PDA

View Full Version : Great Modeling tut

proton
09-23-2002, 07:03 PM
http://www.lightwave3d.com/tutorials/modeling/dino/index.html

This is one of my personal favorites....

Lizard Head
09-23-2002, 07:24 PM
I like the little animated interface shot of the leg modeling,, thats the kind a stuff that helps people understand more easily,,, Im going to have to do that in my tutorials me thinks...hmmmmmm...

proton
09-23-2002, 07:35 PM
your tutorials....bring em on :)

Eugeny
09-23-2002, 08:08 PM
ST_Clouds... Hmm, i learned something :thumbsup:

proton
09-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Good to hear....I've learned alot of cool new tips and techniques with the large batch of tutorials that we have been hosting.....:bounce:

Kaiser_Sose
09-23-2002, 09:34 PM
I have a question

I never used the magnet tool like that and in following the directions I got something different

In the back view you can see that the points did not get pushed out in a smooth shape but rather edgy, what did I do wrong

proton
09-23-2002, 09:45 PM
compare your numeric panel....looks like your sliders are different...causing your curve to be different...

Kaiser_Sose
09-23-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by proton
compare your numeric panel....looks like your sliders are different...causing your curve to be different...

Ya, I think so ... I am working on feet from working on my own dino and I did not change it

I might be stupid but I can not follow step 2.1, it might be the translation

Is he saying to bevel the bottom selcted polygons three more time with the same numbers as the first bevel move but on the third one add a greater negative inset

proton
09-23-2002, 09:57 PM
3 bevels...the 3rd being the foot which is wider....

Kaiser_Sose
09-23-2002, 11:47 PM
I hate to say it but I am having a somewhat tedious time with this

For example, the two curves for the rail extrude are not as easy as this. First, it doesnt even go in into how to lay out and where to put the curve. After many times doing it wrong I think I finally found where to put what he called the ' scaling guide ' . From the looks of my resuts I still think I did it wrong ... this needs more detail

Why does he not have a check mark in the ' T ' for the spec texture.

All in all its a good tutorial and there is something to learn in it

proton
09-24-2002, 02:06 AM
He has sent a revised html file...not sure if it will solve your problems but the web team should have it up tomorrow....

Feel free to email the author with any questions you may have..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.