PDA

View Full Version : alternative to weights painting?

Remmers
03-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I been trying to painting weights on my model but it does'nt work, it just deform my geometry all the time is the any other ways of fixing the skelleton rigging it didnt work just to bind the skin. I used a smooth bind if that matters.

Remmers
03-21-2005, 02:27 PM
the mesh is quite hi res made with polygons and is mostly one object but some thihngs like face features and wings are there own obejcts.

StuartVarrall
03-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure I understanding your question... How exactly are you going about the smooth bind process, sounds like your doing something wrong in there somewhere? Maybe some screenshots will clear up the confusion.

It's best to delete the history on a mesh before binding it if you haven't done so. Also have you got any deformers on the mesh, if you don't manage the order in which the skin effects the mesh then you can run into problems.

stu

Remmers
03-21-2005, 05:15 PM
if you don't manage the order in which the skin effects the mesh then you can run into problems.

I thought you just selectet the skeleton and the body and binded them together do you have to bind jonit per jont?
(the body is one object)

GlenGramling
03-21-2005, 08:04 PM
it is a much more tedious approach but perhaps you want to research Rigid binding, using Flexors and influence objects. you can find tons of tutorials on the subject.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.