PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever RMA'd a PNY Quadro?

MaDSheeP
03-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Hey everyone, I have a new 980XGL that is toast, DOA. I'm not sure if where i purchased the card would prevent PNY from allowing me to RMA it.

I purchased the card on EBay, the card was a sealed and in its retail box.

While i would assume purchasing it off Ebay would exclude me from being able to RMA it, i figured i would ask and try my luck =)

Thanks for any help =)

mstieber
03-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi MaDSheeP,

I have RMA'ed a PYN Quadro 1000 before. The Quadro department was nice and tried to help me solve the problem before they realized it was not working properly. If I remember correctly, they did ask to supply a copy of the receipt. I don't know if they will help you out without one but hopefully they will.

imashination
03-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone, I have a new 980XGL that is toast, DOA. I'm not sure if where i purchased the card would prevent PNY from allowing me to RMA it.

I purchased the card on EBay, the card was a sealed and in its retail box.

While i would assume purchasing it off Ebay would exclude me from being able to RMA it, i figured i would ask and try my luck =)

Thanks for any help =)

Send it back to the ebay guy?..... Many places won't rma a product under 30 days old, they tell you to send it back to where you got it.

MaDSheeP
03-19-2005, 09:36 PM
Actually, its quite a long story, he sent me another Quadro 980 that works just fine, i sent back the dead one via USPS, he never picked it up, after a month, it came back to me,

sent it then via UPS, they kept trying to deliver it again, he never picked it up (he said he isn't at home durring the day)

so, after another month i got it back. i sent it back again via UPS or something, and told him this is the last time... i never got an e-mail back from him... a month later, its back at my house

and it has been quite a long time, i e-mailed him a few months ago asking him if he still wants the card back, and no answer... working address, just no answer

But, the cards to carry a 3 year warranty from PNY, so i thought i might be able to exchange it with them for a new one.

A bit of a long story, so i left it out of the original post ;)

Btw, thanks mstieber for the info on their RMA department, its good to hear that they are nice to deal with =)

gooseass
03-20-2005, 06:09 PM
i'd forge a receipt and send them a photocopy to disguise your forgery

wmendez
03-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I recently RMA'd my 980XGL (Fan Died) PNY was very helpful and they have confirmed that a replacement is on it's way. The receipt was a key factor.

lukx
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
I RMA'd 750XGL (memory died) and also had no problem with PNY service.

lots
03-21-2005, 06:14 AM
I RMA'd my Geforce4 4600 Ti (busted caps), though I dont remember if I sent a copy of the recipt or not. On the birhgt side, they sent me back a Geforce4 4800 Ti, which is basically an AGP 8x version of the 4600. Granted thats not a speed improvment really, but I thought it was neat that I got an "upgrade' for free :P

Apparently PNY's got a nice lifetime replacement on my card :P Or so, thats what the box says :)

Rabid pitbull
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Apparently PNY's got a nice lifetime replacement on my card :P Or so, thats what the box says :)

Well not exactly sure of pny policy, many manufacturers consider "lifetime" to mean the time it is available new in stores. When they stop selling them new they apparently die.... :sad:

lots
03-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Well the Geforce 4 Ti 4600 is hardly new. I replaced it 3 or 4 years after purchase.. It was something along the lines of "will be replaced with similar product if not available" *shrug* I hardly remember what exactly happened since this was a while ago..

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.