PDA

View Full Version : how do you render from the command line

mushkin
03-19-2005, 05:11 PM
3.5 ver

I am reading the manual and I am a Home user so I never knew this was faster I just use file out node's

I do not under stand the manual can someone plz tell me now to render from the command line?

A how too for stupid people :cry:

were do we go for shake 4 info? date?

Thanks

Maxim
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
open a terminal and type:

wherever_shake_is/shake -exec wherever_script_is/my_script.shk -v

you have to enter the full path.
this should render all file-out-nodes in "my_script.shk". the option -v will show you the rendering time for every frame.

other useful options i use:
"-vv" shows progress of rendering
"-cpus 2" uses two cpu's
"-proxyscale Base" disables the proxies, and use base quality
"-t 1-100" overrides the timerange of the script with your new settings, here frame 1-100

good luck

mushkin
03-23-2005, 02:53 AM
ok, Let's say the script is called test. and the file out node is test.

what would the line look like?

shake 3.5/shake -exec test/test.shk -v

? Do I need to add a file out none or something it is telling me do I want to make it absolute or some thing like that... I do not under stand :cry: :banghead:

Maxim
03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
i think it is possible to add a file-out-node in the command line, but it would make it more complicated.

let's do it the easy way:
you build a script in shake, make some fancy compositing and at the end you add a file-out-node. there you tell shake where to render the files in whatever format you like to. in the globals you enter the timerange. now you have a working script. save this script at :
/usr/local/shake35/scripts/test.shk
exit shake. open a terminal.
enter :
/usr/local/shake35/bin/shake -exec /usr/local/shake35/scripts/test.shk
press enter. this should start rendering the file- out-node in the script called test.

the path could be different on your machine. i'm working under linux, but you should be able to translate it to your pathsettings.

i hope this helps.

DiGiman
04-16-2005, 01:50 AM
What about saving a shake script file from the command line? Lets say I just created some fancy little comp in the terminal, and I want to save it into a script file to play with in the GUI. Is it possible?

beaker
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
What about saving a shake script file from the command line? Lets say I just created some fancy little comp in the terminal, and I want to save it into a script file to play with in the GUI. Is it possible?Direct from the manual(that you should have searched before asking on the forum, btw):

You can save a script from the command line with the -savescript function: shake truck/truck.iff -outside truck/sign_mask.iff -over truck/bg.iff -savescript toto.shk

mushkin
05-18-2005, 04:03 AM
What am I Doing Wrong??<?<?<?<?<

My script name is fallen.shk and PI have saved it to the destopi so WTF?

help me I am retarded

Last login: Tue May 17 06:03:07 on console
c-66-177-33-202:~ Strosek$ user/strosek/desktop-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk
-bash: user/strosek/desktop-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk: No such file or directory
c-66-177-33-202:~ Strosek$ /usr/local/shake35/bin/shake-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk
-bash: /usr/local/shake35/bin/shake-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk: No such file or directory
c-66-177-33-202:~ Strosek$ user/strosek/desktop-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk
-bash: user/strosek/desktop-exec/user/strosek/desktop/scripts/fallen.shk: No such file or directory
c-66-177-33-202:~ Strosek$

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2005, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.