PDA

View Full Version : Fun little clip I'm working on

3DToons
03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I ran across this cool rigging/animation tool for Max called Character Animation Toolkit (CAT for short) you can find it here www.catoolkit.com (http://www.catoolkit.com/). I wanted to see how easy it was to animate with. I was pleasantly suprised how easy it was! I did this 43 second clip in about 12 hours. It was very easy to pose and rough out. I'd love to hear any critiques so far. I know it gets a little "floaty" in parts. I'd like to make it a bit more snappy. Anyway, enjoy.

http://www.3dtoons.com/Animation/shaneotoon.mov (Right-Click Save-As 10mgQT.mov)

-ShaneO

(P.S. The clip is Chris Farley from TommyBoy)

krusty@trix.com.au
03-31-2005, 12:39 AM
awesome love it the dialoug rocks

K

bzudo
04-02-2005, 10:00 AM
awesome clip. you picked a perfect voice to work with. so much emotion in the whole thing. the only thing i think that could use some touch up is the expressiveness with the eyes. like when he's sobbing about the pet being killed. the "inidian joe joe boy part" looks great.

dado24
04-02-2005, 02:56 PM
i think it's awesome. his movements are great, very expressive, and his voice too. the only problem is that my english isnt that good, so i just understand what he says at the begining and at the end

Sinistar83
05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
ShaneO,

Great job on the animation! The only thing I noticed odd is that when he lunges towards the camera at the beginning (when he talks about jojo), his right knee looks like it touches his toe. But I think you intended that for exaggeration purposes maybe? :)
Anyway, I was checking out that CAT page, does it support the facial animation like that? I'm going to download the demo now.

PS: I love your demo reel, too :)

Wilson-3d
05-13-2005, 05:37 PM
For the amount of animation you did in twelve hours it is looking good. I really like the part where he is laying into it with his teeth. The timing is great. I think the biggest thing at this point is that his hands don't look like they touch the ground when he gets up. Nice work.

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.