PDA

View Full Version : Vue With Graphic Cards?

Ed Bittner
03-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I seem to remember reading an article, or footnote when Vue.4 was making its debut, there was a reported problem with Vue D'Esprit and the N-Vidia graphics cards. I've had outstanding performance from my card,( using apps. such as Lightwave, Photoshop, etc., so I was wondering if this has been addressed. Because, (to be honest), that is really the only reason for me hanging back and not heading over to the E-ON site and picking up a copy of Vue 5 Infinite.
So, does anyone know one way or the other?
E.

Mike.H
03-18-2005, 05:37 PM
in all honesty v4(esprit) is several years old 5 if im not mistaken, and it was a buggy entity when it first came upon the world :) but v4 evolved through the years and was as far as i know it(and experienced it) rock solid for the last 1.5 years (and yes ive been using nvidia cards for the past 5-6 years).

The one thing e.on never managed to get working properly for vue4 esprit tho was opengl support in your 4 workvues, but opengl is working perfectly in v5e/v5I.

Im not aware of any issues with nvidia or ati cards with vue5 (except that using a realy old and weak graphics card might seriously affect the opengl performance, but im not sure how much of an hit using an older card might have).

In my opinion, using anything never then a geforce4 card will work flawlessly and seeing that a gf4 card is several years old by now and hardly worth more then a hamburger im pretty sure you wont experience any problems related to your graphics card so jump on over to e.on and order v5I :)

MsLin
03-18-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm using a XFX nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT and it works like a dream with Vue4, Vue4Pro, Vue5Pro and Vue5Infinite. Great OpenGL.

Dale B
03-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Currently have a Geforce 4 TI4400 and the OpenGL implementation in Vue4 Pro, Vue5, and Vue Infinite works just fine on it. You -may- have to do a little bit of driver shopping; in Vue4 and Vue4Pro, you ran into issues where one driver version would work just fine, and the next version would render it all but useless. Neither Vue 5 or Vue Infinite has shown this particular sensitivity yet, but as they shove more functions into the specification (and more importantly tweak the driver for more FPS for games) it may surface. I'm not aware of anyone using a pro level video card having trouble; it's limited to the general purpose accelerator cards.

Ed Bittner
03-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Well,
I guess that answers everything I needed to know.
Thank You All,
E.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2005, 02:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.