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Guimetz - Thank for the translation frind

Walrus - than for the comments mate

ogar555
04-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Oooooh, interesting... cool composition, nice architect... stuff... like the gargoyles/demons... congrats to a job well done on the walls sofar! and keep it up! :)

JMcWilliams
04-07-2005, 12:17 AM
This looks nice :D
One thing I would say, is that the stone colour is quite stale... Look at images of churches and the like and there are lots of subtle little colours that make up the whole that give surface interest. MHO :)

I Like the perspective.

MDN67
04-07-2005, 06:54 AM
ogar545 - Thank for the coments

JmcWilliams - Thank, Yes you are right. In fact, these small colours are often the fact of the brilliant reflection, but generally, in eglises the stone is white and sends back much better the light, here, I wanted to give the impression of a dark stone. There should be of the other brilliant reflexion because I intend, at the end of work to put of the fire in the basins located at the top of the statues (if I have time)

Virtuoso
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
That is "perspective".......And very well done execution wise as well......nice scene.dramatic and alive.......Really doing a very nice job here laurent......:arteest:

Lemog
04-07-2005, 10:00 AM
that's run normally, slowly but surely... un vrai travail de romain çà... impressionant quand même... une patience d'ange comme on dit... good courage for continuation Laurent :scream:

Morgy
04-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Have you thought about second light source? Something like huge chandelier with candles? It'll make great shadows.:)

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 10:26 AM
great gothic architecture, add more light..it is gothic..large windows. are you gonna play around with some coloured stained glass..that would look awsome! keep up!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MDN67
04-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Virtuoso - Thank mate

Lemog - Thank for comments, oui c'est trés long faut être patient

Morgy - Yes after this i paint fire on a socle and if i had the time on the vasque

Calisto - Thank for comments

AirbORn
04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Great work colouring the walls. They have a nice texture to them so far. I am interested to see what everything else will look like :)

MDN67
04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112887033_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1112887033_large.jpg)

I finished the lighting effects on the right wall, I begin has to realize the ceiling by beginning with a huge orbe

LadyMedusa
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
It has come pretty nice :)
And I agree whit airbORn, It will be intresting to see how the rest comes out.

Guimetz
04-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Just allow me please to try to translate each replies for Laurent, a skillful compatriot, who has to understand what's going on...:)

So...
calisto> Grande architecture gothique, augmente la lumière...As-tu l'intention d'y poser du vitrail coloré? Ce serait impressionant!...

airbORn> Grand travail de coloriage des murs. Ils sont également bien texturés. Ce serait interessant de voir à quoi le reste va ressembler

MDN67
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Airborn - Thanks for comments, i hope the rest will be homogene

Lady Medusa - Thank for comments

Guimetz - Merci pour la traduction camarade, t'es un chef:thumbsup:

element5
04-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Very impressive structuren will be interesting to see more :)

JakubFromOz
04-09-2005, 12:33 PM
the work uve done on the architecture is nice man, i can see this going to be an impressive peice when finished cant wait for more very interested in how u will paint the demon :D

MDN67
04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Element5 - Thank mate

JakubFromOz- Thank for comments

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
its looking excellent.

love the orb.

MDN67
04-10-2005, 07:10 AM
Many thanks NOOB, i paint the demon after the background, i hope have the time for this

JakubFromOz
04-10-2005, 07:39 AM
would der be a reson why i cant submit a coloring wip pic man?

MDN67
04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
I don't know, but perhaps your pic is too big, max 150 kb

Squibbit
04-10-2005, 11:48 AM
good work on the walls and statues... you painting it all stone by stone ?

MDN67
04-10-2005, 12:15 PM
thank, yes stone by stone but only for the left wall, the right is a duplication with add light effets stone by stone

MDN67
04-10-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113131830_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113131830_large.jpg)

it's the detail of the orb od the demons statues support it

Falcorr
04-10-2005, 12:25 PM
oh man.. Looks like there is sooo much still to do with this.
Im glad i dont have to finish this one.

Architecture looks cool :thumbsup: Keep at it.

MDN67
04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Thank for your comments falcor

Neozoom
04-10-2005, 04:51 PM
woa! you've made great progress since last contest man :)
can't wait to see the final piece...

The only advice I can give you is to pay attention to the general style of the piece...
if you make like you've done it as this time , each parts detailled one by one...
each part will be great but the general appearrence could be desequilibrated...

try to make the general first shot then refine all... and re refine ... etc...

anyway nice work man :)

Aethyrprime
04-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Very cool work so far Laurent... o my, two Laurents.. you and Lemog.. hehe Keep at it..

Virtuoso
04-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Very effective orb.... looks like a deep sky of clouds in the center .......Coming along real nice Laurent.....Keep it going strong....:arteest:

MDN67
04-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Neozoom - Thank you for comments, I know that my way to work is little common, but I have no base of study of drawing and I have devellop this working type. I know that all the artists works as you say, a base more and more detailled so that the set is homogene, I have tried to work as it, But ca is not convenient for me, then continues has my way. I have a very precise idea of what I want to make and I succeed has to make homogene the set , even there detail piece by piece

Alaric - Thank for comments mate

Virtuoso - Thank guy i'm glad you appreciate my work

wireFrame
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi Laurent! You have a very amazing piece in progress! I agree with your style 'coz we have the same working style piece by piece!

Well, technically it is but overall, you have the idea in your head--you have a clear picture of what the final art looks like.

People have different approaches in their digital art. The most common and tested is the roughing everything out in pencil and colors then working on the details. Yours will work (imo) and since we're working on the digital medium, it's very easy to adjust later on to make verything seamless. :thumbsup:

Guimetz
04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Ur welcome Laurent! :thumbsup:

Just allow me please to try to translate each replies for Laurent, a skillful compatriot, who has to understand what's going on...

So...

Falcor> Il semble qu'il y ai encore beaucoup de travail à boucler dans ton cas.

Je suis content de ne pas avoir à boucler celui-ci.

L'architecture est cool. Continue

wireFrame> Ta pièce en évolution est impressionnante. J'aprouve ton style car nous procédons de la même façon pièce par pièce!

En tout cas c'est techniquement le cas, mais par dessus tout tu sais où tu vas. Tu as une idée précise de ce que l'image finale sera.
Chaqu'un a une approche différente dans son art digital. La plus communément admise et expérimentée consiste à tout expérimenter aux crayons de couleur, puis à travailler les détails. Ta technique va fonctionner, et puisque nous travaillons tous dans le milieu numérique, c'est très facile de réajuster par la suite ou de tout décomposer.

nebezial
04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
add damages to the stones cuz it will look built 5 minutes ago, still great work:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I LOVE THE ORB, and the way he sprouts the purpleish light around. im quite impressed!it looks great. KEEP UP!! i'd like to see more of that!!:surprised

Guimetz
04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Just allow me please to try to translate each replies for Laurent, a skillful compatriot, who has to understand what's going on...

So...

nebezial> Détériore un peu tes pierres parce qu'on dirait qu'elles ont 5 minutes d'âge,toujours du grand travail

spacesnail
04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi Laurent,

Nice work on lighting - Chouette boulot pour l'éclairage:thumbsup:
Waiting to see the orb integrated in the whole picture - J'attends de voir l'orbe intégrée dans l'ensemble de l'image-

Translation provided by INSTANT BRAIN SPACE CONVERTER c

MDN67
04-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Wireframe - Thank you, yes, the technic piece by piece is can be not very academic but we can all the same succed the compo

Guimetz - merci pour la traduction, si je comprend l'ensemble, j'avoue avoir du mal sur certaines expressions

Nebezial - You are right, but resume every stone to age them would set too much time , I even am not on to end the compo

calisto - Thak for comments

Spacesnail - Thank for the compliments, in fact I have integrate the orbe, although I work part by part , I intégrate in layers existing while painting, the orbe is alone on the image for the detail, but it is painted with the rest, I am finish the ceiling and I would post has the exit
Merci pour les compliments, en fait j'ai intégré l'orbe, bien que je travaille partie par partie, j'intégre aux calques existant tout en peignant, l'orbe est seule sur l'image pour le détail, mais elle est peinte avec le reste, je suis en train de finir le plafond et je posterais a l'issue

nebezial
04-12-2005, 11:24 AM
after looking more into ur brushwork i realised something, u r not using all the brushes , i recomend nature brushes and special fx brushes for fat and 9impressive texturework, it is but a right click away, right click opens the brushes menu and that little arrow on the right corner opens a barrel of fun, enjoy:thumbsup:

MDN67
04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes you are right, I do not use brushes other one than the normal, but it is a choice, I try to paint as if I had only rells paintbrushes which do not allow effects, as I do not use moreover, no effect of layers

MDN67
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113389379_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113389379_large.jpg)

I finished and integrated the ceiling, I added the orb and sculpture to make more " gothic "

NOOB!
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
wow excellent!!!

i cant wait to see when u start on the master!

Neozoom
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
It is upcoming really well man !!

I like :)

you've made incredible progress since last contest :)

MDN67
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
NOOB - Thank mate

Neozoom - Many thank for comments

Gamoron
04-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Thats coming along real nicely man. Good work. Reminds me of Doom.
:beer:

spacesnail
04-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Salut Laurent

ça fonctionne super bien ! Est-ce que tu vas travailler les vitraux de la même manière ?
It works really good ! Will you work on the stainglasses the same way ?

MDN67
04-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Gamoron - Thank for comments mate

Spacenail - Thank you, I do not still know if I am going to make colored stained glasses or normal windows, the problem which settles it is that I would maybe have no time of it, I hope I can finish the compo in time

Merci, je ne sais pas encore si je vais faire des vitraux colorés ou des fenêtres normales, le problème qui se pose c'est que je n'en aurais peut-être pas le temps, j'espère deja pouvoir finir la compo à temps

Neozoom
04-14-2005, 02:27 PM
MDN if you try to paint as if you had a real paintbrush with only THE simple brush without effetc... it is hounourable and In my taste , great choice... BUT you're on the wrong way man!!

USE PAINTER!!! it is really better if you want to paint as if it is real..
there is auto mixed colors on canvas... real paintbrushes... and a great feeling :)

test it man , the 9 or 7 versus not the 8 (very bad for the bleeding...)
When I started working on painter I made a such great step forward than I 'll never return working photoshop ;)

this is just my consel...

It is not to late to re take back your picture and finish it with painter... PSD are compatible.

;)

MDN67
04-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Thank you for your advice neozoom, I begin hardly with painter version 9, but me not mastery not still the software correctly to use him in this compo. It had been quite a lot of time since I looked towards this software, but tuto is rare on the net, I discover it thus I even, and I think that effectively, It will be advisable better for what I want to make

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
this looks great! cant wait to see more!!:applause:

MDN67
04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
thank mate

Guimetz
04-15-2005, 11:00 AM

So...

Neozoom> Si tu essaies de peindre comme si tu avais un vrai pinceau avec seulement les brosses simples sans les effets, c'est honorable et à mon sens un grand choix...MAIS tu es sur la mauvaise voie mec!!

utilise PAINTER!!! c'est vraiment mieux si tu veux peindre réaliste. Il y a des couleur qui se mélangent automatiquement sur la toile...de vrais pinceaux...et une grande sensation

Essaie le mec, les versions 9 ou 7, pas la 8 (mauvaise pour reproduire le saignement...).
Quand j'ai commencé à travailler sur Painter j'ai fait un tel pas en avant, que je ne retournerai jamais bosser sur Photoshop
Il peut être encore temps de t'arrêter là sur photoshop et de reprendre ton travail sur Painter...Les PSD sont compatibles.

Tranchefeux
04-15-2005, 12:29 PM
hello, your project with really quite advanced, adds some nuances in the stone.

:thumbsup:

MDN67
04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113568798_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113568798_large.jpg)

I finished the back of the cathedrale, it misses beam of light which pass through the window of the roof, I would make him during the finish

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Excellent man!!
I love the effect and the realism of lights :)
can't wait to se monster...

**ONLY for MDN67**
hey mec : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=184465

voila mon niveau sous painter :)
j'ais aps de tutos dsl car painter c tt dans la peinture ya que deux outils utile apres c du feeling....
Sinon chapeau c symaps ton idee... j'avais envie de faire pareil moi aussi au debut on voi que tu as bien etudié les cathedrales :)
mais finalement j'ais choisie une autre idee :)
c pour ca..

See ya man :)

MDN67
04-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Thank mate, i see your work, very good pic, and good utilisation of painter

fooxoo
04-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Neat architecture! Thumbs up!

MDN67
04-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Thank for comments

Virtuoso
04-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Yes you keep coming Laurent......looking nicer and nicer always....:thumbsup:

MDN67
04-16-2005, 09:21 AM
thank for comments mate

MDN67
04-16-2005, 09:26 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113640012_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1113640012_large.jpg)

The cathedral is almost finished, stained glasses are missing but I have not decided yet how I am going to make them. I added a sketch of the sky for give me an idea, I think that should be this one satisfactory, very sinks with an intense light source. Coments are welcome to give your idea onto the sky

Neozoom
04-16-2005, 11:05 AM
great man! But I want to see the windows back... it could make some lights effects ...

anyway great ground...

Vectorius
04-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Great perspective....The background look good..however, I don't see "Servant" in your picture....The devil is apparently the master...but who is the servant?Maybe it's me...i don't understand what you want to tell..:)

You should maybe durst the background..he's look too perfect

GOOD LUCK

LadyMedusa
04-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Looks like its coming out pretty well :)

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 07:35 PM
WOW! this looks great! wonderfull.no words!:bounce:

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 07:43 PM
yep,still looking excellent!

Morgy
04-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Looks great! The atmosphere reminds me of one of my favorite games-"Ecstatica". The red light source on the attic is very weak. It could add lots of beautiful "kicks" on the edges of this rich architecture. :bounce:

beelow
04-16-2005, 09:20 PM
This is looking pretty good. I have no crits as of now. Good hustle.:thumbsup:

ms@zx
04-17-2005, 06:49 AM
great piece!i can never do someting that slick especially when it comes to architectures stuff.keep it going mate~!:)

Freiyer
04-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Bonne chance à toi bien que tu n'ai pas l'air d'en avoir tellement besoin ;)

Guimetz
04-17-2005, 06:43 PM

So...

Morgy> C'est grand! L'atmosphère me rappelle l'un de mes jeux préférés-"Ecstatica". La source de lumière rouge au plafond est très faible. Elle pourrait rajouter tout un tas de belles éruptions de chaque côtés de cette belle architecture.

And for others...

Freiyer> Good luck although you don't seem to need it at all.

calisto-lynn
04-20-2005, 12:34 PM
... im speechless! ...................the chapell in the back looks darn great!!!:love:

spacesnail
04-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Une ch'tite mise à jour ? Mmmmmh ?:deal:

MDN67
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Neozoom - Thank mate, There is nothing on windows because the sky was made only to give me an idea

Fiolka Alexandre - Thank, yes the devil is the master, if you look at the first ones post you will see servants in the line art, at the moment, they is not painted

Lady Medusa - Many thanks for comments

Calisto - thank for comments

NOOB - thank mate

Morgy - Thank, yes, the lightof the orbe could be stronger, I would work again it can be, if I have the time

Beelow, thank for comments

ms@zx - Thank guy

Freiyer - Merci mon gars, mais de la chance, si si, j'en ai besoin

Guimetz - Merci camarade pour tes excellentes traductions

Spacesnail - Je vais en faire, mais j'étais partie depuis une semaine et je n'ai pas pu travailler dessus

Guimetz
04-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Laurent replied to Freiyer> thanks guy, but i think i need chance sometimes

...to Spacesnail >I'm planing to post some, but i had been gone during a week so i could'nt keep it up

BlueEyeLizard
04-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Look at all that perspective! Looking Good! Can’t wait to see more! It would be nice to see more texture on the closest steps

MDN67
04-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Thank, I would work more the textures of the ground during the finish when the characters will be painted

MDN67
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114275860_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114275860_large.jpg)

I began has to paint the master, I chose a red color, it is perhaps common because I find that she follows well the color of the background. Only the lighting effects of the window was painted, when the flame will be painted, I would retouch has this moment there

CoreyArtE
04-23-2005, 06:07 PM
oh wow , this is turning out pretty nice! I love the background! How do you get such great textures?

Neozoom
04-23-2005, 06:17 PM
WOW! really nice colouring job on the demon!
You've made really GREAT PROGRESS from the last contest man ^^

greezz!
Where are the windows? ^^

Lemog
04-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Incredible work... I imagine you're an angel of patience... bravo... :applause:

ace4016
04-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Wow, looking good. I like the whole dark sky. Keep it up:bounce: .

calisto-lynn
04-24-2005, 10:12 AM
great work man! i love ur sense for shadows, and lighting!:)

MDN67
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
CoreyArtE - Neozoom - Lemog - ace4016 - Calisto

Thanks for your comments mates

MDN67
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114361729_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114361729_large.jpg)

i continue to paint the master and his chair

BlacKeri
04-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Lookin' really nice! Very dramatic lightning, it makes the picture stand out. I have to say the perspective adds a whole new quality to the piece too!

MDN67
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Thank for your comments:)

ilusiondigital
04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
What can i say? Welcome to the dark kingdom. Good work

xric7
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
great work:bounce:
comp & perspective very nice
make me feel like i'm kneein down there.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677)

MDN67
04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
ilusiondigital - thank for comments

xric7 - many thanks for your goods comments

MDN67
04-25-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114462507_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114462507_large.jpg)

i finished the master and his chair, i added some shadows at the polish with an other light source

Rhenia
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Very nice :applause:

MDN67
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
thank for comments

gulliver3
04-27-2005, 01:55 AM
very nice job!:thumbsup:

MDN67
04-27-2005, 12:00 PM
thank for comments

LadyMedusa
04-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Wow, looking nice now :)
Seems like the coloring helped on the fluffy legs after all :)

Tranchefeux
04-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi, good advanced on your painting, to perhaps enrich the colors a
little monochromic, go, go for the continuation. :thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
thats looking really fantastic!!

MDN67
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Lady Medusa - Thank for comments

Tranchefeux - Thank, after the end of the paint of the characters i added a new light source (fire), the reflexion of this light added some other colors

NOOB - Many thank for support

MDN67
04-27-2005, 08:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114629738_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114629738_large.jpg)

i begin one of the servant

jugeras
04-28-2005, 04:30 AM
just abit on the left chest of the demon. muscle should twist upwards going to shoulder. a bit of cracks and imperfections on the stones might be good.

overall great work. :applause: :bounce:

MDN67
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
Thank you for comments, effectively, I shall have to work again the pectoral muscle of the demon so that he follows the movement of the arm, concerning stones, I do not think of retouching there because it would take me too much of temp

calisto-lynn
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
oh jeah! it looks great!:thumbsup:

Aradiael
04-28-2005, 04:32 PM
first time I see how is going on your entry (damn, not enough time for everything:banghead: )
I saw the work you did on the walls and I must say is admirable.
good work on the demon lighting:thumbsup: , that on the kneeled figure looks somehow wrong to me, but I imagine you will work more on it... :)

Lemog
04-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Boudiou... you run hard Laurent... As a spectator... I'm watching... Impressive :bowdown:

MDN67
04-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Calisto - Thank for comments

Aradiael - Thank you, the character still is not to end, I think that the absence of foot can give an impression of bad position

LEMOG - Thank you companion

MDN67
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114793901_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114793901_large.jpg)

the first servant is finish, the shadows will be paint after the second light source. Close up of the character

ThierryS
04-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Woauh, what a perspective! Very impressive and good use of different technics. Cool composition too.

Congrats Laurent! Maybe part of the devil's foot/fingers on the right could be visible too.
Will be back soon.

calisto-lynn
04-29-2005, 09:14 PM
sick details!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Art2
04-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Good job on the architecture, dramatic perspective and muscles.

Keep going!

David01
04-30-2005, 08:11 AM
ah desoler desoler j ai poster dans un chllange terminer on refait le mache alors

La Francophonie existe bel et bine toujours et tu as le soutien de l'un de ses memebre

i find that the perspective angel was find well it matche the picture in great way ! that is not often the case always as many many 2d painters makes a lot of change in progressions like me .) fore exmple and many others but you, you follow exactly the same idea as in beggining

MDN67
04-30-2005, 01:03 PM
thierry2005 - Thank for comment guy

calisto - i'm glade you appreciate the detail

Art2 - Thank for comments mate

David01- Merci pour les commentaires sur mon travail, cela fait du bien, et concernant les francophone, il y en a pas mal dans le challenge, c'est une bonne chose, le design a la française plait bien

MDN67
04-30-2005, 01:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114862960_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114862960_large.jpg)

I began has to paint succubus, the lighting effects are not returned yet. I would add vetements after as well as hair, ........black or red, .......your opinion ?

Samuraikuroi
04-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Bonjour et bon apres-midi Laurent. The detail in this piece is mind stopping! Fantastic work. Love the coloring and the concept.

Master & servant (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226306&page=1&pp=15)

MDN67
04-30-2005, 06:27 PM
thank for your comments, you have a very good french:thumbsup:

MDN67
05-01-2005, 01:48 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114951722_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114951722_large.jpg)

i finished the succubus

MDN67
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114952131_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/5781/5781_1114952131_large.jpg)

details of the succubus

Guimetz
05-01-2005, 06:47 PM

So...
Aradiael> ...J'ai vu le travail que tu as fourni pour les murs et je dois dire qu'il est admirable.
Bon travail pour l'éclairage du Démon. Par contre pour la figure agenouillée ça semble d'une façon ou d'une autre faux à mon sens, mais j'imagine que tu vas paufiner ça...

Thierry2005>...Félicitations Laurent! Peut être qu'une partie des orteils du pied gauche du démon pourrait être également visible...

MDN67
05-02-2005, 06:19 AM
thnk for the translate guimetz:thumbsup:

Guimetz
05-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Ur welcome Laurent!:)

Lemog
05-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Precious close up Laurent... j'ai maintenant l'impression de pouvoir la toucher... :thumbsup:

MDN67
05-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank for comments mate

NOOB!
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
looks extremly great man!!

crit,how about saturating the colours on the people a bit and make them a bit cooler? because right now i feel the reds and greens u have used on the master and the dress don't interact well with the background.

still a great image,its up to u!

MDN67
05-03-2005, 12:14 PM
thank NOOB, ok, i hear your crit and i make some try for desaturate this two characters, thank for this crit:thumbsup: