PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! MoonShot!:Stefan Morrell(Fantasy)

Stefan-Morrell
03-21-2005, 02:44 AM
Okay,here's my entry,I've never tried these challnges before & nor have I done a hell of a lot of animation,(took me all day yesterday figuring out how to work Video post in max,lol)

I'll be entering as Fantasy

The concept is the ISS(International Space Station) is still in operation & nearing it's 100 year anniversary,rather than being a science based envronment the space station has been overhauled as a launching area for trips to the moon.
The ISS through a hundred years of service has taken on an apearance of a mish-mash of technolgy

the models to be built are the space station,the moon transport,..possibly another station orbiting the moon & probably a moon station/base lit up like a christmas tree done as matte painting for the final fly-by shot

here's a link to my first video shot,I'll be comping the ship & station in later with fx

http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/polycount3d/Comp 3.mov

(a bit dissapointed none of the stars I worked so hard on are not visible in this shot)

I bought particle illusion a few days ago and was hoping to use it here but have just realised there's no smoke in space:scream: ..maybe I'll find a use for it somewhere else.

good luck to everyone who enters!

Cheers
Stefan

admiraligor
03-21-2005, 02:58 AM
wow man! Looking awsome! Looks a bit like the station I have made for my entry :)

tdamcbigity
03-21-2005, 09:19 AM
My only suggestion, as much as it's worth, would be to bring the cloud shader/texture a bit closer to the surface of the earth, or change it's transparency. It just seems a bit apparent to me that it's another "3d sphere" overlayed on top of the earth's globe. Does that make sense? Other than that, it's a well design camera move. Good work, quite solid!

Stefan-Morrell
03-21-2005, 04:19 PM
tdamcbigity,I agree about the clowd shader,there's also an atmosphere layer in there that may need boosting up a but.

..here's some texture progress on the ISS

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 04:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.