PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on film distribution

nildoe
03-22-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi guys...

My Studio is currently developing a CG film, that i cannot get into details about it right now...NDA and all...

We would like to know...normally how does a film gets to the big screen? what are the steps that we have to take from production to delivery?

we normally work with Adverts..so this would our 1st time doing something like this...

sorry for the rough english...:)

Nil

Corbae
03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Nildoe,

You might want to try picking up:
Guide to Postproduction for TV and Film: Managing the Process

By Barbara Clark. This book will take you through all the ins and outs of postproduction. It goes over everything from film and audio to planning and distribution. The big thing it will hit with distribution is finished formats as well as a list of the different items you will need to prepare for the different international markets you may be selling in. The book is about $37 on Amazon.

nildoe
03-24-2005, 10:11 AM
thx alot corbae....

will check on the book!

there's also filmfestivals.com seems to be a goodd place to start

Nil

MIN_ELLIOT
03-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Distribution of a movie is a whole new ball game after Post; it depends on what type of distribution you want, straight to DVD or Theatrical release, TVů ETC. After you decide which route your going to take its all a matter of research networking building an interest in your product and then trying to get the attention of decision makers the film festivals are a good route to take a lot of distributors are there looking for new products to buy

nildoe
03-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Yes I c what you mean...

thx alot for replying Elliot!

nil

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 05:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.