PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing info from a bitmap in Frame Buffer

EverZen
03-17-2005, 03:45 PM
High guys,

I am looking to sample colours from around a point in a bitmap that has been loaded into the VFB. If you load a bitmap into the frame buffer then right click on it, then there is a little info box that appears with the pixel colour, and the pixel 2D coordinates of the mouse point. This is the data I really really need.

Is there a way where one could click a mouse on a bit map, and it would record the 2D coordinate on the bitmap of the mouse click, and the colour?

At the moment, I cannot solve it, so I have written a small script which draws lines on the loaded bitmap, in accordance with the user sliding an x, and y slider. Once the user reaches the required point on the bitmap, then a button is pressed, which samples the colour of pixels in the area, and returns an average colour.

This is part of a procedural texturing tool that I am writing. It will sample bitmap files in specified areas you give it, and send the colours into the colour inputs of procedual textures such as noise. People are more than welcome to this when it is complete, but at the moment I am stalling over this issue. Ideally mouse clicks to obtain colour and 2d bitmap coordinates will make this tool much much faster!

Any thoughts would be really appreciated!!

Cheers guys,

Everzen

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2005, 03:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.