PDA

View Full Version : Can V5I be used to create hair?

rich novak
03-19-2005, 03:34 PM
What do you think?

Eisbaerchen
03-19-2005, 03:47 PM
thats a definite "no" to my opinion

Mike.H
03-19-2005, 05:20 PM
i would have to say, "ehm yeah, probably" :)

What i mean is that the ecosystem has the functionality to do it (especialy combined with python scripting), but what kind of quality are you looking for and what kind of hair style, thats the question.

Basic funky/fantasy/weird looking hair: yes that should be possible

Silky looking lifelike hair: if itīs even possible im not sure itīs even worth the trouble.
just my opinion tho, looking forward to hearing more about it(who knows someone might already have tried it succesfuly)

ps: system has failed has been out for some time so itīs time to update your signature :)
Btw, what did you think of it?

rich novak
03-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the imput. I was thinking, if V5I can render "billions of polygons" and there's custom shader options, it's probably just a matter of time before they figure out hair.

You're right, I haven't even looked at my sig in ages. TSHF rules. I have to say it's probably my favorite Deth album. Even my J-Lo listening wife is now a Megadeth fan and is talking about going to a concert.

Blaufeld
03-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Have you turned a J-Lo listening wife into a Megadeth fan? :O

TEH POWER OF LOVE!

:D

Mike.H
03-20-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah itīs a nice album and a great "comeback", props for getting your wife enjoying it :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2005, 10:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.