PDA

View Full Version : WorkFlow Question

AnthonyC
03-16-2005, 06:03 PM
From what I saw in the Vue5 Infinite demo, it was quite impressive!!!

I do understand that Vue 5 has the multi-pass capabilities. But let me clarify what I how I would handle this scene...

What I would like to do is model a city in 3ds Max, animate a camera flying through the scene, then render the animation of the city geometry in Max.

Next I would import that whole model scene into Vue, then match and sync the camera path with Vue's camera.

I would then place a bunch of trees in the scene with Vue, possibly using the ecosystem.

In Vue 5 infinite, Is it possible to place a matte/shadow material on the whole city scene, so that when it renders out the animation, the trees would be masked out where they fall behind the buildings? I would also need the matte objects to recieve the tree's shadows.

Both the city pass and tree pass would be composited in Combustion.

Is this workflow possible with Vue 5?

Thanks,

- Anthony

Phoul
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
At first, I hope I correctly understood (my english is so bad, sorry).
I think it is possible. Many ways in fact. the easy way is to use G-Buffer channels from rpf or rla renders.
I compose with After Effects 6.5 Pro. I can use rpf or rla renders from Vue 5 Infinite.
Do Combution import rla or rpf? I do not know. I hope.
Regards.

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.