PDA

View Full Version : Which external hardware device for Rotoscoping in Shake?

Videoguy
03-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I am getting more into shake and am half way through the official Apple Pro Training series book published by Peachpit Press.

I am beginning to get my head around Rotoscoping, though I understand I will have to buy something that is going to be a little bit more accurate than a standard mouse right?

The only company I am familiar with is Wacom, who make these tablet type drawing devices with a pen-mouse. Is this what I will need for paining one frame at a time in a Rotoscoping environment in Shake?

I was told that the Apple iPod adverts used frame-by-frame Rotoscoping techniques to paint in the dangling headphone wires going to the iPod, well this is the kind of Roto work I'm going to be experimenting with.

Any advice, models, size etc on what I need will be greatly appreciated as I move into unfamiliar waters.

Cheers.

beaker
03-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I use a 6x8 with shake and it works pretty good.

When I mentioned using rotoscoping for doing the wire in the ipod adverts, I meant using rotoshape, not painting them. You want to animate a Rotoshape for the wires and just fill that with white and over that on the comp.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2005, 07:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.