PDA

View Full Version : smooth mesh after wrap deformer

mechaniac
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
i am rigging a character with a low res mesh

underneath i am using another mesh with almost the same topologie (some changes were made to the mesh and the UV layout)
this secound mesh is driven by the first one with a wrap deformer.

the driven mesh also has a smooth node which gets activated just before rendering (with a driven key on the "divisions" channel)
but if i activate this node the mesh just snaps back to bind pose.

is there any possibility to get that workflow going?
i know there are workarounds like using an already smoothed version as wrap target, or binding the edited version to the joints, but i would prefer to get that workflow going because it would save alot of work.

any advice is welcome!
many thanks

djx
03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
If you look at the connections in the hypergraph you will see that the smooth node is connected to the original poly mesh, not the result of the wrap deformer. You can connect it to the right one with the connection editor and it should work as you were expecting.

edit:
This may not be as easy as I made it sound. I was working with maya's smooth-proxys today and noticed when I smooth a mesh that is already bound to a skeleton, then after, neither the original mesh or the smoothed mesh are being deformed by the skeleton. I couldnt figure out how to fix this in the hypergraph/connection editor, but luckily for me ConnectPolyShape does the smoothing in a way that works. Maybe it would work for your wrap setup too.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.