PDA

View Full Version : Free point-oven substitute

helicopterr
03-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Do anyone have know a free exporter that can export animations from Messiah to Maya? I know people are suggesting Point-Oven but I was wondering if somebody know a poor man's substitute.

helicopterr
03-18-2005, 06:05 PM
The truth is that I have been wanting to get Messiah for animation since I am sick and tired of painting weights in Maya. But in order to incorprate the elements in Messiah back to Maya, I need complete coordination between the two programs and I don't feel like shelling out an extra 99 bucks for something pmg should have taken care of.

For now the only solution to this problem seems to be a maya mel script called FINALRIG. If you hate weight painting at least this will take care of the body for you. You will still have to weight paint the face.

Nando
03-18-2005, 06:25 PM
You can send your animation Data to Maya within Messiah.
Messiah also sends animation data to LW, Max, and i Think C4D.
there are plugins/scripts that does it for every app.
So the poor mans version is already built in. ;)
Point oven to me seems, much easier to setup, and i dont have to have both Messiah, or X 3D app open, so things seem less cluttered. Also the baking is a good option if your network rendering.
99bux is cheap compared to other options like deep Exploration that work some of the time but not all of the time.
Point oven works all the time.:thumbsup:

helicopterr
03-18-2005, 07:37 PM
So a trip to Highend will solve all my problems?

Nando
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
comes with Messiah already so you dont need to search for them.
Its part of messiah so if there is an update then PMG updates the connection plugs.

helicopterr
03-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I dont think the built-in animation export allows you to export and import null locations does it?

Also the messiah to Maya connection always crashes after a while so it is really unreliable.

helicopterr
03-18-2005, 08:13 PM
This is completely unrelated though but is there anyway to configure the pan-rotate-move view so that they are same as the way I do it in Maya?

Julez4001
There plugins for maya that export the data into mdd format thats free (Maya2LW at Flay.com) but none that import the data back in.... thats where you have to buy,

CGTalk Moderation
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.