PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Sacha Diener

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 01:42 AM
Sacha Diener has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=5676)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Anuubis wip part3
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1113973689_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1113973689_large.jpg)

Lol, snoopyday part 3, hand is still not finnished but i'll fix it tomorrow. so here's the last update for tonight, goin to take som bit of rest and be back here after work :) cheers

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 01:46 AM
ok i'm in let the games begin :) this is goin to be fun best luck to all:wip: :buttrock: :beer:

Shaykai
03-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Oooooooo subscibing to this thread for sure :) Good luck as well!

Kid-Mesh
03-22-2005, 01:49 AM
Look forward to your entry, Good Luck :)

mosconariz
03-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Welcome Angel, this battle will be nasty!!! Muahahaha! :twisted:

rattlesnake
03-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh no Sacha is here to kick my a**---i think chances to win are reduced for us now....best luck my friend!!

ace4016
03-22-2005, 02:07 AM
Good luck Angel, looking forward to seeing all the entries.

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks a lot friends, i am very excited and wish you best luck too!
goin to screw some pencils now, lol
cheers

monsitj
03-22-2005, 02:55 AM
yeahh! glad to see you here again! have fun and good luck! looking forward to your sexy girl!:thumbsup:

Lordrych
03-22-2005, 02:57 AM
Definatley subscribe to this one.............can't wait to see what happens

ArtisticVisions
03-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Bets of luck to you, Sacha. ;)

mookid2005
03-22-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. There's so much good talent here on this challenge.

Best of luck everyone!!

Climax
03-22-2005, 03:35 AM
Wellcome to the Challenge FairyMaster :thumbsup: good luck! :bounce:

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Heheh, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankeez!!! and in a min i show up with an early sketch :) a dedicate to all artists who feel the same :)monsitj: hahah, how could you know there's already a girl in my mind again? i start getting too predictable in my thinking :argh: Best luck to u too mate!

mosconariz, rattlesnake, ArtisticVisions, mookid2005,Climax, Lordrych, monsitj... good to c ya round friends, it will be sooo great to go trough this with such great artists and company, looking forward to a really great time!!!

the story behind my sketch (might go for another fart tomorrow after my brain got some rest...) Late at nights, when artists bodys cry for sleep, and even coffeine and other helpers start to fail, the mistress and godess INSPIRATIA steps out of the dark and with her unpredictable sweetness wich is also merciless, cruel and ruling, she demands her paladin, the overnighted artist back to the front...

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/inspiratia.jpg

and now best luck frontiers, rock em all!!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :cool: :beer:

ace4016
03-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Nice concept and good luck. Aren't you suppose to submit the sketch though?

ArtisticVisions
03-22-2005, 04:44 AM
Interesting concept; just remember to submit the sketch through the Challenge's Submit Entry page.

alex.h.
03-22-2005, 04:45 AM
great sketch Angel and good luck. :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 05:21 AM
ArtisticVisions,ace4016Aren't you suppose to submit the sketch though?
not yet was just a spontanious idea that popped out of my head. i'll workk on it tomorrow, and if i don't find a better concept, i can still submit it :) thanks a lot mates :)

Alex: Thx mate, same!
best luck to all

spirogyro
03-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Challenge after challenge after challenge! Good job being able to keep up with everything your involved in, and good luck in this one too.

dmonk
03-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Cool Artwork. I really like your sketching style.

arLutiK
03-22-2005, 07:06 AM
very nice sketch, good luck to you.

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
spirogyro: Thanks, i'll keep trying. Good luck to you too :)

dmonk: Thanx a lot mate. (even if its just a scribble...)

arlutik: thanks!

Best luck to you! goin to continue on this when i'm back from work :)

Lemog
03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Another talentuous artist in this challenge, with a good idea... yeah, I'm waiting the first sketch... by waiting, good luck Sasha :thumbsup:

mireneye
03-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Allright, your sketch look awesome to begin with. Im certain whatever your goin to start you'll goin for something really good. Ill be awaitin your progress.

3dRaven
03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I see you endulging in a fantasy style...this is gona look sweet once it hits another dimension :thumbsup: A good thiughtout lighting setup can do wonders for this piece.

Best of luck hope vray plays nice this time :)

coCoKNIght
03-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Hi Sasha!
That's a very good story/sketch! had to laugh http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
Have fun!

swag
03-22-2005, 04:11 PM
sacha is in too :) iam watching

coldfront
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
best of luck to you. like your first sketch.

JamesMK
03-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Ah, very nice to see the infamous Sacha back in business :cool: Waiting for the first splines.... tap tap tap...

Geta-Ve
03-22-2005, 07:32 PM
WOW! I know thats just a rough sketch but still thats incredible, makes me kind of embarrased to show mine... :( but I gotta.. soon though, soon.

I think im gonna try to mooch your drawing style heh.. hmm

Good luck!!

Virtuoso
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Nice to see you in Sacha.........I'll make myself comfortable here and look forward to some out of this World creations from you,and expect no less from you.........no pressure mind you ...;)

Wonderful start on your first sketch,the potential drips............Now bring on the show Sacha..........Best to you,and have fun,I know you will...........:arteest:

TheFirstAngel
03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111530729_medium.jpg

early sketch, colortest. :)

Ah yes thanks a lot all for the nice comments.
mireneye: Sketch worked out a bit, just to clear out my idea...
coCoKNIght: hahaha, sort of selftherapy for me ;) lol
swag: Yep wat about you, goin to track you as my next action. lol
coldfront: thanks. :) good luck to you too
JamesMK: splinerocking is about to beginn as soon as i finnished the detailsketches,
eventually i model the girl tonight already. hehe. Someone call the wabbit!!! great to see you're in too mate :D
Geta-Ve:hahahaha so dropem lines! fast and furious... nothing but graphite splines ;)
Virtuoso: Thanks bro, i'll refine the concept a bit later to its final stage, but it desribes my direction already a bit. heading with pleasure and exitement into my next maxcrash ;)

Mate, thanks a lot and for all who rock the night and let the ideas flow, may inspiratia be with you too :P best luck and loadsa fun everyone! let's rock!

alex.h.
03-22-2005, 10:36 PM
great pic angel, btw (i youst hate doing concept) see you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shaykai
03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Fantastic image angel! I really love your style! I love the material you've chosen for Inspiritia, i think when this is finished it will be one of my favorites! :)

Shaykai

arturro
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
mmmm beautiful:) I like her, I mean it, the concept:twisted:

can't wait to see her, I mean it, the scene, in 3d:bounce: :):)

mookid2005
03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm really like what I'm seeing so far angel. Keep It up!:thumbsup:

cg219
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Nice sketch, what do you plan on using for the modelling?

3dRaven
03-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow beautifull concept Angel :) Nice soft colors. Mmmm

Can't wait for more details

wildekyote
03-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Can't wait to see this one flesh out. (No Pun... :D) Good Luck.

Geta-Ve
03-23-2005, 12:04 AM
nice coloring so far...definatly will be interesting where you take this

btw for kicks you should put a snake logo on his shirt :D

Goul
03-23-2005, 12:33 AM
This sketch rocks , i like the mix between fantasy and science fiction and the colors

I'm going to follow this thread with interest !
:thumbsup:

ace4016
03-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Nice sketch and colors. I can imagine what the scene would look like now in your style.

kattkieru
03-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I'm loving the concept image too. I wish I had your skill for coloring.

The worst part is, though, that for some odd reason I can't look away from my new queen...

vincent1
03-23-2005, 03:29 AM
looking good. perhaps a slight change of angle. looks too straightforward as it is now. my queen and master should be more imposing.

i love your women.

My entry mns:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=222535

TheFirstAngel
03-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Alex, Shaykai, arturro, mookid2005, wildekyote, Geta-Ve, Goul, ace, kattkieru
Thanks a lot, apreciate your very kind comments and will give everything to fulfill your expectations :) best luck to you all and thanks

vincent1: Thanks, bot the POV, its just an early sketch, am taking this thankfully up to my list, i am still sketching out all points of this piece. (details, stylesheets of actors, stage, gadgets lightning...) i'll get back busy here when i'm back from work :)

Thanks a lot and best luck to everyone! And to everone: Make me go wow! rock it!:buttrock: :wip: :beer:

Lemog
03-23-2005, 07:11 AM
You start very hard... with always a good concept and a good result... for a first sketch :applause:
We all can be afraid by your talentuous hand... I'm waiting next steps impatiently...

SheepFactory
03-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Great sketch Sacha. If you capture that expression of her in the 3d model it'll be awesome!

Versiden
03-23-2005, 07:26 AM
great sketch... this has the potential to be awesome.

I think the goddess style and design is almost a very generic type of queen, maybe explore her character design more to make her more unique to the inspiration that she gives us..

ISAF
03-23-2005, 07:36 AM
good concept. it keeps you focused on the master, what makes the servant less important. good job on that. Can't wait to see it finished.

jddog
03-23-2005, 08:26 AM
hey als usual wonderful beginn, the sketch promise a excellent work 1st_Angel...

Good luck and have a lot of fun :thumbsup: greetings from Locarno

Julien

jmBoekestein
03-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Looks interesting Sacha!

Looks like I'll be able to learn a lot from you! Good luck man!:buttrock:

und3r
03-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Looks amazing!

Good luck with the project!

markovicd
03-23-2005, 09:48 AM
yo angel! great to see you here ;) , and nice sketch you were always into girls you devil! :D

smaddl
03-23-2005, 10:34 AM
beautiful sketch. good luck.

ChrRambow
03-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Very good sketch and concept. :thumbsup:

dmonk
03-23-2005, 12:02 PM
There is something very "Jessica Rabbit" about her personality in the sketch which I really like. Like she knows she can get that guy to lick broken glass if she wanted.

I'm liking what I'm seeing.:D

Lordrych
03-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey, I am thinking maybe give that guy more of a Knight look to him...........more of a hardcore worn Knight.

Rych

Kid-Mesh
03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
That's a concept image wow, I actually like the style of the servant because it provides such a nice contrast to the elegant and beautiful queen since he seems to be a worn and tatered everyday boot black.

Nice job overall, if you pull this off I guess everyone else's works will end up in the 3D WIP section :scream:

JamesMK
03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Great looking sketch of course. If you manage to translate that look on her face to 3D, you will get a great result. A word of advice, since you've already got a chick in, stay clear of any snakes :D

Borro
03-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi :). Nice concept. I wish best of luck!!! It's nice that you take part in the challenge this time :)))

Lord pARODY
03-23-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm hooked... the image you've got so far as a concept sketch is great! i'm really looking forward to seeing how it comes out within 3D.

nice job!

- Matt

conundrum
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
great work, the colours are spot on, knowing your ability in this topic it should be awesome to see the 3d work come to fruition, good luck

DimitrisLiatsos
03-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I am hooked too...have fun NUTS friend! :bounce:

Kyena
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Sachaaaa - hiii :D

omg that looks wonderful so far - damnit I am haveing withdrawals..no scanner and no computer right now. All I am doing is tons of little thumbnail sketches on post-its at work :p

Your sketch looks very promising and I love the color scheme so far. Will you introduce some more dramatic highlights?

3dRaven
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Pleeeze don't skip finishing the concept. I think we're all waiting for how it will come out. Besides 2d lighting beats rendertimes especialy when it comes to volume light & caustics :)

SoniaNotRed
03-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi, 1st Angel!

A guy from the DSG gave me a link to your thread - it seems we both had the same idea (DOH!!):D

Fortunatly, I'm taking a very different path from you.

Yours is really beautiful! I'll be looking forward to see the final entry.
Good luck!:thumbsup:

abz
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Too good an idea and very well shown!!
You rule!!
Cheers!!

ArtisticVisions
03-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Good choice of color and lighting; the expressions and personality of the woman is absolutely great. :thumbsup:

keetmun
03-23-2005, 07:30 PM
That's a really classic interpretation of the theme, and it could turn out really good. It would be nice if you had an interesting twist somewhere inside, that would make it interesting.

Cheers!
:buttrock:

rattlesnake
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
really great start man!! now whos the fastard??--lol

great concept mate...

DaddyMack
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Sacha...just had to say wow... and... WOW
joining the ranks of the hooked

neversong
03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
looking good. :D

keep up with it.

cheers,
Hwasup Song

JHarford
03-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Fantastic little sketch , love the poses and the idea behind it.
Good luck with your entry, I'll be checking back to this one

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111622450_large.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111622450_large.jpg)

Just defined a few minor details, as 3draven asked for.

Am unpatiently finishing the aditional penceling at the moment, i took up the \\\"medeval point\\\" and am working out a set of weapons, based on artist tools.
well, and this time, fullsize sketch

addons, patterns on her corsett, worked out the featherstuctures and refined the lines to make clear what belongs where

colorscheme: broke up the blue with a bit of sepia, i felt it looks oversaturated what made it cheap.

the messy black could be some foregroundelements, bit unsure about that yet but felt it needs more contrast. lol, like the splats somehow... even thought how shitty they look. adds some bit of painterly mess was like real-life-painting.

last but not least, i will start to model tonight and see how far i get, the piece started very spontanious, and i want to keep it like that.
every c&c most welcome, best luck to all!

Atwooki
03-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Welcome Sacha!

Cool concept drawing (girl looks great :drool: ) and up and running so quickly too....:thumbsup:

Good Luck!

A.

BlackNull
03-24-2005, 12:50 AM
I like your sketch very much, if u can portray the same feel in 3d than this sketch, it should be very interesting. Best of luck for this challenge, and keep those ideas flowin' :lightbulb

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Lemog: lol, likewise, knowing your fantastic skills, i expect much of you to come up with, and it will be a peasure to follow your work as well! thanks a lot mate!

Sheep Factory: I'll give my best to translate the sketch into highly detailed and nice models. keep it up mate.

Versiden: I'll watch over an alternative version eventually, but i feel she works quiet nice and close to the image i have from my beloved godess.

ISAF: Thanks, tried several pov's and layouts, and i'm quiet happy with the "priorities" of eyecatching. also, i found my own point important: he's not exactly a slave. Sevring has to do with love and dedication as well, and in exchange to that, she gives him power and abileties to fulfill her will. so its a give and take from 2 sides, to create a working kind of relation.

Julien: Thank you so much and best wishes to locarno, I'll be on your work next!

Jan-Mark: Hey mate, am curious what YOU come up with, we're all here to learn, thats an essential part of human life. Best luck to you too!

Und3r: thanks mate, good luck to you too

Darko: lol, yeah, the beloved girls. i made out a point yesterday wich i may post here as a simple statement. Create an ugly bastard, thats fun. create an old person, thats interesting.
create a beatifull woman and you do it in love. create a handsome man and you get bored within minutes ;). But i'll take care to keep a ballance to not let think ppl, the only thing i am able to create would be girls.

Smaddl: Thanks mate, good luck to you too!

KoRn_ART: THanks, *gnaarf*'s too and appreciates

Tony: Yep the Jessica Rabbit simularity could have a few very preditable reasons: 1st, jessica is one of the most beautifull (and sexiest) woman disney ever came up with.
she of course is "mistress"of the place to be, she's not bad, she's just drawn like that ;)
Her dress is sparkling. Like she knows she can get that guy to lick broken glass if she wanted., lol, most beautifull women live with this sideeffect. lol. and she's a goddess, sooooo... hehe keep it up mate

Rych: Mentioned it, took it up and am working on the medival idea of weaponset... lol, he'll go trough a mice "worn-out" believe me, i have a clear vision of him, unshaved, wild hair, deep dark eyerings, but unstoppable. hehe...
thanks a lot for that input!

Kid mesh: hahahaha, don't ya overrate my works :blush: hahaha, appreciate but know i see it as an honor to work along on a grat topic with a bunch of great talented and fantastic artists like you all!

Lord Wabbit:will avoid too many snakes: except that supersnake of course, hahaha. :D
thanx James, gave me a great laugh!

Borro: Thanks a lot mate! I really missed my crew here, the spirit, the creative space, everything. i hope i can make 2 wonderfull month's work along with everyone, and go ahhh and ohh about all thioose great creations wich are geting in place here!

Lord pARODY: THanks a lot Matt! i'm really looking forward to seeing how it comes out within 3D. Well, well courious here as well, like hell.... :D

conudrum: Best of luck to you too dear friend!! *apreciates and is very happy*

DIMI: And same to you you ULTRA NUTS GREEK CG-HERO! Loadsa fun and best luck!

Kyena: Tascha!!! you know i love your works biiiiigtime, can't wait to hear your equipement is letting you work in full effect again! All I am doing is tons of little thumbnail sketches on post-its at work lol, when i forgot my sketchbook vesterday i started drawing on an envelope in tram, just to not loose the idea... just a machine, just a tool.
Your sketch looks very promising and I love the color scheme so far. Will you introduce some more dramatic highlights? i already started working on the contrasts, am not 100% satisfied yet but i think as lightning is the essence of all visual art, i will invest much time into the finetuning of the set. it will propably be daker to let inspiratia shine as bright as possible thanks for the inputs! best luck to you and keep on make me go wow!!!

3d Raven: Know it, and went over the detailing just a slight bit. as you asked for. But max cries for attention, and zbrush is pissed of running litle circles ;) tell me bout caustics and vol lightz, poor machine. thats why this time i went for a more simple set. (knowing me, that could change as soon as modeling becomes more and more fun again :P)

Sonia; I looked at your work and agree. Your point goes out from a different perspective and i'm very happy we had a simular idea as base, tells me it can't be that bad Best luck to you too and i'll keep watching your progress with pleasure as well!

ABZ: thanks a lot mate!

Jason: Thanks a lot! I tried the colorscheme a slight bit: cold background behind her to lift her out of it, adjusted saturation a bit. also the amount of glow. hope you still like it.
Thanks a lot for cour C&C too!

Keetmun: Ill try to figure out a twisty point as you wish :) lol, found it funny (look at hands) to play a bit michelangelo... lol

Supersnake: pah, could only work a few nighthouirs on it. am actually working on clientworks during the day, and my work is FAR not as fast as i'd expect me to! Fastard yourself! lol best luck to you bro, pick it up and rock it rough, am still waiting for you!

DaddymAck: hahahaha tdat doggey rox. Thx'eez and glad to have you with me!

SONG: thaks, its a huge motivation. mean it. thanks, and best luck to you!

stripe: Thanks a lot!

Atwooki: Hi Chris! Glad to meet you here too, best luck to you and thanks a lot!

Black Null: Merci beaucoup Pierre! Best luck to you too i'll be more than cuious what you'll show up with! aller aller aller!

Everyone, thanks you so much, I am glad and extremely excieted to be here, dong this, and most of all, to have ya round me. You all rock and i wish you bst luck and all the fun!!!

Cheers :wip: :beer: :buttrock:

Geta-Ve
03-24-2005, 01:39 AM
wow man! inspiring! i think ill try to play with some colors on mine :D

outstanding :)

Identity3D
03-24-2005, 01:44 AM
omg what a start stunning image really looks well keep up the graet work & best of luck in the challenge

nix0r
03-24-2005, 02:08 AM
hi angel, your concept sketch is awesome! :beer: , I wish i could draw like that. waiting on your first modelling wip :D :thumbsup:

Kid-Mesh
03-24-2005, 02:53 AM
More color....argh :twisted:

You know, It takes skill to make a "scribbled" sketched out of a female breath taking, she is really beautiful. If you capture that essence in 3D the way you have with a sketch then this will be one fantastic piece.

glim
03-24-2005, 02:55 AM
i like very well ur concept sketch :applause:
i look forward to see ur 3d work for this picture

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 03:50 AM
Geta-Ve: Thanks you very much! hope you get along smove and niceley with your coloring as well :)

Identity: Thank you very much! Bst luck to you too!

nix0r: was supposed to model but after looking my mailbox filled with 233 emails, took me a while to get trough all tose great works!!! :D of course didnt touch one spline yet :blush:

KidMesh: Thanks a lot! bout scribling: i have to admit i love the dynamic you get out of rough sketches when you are bringing them down fast. the messy part of it has an own aspect i like, and if its not supposed to become an illustration, its kewl to to work that way :)

glim: thank you very much! I start modeling propably tomorrow after work.

thank you all and best luck!

rickycox
03-24-2005, 03:54 AM
Hey Angel looks like you're off to a good start. Best of luck mate.

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 04:30 AM
tahnks Riki! Great to have you here too! best luck to you and have fun! goin to start the modeling tomorrrow after work :)

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 04:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111639589_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111639589_large.jpg)

Just defined a few minor details, as 3draven asked for.

Am unpatiently finishing the aditional penceling at the moment, i took up the \\\"medeval point\\\" and am working out a set of weapons, based on artist tools.
well, and this time, fullsize sketch

addons, patterns on her corsett, worked out the featherstuctures and refined the lines to make clear what belongs where

colorscheme: broke up the blue with a bit of sepia, i felt it looks oversaturated what made it cheap.

the messy black could be some foregroundelements, bit unsure about that yet but felt it needs more contrast. lol, like the splats somehow... even thought how shitty they look. adds some bit of painterly mess was like real-life-painting.

last but not least, i will start to model tonight and see how far i get, the piece started very spontanious, and i want to keep it like that.
every c&c most welcome, best luck to all!

Climax
03-24-2005, 05:15 AM
• Great Sketch Sacha, Looking forward for your first 3D models

monsitj
03-24-2005, 08:08 AM
no comment! and after look at your avartar , it will come out in high quality entry for sure! update your modeling please!

pitiwazou
03-24-2005, 08:14 AM
very beautifull drawing and very very beautifull girl ! ;) good luck !

orion 77
03-24-2005, 08:55 AM
hi the 1st angel/sacha

are you adding multiple characters to your piece for the challenge or going the one-to-one characters route? the female character is she a princess or maiden?
it would be cool if you could give her a subtle evil side which balances out her beauty.

Tremoside
03-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Cool mood, nice sketch, lovely women...

All the Sacha components are checked!

Impressive start just as always.

Tremo

jddog
03-24-2005, 09:01 AM
can you give me the phone number of this beauty ! :love:

lol

jdd

linda
03-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Sacha: This looks very good, i love the sketch she is a real beauty!:thumbsup:

Ludal
03-24-2005, 12:24 PM
wow! a very nice sketch!
the next sould be very good!
good luck ;)

alex.h.
03-24-2005, 01:06 PM
another great update angel, looking foreward to modeling. se you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 01:08 PM
hehe, couldnt reseist, am back here again (cg-talk lunchbreak)
CLimax: thanks mate, anoxious waiting to be back home, to start gettin some splinefun!!

monsitj: lol, thanks a lot mate :)

pitiwazou: thanks, am goin to start modeling in 3 hours, and i cant wait to let her come out of the planar world of photoshop into my max to take a sweet zbrush shower.

orion 77: her name is "inspiratia", the goddess wich keeps the poor artist away from his bed :P servantship is in love in this case, and even if she's cruel and demanding, she's also loving and giving, her, the godess, him, her servant and knight to fulfill her will :)

jddog: just close your eyes and she'll be there, you won't need the phone, lol :D

linda: thank you Linda, looking forward to your work too, knowing your fantastic skills, you'll sure bring up a beautifull piece into a mastrerly light.

Ludal: thank you :)

Alex. Thanks alex, best luck with that "pressure run" you're going trough my friend! as i said, be the woodling. :)

goin to my boss now and tell him i'd have a strang headake and i'd need to go home imediately ;) best luck to all and have all the fun! let's rock!

arturro
03-24-2005, 01:51 PM
truly wonderful:) whenever I look at it I like it more an more. But I must say that I prefered first color scheme. The bigger contrast was better to me. Now there is smaller focus on the characters.

ps
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Beautyfull concept sketch.:applause: Good luck first angel. :wavey:

pigwater
03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
beautiful as always 1st .. your female characters and really some of the nicest ... must come from lots of in-depth studying :buttrock: (buttrock doesn't really fit but close enough)

the sketch has just gotten sweeter each day .. love the way the dress semms to illuminate .. it'll be interesting to see how you do that in 3d

laters for now :thumbsup:

Saschi0815
03-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Can I trust my eyes??? The chiefmaster of beauty has entered the contest....yeaaahh...:bounce:

Hey, Sacha, wish u all the best...ok, u don't need this with such a beauty u've drawn....can't await to see her modelled in 3D:scream: ...aaahhh btw: did u use any "template" for your models?
Da good ol' switzerland, home of beauties :love: :beer:

servusla, bis dann...:D

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111681001_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111681001_large.jpg)

ok, just some thumbnail scribling i done yesterday in the streettrain, cuz i wanted to make myself clear how he's goin to look like. sorry for the fast coloring, just came home and wanted to finnish concepts, cuz i now take up the modeling progress.
of course he's a latino artist. (and much sorry bout my spanglish.)

Neeno
03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
very nice mood to thsi dude... i liek ur concepts... i've seen your work so im no expecting any less of you this is going to be a subscription for sure... good luck dude...

Roach01
03-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Ok, I'm in for this too.
Good Luck to You Angel & everyone.
Let's get it On!!!

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Roach01: GREAT TO SEE YOU IN HERE TOO OLD FRIEND!

Neeno: THANKS A LOT! bset luck to you too

oh short aditional explaination. 1st 2 vertical faces will it be. i think. upper right was a tes to have a more realistic face, but don't like it very much as i see it now. lower right just is crap.
and the thingies in the frame are brush, feather and palette as a rough idea for "artist-tool based" weapons.

as for ravens idea picked up, some medival/fantasy influence in them. any sugestions welcome. startin' my max now :)

coCoKNIght
03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
his name is so cool! :D (me speaky spanish)

Lemog
03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Muy bien senor... este trabajador tiene una buena cara...
y como nosotros, trabaja solamente de noche y tiene mismo pelos que yo... cuando tengo terminado con el ordenador (pero el tiene menos kilos a perder que yo).

Quiero mucho este diseno senor Sasha... :thumbsup:

alex.h.
03-24-2005, 05:08 PM
the servant is great, and the (weapons) is wery original. sone some 3d i hope ? see you mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
03-24-2005, 05:16 PM
talvez seria mejor para la ispiracion de nuestro querido sasha, si a partir de ahora, solo hablasemos español :scream:

Reverender
03-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Fantastic sketches. Can't wait to see some more work!

Borro
03-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Oooooh I just love the face of the servant... It looks awesome... Keep it up mate!

P.S. I hope you have alot of fun!!! Lot's of crit too(positive ofcourse :))

ArtisticVisions
03-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Wow Sacha, you should have entered the 2D Challenge, cause you sketches are awesome! :thumbsup:

If your models display the same amount of emotion and characters as your sketches do, this will definately be in the top 15. :)

ihamid
03-24-2005, 06:51 PM
thats a beautifull concept sketch........:). hmm it has a nice color appeal to it.

Kid-Mesh
03-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Your style is very stylized, unqiue and lends one to belive you are au fait in 3D modeling, cant wait to see that.

Geta-Ve
03-24-2005, 07:11 PM
ahh, very nice indeed. I love how your able to draw the same head many times with different expressions, that skill has always avoided me :D

Very very nice. Cant wait to see what you pull out with the modelling :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111695697_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111695697_large.jpg)

Buenos tardes, i started to model him,
just to show a bit progress, i post the basemodel.

method: spline/surface/polymodeling
modeling progress: just started :)

Virtuoso
03-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Boosters on...............Really nice expressive and emotional face Angel......And the modeling begins....off angel goes into that fastlane.....boosters on.This is a wonderful start you have going.......Keep it strong as you are and will continue to do so..........:arteest: :arteest:

Xiti
03-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Wow...I love this concept...you know my whole life I've always thought of me as the poor little white boy, who sits on the street side as the beautiful princess drives by in her limo and as she stares on the window somehow a reflection portrayls its way across a puddle in front of me and I always smile!!! I LOVE this Concept...Good luck to you!

eYadNesS
03-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Nice sketches you have did, I'm looking to see more from you :D
Good luck :)

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 08:46 PM
CCK: mui bien! jezz so rockt`s! goin loco with this scene :)
mejore para que el sasha hable inglés (o ése swiss-ingle's pobre) si usted quisiera que él todavía entendiera lo que estamos hablando sin mirar viejo, lol

Lolo Lemogez: (<---pwahahaha... uhm) muchos gracias! i might say : hay un poco todos nosotros en él:) deja para ir los plátanos...

Alex: Yep 3d 1st few clicks already posted. Thanks my friend, it's started :)

Amazing C: thanks mate :)

Borro: Likewise, yes mate! and i really love cg talk for this!

Artistic VIsions: naaaah, they would have beaten the shits outa me, no way to do a 50% work there and here in the short time between work n sleep and expect to finnish both on a halfsmart level :P thank you very much, and i'm working for that.

yunisrees: thank you very much!

Kid Mesh: ha, you're goin to be most active cgtalker in a few hours, thanks!

Geta-Ve: Hey thanks, just started the model :)

all over question: why him first? just cuz he is less work and if done, i can use as much time as possible on her, the set, the details. :)
More progress tonight. am soooo excited!!! best luck and all the fun to all of you!

TheFirstAngel
03-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Michael, Bro! I am with you too! hope i can hold the pace and actually have nuff N2O with me :)

Xiti: Who knows, i bet you'll find your princess someday. and then, she wont just drive by. Thanks a lot and good luck to you too

eYadNesS: thank you very much m'lady :) apreciates that. Looking forward to see more of yours too.

thasnks a lot and best luck to you!:wip: :wavey: :wip:

miketche
03-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Wow :thumbsup: Some really great characters you've got here. Nothing to critique. In fact I should just watch and learn from you.

Borro
03-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow now thats a "blitzschnell" update :). Modeling rating 20 of 10 :) Waiting for more...

dmonk
03-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Good start on the base mesh!

Geta-Ve
03-24-2005, 09:25 PM
fantastic! your definatly capturing the concept really well. This is going to be good I can tell!

Excellent job man (now I gotta get crackin!)

Antropus
03-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Great to see my challenge fellows here. Best of luck my friend :thumbsup:

uwil
03-24-2005, 10:53 PM
very nice start Sacha, good skethc too...keep up.

3dRaven
03-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Wow nice start on your model...I like the expression...U already got him prepared for mapping or is that a copy of the mesh on him??

Deadlyforce
03-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Mmmh...dropping by to check why there are so many replies in this thread.:D

Well, I like your concept. This is very classical but I love when it is so...
Good luck !

glim
03-24-2005, 11:14 PM
your last sktech is fabulos, i like it :thumbsup:

Kid-Mesh
03-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Kick ass base model...looking real good. Boy you gotta love spline modeling, its just so darn fast!

Goul
03-24-2005, 11:55 PM
This starting head is already great , nothing to crits yet
The mouth area is amazing :eek:

overcontrast
03-25-2005, 12:28 AM
wow seems like ur runnign my good man.... nice modeling... keep up the good works

jmBoekestein
03-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Very cool,

very quick too. I think this one will be very fun!:scream:

morgan
03-25-2005, 01:00 AM
:eek: Omg!! so many replies and views allready. My thread viewd about 40 times yet. Good start .

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 04:35 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111725303_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111725303_large.jpg)

Just a decent update, unwrapped him, goin for a lil z-brush session now.:)

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Oh my! wow, wo many answers!

Miketche: thank you very much. an just rying to do it as good as i can. and having much fun with it :)

Borro: thanks a lot mate! here's a little more. now a big step comes up with zb :)

Tony: Thanks you mate!

Geta_Ve: thanks a lot mate! took me twice as long to do a bad unwrapping than making the model. sigh... some things never change

Antropus: Thank you very much, Kris, and best luck to you too! (as if you needed that ;) lol)

3d Raven: Greg, the last shot was just a framed square, facemapped, a wearable fast way to show the wf. now its a normmap. but only to see if there'd be overcuts. thanks a lot, i'll keep rushing!

Deadly Force: Thank you, Sir. A classic... c'est un compliment de très extraordinaire, ca.

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Glim: thank you, it's just a little helper to clean out the visual aspects of his character in my confused mind. am so excited, and messing up tons of paper...

Kidmesh: yes it is. i use a mixed up technique going for the wf basecage with pure splines, but no interpolations, all edged. then close it all quads, lowpoly, convert it to poly, then just use meshtools to refine details. unwrap it, and define details in zb. i found out its the fastest way for me to work out quickly an idea. besides, i have a shitty pc, to work detailed, i always try to keep polycount as low as possible, and add all details required and the shapes of em, to keep required zb subdivs also as low as possible. forgotten details are pure pain in zb, cuz it takes way too many subdivs there to get em in place....

Goul: thank you, its only a base model. i am glad you like it :)

Overcut: yes yes yes, i always am in panic to run out of time, cuz honestly, i am much in love with details, so its always important for me to do bases as fast as possible. thank you, and likewise, good luck!

Jan Mark: lol, thanks mate, i'm just taking a lil cg-talk sightseeing now for a few mins and then back to the fastlane, and... of course its fun! and best: eastern, eggtexturing without unwrapping... :P

Morgan: add your tread into your signature, your tread is easier to find if someone wants to return the favour to write you a comment into it... thanks btw :)

You all, thank you for encouraging me, and your suggestions. I really really apreciate, and if you have anything you'd like to know, i always try to answer as good as possible.
Best luck and all the fun to you all, let it rock!:thumbsup:

Lemog
03-25-2005, 07:18 AM
Good starting Sacha... good ressemblance with the sketch... :buttrock:

Grimreaper1981
03-25-2005, 07:25 AM
very impressive start for 5 days of challenge...:thumbsup:

Neomage
03-25-2005, 08:04 AM
Amazing stuff, I love your style too. Has a lot of character :)

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

ace4016
03-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Pretty good start on the modeling. Looks like the 3d image just may look like your sketch.

3dRaven
03-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Wow nice ear model..I envy youre skill in that department :bowdown: Who's the fastard now eh? Already on to unwrapping.....chuck in the next gear and show us him brushed :D

keetmun
03-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Man I disapper for a while and look at your progress! That's a great start, you're really good.

Cheers

d-tox
03-25-2005, 09:28 AM
cool concept, and nice looking model so far.
Keep it up man!:applause:

gpepper
03-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Nice sketch, nice start with modeling ! It should be very cool !

markovicd
03-25-2005, 09:56 AM
zbursh it blah... :D , i have zbrush nowwwww.... lalalal :D

jddog
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Amazing caricatures and polygon modelling... I'm impressed... :applause:

jdd

DaddyMack
03-25-2005, 10:34 AM
You are a Machine!!! with most intriguing emotional capacitors...
We'll be chasing...

jmBoekestein
03-25-2005, 11:46 AM
VEry good modelling man!

I wonder what you'll do with Zbrush?

dmonk
03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Really nice dude!

Don't overdue it in Zbrush though, there is a slight cartoon quality about your work that really waorks. Too much detail might distract.

Keep it up dude!

eddieellis
03-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice modelling and your sketch is awsome

Kid-Mesh
03-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing what your going to do with Zbrush :) I like what I've seen done with and wish I could use it on my models now. But I dont have the time to learn and use it effectively for this contest. I'm defintley looking into it this summer though, defintley getting the DVD's from gnomon for it.

alex.h.
03-25-2005, 12:21 PM
great work angel, waiting for a great zbrush update. see you mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Neeno
03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
always love to watch you work...

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 02:04 PM
thanks for the repies, spent 19 hours on pc's yesterday to get stopped by a windows-crash
hahaha, zbrush beginns now. THanks all fun zbrush beginns now :)

uwil
03-25-2005, 03:34 PM
thanks for the repies, spent 19 hours on pc's yesterday to get stopped by a windows-crash hahaha, zbrush beginns now. THanks all fun zbrush beginns now :)

machine can't keep up with your speed...i guess. keep on. best of luck. :)

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111774276_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111774276_large.jpg)

hehehe, just started to brush him, not much done yet but i'll get his face done today i hope. just wanted to post it step by step so you can figure out the weird ways i work :)

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 06:19 PM
machine can't keep up with your speed...i guess. keep on. best of luck
this and i only could work only in the evening on it. been making some crappy webdesign / logoanimation stuff during the day... ya gotta make a living. after 9 hours of work, i came home and had to deal with a windows crash. hahaha. today was nicer, baby machine had good mood so far and done her part nice and smovely so far, am just having some zbrushfun and am enjoying a nice day, without "can you make that letter turn can you make this pic slide in..." ;)

abz
03-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Gosh.. i must say your work is amazing(to say the least).
I don't have words.....
I can only hope to reach your level of excellence in next birth only!!
Once again...You rule!!
Cheers!!

pigwater
03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
nice z'in there .. lookin fab, top notch:thumbsup:

Geta-Ve
03-25-2005, 06:48 PM
hmmm.... I dunno, maybe just cuz its early Z work but I liked him better when he was just plain modeled.. without the Z work. Just because he fit your concepts so well..

Just ill just have to wait and see how this will turn out.

Kid-Mesh
03-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Well because my interest that lie with Zbrush is strictly for texturing Im leaning towards the look. What is significant is how with zbrush Sacha was really able to show a guy in what seems to be his late 40's early 50's maybe. This is really good and your just getting started with it....please please show me why I need to drop the money down on ZBRUSH now! :scream:

ps
03-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Amazing model, great zscuplting :thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
03-25-2005, 07:22 PM
:eek: öhm, wow... .... öhm... WOW..........

EDIT: Although, at a second glance.... ... I actually have to say: WOW!!! :D

flaeticia
03-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Your concept is really interesting, and your modelling, is hallucinating of realism ! :thumbsup:

und3r
03-25-2005, 07:51 PM
It is getting better and better.
You make me wanna enter and try my craftship ( :> Yeah right !)

Virtuoso
03-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Coming along swimmingly Angel...........Looks like the actor Willem Dafoe a bit.........Thats a great thing.......It's an expressive face to begin with even without morphs and tweaks......Your hitting it just right on all cylinders....:arteest:.........P.S. Hows Zbrush,need any help?Just get to be at MSG......

3dRaven
03-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice brushing Sacha. Looks very convincing now :thumbsup: Hope your machine has a good mood for 50 days straight:)

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111789595_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111789595_large.jpg)

color and modeling are with zbrush in the same workstep, so i just started on a diffuse map. of course its far from finnished, but was simply more fun to brush on a colored guy... lol

Brushdays are nice. it goes ahead, ya don't stop....

oh, some of you might see the yballs don't fit 100% comes from i reduced the polys on them for the brushing. they'll be replaced by some that fit. and its not a real problem to tweak a level0 mesh there :)

Kid-Mesh
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Inspiring :thumbsup:

So tell me....whats the learning curve on ZBrush if all I want to do is use it to make displacement maps and bring them back into Lightwave?

Virtuoso
03-25-2005, 10:33 PM
hey slow down young man..........Give the rest of us a chance.......;) ......Nice color map by the way.......Just keep zooming along sacha.......just keep it in the fast lane.......:thumbsup:

rattlesnake
03-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey nice progress man!!...wow...this is going to be reall interesting

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Lemog, grimreaper, Neomage, James (superace), Greg (that thing smart with wings), Keetun, d-tox, greeper, Julien, Mack, Jan-Mark, eddie, Neeno:
ya simply flatten me with all that encouragement! Thanks ladies and gentlement!

Tony: Ill take care of it, well my zb technique is simple, first bump out the details, then smove em into place. may look radical in the beginning but it allows me to win out my bumpmap of it with 1 working step :)

Darko: Congrats on your new weapon of choice (zbrush rox. nothing to add. use it and get wild with it!!!)

Kid Mesh: learn it, its worth every sec. i'm not really using it efficiently i think, but its adding 200% speed to my workflow and best, texturing never was easier than if you see what you do.

Alex: am working on it... lol, was seduced by elektra and rush hour 2 this afternoon and was hangin with myfellas. Just for a few hours. But back to work already again and goin fast forwards!

Uwil: well, we all have the problem with the machine i guess. we all like to go faster, bigger, more complex... time will solve that luckily, someday, polycount and mapresolution shall not be the problem to hold us back anymore. break out the boundries of memory overflows and the slavery of resourcetroubles! uhm... sort of :)

dmonk
03-25-2005, 10:47 PM
The skin looks great, and you zbrushed it up just enough. Outstanding progress!

TheFirstAngel
03-25-2005, 11:04 PM
abz: Hey GIrl, its that simple. see, feel, and get used to the tools that let our dreams become visable. Dream-physicans we are... sort of :) shouldn't take another rebirth to let you aproach your dreams, just keep on it!

Piggy: thx mate, just am havin happy brushindays, this years my eastrereggs look strange :P

Geta: Tweaking wont be a problem cuz i anyways just work out bump and displacement here, so everything stays tweakable. :D and i'm trying to approach as good as possible to the mainconcept. and above :) thx for the crits.

Kidmesh: I'm using photoshpp7 and zb at the same time for texturing. rough colorong is faster in ps, fine and precise worx in zb. have em both open at the same time. zb rox royally, its the best max-plugin ever ;) seriously, cant stop the hymn, cuz i love the tool.

Piotr: Thanx Hellboy :)

CCK lol, wow wow wow yippie yo yippie ey.... öh. no, that's ace's song

Laeticia: Thank you very much. My style is sort of realistic toons, i'm building anatomically quiet detailed toons. because i think, there's no better way to have fun and freedom in style and still all favours of fx and expressions. THats what i try. Et merci pour les fleurs madame!

Und3r: you didnt enter yet? ha, it's about time, great party here goin' on, all french european, asian, african, downunder and all around the world celebrating some poly-symphony! time to join :D

Michael! I fixed my windows, took me long enough ans as well ZB and photoshop are running again smoovely. thank you very much and am unpatiently waiting for your wild crew to get their appearance!

Kid mesh:thats how i work. I simply make bump, diffuse and displacements with it, the rest is tweaking, using the maps as mask for example for a blendshader to tweak in specular levels... what you have to get handy with is import/export, brushing, projection master. thats what i use at the moment. of course, thats just not even a tiny piece of the huge potential the application has to offer. but I am a maxer so i don't care much bout the modeling or rigging process of zb :)

Hahaha, Michael, it's just warmup-time! in return to your fantastic ideas you mentioned on MSN before: Fly Michael FLy! let em come up, cant wait to see them!

Supersnake: thanks a lot bro! omg, i'm so excited! goin for a little challenge sightseeing now.

Tony! thaannks for all your great inputs!

You all rock royally! Best luck to all and keep it up!

Cheers!

Gamoron
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Looks like you have a lot of modelling to do for this. But looking at the head you've created you're obviously more then capable. Great character to him. Looks fantastic like that.

:Beer:

Geta-Ve
03-26-2005, 03:49 AM
nice man, what did you render that in? zb? thats coool. the only thing i see right now (though it still could be too early) is the eye lids look too flat to the face.. (if that makes sense?)

Anyways nice job so far :) keep it up man, :bounce:

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 03:54 AM
gamoron: thanks so i better push the speed...

Michael: Hey mate... bout the rendershot, lol, its just a lousy screenshot... haha, not even a shader, just was pleased he looks fleshcolored now. Simple me...
Eyelid: goin to check that. maybe just of the not fitting (15-20% too small eyeballs? shitty me forgot to make simular sized eyeballs (meshsmooth on half polyamount) before i exported, should have adjusted it in max...
thanks for the inputs!

alex.h.
03-26-2005, 05:10 AM
great update angel, this is going to end up as a master piece, see you mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Climax
03-26-2005, 05:47 AM
• Each post is getting better and closer to your goal my friend, keep going, at this speed you are gonna hit the final line very soon!!:bounce:

jayel
03-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Inspiring work! Amazing how much detail you're able to convey in geometry with little or no texture.
I'm subscribing to this thread.

arturro
03-26-2005, 08:46 AM
you're a great artist! I love him because of the emotions on his face. It's not hard to model a head i fyou have experience.. but it's not easy to model a head that lives. I don't know why, but I see that he's alive:twisted: The only small thing that I would work more on is the nose. The middle part looks a bit strange, I think that this line there is too strong.

good luck and waiting for more!

Kid-Mesh
03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Im enjoy pushing polies in Lightwave and would lean to use ZB more for the texturing process. After this contest I will proably by the Gnomon DVD's to get a handle on it so I can be ready for the next contest. I wish I had more time to learn it for this one though. Texturing is where Im going to hit a wall and slow down a bit.

Versiden
03-26-2005, 11:02 AM
wow, texturing already... damn that's quick

good work on the head model, very detailed and expressive... keep it up

markovicd
03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
heya .. skin looks little bit plastic! :D

jddog
03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
you modelling skills are simply amazing :applause: bravo !

jdd

Genesisa
03-26-2005, 12:42 PM
sacha you the best, the head looks great, im not learning zbrush so i dont have nothing to ask jejeje anyway, good luck man, nice to see you here.

good luck for everybody, have fun thats what matters

blackdragoncg
03-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Awsome work so far WOW!

I havent even got my concept sorted yet and you have already modeled this!!!

I gotta get busy

Bye:thumbsup:

Teyon
03-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Great Work So far. :) This is gonna be fun.

ninox
03-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Very good work so far. I really like your skteches. I am looking forward to see your girl in 3d.:rolleyes:

Good luck to u.

ninOx

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Alex: thanks i hope so! aight c ya soon! Just checked your progress, awesome start man!

Climax: I'm just bursting the speed to have all elements in place as fast as i can to have nuf time for make my beloved tiny lil details :) Thanks a lot omar!

jAYEL: THanks, its just a zb screenshot, its a special way to work, its "displacement based" detailing, so it's something like "paint the details into place". thanks for joining this lil ride :)

Arturro: but it's not easy to model a head that lives. true. and i set my main efforts not into a bombastic set with a heroic szenario, just a simple selfrefletion and humble dedication in loving memmory of my beloved godess, smiling down on her beloved artistss, when they starre at the fullmoon and are goin trough some artistic insomnia.
Thanks for the crits: nose is on my to fix list. goin to smoove it out a bit then. :)

Kid Mesh: Just keep it up mate, and hope the link to the practical guide i sent you helped. if not, just contact me over my msn. the1st_angel@hotmail.com

Versiden: Texturing and zbrushing are one step, at least for the color-/displacement-/masking-maps :) thanks a lot, i'll keep on it

Darko: of course the skin looks not like skin, its only a screenshot and its a colormap not a shader :P hahaha. its what i am looking at at the moment before i export it back to max and see the real result...

Julien: Grazie mille!!!

Genesia: Jesus! best luck in your 2d as well! I already suscribed there, keep it coming amigo loco!

Reinier
03-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey your are going great 1st_angel... BTW seeing the quality stuff being done in ZBrush this quick makes you think :D. What could it mean for me.

Keep going :)

~ RRRRrrrreinier

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Black dragon CG: I havent even got my concept sorted yet and you have already modeled this!!! I gotta get busy thats the point, hahaha, i better get busy as well now! lol, best luck and have fun too!

Tenyon: Thanks a lot, how are big guy and mr. smalls? hahaha, good to see ya here too!

Ninox: Hehe, looking forward to her too :scream: . Good luck to you too!

Reinier: cool name, forward and backwards. oh, yeah, ZB, is the speeddevil tool, but i'm still learning, and have to admit, my humble trys on it already bursted my speed 200%... what makes you think that? lol

Ok, out for now, gotta hurry hurry hurry!!! omg. too many great artworks, almost all friends in, and the treads are bursting. this must be the craziest challenge ever. feel seduced to go in 5d. i wont. bad idea. better try to finnish a nice 3d. thinking. yes. and now gotta get busy.!!! next update later today wish you all much fun!

jmBoekestein
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Great stuff allready!

I also think your highlights are too sharp, you probably knew. Could also be a bit too pinkish maybe. I can't wait to get modelling seeing this!

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111852597_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111852597_large.jpg)

since noone seemed being able to make out a difference in between a colormap and a shader, i made a quick testshader to see how it looks in max, this is the result and i'm working out the modelingflaws now. Just wanted to post this to show the "meaning" of my zb session :)

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
hope you like this shot better now :), now that it's a render- and not a screenshot. I'm still very unhappy with the nose and the ears, going to work that out now. ajusted the eyeballsize for this test as well. lids should look better. any c&c most welcome.

jmBoekestein
03-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Amen, I should read better before checking for the pixies!

Looks good, it looks like you painted in the SSS effects. Aren't you going to use it from your renderer? Leave more room to play I think, especially if you drastically change your lighting.

edit: damn you were posting right when I was, I was talking about the skin!

3dRaven
03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Man and how are we supposed to compete now ?? :shrug:<blown out of water>

Kid-Mesh
03-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Sacha - hope that when I start my texturing process its half as good, God knows Im gonna needs some tips :D

DimitrisLiatsos
03-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Me finds this guy very cool...i will wait though for more of your tests in order to give u some real feedback on this...keep crunching those polys :):bounce:

TheFirstAngel
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
jmBoekestein: it looks like you painted in the SSS effects. Aren't you going to use it from your renderer? Leave no sir, its just a an inverted falloff for transparency on a standart transluscent shader on 5%, might go for less. lol, sss takes too much time on my pc to render just for a test. i'm goin to make an sss shader when i finnished modeling and mapping.

3dRaven: Just equal time for all. And my work here is far from what it should look like, been watching way too much tv, playin soccer with neighbours kids, playing need for speed2... hahaha, and did way too much bla bla. (*work angel, work*)

Kid Mesh: need tips? ask! we're ALL here to learn, including me...

DimitrisLiatsos: Chief rocka Dimi, thats what i'm a goin to do now. me sa very confusd all the time. thats why asking lot bout my progress... cheersos!

Ok, back with a real update later today :)

ArtisticVisions
03-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Great modeling and wicked texturing :thumbsup: (judging from all the amazing Z-Brush modeling I see going on in this Challenge, I think I need to look into it...).
Only C&C I have on it (besides the ears) is that the upper lip looks a little odd.

Gunilla
03-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Great work and a thread filled with usefull stuff. I'm really glad I found it - will follow with joy and learn a lot here :thumbsup:

javaejderi
03-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Salute First Angel,
Your modelling skills are at the top levels, thanks for me learning from you by observing your modellings even in this forum...You have touched the feminine and soft side of the main concept, I think you have to go on this way, using softer colours, softer lines, softer materials etc... to have the success...The model is a bit hard looking I think which may be in contradiction with the general mood...

Reinier
03-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok thats it! i'm going to learn ZBrush when i'm less busy. Keep those updates coming. The face is coming along nice.

~ R

jmBoekestein
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Not to dilute from your work, but you invert a fall off sourced from what and into what? I've never thought of using that! I wouldn't have dreamed to get a scatter effect with standard 3ds max shaders! Respect man, really inventive!:eek:

Geta-Ve
03-26-2005, 10:20 PM
nice, cant wait for your next update... Im gonna read through the practical guide and see what I can make of it.. (in between modelling that is)

Great job.

markovicd
03-26-2005, 10:28 PM
man so fast , so good! :)

3dRaven
03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Nice technique to battle SSS Sacha.
Gotta test it out once I'm finished on my diffuse map :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
03-26-2005, 11:35 PM
You got nitro in those Zbrush brushes dont you?You can tell me,common Sacha........Fastlane only for you,and doing it with style.........:cool: :arteest:

Tremoside
03-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Smooth job! Everithing on the way again...of course we're witing for the girl too heh...

eddieellis
03-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Love the texture mate.... good job, keep up the good work

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 02:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111891609_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5676/5676_1111891609_large.jpg)

to explain what this funny hairstyle is about: i just painted the hairmask, thats basically where hairs will appear, also its a blendshader mask for having hair on eybrows and so on. the lengths now get defined with splines, and for the main hairgroups, i assign each individual submaterial ID's. i have to admit he looks silly at the moment. but i thought in manner of a complete documentation, this would be important too.

dmonk
03-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I know it's early on and your working on it, but the eyebrows look a little funky.
I'm sure your gonna work on it.

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Heyas helas buenos tardes boa noite dobru noc, hello!

been concentrating on work for a while and came to watch this for a fe mins now.

Artistic visions. Thanks a for the sugestions. I'll clean him out later tonight finally, felt like looking this way and had some fun. hair is not defined yet but at least painted the placement.

Gunilla: thank you very much. well, a challenge is the best thing for a learning process, and i love it. cuz i learn a lot as well, clad you like my little work :)

J++ Dragon: First, thank you very much. About trhe male and female aspects, thats absolutely correct, i am actually trying to find a nice ballance, a rough and still nice artist and his goddess, smoove n shining, and the light of the final shot will be focussed on her "godly apearance" working with some nice glow and particles... Thanks a lot for yyour thoughts and inputs.

Renier: Thanks a lot. You'll see ZBrush is great :)

Geta-Ve: thanks a lot! and wish you much fun with it!

Darko: thanks mate!

Virtuoso: Michael, I just am so happy to do it thats all. and for the speed, there are way faster modelers than me that make way less mistakes, YOU for example :) hahaha. knowin you!

Tremoside: Yeah, the girl will be my "reward", keep the best for last ;) just kidding. Waiting for her too lol. thaks mate

Eddie: THanks a lot!

Jan-Mark: ok here's the shader how it works. I select a transluscent shader. I put a bitmap (call it diff.jpg now) into:
diffuse color.: diff.jpg 75-100%
specular color: diff.jpg 35-50%
specular level: copy of bumpmap, (might tweak the whitheamount with menthod i describe)
opacity: fresnel falloff, swap black and white, 2-5%
Transluscent color: diff.jpg 25-30%
bump: mixmap ---> cellular, fractal 3 lvls, (black and white also swapped to have white cells, black outs) size 0.2 / painted bumpmap from zbrush mix amount by taste
Reflection: fall off fresnel,

a trick to tweak b/w bitmaps in max is:
get bitmap into new map--->bitmap
new map---->mix
keep old map as submaterial
drag it into mixamount, select swap
now you can adust the white or black like photoshops levelcorrection
for colored bitmaps its not required to swap, just keep it iin the slot, set the other color to white, black grey, whatever, play with the mixamount so you have a saturation controll or brightness controll with the same trick :)

i don't have any pure"bitmaps" in my mat editor, i am used to make things ajustable, almost all maps i use are mixmaaps and blendshaders.
hehe, just one of my tricks :P keep it up mate hope someone else finds this usefull as well.

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:20 AM
I know it's early on and your working on it, but the eyebrows look a little funky.
I'm sure your gonna work on it.
hahaha, the whole hair looks funky, 100% undefined and at the moment looks like wolverine on anorexia nervosa...:blush:

but i shall change that in the next 24 hours for sure :wip:

ace4016
03-27-2005, 03:21 AM
That explains why you fairy in your mini-challenge had such bad hair. Hope to see fixed hair soon. What are you using for hair exactly?

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:31 AM
That explains why you fairy in your mini-challenge had such bad hair. Hope to see fixed hair soon. What are you using for hair exactly?

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/angel_sr/html/content/3d/wip/fairytale/13_lenka03_lighthair.jpg
that bad??? i just forgot to ajust the ponytail , but i dont think its THAT messy.... just unfinnished

yeah the 1st version was just the lengthmap, thats all. i adjusted that on this post above... maybe i shouldnt have rendered it on a black background... is it that bad?:cry: i'll take up work on it if i find some time the next days if possible... maybe with a hairy update then...

I use shaghair for hair and i like it, cuz it is a dynamic hairsystem wich lets hair react physically on movements of the emitter (girl in this case)...
sigh, see? still so much to work at.... so much to learn... never nuf time :banghead: :argh: :banghead:

ace4016
03-27-2005, 03:39 AM
I dont think you posted a finsihed version because it wouldnt render. Hair looks a lot better. The hair wasnt bad, just unorganized.

Kid-Mesh
03-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Wow that model from the mini contest is adorable :D

There is always something in here from me to be impressed by, I cant wait until I reach your level of modeling and texturing....one day...its coming.

In regards to your last update (Hairy boy), LOL you remind me of my self because that is something I would have posted for sh!ts and giggles just to keep it loose. Your confidence is more than evident, nice work Sacha!

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:49 AM
yeah, i overkilled myself there. was simple: half of the backgroundtrees were vraydisplacement. on splinebuilt trees, and the grass was shaghair and 3 particlesystems. and thousants of leafes, instance geometry. ultrahigh polycount. Vray crashed max when i started rendering. i tried render out passes. after only the gnome took me 4.5 hours, to render out, i gave up.I propably split up the scene, flush the sitty forest and finnish each component as single characterworks, later... depends on how much time and motivation i find to get back to it...

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:59 AM
thanks Kidmesh, i needed that. i am very overtired, don't remember to have gotten more much sleep tis week yet. so i'm overtired and feel a bit like him now. just look worse hahahahah.
uhm yeah. thanks for the crackup. and ace, thanks for crits. Just wanted to explain the workflow though...

BernardoDelgado
03-27-2005, 04:38 AM
great modeling skills man, I wish I could model like that , keep it comming:applause:

JHarford
03-27-2005, 04:40 AM
Good work man, Nice stylish looking head. The hair doesn't look so bad, but i'm on a dark monitor :). Look forward to next update

cg219
03-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Good work. I like the texture. The hair....well its still ealy. :D I do like the facial hair though( Sideburns,hair leading into the beard.) Keep up the good work.

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 05:07 AM
Bernardo D: muchos gracias! I think you are not on a different level yet, also, you are a great concept artist. I like your work too, and thanks for the compliment.

Stripe: hair will get directions and lengths tomorrow. sort of sending him to the hairstylist. :D thanks a lot.

CG219: Thank you, I'll post the next update aftr alittle sleep. its 06am here and i almost fall off my chair status:braindead. thanks a lot, ill be back :)

Thank you all and best luck, off to bed for now, keep it up and loadsa fun everyone!

Neeno
03-27-2005, 05:09 AM
1st angel dude this is really kewl man.. really impressed i think we know whos gonna take this one out nice and easy ;) tope stuff dude :thumbsup: honestly

3dRaven
03-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Great update Sacha. Gotta get some shag hair tips from you when were done with the challenge (I barely got mine to look as it does)

ssjgogetta
03-27-2005, 08:20 AM
:applause: Wow :applause: Pretty good stuff!

arLutiK
03-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow, very nice modeling. :applause:

abz
03-27-2005, 10:43 AM
:applause: ..........i needn't explain.
I wish to know if there are any tutorials on modelling on-line(in english...please).
Also I'll appreciate if you can have a look at my entry...there is nothing much to show.. but i needed suggestions.
Thanks!!
Cheers!!

My Entry (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=222787)

kmest
03-27-2005, 10:47 AM
hey sacha,,nice to C U here....cool start...nice model....

i realy loved what you were making on MACHINEFLESH......and this one will be nice too....

Forward 2 C more...& good luck:thumbsup:

coCoKNIght
03-27-2005, 02:05 PM
The hear's looking good but someplaces it's hard to tell cause of the dark background... or maybe they need to reflect stronger, or maybe it's just because of the fast render... I'd try to use fewer beard hear and less spread to the sides. Don't overdo it. But it's acually looking fine already! :thumbsup:

alex.h.
03-27-2005, 02:29 PM
love it, dont look silly at all. see you friend and :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hooch
03-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Great work mate!, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. :thumbsup:

good luck. :)

orion 77
03-27-2005, 02:32 PM
looking good mr diener :).

splotch
03-27-2005, 03:00 PM
glad to see you here boy....
Awsome as usual frien i love your work

goooooood luck and waiting for more

abz
03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Thank you so much......I am still not very clear.... but i think i am getting somewhere.
Thanks for the help....(I'll keep asking for it).
Take care. :)

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Hello!

Neeno: thank you very much. :)

3d raven: i maybe make a little tutorial, and post it here, if i find time for it. if you have questions, contact me over msn. :)

ssjgogetta:thanks.

Arluttik: thanks, appreciates. :)

ABZ: Hi good Girl, already went visiting your work. as i try to do so with all ppl i meet in here or around. it's almost impossible to do it allover in time, cuz its almost bursting in here! hope my little suggestions help you to get your vision in place :)

Kmest: Hi Mohammad! thanks my friend, likewise, your sketches look more than promissing! looking forward to your entry's progress as well!

Fabian: am playing hairdresser today... hahaha. sort of :) i'll give my best. thanks for sugestions! i know he looks like an underweighted wolverine at the moment... lol

Alex: thanks my friend. am checking yours in a few minutes as well. see you there!

hooch: thank you and best luck to you too.

orion: Thanks Jon.

Reda: oh boyyy, haha, thanks you my friend! was about time you show up ;) goooodluck to you too and i'll visit you and D2 in a few mins too!

you all rock and i wanna thank you for your great support and encouragements. best luck to all and loadsa fun!
cheers

jddog
03-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I jealous about your modelling skills... Sacha
wonderful style, this come really nice out :applause:
:wip:
jdd

Tremoside
03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Pretty cool haircut on the last update. Amazing working progress! Keep this quality!

and have good weekend!

ps
03-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Looks better and better evry time I came here :thumbsup:.

Virtuoso
03-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Whats all this talk of "blendshader mask's"..........Sounds like some rocket science convention........Do you work 24/7..........On super booster power all the time......:wip:

i'll be watching......you know that dont you?;)

gra7
03-27-2005, 08:59 PM
uouuu !!! very goodd !!
waiting to see morree ! good luck ! :thumbsup:

Nazirull
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
I admire you

mireneye
03-27-2005, 09:06 PM
This is beginning to take shape nicely, What application are you working with?
Jolly good luck!

3dRaven
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
A tut would be nice Sacha :thumbsup: I'll try and get MSN working (threw it out after XP installed)

Versiden
03-27-2005, 09:42 PM
very nicely done.. the hair is great, what are u using btw? shag?

excellent as always, waiting for more

Borro
03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Thats great man... Excellent work so far... the test shader looks nice, but as the name says it's just test lol... The female model - now thats gorgeous :). I love your females :)))) So no crits so far and I'm waiting to see the hair finished :)

chino
03-28-2005, 02:54 AM
hey man nice to see you again good luck