PDA

View Full Version : Maya questions . . .

suzannah
03-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Here a few Maya problems I've been having recently, I was hoping someone would be able to help me with them . . . One is to do with rigging, one is a little less specific.

Is there any way to freeze transformation on a skeleton through the root joint once IKs and control objects have been set up? I keep getting a message that says it can't freeze because of incoming connections, but without being frozen, the joints occasionally decide to reorient themselves into wierd configurations.

Also, I've been modeling a lot of simple geometric building recetly, and in order to keep the tri count low I've been deleting edges and vertices - even though it creates five sided objects and other things which don't make a lot of geometric shapes. It works fine, but both of the models I've done this to make Maya 'unexpectedly quit' whenever I try to open them. Is this related? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for the help in advance. I <3 CGTalk!

Suzannah

Caypiranha
03-17-2005, 03:30 AM
hi Su, with the joint rotation: hit F8. From the top Icon bar (over the Shelf - donīt ask me the name for that) hit the black questionmark, and make sure you have "local rotation axis " checked on. now i hope that you can see all the axis, wich you can rotate now by hand.
Once I learnd to move joints only by pressing the "d" button (simiilar to move pivot!) I am no pro in rigging and charaktersetup, so i cant help you that much here. But you can do some things to prevent such probs. So: ...http://www.learning-maya.com/rigging.php ... is maybe a little help, if you still havenīt heard about it yet.

Your other prob, is a lill confusing. Youīre working everytime with the same Version? Iīve heard about trouble changing also from the PL(?) Edition to the normal Maya one. But at first glance, it doesnīt sound like a geometric problem.

cheers! :thumbsup:
Kay

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2005, 03:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.