PDA

View Full Version : how do you draw in photoshop

Gkaine
09-23-2002, 02:14 PM
i can draw with a pencil but everytime i try to use photoshop the lines are terribly pixelated and i never get the line i want no matter how many different brushes i try. i have a wacom table tto and it still happens
i draw a line and its not a normal line, its a bunchve blocks not matching up the way they should in a line

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong

frog
09-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Well, it sounds as if something's wrong. Can you post a picture to show what happends when you try and draw a line?

TMortan
09-24-2002, 02:20 AM
Set your cavas larger. Sometimes much larger than the size you want in the end.

jeroentje
09-24-2002, 08:06 PM
You might want to take a look at this thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19859

Stalin
10-15-2002, 12:42 AM
use costume brushes, not the pencil.

capin_crunch
10-18-2002, 11:53 PM
well just food for thought, the pencil will more than likely always do that. if your looking for good solid smooth lines unlike the airbrush were the color is dithered [faded out] use the pen tool. the pen tool is a must for me when i use photoshop. if your just wanting to straight up draw with your wacom tablet use the free form pen tool it does an excellent job. and you can even go back and edit more naturally unlike the pencil tool. imho i think the pencil tool isnt very good for drawing, i just use it for straight lines and a few other things, but i am far from a photoshop guru.
/capin/crunch

chepe297
10-19-2002, 04:26 AM
The pen tool is pretty easy to use aswell.

And can create smooth surfaces easily.

Stalin
10-21-2002, 07:09 PM
have you ever tried fractal design expression?

Ed Bittner
10-26-2002, 05:23 PM
Gkane,
The line is blocking out simply because photoshop is a pixel type program.Try Illustrator or Corel Draw. They are vector based, so no matter how high you zoom in the detail will always remain smooth. Depending on the work, I use Illustrator@ 400% for detail, then reduce to 25% when taking it into Photoshop.(Works for me).
Ed

Heber
10-27-2002, 01:32 AM
actually isnt photoshop vector based? only way it changes is when a line is rasterized or you export to a lossy format...(i think)

Eudaimic
10-27-2002, 01:56 AM
No Photoshop isn't vector based at all. You can use paths if you want, but that's not really vector based drawing. The only thing that's really vector is text.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.