PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Alexander Hedstrom

Pages : 1 2 [3]

makaron
04-19-2005, 11:45 PM
hope that you have the energy to color it all... :bounce:

tiburonsita
04-20-2005, 03:28 AM
Love the lighting in your latest post. Looking great!

Lemog
04-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Little update but nice... we're patient... we watch your art, your progress and that's really good Alex... :thumbsup:

Maxko
04-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Brilliant work my friend :), you don't like texturing, isn't it ? :)

aliasali
04-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Ok,Alex! im waiting to see the texturing milestone!
will discuss it later....

alexfalchi
04-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Fantastic work, fantastic work:bounce: nice Alex niceee!!:thumbsup:

shtl
04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Hello Alex!
you know it!
modeling can be so exiting since you see the volumes coming out straigh from your head and taking nice forms.... touch of god in a way... plus with your haptic arm it must be ssssoooo funny to work with; and since the untextured version of your work is allready gigantik!
But I can't stop thinking of your fairy tale, colors added so much to it!
So take courage and :buttrock:

C Ya :thumbsup:

markovicd
04-20-2005, 11:48 AM
alex great work so far... really master piec is going to be (yoda ) :D

TheFirstAngel
04-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Looks like... painted. Alex, your work is over and over again just beautifull and so great to watch. Just keep on it, the result is awesome, like it or not, go through it and keep on rocking, cuz what you do is pure eyecandy!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wildekyote
04-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Looks perfect :thumbsup: Can't wait to see the rest.

Atwooki
04-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Getting better and better, Alex :thumbsup: Really enjoying this piece of yours, especially the modelling and composition :)

Chris

Nexusphreez
04-20-2005, 06:55 PM
This is absolutely beautiful artwork and has an eligance that i have never seen before. With increadible detail. But if i had to critique one thing about it, it would be, how does this portray the master servant relationship. I might just be blind, but it just isnt obvious to me i guess. Im just saying though. Other than that, it makes me feel like my work is crap. =) have fun and good luck.

rattlesnake
04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
:buttrock::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...(not a very helpful reply i know...but this just rock!)

Kanga
04-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Looks like the big guy is getting ready to swat one of those little fellas!
Beautifull figures.
Would a lower camera angle increase the grandure of the piece?

fellah
04-20-2005, 11:36 PM
hehehe mad.... you're really pushing these cahracters to life quickly. if you had the same motivation for texturing as you have for modeling you would be set.

Micro26
04-21-2005, 12:12 AM
awesome comp this is gonna be,:thumbsup: i agree with the angle but maybe u wanted this.
great imagination and set up.Keep those beautiful updates comin.:bounce:

alex.h.
04-21-2005, 02:40 AM
thanks for all great suport, i try to finish texturing, but later, i got so mutch going on at work now,so not to mutch time over for outher stuff, i played around whith camera angle alitle,
but going to keep the first one (i think). here is another one,the canvas texture is not going to be on later. thanks again and :thumbsup:
http://alexsculpt.0catch.com/woodlings/all-comp-07.jpg

Maxko
04-21-2005, 06:17 AM
That's better Alex, absolutely better. Play with camera FOV :)

vampeta
04-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Your work is great! Realy nice composition!
Just curious how it will look with textures. :)

Nice to see the progress of a new growing masterpiece... don´t stop ;)
Keep on rocking :buttrock:
Alex

grf
04-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Nice overall composition! Fairy's are great! I like that minotaur a lot! (it is a minotaur, right?).... Interesting stuff. Keep it coming! :thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-21-2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114065407_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114065407_large.jpg)

another composition test,
dont now with i prefer ? new or old.

eddieellis
04-21-2005, 07:39 AM
new dude... deffinately new :eek: :thumbsup:

Maxko
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
absolutely better is new... as I wrote :)

monsitj
04-21-2005, 07:55 AM
yes, the new composition is better! it's give more dramatic feel, but I think now your image is seperate in to 2 part by line cross from topleft to bottom right, it's nice if you put some littel element in black area and left the black space it charactor area ,

3dRaven
04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm all for the new composition. The characters are more up close. and it has a better flow.

alexfalchi
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Fantastic work Alex...I really like the atmosphere mate!!:thumbsup:

ace4016
04-21-2005, 10:11 AM
The closer view looks much better, it really focuses the characters.

aliasali
04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
wow! this new lighting,seems so good! now its gonna be alive!:D:thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-21-2005, 01:09 PM
thanks mates, i gone play whith the comp alittle more this evening after work and send you update. see you and i am greatful for suport and advise :thumbsup:

rizob
04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
nice man....there are good things about both compositions...the lighting is most defenetely stronger in this latest version....that was my comment before...each figure had a spot light on it. over all mostly due to the lighting this latest update is working more for me...i would try lighting up the other comp with thestyle of this one....im just waking up so ill come up with a stionger statement later..otherwise one of the better entrees so far
keep goin
robb

ISurg
04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
In my opinion, the first composition looked better, The swinging fairy kid looks better at second comp., but rope in the hand looks like the rope is in the wrist of monster, characters stand in front of each other so, there can't be seen all scene.

In my opinin you should try to get a middle composition between this and the older.

tilite
04-22-2005, 01:12 AM
ok i dont want to repeat anything anyone else has said but ive been away for a few days and dont know what ppl have posted... (and all those post just seem like to much work at just this moment lol)well im sure the composition has raised and im sure ppl like it... as i do, just i have an issue with the front two characters... they seem to block the sceen too much and now a greater sense of huearchy is placed apon them. my origional thought was u wanted to keep all the characters equal in terms of hiearchy.... but it don think that to important. the new compo is great and the camera angle seems to love the cot and sitting women/fairy/thing:shrug:

i think if u play round with the position of the characters this compo will be excelent.

all the best

Neeno
04-22-2005, 03:43 AM
i go new...

Kanga
04-22-2005, 03:56 AM
Your latest composition looks more dramatic to me.
I like it.
But thats my taste :thumbsup:

Dmagic-Alex
04-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Looks very cool man!!
keep goin

Lemog
04-22-2005, 05:25 AM
The second compo for sure... the first is cool too, but the problem is the picture size that we can visualize on our screen... result details very small and see a bit far... more close permiet better vizualistion and also, is more impressive, more sensitive... definitively #2 :)
Good job Alex :thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-22-2005, 07:28 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114151320_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114151320_large.jpg)

4 diffrent comp, i do like close up,but so mutch of the composition disepeard, but instead you got a more dynamic pic,?

DaddyMack
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Eeny meeny miney..They're all great man, I'm kinda partial to the dynamic nature and feel of 4, maybe you could get more of the comp (woodlings etc) in if you tilt the camera up just a little more? I'm in over way my head here..sorry if is no help...Good luck Alex:thumbsup:

Firestorms
04-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Woooowww ! :applause:

Neeno
04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
ok alex having about a 10 min look at this ... i think its either 2 or 3... reason i chose 2 most of the elements are still in the scene and has a better shade of lighting..
but then again 3 really caught my eye.. the shading looks more varied in the light source creating a more dynamic and powerful feel to the scene.. and its ok if its closer it actually shos the master servant relationship more .. because really the main characters are right there in the close up.. maybe you could move the other flying element characters a little closer so your work isnt going to waste.. other then that man i dont know what to say its a hard decision since they are all good..!! ... the render is so captivating after looking at it for a while i appreciate it much more and 3 just really does it.. :thumbsup:

ace4016
04-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Hm, tough decision. I think the bottom ones would work, i just don't know which one.

tilite
04-22-2005, 09:41 AM
tought decision... if i had to pick it would be one of the bottom ones for sure.... probably the one on the right... it is a hard decision but maybe the right compo isr there yet

BlackDidThis
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
I think 4 looks the better. Which is a real pitty, because 3 shows wonderful details from the big guy.
I personally would like to see 3. But 4 definately looks better.

Black

authentic
04-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Cool I'm not the only one with composition problem...

I prefer the one on the right up corner for the disposition but a close up on the crouch people would be better. In fact i prefer when the people are closer to us but in your 2 test nearer, what I dislike is that the personn in the foreground are no more on the right side of the beast. If you can have a closeup without this people just on the beast but at his right it would be cool I think

Anyway, always like your job.

Adriano-Zanetti
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Fantastic composition man, lighting seems to take a very good way too, very nice!

pe@ce

overcontrast
04-22-2005, 11:42 AM
i like composition #3 because of its dinamic camera angle and also it gives a good view to the idea of master and servant theme, also i like its lighting, so i vote for #3 :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04-22-2005, 12:05 PM
nice Alex nice....I really like number 4....I see very nice atmophere, but just my opinion friend:)

nice work:thumbsup:

ISurg
04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I think about left side, personaly, i like first comp. the most, but the third looks good too.

smaddl
04-22-2005, 12:31 PM
what a terrific piece!! they are all great but i love mostly no' 4 .

DimitrisLiatsos
04-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Ditto....4 ...:bounce: :thumbsup:

fensterer
04-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow! This is looking awesome! I like the dramatic lighting and the big beasty guy! Very cool!:buttrock:

Matt-Bortolino
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Great work! I think I'll confuse you even more & suggest the one at the bottom left (the greenest one), which I like because it's not as rigidly diagonal as the others (too much empty space in the top right half of the other ones) & tonally it's spot on (except maybe centralize the light on the servant more, or have a rimlight like it's being cast from the standing figure).

It'd be good to raise the cam angle on #3 so the beast's fist doesn't look like it's going to clock ms. wings in the head & also so you'd get to see more of those lovely roots.

Tremoside
04-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I think the bottom right is the best one. For me the top right corner is a bit empty, but it couldbe useful if you will convert it to a magazine cover (am sure you will). You now they like some free spaces on the image... No crits, this one is truly excellent! :thumsup:

theuni
04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi Alex,

you leave me back with an open mouth, man. Your image will be beautiful :thumbsup: Istill like the upper left one of your comps.

safe05
04-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Top notch stuff, Alex! I personally like the original comp (top left). It clearly shows the various elements and their relationship. It also keeps my eye circling over the image due to the smaller details in the background. The close-up comps, while more dynamic, seem a little crowded to me which makes those beautiful characters a little harder to define.

Really nice work, Alex. :)

alex.h.
04-23-2005, 07:45 AM
thanks allllllllooooottttttt mates, i dont now what comp to go for yet.
Me and a friend was sitting down and talkt about woodlings and i let him right the words,
and as you all now (i sucks in righting).
this is what we came up whith.(scaned paper, for me it would take 3 hours to right this)
see you later and mega mega thanks to all of you
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
http://alexsculpt.0catch.com/woodlings/wood-text-01.jpg

mecman
04-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Nice Alex! all are great, but I like the top right the most....The bottom right is great too, but as you said, you lose some important details...I agree with safe05....he said everything! haha
Great work mate! good luck on your choose!

neo_sk8rider
04-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey mate Alex, What can I say? It´s getting better and better.. Nice work here... :buttrock: .. Keep it up man :bounce: !!!

Cya,

Neo.

makaron
04-23-2005, 09:01 AM
wow, what a great written story :bounce: and about the image, impossible to say the one i like most. I still is in for number 1, but a combo between 3 and 4 would be good too. It´s a shame that in number 3 and 4 the grounding gets lost, at the nanny and the beast. but they have a dominant look too them, suitable to tis master/servanttheme...
BTW no idea that your mosquitos was so mean... feeding on the baby´s cries... scary :eek:

BlackDidThis
04-23-2005, 11:53 PM
As I look at them again.. I still stand to my words.. 4 is the best of views, but also the killer of all your hard work.

I don't know, I usually go for making a shot cam.. and then set my elements into a composition accordingly. At times I even MODEL accordingly to save some time and work.
But as I remember correctly. You had emmence details on 360 degree's of the characters right?
Would it be too impossible to move your elements around in order to get a more discriptive result in a finer camera angle?

Black

tilite
04-24-2005, 06:41 AM
ahhh fantastic lil story... i really hope u can execute the scarlet babies mesmorised expression and the small area as i think it would be brilliant

:applause:

shtl
04-24-2005, 01:47 PM
well everything as been said about your possible choice between first (closest to your naration) and fourth (strongest comp)...
We Know you'll find the right way to dig it up so it's gonna be one more astounding update :bounce:
keep it up and :thumbup:

alexfalchi
04-24-2005, 03:14 PM
ho nice work Alex..nice story:applause:

RealCapri
04-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Nice progress, this rocks...:applause: There's so many details goin on... Personally I'll prefer your bottom right image, I like the depth of it over the rest; which seems flatter. Wonder how it'll look textured.

Atwooki
04-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi Alex
Originally quoted by authentic:
Cool I'm not the only one with composition problem...
Hmmm, definitely not alone in THAT department :D I'm shifting lights and proxies all over the shop at the minute :eek:

I'm warming towards Comp #4 (unless you've - and no doubt it'll happen! - any dynamic alterations in progress...

I would, however, lower the value of the light hitting the topmost character, though - just my two-pence :shrug:

That's a lovely little narrative you've created there, BTW :)

Chris

venum
04-25-2005, 06:42 PM
:thumbsup:

the comp are great. I rather the left top one. All the characters are visible and it's easier to read.

:thumbsup: great job

Climax
04-25-2005, 07:02 PM
• The 4 comp look great, I like the first one, my only comment is that, the king looks insignificant up there, i mean: the girl for example is giving him hers back and the monster is giving him an angry look, but anyway is an amazing work no matter what you do at this point! :thumbsup:

dmonk
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Bottom Left get my vote. Awesome work Alex!

Virtuoso
04-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Hi Alex...story is.......:thumbsup: .....Always a very nice addition to bring more life and feelings to the art......

I would recommend #4....but #3 is close....thats now up to you of course......Keep on keeping on.....looking wonderful as always.......Such a nice entry from all aspects....See you as you progress......:arteest:

Maxko
04-26-2005, 12:39 AM
Wonderful ... man :buttrock:
i can't wait for update! :)

pum
04-26-2005, 05:26 AM
Holy,
Wow, I totally missed this forum Alex!Wow, i have been missing so much of good stuff!
What can I say Alex, as ususal, this work is amazing!

cheers mate!

HB

marc_lauper
04-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Terrific work!! :scream:
Nice stroy, too! As for the comps: I like 3 and 4 the most. Guess I would go with 3.

cheers
marc

alex.h.
04-26-2005, 06:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114537429_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114537429_large.jpg)

another camera (comp) picture.
see you later and thanks for all suport.

alexfalchi
04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Well nice one friend...keep strong !!:thumbsup:

mecman
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I liked alex!! very much!! You mix the most interesting things of both pictures!Nice!!
Awesome my friend! your work is very, very beautiful and magic.
Keep it up!!:thumbsup:

rattlesnake
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
man im happy to see u put also great detail in your story...that is very nice...about your compo..i saw your 4 option lighting and i think the second one is very cool ...the one on the top right corner...but this last is also nice..ill be following...and i wish ull be able to get done your outer works soon so u can come to the challenge again and rock tha house ...ok ill be waiting friend

AIR
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I have a question.
You are intending to put the textures on the characters?,or the textures are on,,or you just going to leave this washed out look,,that I actualy prefer,,Has certain recognisable style kind of thing.. :thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
sorry for not sending alot of replys or updates, but work is taking all my time.
but next week i have taken holliday, to finish this challenge,(do some texturing)
so to then , thanks my friends, and i see you sone. :thumbsup:

venum
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
:applause: I like the ambiance and the composition. I like the style. Nice work!

DaddyMack
04-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi alex, this comp looks great mate! The character on the swing now is more prominent and the angle more dynamic.. Only possibele crit I can find is the straight line from minotaur face, down the swing to the foreground character...Maybe if the foreground woman was moved right just slightly it would break the 'straight up and downness' Phenomenal stuff as always Alex:thumbsup::thumbsup: Keep it flowing mate!

CuneytGuclu
04-26-2005, 10:26 PM
I Like style! Lovely ambience and very good models! My favorite this...

Good luck!

alex.h.
04-26-2005, 10:34 PM
its a triky one daddy, if i move the nanny ,her face is in the way of shoe(leg) of swing, and axely were ewer i move anything in closeup, something is in the way of something.
thanks mate :thumbsup:
and thanks mmaxx and venum, see you later and :thumbsup:

rynomyte
04-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Great work on the composition...I think you found the happy medium between your options. I think I have to agree with Daddymack though about the foreground woman. There is maybe too straight of a line running down the center of the piece and I think if you moved her even a little bit to the right it might help. Awesome job either way! I can't wait to see the textures...Keep it up! Cheers.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-27-2005, 06:26 AM
This composition seem to be a real good alternative, between the previous... I'm waiting the continuation... textures and real lights... for the moment, I think it's not easy to judge really you composition, that's appear a bit flat. Then... next step... this week-end ? :scream:

alex.h.
04-28-2005, 03:21 AM
rynomyte,Lemog: i going to twist the sceen alittle this weekend, that means remodel the swing alitle so i get a bend on it, so i can move the caracters alittle.
thanks alot and see you later :thumbsup:

Wandddo
04-28-2005, 03:32 AM
Hi Alex, great image man! I liked color's atmosphere and the dark aspect of image... and composition too... keep it up man! :thumbsup:
cya

Maxko
04-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Always better and better work :). I like camera and perspective so much.. KEEP IT UP my friend, I can't wait for your hollidays :)

xric7
04-28-2005, 09:59 AM
wow......
great:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aliasali
04-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Alex! This entry is gonna e great one! lookin better with every new update!
keep researching on the lighting and compositionS!:thumbsup:

stevesherrin
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
is fabulous, very distrubing (I do mean that as a compliment)

ilusiondigital
04-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Better and better Alex, it´s a pleasure to see your images. Good luck friend

cjewell
04-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Whew! This is friggin cool. Awesome work man!

Virtuoso
04-28-2005, 10:58 PM
I think you have a good grasp on light.......and will allow you to make you're own choice Alex......looking forward to textures,and also hoping to see the characters expresion's come out a touch more with them.....To set off the mood and there feelings somemore......A real nice ambiant and moody picture.....a classic setting and concept,and all executed in top form......looking forward to more as you get the time alex......I'll be looking for you,good luck.....:arteest:

shtl
04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

knew you'd find the right cam pos!
this one is the most effective i think.

Soon the painting? :D

alex.h.
04-30-2005, 07:09 AM
thanks for all great,great,great suport from all you (mates).
working on my final comp (i hope) now.
sending update later today.
see you and :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04-30-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey Alex...i'm wait for more friend!!:thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-30-2005, 10:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114851913_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1114851913_large.jpg)

little tweak, almost not notible.
see you later.

jddog
04-30-2005, 10:19 AM
no words, just :bowdown: ... and :thumbsup:
jdd

tilite
04-30-2005, 06:42 PM
well well well... i hvnt seen this for a few days and it seems like u have fixed that compo problem of urs:thumbsup:

i dont know what to say... its going to be an astounding piece.. cannot wait

makaron
05-01-2005, 03:38 PM
hope that the coloring coming soon :)

Gunilla
05-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Very nice lighting Alex - keep going like that :thumbsup:

gpepper
05-01-2005, 06:11 PM
A great Job Alex ! A very unique style ! As macaron said, are U going to color it a bit ?

MichaelMlynek
05-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Awesome work! The geometry, i like the perspektive best, creats great tension and dynamic!

makaron
05-02-2005, 05:33 PM
please... we want color... :bounce:

hodongla
05-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Great scale.I wish u the best of luck.

parinya pattarajumnong
05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I very like your work It very nice.
great composition.
good luck

www.bbde-sign.com (http://www.bbde-sign.com)

Matheus-Design-Forever
05-02-2005, 08:48 PM
good work guy
I'm waiting for the texturing results
The model is great

TheFirstAngel
05-03-2005, 03:42 AM
great work my friend, keep it up! the cam change works so good, cant wait to see your textures take effect, see you soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Versiden
05-03-2005, 07:55 AM
simply outstanding! your work is just beautiful, can't wait for those textures, but as it stands now it's breathtaking

ace4016
05-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Hey Alex, nice updates. Can't wait for more updates, we need color (actually, we don't, your modeling alone pleases us). Keep going Alex, only a few more days left.

Kylebrn
05-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Really hope to see some colors.It's a bit too dark for me.I do like the lighting,looks real good.But just cant really make out the charaters,or there expressions.They almost look like they are melted facial features.Like Wax? Anyways,i'll withold judgement till things become more clear and textures are done.Still is a real nice piece,just waiting for the next step to get it to the top 10 type level.Good luck man.

alex.h.
05-04-2005, 08:57 AM
thanks for all, great friends, been ill for 4 days and hope i be on my feets tonight, then some updates i hope. see you later and :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Looking forward to some textures. The composition looks pretty tight :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-04-2005, 09:19 AM
thanks for all, great friends, been ill for 4 days and hope i be on my feets tonight, then some updates i hope. see you later and :thumbsup:
Poor man... I hope you will be better very very soon Alex... go go go :beer:

alexfalchi
05-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Go Alex Go...:thumbsup: good work mate!!

Alex.

omarhib
05-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Nice work man.... keep going:)

Tranchefeux
05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi, super image and great design, I await the light placed and
texture, go go, for the continuation. :thumbsup:

tilite
05-04-2005, 07:35 PM
hmmm hmm hm hmmm hm hmmm hm hm hm hmmm hmmmmm hm hm hmmm hm hm... ok none of u will be able to read that at a tune but i swear to u in my head it really is one... somehow i dont think im in the right thread??? oh no... wiat... i am, just couldnt figure it out... hsnt been an update in ages!!!:sad: :shrug:

sry but i had to ask for an update and im sure ur work deserves so much more than a lil update chant....

UPDATE:bounce: UPDATE:bounce: UPDATE:bounce:
kinda like that.... hehe

aBlackEgg
05-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Hi there -- very cool stuff. There s a lot happening in your image -- maybe you could use a strong keyLight to shape things a little more -- seeking clarity and focusing on a character or two - very good anyway if you ask me

cheers

myEntry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231942)

alex.h.
05-09-2005, 07:29 AM
sorry eweryone , mates,friends, can not finish this, doing my head in, to mutch going on
see you later,but thanks to all support and i (love)the help all giving me during this time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and ofcorse :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Damn shame it won't be seen in full technicolor :sad: Maybe you could paint it at a later time?

It was worth a try thought. Very nice models & compo :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi Alex.....I wish you could find the spare time to finish this properly.........if not possible you really should consider this in the next weeks when you have a chance and than take this to the finished gallery........I believe that this entry/creation of your's really deserves this justice.....If you cant finish here,than please do so and get it in the finished gallery,let me know when you do,I would be real interested to see this in it's final glory.....All the best to you,and I hope to see this work and you more in the future.......... Take care,and see you soon.....:arteest: :beer:

ace4016
05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
This was a great entry, thats sad to hear you won't be finishing this. As Greg and Michael said, maybe at a later time?

authentic
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Well alex it was a cool job. MAybe for a classical picture not in master and servant...

See you

DaddyMack
05-09-2005, 02:04 PM
sorry eweryone , mates,friends, can not finish this, doing my head in, to mutch going on
see you later,but thanks to all support and i (love)the help all giving me during this time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and ofcorse :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Much respect due... I feel your pain mate... May the force be with you

Gunilla
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Ahh, sorry to hear - good luck in finishing it later, would really like to see it.

Lycka till med allt!

Wandddo
05-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi Alex! Oh man I am sad to hear it:sad: ... but the work it's great... I hope you conclude it in a next opportunity... good lucky to you in your works... your style is great!:thumbsup:
cheers

makaron
05-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Take care Alex... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
and I´m sure that you gonna let us gonna see these Woodlings in color, later on... :bounce:

eddieellis
05-10-2005, 10:32 AM
dude... mate.... oh my god... im really going to miss the updates man. im really sorry to hear it dude, but i guess we will all have to wait to see it in the finished artwork forum.

youv'e been such an inspiration to me on this competition it makes me sad to see you pulling out... :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Gianluca
05-10-2005, 04:35 PM
one of mine wip preferred! over the top for modeling and composition! :applause: :
sin

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
see you later,but thanks to all support and i (love)the help all giving me during this time :cry:and ofcorse :thumbsup:

:cry: :cry: :cry: my friend Alex:cry: :cry:
you are my first friend here in cgtalk...and for you I have know alot best friends here..
you can not finish this work??:cry: ok but remembar have always best luck for all my friend!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

alex.h.
05-12-2005, 09:09 AM
thanks for all great words mates,
maby i send this picture whith a story as final piece ,and finisht of realy in a later date, what do you think mates ???.
see you and keep rocking, :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 09:12 AM
For me is a lovely idea..sure you can, I think. We'll wait for this:thumbsup:

Alex.

Lemog
05-12-2005, 10:12 AM
thanks for all great words mates,
maby i send this picture whith a story as final piece ,and finisht of realy in a later date, what do you think mates ???.
see you and keep rocking, :thumbsup:
It's sure... I can support you in this way... it's a solution... but very sad to don't have the final one before the end... :cry: cause you have already done a hard work until now... really :thumbsup:

hadimoom
05-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Woo Amazing Work
Your idea is Very Excelent...:thumbsup:
:bounce:

makaron
05-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Do that. Send it in... seems that you have all the milesstone done... so why not :)

Virtuoso
05-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Go for it Alex......it deserves it......You deserve it.........Plus you can still finish up for the gallery as well.......Perhaps even now you can give some touches texture wise.......Common Alex......go strong....do it....fastlane all the way.....:arteest: :beer:

TheFirstAngel
05-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Alex, my friend. Just came to see how you are doing and if you and your wonderfull woodlings are fine. there's still time left. take care you get back on full power, and then shoot up your final entry. Keep on rocking my friend, see you soon!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tilite
05-13-2005, 12:05 PM
:cry:

alex.h.
05-14-2005, 02:14 PM
thanks mates for ewerything. i had some fun on my picture this morning and likt to share it whith you. see you later and :thumbsup:
http://alexsculpt.0catch.com/woodlings/wood-paint-01.jpg

DaddyMack
05-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Alex! Great to see you back mate! I hope you can get something in for the deadline mate, as well as work on it further on, it has real spirit:thumbsup::thumbsup:

May the force be with you

jdsb
05-14-2005, 04:34 PM
its just amazing,what a perspective and modeling/texturing/shading work...i am in awe:applause::applause::applause::applause:

alexfalchi
05-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Alex..you in back my friend??! nice very nice..
Fantastic pic mate and fantastic colours you have choise..really beutifull atmosphere and you know incredibles characters!:thumbsup: have good day friend and keep nice!!

ciao Alex.

makaron
05-14-2005, 09:28 PM
ops! some color :) really nice... :thumbsup:

venum
05-14-2005, 09:48 PM
:)Great work Alex. It's really nice and the comp is great.
It's really nice in color. Really great treatment onto the picture.

:thumbsup::twisted::buttrock::applause:

alex.h.
05-14-2005, 10:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116105311_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116105311_large.jpg)

one days texturing, can only give it this evening more, then finito.
see you mates

arLutiK
05-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Alexander, wow stunning work you did there love it.

Virtuoso
05-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Good job Alex.....fight the good fight,get as much as you can done,looks good,great to see you go for it.......All the best to you,get as much as you can done now.....see you soon......:arteest: :beer:

alexfalchi
05-14-2005, 11:11 PM
master, master!!:thumbsup:

theuni
05-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Nice first textureing steps... nice colors.... nice mood you caught there again :thumbsup: reminds me a bit of an old oil painting :) But I suppose it was ment to be so :) Just one little thing... did you also had in mind to put in a bit more light from above? :shrug:Besides great work keep going...

pierrebixquert
05-14-2005, 11:33 PM
hi Alex.

Good work modeled and the composition of your image,:bounce: this very either
the texture this or also at the moment.
I have desire to see your final work.

I greeting

Squibbit
05-14-2005, 11:38 PM
for weeeeeeeks i been watching this one color and finally
u start putting more colors in! ... great atmosphere, but the
bull man is a bit obscure, spend some time figuring him out

ace4016
05-14-2005, 11:43 PM
The textuing looks good, hope tonight is enough for you to finish. Good luck Alex:thumbsup: .

alex.h.
05-15-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116114794_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116114794_large.jpg)

next render whith post effect,
my time is runing out. see you mates.

IlCattivo
05-15-2005, 01:45 AM
Ahh, so cool. The forest reminds me of some old John Bauer painting.

Looks like we have a couple of late nights in front of us :)

rattlesnake
05-15-2005, 01:52 AM
hi mate...yes i like this pose...the scene looks very artistic...like a real classic painting...the light setup gives a great feel to it....i love the volumetric light effect...very good mate..ill be waiting to see the end of this...and ill follow your steps even after this challenge..u have a great style friend!:thumbsup::arteest::bowdown:

alex.h.
05-15-2005, 01:52 AM
sorry, this is my last evening on this, outher stuff to do from tomorow, but i revisit it again a later date. see you and :thumbsup:
thanks rattle and you now i keep an eye on your stuff to :thumbsup:

Wandddo
05-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Wow Alex, nice stuff mate:thumbsup: it's really good:) good luck
see you:thumbsup:

ghostent
05-15-2005, 05:39 AM
Ooh,real cool.Like a classic painting.:buttrock: :buttrock:

TheFirstAngel
05-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Alex, this is so beautifull! U just done this all in such a loveley way, its pure eyecandy. I alays loved your style, and am so happy you brought this out for us! best of all and best wishes! keep on rocking my friend!!!

DimitrisLiatsos
05-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Beautifull piece from day one....i like your style man very much :bounce:

authentic
05-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Alex, I thought you had give up. Good to see you. Good luck for the time left.
I like for the colors for the moment but I think (I know looking a t faieries) that you can do better :scream:. MAybe with more contrast and color difference. But It's maybe not your aim.
Anyway great job, as usual !

alex.h.
05-15-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116161073_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116161073_large.jpg)

another color play, see you mates.

eddieellis
05-15-2005, 02:23 PM
thats my boy... never give up.

truely great mate :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Great colours Alex.!!:thumbsup:

artemesia66
05-15-2005, 02:59 PM
lighting is really looking good--very atmospheric. one tiny thing is that the blonde ponytail in the foreground looks kind of plasticy to me. Amazing image. :applause:

Gunilla
05-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Hej! Good to see you're back at it - wonderful in colors, you're almost finished - good luck!

Verkligen häftigt - se till at få den klar, du kommer att hamna högt med den här :thumbsup:

Remmers
05-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Can someone send a message to me and explan how a master servent thread works?

makaron
05-15-2005, 07:37 PM
and in about a day and a half, this already turned into a true alex.h. image.. well done :bounce:

tilite
05-15-2005, 08:18 PM
u definetly need to pull a greater contrast in the colours.. a few more vibrant flecs would be nice.. im sure u know what im talking about.

i love this piece esspecially the modeling
great work

Maxter
05-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Beautiful image... i like a lot:bounce:

Diogo
05-15-2005, 09:11 PM
FANTASTIC Work!
i like the color play

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-16-2005, 06:27 AM
That come very beautiful Alex... really... juts a bit too foggy at the top of the picture for my taste, or with a little bit more contrast... a good way now :thumbsup:

aliasali
05-16-2005, 06:51 AM
yeah,i agree with lemog,thats a little foggy and dark..done lose ur awesome detailes..:thumbsup:

alex.h.
05-16-2005, 07:26 AM
thanks mates, i give it 2 hours tonight after work, then it have to be done or not.
i can always go back to it later on. see you and thanks for great coments. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaVee
05-16-2005, 11:23 AM
I like color composition . Nice image .

David.

alex.h.
05-16-2005, 10:13 PM
it was not the last one, :scream: :scream: :scream:

Remmers
05-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Is a master and servent thread like a WIP thread but it's finnished?

ps.
I love you work.

theuni
05-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Hi Alex,

fantastic piece of art you created there and I really like the story you build around it. :thumbsup: You got my vote for sure :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

alex.h.
05-16-2005, 11:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116283963_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116283963_large.jpg)

THE FOREST´S EDGE

The queen of the Woodling people, she was called the Bride, has come to the Forest´s Edge, there to meet her servant from the Otherworld, the girl Tilda. Accompanying her is her entourage _ her consort, the Prince, perches on the tip of the branch of a great oak tree which is being used as a staff by one of the beast-kind, Tursus, all horns and muscle. A monster from the Inner Groves, built like an ox and twice as tall as a man,
it has been brought to serve as the Bride´s protector, for many dangers lurk amongst the trees where the forest and the Otherworld meet. He is a reluctant bodyguard, and he growls angrily. The Prince tempers Tursus´s simmering fury with a steely gaze, and to further ensure that the beast does not wander away, the woodlings have  branch-crafted its legs into the roots of a tree that have taken root deep below the ground, and thus immobilised, the giant squats, brooding. It remembers the sting of the Prince´s gem-staff well enough to realise not to vent its discontentment.

The woodling, Iolo, the princeling, a youngster who swings on a plank of wood suspended by a rope that the monster holds in its huge hand. Iolo swings listlessly – he hates having to go on this trips, he is never let out of sight of the Bride. He dreams of escaping the forest, and the adventures he will have in the Otherworld.

While all this goes on, the Bride greets Tilda with an offering of gold coins. A tear trickles down Tilda´s cheek. Her feet and left hand have been merged into the twisting roots of the forest floor. Her right hand suspends a mobile of glass orbs that gently tinkle as they spin back and forth over a cot that lies next to her. Within a new born baby lies, dressed in I outlandish red clothes, a pointed red cap and scarlet pointy booties. The child is mesmerised by the spinning balls, reaching up to grab them, oblivious of its surroundings.

The girl looks up at the gold – payment for the child. She knows that as soon she leaves the Forest´s Edge the precious metal will transform into acorns and empty snail shells. Her eyes shift to the silver dagger that the Bride holds in her other hand. The Queen desires the child, and the child must be paid for, a fair trade in this strange land. As soon as she acquiesces, the fingers of her left hand curl back into flesh, withdrawing into her arm from the musty earth. Tilda falteringly reaches out to accept the coins.

Unbeknownst to them all, weird figures flit in the darkness between the trunks of the towering trees. Their hands and feet ends in stinging barbs, their wings insect-like, their bodies gaunt. They skim through the shadows silently, coming ever closer to the group at the edge of the Forest. They are drawn of the sweet aroma of a new-born man-child – these creatures, if allowed, will sting the child and feed upon its cries, and the tears of innocents are as the finest claret to them. Wary of hulking brute, who would swat them as flies, the mosquito-men approach cautiously, the net of their ambush almost ready…

thanks all mates and friends for a great time, see you.
alex.h.

ace4016
05-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Glad you finsihed this, it's a great image. Good luck and best wishes.

Remmers - The challenge threads are entries into the challenge going on. The thread is kind of like a wip thread were you post all your progress, and when the final image is complete, you upload the jpeg and a tiff and the judges look at the wip images and the complete image and judge the image according to the theme. More info about how the cahllenge works can be found on the challenge main page, it explains things better then I could.

monsitj
05-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Congratulation Alex! for your awesome final pic! you done great job from the start! good luck!

Wandddo
05-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey Alex, congratulations to your final image!!! Great stuff and great story too...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: good luck man :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
see you

alexfalchi
05-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey Alex...congratulation my friend...finally you have make your final image..and I am so happy for this...
nice challange my friend....nice job and nice story you have!!..you're really talent for sculpture..yes you strong!!
hey Alex...have really best luck my friend and you know:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
congratulation my friend!!

Alex.

Matt-Bortolino
05-17-2005, 12:21 AM
This is the first I've seen of your image textured, & it looks lovely now with all the natural earthy tones. Well done & good luck :thumbsup:

Neeno
05-17-2005, 01:16 AM
:applause: congratulations on final image.. awesome

venum
05-17-2005, 01:20 AM
:)Actually, it's the best version I have ever seen. I's really a great challenge you did.
congratulation
:deal::love::applause:

RalphChozolover
05-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Final pic looks absolutely amazing. I love composition, the compelling story, and the overall feel and atmosphere the pic creates for me.

Great job on a wonderful composition

alex.h.
05-17-2005, 07:17 AM
thanks all great mates for all feedback, thats what got me trough this, and i hope all great things for you all, time to go to work , but be back this evening, see you all and :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Fantastic Alex... very nice, great composition... congratulations for your final picture... impressive :thumbsup:

makaron
05-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Ya image follows ya story perfect... Here we talk big, old mystical forest... :bounce:
the atmosphere is great... Ya colors it unusual, but exiting... and the modelling outstanding...
Good Luck for ya great image... :applause: and a big hurray for that fact that ya finished it...

Tremoside
05-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Congratulations for this final image! Superious mood and excellent modeling..all impressive! :thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
A magic scene, a magic image, congrats and good luck for you. Thanks for sharing this friend

alex.h.
05-17-2005, 01:41 PM
it makes me happy to come home at lunch and read so good coments, mega mega thanks to you all and :) :) :) , got to run back to work now, see you mates :thumbsup:

jddog
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Congrats ! A really fine work :applause:
jdd

xric7
05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
wonderful work!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
love ur comp and characters a lot.
congrats on ur final image.
good luck in this challenge.
cheers.:buttrock:

goktugg
05-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Nice Work*so MYSTICAL:thumbsup:
with good details*good work in progress!
Congratulation!:)

vampeta
05-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi Alex,

Realy realy stunning work! & i´m happy to see that you had come back to finish it!

And it´s remunerating!!

Good luck to you & see ya in the Voting ;)
Alex

shtl
05-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey Alex! Long time no post....
But i'm so happy you founded time to go on for the painting part! It's so much better like this (and that the point with your work, it's always going better and better haha!)

There is a very strong atmosphere, we enter this deep forest with you, feel this fairy tale, plus the comp put us in the middle of wat's happening, as always with your images it's a magic moment to descover them. And a graet pleasure. well done mate !

C ya and :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UK3D
05-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Hell of an entry Alexander that's some technique you have there. Have to say I love the theme of the subject in the first place and your interpretation is top notch. Good luck, Sean :thumbsup: :applause:

makaron
05-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Been looking back on this thread, and I´m for sure would like to see ya Maid in a pic, later on, she is not in ya final. I know, Ya just finish this one, but she deserves to get painted :arteest:
And I gonna look for Cohen tomorrow ya promised us may 19th, he would be back :bounce:hurray... *L* No rest for you here.:banghead: go back to work.. :wip:

eddieellis
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey My friend, its the end of the Comp and although you image isn't completely finished its still one of my Fav's.

Great work man and best of luck, and i hope to see you in the next comp. :thumbsup: :buttrock:

Virtuoso
05-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Congratulations Alex..... Even if not quite finished you came up with a nice piece,full of a qauint beauty,and nice ambiant mood and setting......Very well done,and a piece for you to hang in you're personal portfolio with pride.....I wish you the best in not only voting,but in all you're next projects.....i will certanly be looking forward to you're next efforts......All the best Alex....and see you soon....Oh......and here you go............:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mecman
05-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Alex, great scene my friend!! nice modeling and nice mood!!!

Congrats mate! and good luck!!:beer:

Versiden
05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
you've produced a really beautiful piece here, you should be very proud. It looks very paintery, love your style... hope to see u in future challenges.

hhssuu
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Alex, man you did a excellent job, very beautiful colours and superb modelling. Congratualtions on finishing and the best of luck. You showed us some cool stuff.:applause:

alex.h.
05-18-2005, 05:35 PM
its so great to come home and see all updates and great replys to my tread, so i want to thank you all ones again for great competision and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to all mates and friends, and good luck to you all. see you.

3dRaven
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
So much threads, I can't believe I missed to complement on your final Alex. Real nice soft looks to it.

Congrats & good luck :thumbsup:

patina
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi alex.h.

A wonderful image, I like the way you painted the models, I must try this sometime,
great atmosphere, and character pose, good luck , Patina!

my m-s
the Hunchback
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=7495

rattlesnake
05-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Friend...you art is inspiring...is diferent from the others...is like a dream...your color and lights managment make it unbeliavable...you really have artistic skillz...and im happy you finished with this great picture... wish u the best...ill be following your future works...you just rock:applause:

UK3D
05-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi Alexander,
Another masterpiece, and I didn't expect anything less really. A lovely subtle composition that reveals just enough detail to keep you searching for more. I've enjoyed watching your progress and it's great to see the final piece. You have a most unique style which is rarely seen in CG. Truely excelent. :applause: :bounce:

lamarvisions
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
This is not finished,but still I dont care,it's top 3 for this guy.Real nice light,mood and charm.Great stuff.:thumbsup:

IlCattivo
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Glad to see you finished it. It's a great image, you are a fantastic modeler.

artemesia66
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Fantastic work, alex. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

THUNDER-STUDIO
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
great work! alex looks so beautiful like a wonderful dream in the morning~~

want to see more!!!

yeray
05-19-2005, 06:54 PM
wonderful work Alex, good luck :D

makaron
05-20-2005, 01:11 AM
can we see the mosquite people colored? :bounce: I really love those guys...

AIR
05-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Alexander.U made excelente piece.I like the horned ox creature.Lookin quite mighty.
You make theese fairys want to believe.Keep up pal.WISHING YOU BEST OF LUCK. :thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Hi Alex,

Am a bit late now, but i want to say i like your image! Am impressed by your modeling skills! The final has a gentle coloring and a very sensitive mood. Lighting fits well with the forest environment. So well done from all aspects! :bowdown: Am lookin forward to the next challenge together! And now time to save these into my "inspirations" folder...:thumbsup:

Cya,
Mark

alex.h.
05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
thanks my friends,for great response on my picture, :thumbsup: and ofcourse i can do you a colored version of the mosquite people later on mak. its time to run to work, but see you later mates, and ofcourse :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pigwater
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
great stuff alex ... not sure if i posted here before but i followed as you went along ... you had so many "fatastic" posts, i didn't want to be just another one saying the same thing

so, i will say i was fascinated with your work ... also your process .. beautiful and unique .. this method of yours gave you a truely unique image here ...

the final has great mood and a very woodsy elvish feel ...

luck and beers to you :beer:

InTerceptoV
05-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Has the feeling like it was painted, maybe bacuse of light and textures. Nice image, really great models.

alex.h.
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
thanks mates.
pigwater and InTerceptoV: Happy you like it, i paint all my textures exept some metal and jems, so thats why it looks painted, have a great evening and see you all sone, :thumbsup:

bealobo
05-21-2005, 04:42 PM
I love the color flow in the picture and of course, the modelling.
The composition and everything is neat. You´ve done a great job.
Congratulations and good luck!

alex.h.
05-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks bealobo, i am happy you like it,good luck to you to, see you later and have a great evening. :thumbsup:

smaddl
05-21-2005, 09:54 PM
your image as all your works i'v seen is very unique. i can't read the story now ( too hard for my bad english) but i shell later, so i don't know the story but i find this image very sad. followed your search for the right composition and i think your choise is great as your solution for the wonderful mosquitos. very touching image. good luck :thumbsup:

pierrebixquert
05-21-2005, 10:44 PM
hi alex

Very very good work .. i like it:thumbsup:

Very mush luck :applause:

alex.h.
05-22-2005, 03:13 PM
thanks smaddl and pierre_bixquert, to make a long story short,
the girl have to seel the baby to the woodlings, so the woodlings can keep going as a rase,
they can not get kids themself enymore, so they give the baby a magic drink that transform it to a woodling when it groves up. see you mates and :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
and ones again for you my friend....best luck for all Alex.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alex.

korayarts
05-22-2005, 08:35 PM
ı like your idea and composition good luck man.

alex.h.
05-23-2005, 07:17 AM
korayarts: thanks allot mate and good luck to you to, see you :thumbsup:
alexfalchi: its great to now you mate, you are always happy and give great and possitive response to everything, see you mate and :thumbsup:

adel3d
05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
realy nice final!
you portrayed a beautiful environment , lighting and rendering...
You have my vote !

alex.h.
05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
thanks adel3d, i like your work to, you got great style,good luck and see you later mate, :thumbsup:

sketchxie
06-08-2005, 05:22 PM
great work like ;;;;;;;;Alexander Hedstrom has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5702)

Latest Update: Final Image: The forest's edge
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116283963_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5702/5702_1116283963_large.jpg)

THE FOREST´S EDGE
The queen of the Woodling people, she was called the Bride, has come to the Forest´s Edge, there to meet her servant from the Otherworld, the girl Tilda. Accompanying her is her entourage _ her consort, the Prince, perches on the tip of the branch of a great oak tree which is being used as a staff by one of the beast-kind, Tursus, all horns and muscle. A monster from the Inner Groves, built like an ox and twice as tall as a man,
it has been brought to serve as the Bride´s protector, for many dangers lurk amongst the trees where the forest and the Otherworld meet. He is a reluctant bodyguard, and he growls angrily. The Prince tempers Tursus´s simmering fury with a steely gaze, and to further ensure that the beast does not wander away, the woodlings have* branch-crafted its legs into the roots of a tree that have taken root deep below the ground, and thus immobilised, the giant squats, brooding. It remembers the sting of the Prince´s gem-staff well enough to realise not to vent its discontentment.
The woodling, Iolo, the princeling, a youngster who swings on a plank of wood suspended by a rope that the monster holds in its huge hand. Iolo swings listlessly – he hates having to go on this trips, he is never let out of sight of the Bride. He dreams of escaping the forest, and the adventures he will have in the Otherworld.
While all this goes on, the Bride greets Tilda with an offering of gold coins. A tear trickles down Tilda´s cheek. Her feet and left hand have been merged into the twisting roots of the forest floor. Her right hand suspends a mobile of glass orbs that gently tinkle as they spin back and forth over a cot that lies next to her. Within a new born baby lies, dressed in I outlandish red clothes, a pointed red cap and scarlet pointy booties. The child is mesmerised by the spinning balls, reaching up to grab them, oblivious of its surroundings.
The girl looks up at the gold – payment for the child. She knows that as soon she leaves the Forest´s Edge the precious metal will transform into acorns and empty snail shells. Her eyes shift to the silver dagger that the Bride holds in her other hand. The Queen desires the child, and the child must be paid for, a fair trade in this strange land. As soon as she acquiesces, the fingers of her left hand curl back into flesh, withdrawing into her arm from the musty earth. Tilda falteringly reaches out to accept the coins.
Unbeknownst to them all, weird figures flit in the darkness between the trunks of the towering trees. Their hands and feet ends in stinging barbs, their wings insect-like, their bodies gaunt. They skim through the shadows silently, coming ever closer to the group at the edge of the Forest. They are drawn of the sweet aroma of a new-born man-child – these creatures, if allowed, will sting the child and feed upon its cries, and the tears of innocents are as the finest claret to them. Wary of hulking brute, who would swat them as flies, the mosquito-men approach cautiously, the net of their ambush almost ready…

thanks all mates and friends for a great time, see you.
alex.h.

makaron
06-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I wonder... :bounce:
can´t these Woodlings do some magic? so the winners in this challenge can be announced soon... :rolleyes:

shtl
06-27-2005, 01:35 PM
maybe not in first, but anyhow a beautyfull image achieved.
so congrats too :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

alex.h.
06-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks alot shtl, and thanks for helping me out whith answering about what program i use.
See you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
win or not ..in any case i became very fond of your modeling along the process.

Congrats for a very beautifull peace .

Versiden
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
yours was one of my favourites, so magical and surreal! gr8 porti piece, you should be proud

CGTalk Moderation
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.