PDA

View Full Version : my first gif animated

Carlocki
09-23-2002, 07:00 PM
my first gif file?
is a sketch from a illustration for a friend of mine's birthday
while i was playing with photoshop an image ready i made this stuff

i think is cool you?

http://digilander.libero.it/carlocki/Archivio%20Carlo/avatar/avatar/sketchavatarmotion.gif

bM
09-23-2002, 07:15 PM
yeah, works fine.. how big is it?
I think Dali when seeing this.

Would be awesome if you colored it and then made it animated.
Great start, you could continue for ages adding cool animated things to that scene, making clouds move and such..

But it looks good now.

Carlocki
09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
hmmm bM_ i din't think this
yuo are right it could be just a start
anyway i'm coloring it ...the entire scene for the gift

http://digilander.libero.it/carlocki/Archivio%20Carlo/avatar/avatar/avatarproject step 2 copy.jpg

bM
09-23-2002, 07:27 PM
looks cool.
the thing that made me go back to dali was that a stone is flying/floating/hummering over land.. I like the concept.

Anyway enough of him, its your art and i like it too.
Continue working on it. Im sure your friend is gonna like it.

dmcgrath
09-23-2002, 09:14 PM
You have Dali, I give you a man by the name of Cristophe Vascher. This is a really talented individual, Ive seen some of his works up close at a gallery here in S.F. The stuff is radiant and truly inspiring.

BTW Carloki, I like your gif, its pretty cool. Now you can make the clouds move and change, :thumbsup: .

Sleepless
09-23-2002, 09:45 PM
I saw the larger version in the speed thread, I like being able to see a bit of the ground. Plus maybe a shadow cast by the floating rock on the ground would help. (of course the shadow could move too. my 2 cents

Fiber
09-23-2002, 10:33 PM
It's dreamy,i like it.
The movement of the rock is ok but i find the image tellls the tale
by itself.

Carlocki
09-23-2002, 11:37 PM
First of all i want to say thank you to everybody
You couldn't know how happy i was when tonight i find so much aswers to my thread and much more 'cause these aswers come from such talented artists.

Second that is what i like from a forum so much people putting togheter ideas, references, suggestions and so on. I love this.

so i started this project cause i wanted to give a good gift to a friend of mine that is traveling among troubles. Keep the faith Jeanne.

I started from this Roger Dean Yes cover
I also was a lot inspirated by YES
their symphonic rock has no age.

bM_: i HOpe my frind will like this. But is also important for me you are saying me to go on

Sleepless: I thought about that Shadow but not moving!!! GREAT IDEA. I think is not a good close up as u say. Thanks for the advices. Also great Tutorial

dmcgrath: Most Something like "golconda" of Magritte than A Dali One. Both surrealistic painter but Magrite try always to put sureal in a realistic scene. In Dalý all the scene is...an "other side"
the reference u gave is too interesting thanks friend. grettings to Metallica at S.F.

Fiber: thank you. yes the final project is a still a not a floating gif.

oh my good so much word i a so ugly english
forgive me father because i have sin!!!

Sleepless
09-24-2002, 03:28 AM
Roger Dean is one of the reasons I decided to be an artist.

CortÓzar
09-24-2002, 09:46 AM
hope to see soon improvements to this project, 'cuz I really love flying rocks and meteors ...expecially when they don't fall on me :surprised

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.