PDA

View Full Version : after effects wont finish the job

deivys20
03-22-2005, 02:16 AM
hi guys. I have this problem. Everytime I try to create a movie in after effects it never finish. It gets to a certain point and then stops. I have tried to create the movie by putting the starting frame where it stops thinking it might continue but it just gives me a fail warning. Also, I tried to save the ram preview and save frame as but no luck. It just wont pass beyond that point no matter what I do. I have checked the frames around that area but they seem to be ok. I also looked at the log file but it didnt show anything out of the ordinary. Do u guys might have an idea of why this is happening. thanks.

Khalor
03-22-2005, 03:36 AM
If you're getting an overflow warning, I'm not entirely sure why it happens for long clips, but you can get around it by importing your clip or raw footage into Premier, Windows Movie Maker, or something similar, and split it up, then import as 2 seperate files.

artisanfx
03-22-2005, 08:22 AM
this problem can be anythink like : maybe corrup "footage" file seq or maybe if you use some plugin that was animated in some option or your just running out of space

what footage you get from ? is it 3d render from maya or max or another 3d appz or is it a live camera shoot ?
do you using any effect ?

please tell more

deivys20
03-22-2005, 11:22 AM
is just tiff sequences from maya. I have many layers of different object with some masking done to them. and I have check the layers in that area and nothing is wrong with them. Also, none of them start in that frame. Also the only plugin I use was the super tiff since my version of fx didnt support certain types of tiffs. But I dont think that could be problem because it would have given me the error since the beginning. Also how can i check the overflow warning. I have an ambient oclussion pass that its about 8000 frames inside my project. Maybe i need to split that in two.
I will try that and see what happens. thanks guys.

Spiffjackson
03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
why not try re rendering that section from maya. since it is a sequence you should just be able to start from the frame that is giving you a problem. see if it works. if not, just change the extension to a .tga, or a .iff. then composite the 2 different animations together in AE.

Voitek
03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, targas are much better. There was a problem with tiffs in some version of ae, i don't remember if it was 5.5 or 5.0. Are you using proxies? Are you rendering it in local net?

cheers
voitek

deivys20
03-22-2005, 08:48 PM
i will double check the frames on that area. The thing is that I have like 7 layers on that part. I am rendering in layers. I will have to find out which of all of them is giving me the problem. I think is the ambient occlusion since it was the only one giving me a hard time with the tiff and after fx. Yeah, I am using version 5.5 and It doesnt handle tiffs very well. What are proxies? I not using it but will like to know what does it do. Last, I am rendering using my machine. I will keep posted. Thanks everyone.

deivys20
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
ok. i fix it. I was a frame that was giving me a problem. the frame wasnt on one of the most important layers so i didnt notice. Anyways, thank guys.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.