PDA

View Full Version : Glow / Shine Effects

kh44na
03-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello!

I'm working on an introduction animation for an event. I've got my background animation done and ready, but now I want the logo to appear onto that background animation in an appealing, slick, cool looking way.

I've seen many kinds of effects - but I have to say the most beautiful ones are when there is a huge shine of light or glows from which the text appears (or the logo appears).

The light begins off as very abstract, and then shapes itself into the logo, and then abstractly fades away. I want the logo to stay in screen for about 10 or 15 seconds, but during those 10 or 15 seconds, I want the logo to have highlights and shines moving over the logo and its edges (so that during this duration the screen looks like its moving).

Does anyone know if I can find tutorials to acheive these kinds of effects? Or if you have tutorials for OTHER EFFECTS which may also look slick/cool - could you direct me to them?

Thanks a lot! and Thanks in advance!

Ian Jones
03-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Check out the tute links at the top of the forum, there are plenty of cool effects. Especially the AyatoWeb ones.

Fuxianer
03-21-2005, 02:05 AM
You can achieve good results with Trapcodes Shine Plugin, combined with mesh distortion or similar effects to manipulate the light beams.
Check this site out for more tuts http://www.creativecow.net/articles/aftereffects.html. Doesn't really have one for what you are exactly looking for but heaps of similar stuff like creating smear effects with vector paint or creating liquid light effects.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 02:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.