PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for particles in Vue ?

paulselhi
03-20-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't think infinite has them and this would make a great addition to the vue products...(and perhaps SIK and dynamics while were at it!!)

Dale B
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Particles, volumetric clouds, and an integrated weather system are the 3 top requests.

At the moment there is one small company, WierdJuice Software, that has written a Python applet called Metaform that a few of us are agitating for them to attempt to port over to the Python enabled versions of Vue. What is so impressive about this applet is that it was made to create metablob effects in -Poser-....which has nothing like geometry creation capabilities. It takes quite some time to actually render any effects, due to the lack of network rendering, but credible fire, smoke, and other fluid effects have been created using this applet, and it is capable enough to allow any surface to be defined as an emitter, deflector, or collider. Combined with any form of decent shader system, and you have some real potential for flowing water in the terrain, as well as other effects, like rain that actually falls and bounces off existing geometry. Wether it would be fast enough to be more than a toy is another matter....

My personal hope is that, with the new memory management and existing metablob functionality in Infinite, it will be easier to implement such a system; if not by E-on, then one of the other 3rd party software developers.

paulselhi
03-20-2005, 10:27 PM
sounds interesting and with other apps doing the reverse, that is having plugins for landscapes and trees, vue may well loose out if it doesn't get a good particle systemI mainly use cinema 4d and terragen with a free plugin, in my opinion terragen is a class above vue when it comes to photo real renders but it lacks veg etc (Though a new release is due out soon promising all sorts of goodies), however with cinema 4d i can add veg (3rd party), particles dynamics and Ik ( amongst others)

max LW and maya are all well served with landscape generation plugins though of course cost is an issue

I tried out vue some years ago and was impressed with it's capabilities ( not it's stability !!) however terragen being free sort of hijacked my attention. Tthe new features in infiniite look very interesting

richcz3
03-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I think what Vue brings to the table is focused product that gives immediate results. It also include a number of import export features.

I can create sand dunes with sand drifts or mountain scapes with various snow levels in LW, but tweaking 100-1000's of different values can consume allot of time. I also have to consider poly counts. Vue looks to use software instancing that allows the display and rendering of millions of polys in scenes that would regularly choke most 3D apps. As long as Vue continues to innovate, produces high quality renders, and supports other 3D packages, it will have a place in production pipelines.

youandwhosarmy
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
There's also this python plugin for Poser, Particles 2.0

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3019

Surely there's some Python genius out there who could create something like this for Vue?

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.