PDA

View Full Version : Free Mocap Data

Alchemist3D
03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Here's a link to some free MOCAP courtesy of the Carnegie Mellon University Graphics Lab and the US tax payer: http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/subjects.php

Unfortunately, since it's not bvh or fbx format, you will probably have to convert it. I haven't had time to try it yet, but Motionbuilder is supposed to be able to import *.c3d files. Anyone who has experience with handling this kind of data, please feel free to chime in.

Even if you can't use the MOCAP data directly, they also have video and animations that you can use as references for the motions.

Mods, what about a MOCAP resources sticky?

- Mike

TranquilBoy
03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Yes, it's possible to import that data in motionbuilder, I've tried that before.
But it's rather raw mocap data, so you've to clean it up(tidious..) and assign it to a rig before you could use it directly. I think that is something only possible in the Pro version of Motionbuilder.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.