PDA

View Full Version : Select tool doesn't match the grid

YoYoYohan
03-15-2005, 05:42 PM
This is so anoying. I had this a couple of times before, and i don't know how to fix it.

I have added a grid to my images so i can work more preciser. But the select tool is not infecting by the grid. Even when i have "snap to grid" enabled. As you can see on the attachement it's not alligent at all. Does anyone know how to fix it? It starts to be anoying.

theGuest
03-16-2005, 04:50 AM
Check to see that in your Prefs, you don't have your grid's main line and subdivision line set to the same number. Your subline number should be at least half the main gridline number. When they're both set to the same number it seems to nullify the snapping effect for whatever reason.

Also... just to be sure... make sure that under the VIEW menu you have the SNAP option selected as well as the SNAP-TO options. Both have to be selected.
Try that, see if it helps. :bounce:

YoYoYohan
03-16-2005, 09:03 PM
thanks for the help. but im afraid to tell you it didn't work :(
Sometimes it's good though, but when i change the grid size it's all meshed up again.

halo
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
the snap has a radius of effect...get too far away from the grid lines and it wont snap...

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.