PDA

View Full Version : need help doing quake 3 texture

harvest
02-12-2002, 07:17 PM
hello
well i need some help looking for tutorials doing textures for quake 3 or any high res video game texture does any one know of any links to any tutorials that might be help full. The kind of textures tutorials in looking for are like the ones in this link

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1512

ThreedyModeler
02-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Go to Bobo's website. (www.bobotheseal.com) He has a 15 minute movie file (only 12MB d/l) in his tutorial section that shows you step by step his entire technique in Photoshop. Granted, what he is doing looks like it is just for a 2D concept art, but you can tell he uses the same process for his textures.

Your best bet would be to watch that, and then use something like texporter to throw your UV template into Photoshop and start working on it.

Bobo also has a tutorial for "UV Baking" which I havent tried yet. But it looks like it would be very useful as a guide to the light cast on your model while you're texturing in Photoshop.

Also doing some work in traditional painting helps with the sense of the "3D lighting" in 2D.

Hope this helps.

harvest
02-18-2002, 12:09 AM
hey thanks for the help

ThreedyModeler
02-18-2002, 03:47 AM
Sure thing. I am also working on a Quake 3 model and mapping. Good luck with your project. :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.