PDA

View Full Version : Question about Handheld Camera look

Cosmonova
03-21-2005, 03:54 AM
Hi there, I'm new to the forums, so I apologize if this has been answered already.

You know you've seen it in all those hip motion graphics videos, does anyone how to sketch a motion path for a camera, or some other way to give it that hand held look besides keyframing every 1-2 frames differently? It seems sort of silly that I can't sketch a motion path for a camera, and that I'd have to do this sort of thing frame by frame.

Ian Jones
03-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Here's an example file showing you how you can use expressions to drive 3D camera positions based upon a motion sketched 2D Null object helper layer. Downlaod the attachment and rename the extension to *.aep

artisanfx
03-21-2005, 11:26 AM
there is a nice effect using motion sketch "Window/motion Sketch" setup the speed your want to capture from the mouse
i preffer for 75 % then
select the layer you want to apply and then goto the timeline where it will start and click start capture on the popupmenu in after effect go to the view and start in the midpoint of your comp display "click and hold left mouse button" and scroll arround a bit in the screen like it holds a camera in the hand

after smooth the keys with easy easy if your like

hope that helps ya :)

Ian Jones
03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
artisanfx, you can't motion sketch a 3D layer. It causes an error. That's why I posted my example file with a null object, animated with motion sketch and then driving the position parameters of the 3D camera.

artisanfx
03-22-2005, 07:37 AM
yes you right
I forget to say that you can after select all the keys and copy past it to your camera
or just make a hole precompose and make this effect at another comp

sorry for the missing info

nattnewman
03-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this will help, or is anything that hasnt already been said...but recently i wanted to do a similar thing and just motion tracked a handheld panning shot and applied the motion to my video. That was about the bare bones of it, hope this might help in some way: just my two cents :)

:beer:

Nathan

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2005, 10:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.