PDA

View Full Version : Image sequence import problem in Combustion 3

Masquerade
03-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi,
Recently I realized this really odd thing, that I can not open any image sequence in combustion 3 which is installed on my notebook. The image sequences that I try to open are perfectly fine and I can open and edit them in any other combustion installed any other computer. When I try to open them in my notebook, it displays "file corrupt" comment on the thumbnail of the collapsed sequence. But when I try to open eache image seperately there is no problem.

Here is what I tried to solve the problem:
1. uninstalled and reinstalled combustion 3 (several times)
2. uninstalled every windows update
3. I made a comparison with another workstation which has no problem, and uninstalled every additive software installed on my notebook.
4. installed available updates of combustion. (3.0.3 and 3.0.4)
5. Insanely looked over the net for a clue of solution.

Here is my spec.
Toshiba Satellite MX113
Centrino 1.6
512 mb Ram
40 gb hdd
Ati radeon 9700 64 mb grap. card
Windows XP Home edition

Any help will be great. Thanks.

Shaun_michael
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Hi there,

I had a very similar problem quite some time ago, and the solution that worked for me was ensuring that all the names of the folders in the directory tree to where you're storing your sequences must be "normal".

For example:-

I had my Lightwave renders going to a folder within the default Lightwave installation directory. This was called c:...\Lightwave [8]\...

Moving the images onto a folder on the desktop (just to ensure a totally simple pathname) corrected the problem instantly. Combustion may well not like certain characters in your folder names, but other programs might not mind.

Hope that helps.

Shaun

Masquerade
03-25-2005, 10:03 AM
You are a hero! It is just because of the [] characters. If u use any of them in your folder, combustion can not import any sequence files in that folder. But it can import anything else. Strange, but true...

Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2005, 10:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.