PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Bone Questions

Zarathustra
03-20-2005, 04:40 PM
How can I have Layout default to having Bone X-ray on?

Why is it that when you turn bones off, the bone you had selected before isn't the one selected after?

T4D
03-21-2005, 12:07 AM
How can I have Layout default to having Bone X-ray on?

i would love this but seems the NT prefer it not a standard setting on the config :sad:

Why is it that when you turn bones off, the bone you had selected before isn't the one selected after?

why can't you select nulls and bones at the same time ?
why can't you animate bone strenght ?
why can't you use expressions correctly after IK ?
why can't you animate large numbers of IK chains without LW slowing down

bone selection is a smaller bug NT's working on it, maybe in LW 8.3 :shrug:

ercax
03-21-2005, 03:29 AM
It is anoying I know. I use a keyboard shortcut('x' key so my dumb brain can remember).

you can create a scene with your default settings and later use that scene file (double click and good luck) to start lightwave.

it works on pc and it should work on mac too.
you might want to have the scene file somewhere in your content dir.

adrencg
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
why can't you animate bone strenght ?

:shrug:

I know this one would solve many of my problems. Would this be so hard to implement? EVERYTHING should be animatable or have an envelope.

Mike

..and by the way, I just found that using too many exclamation marks in my post might offend someone who may be sensitive to multiple exclamation marks. In the future I will be more courteous.

Zarathustra
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
ercax - your idea is nice, but it doesn't solve the bone x-ray issue

Animatable bone strength. I thought of that before, too. Yeah, why can't we have that? Do other apps?

Excessive punctuation isn't as bad is TYPING IN ALL CAPS.
Actually, it would be nice to see some better punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. Gotta be careful, Policarpo got temporarily banned for pointing out grammar errors.

Today's lesson: The semicolon ";"
Used to connect closely related clauses, especially if each clause has a lot of punctuation.
Examples:

I enjoy using Lightwave; however, it can really frustrate me sometimes.
or
Lightwave has many great aspects like a superb modeler, unlimited render nodes, and a great morphing system; but bugs and limitations like a recent Follower issue, sporadic crashing from bone tools, lack of animating bone strength and no n-gons are frustrating issues.

Now run out there and use your semicolons :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 06:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.