PDA

View Full Version : Rendered movie is missing chunks of audio

Savage_Henry
03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi guys,
I already did a search for the problem I've having but didn't really see anything that was applicable.

Basically we've finished editing our short film on FCP HD, but after rendering the project we noticed the quicktime file was dropping pieces of audio. Music, voice, sound effects, they all go missing. We're using around 16 tracks of audio with cross fades and the like. We're also editing straight from a Maxtor 250gig external drive. We don't really have the room to move the whole project to the editing system or else we would. this is the final cut of the film and the first time we've laid down the original score. On the previous versions we;ve rendered everything came out just fine.

So my question then is:
Is there a way to get past this audio drop? Is there a step we're missing before rendering? Some way to compile all the audio into one track to avoid these pieces dropping out? We're screening the film today and I'm kinda sweating over here!

Thanks in advance for any help.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.