PDA

View Full Version : My amature movie.... Shinji Productions

Digiegg
09-22-2002, 10:52 PM
ok, I made a small movie for my college (School of Visual Arts) that I want to go to.

http://members.cox.net/dkim31/stagebigdivx.zip

It's just a lil cute movie I made... just like pixel has one with the lamp.

http://members.cox.net/dj-shinji
my home!

erwin1978
09-22-2002, 11:35 PM
That was stupid.:surprised

t-toe
09-23-2002, 05:01 AM
For the record, that WASN'T stupid. It was just a cute little thing like Nissan said... :thumbsup:

DarkBane
09-23-2002, 05:37 AM
That's the best critique your have Erwin. This isn't a forum where we post our stuff so others can call it stupid ot say it sux. I know I wouldn't want to post my stuff here if I knew someone like you was going to be looking at it.

Try, for example:

-It may need some work
-We need a better understanding of exactly what he's trying to say in the skit..
It could use some improvements.

If people are just gonna throw slams at each others work, then I'd rather get some advice somewhere else.

Or just have people like you not look at the work that I put my Blood, Sweat, and Tears in to.

Erwin, Your stupid.

E.T
09-23-2002, 07:13 AM
I totally agree with you DarkBone

on to the crits:

Its not stupid, its kinda cute.
Although it doesnt really feel finished. Theres no textures to talk about, the ones that exist are sort of unifinished. But what you DO have is a nice foundation. It made me smile with the mike sound and all. Although i dont really understand the ending. If he is just supposed to be swooped up by the other droid, it should be a lot faster. As it is now, im expecting to see a follow up on the first gag. When i dont get any "second part", i get a bit disappointed. Because (as i said) the mike thing really made me smile. so there....
my 2 cents, i hope they help some.

E.T

erwin1978
09-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by DarkBane
That's the best critique your have Erwin. This isn't a forum where we post our stuff so others can call it stupid ot say it sux. I know I wouldn't want to post my stuff here if I knew someone like you was going to be looking at it.

Try, for example:

-It may need some work
-We need a better understanding of exactly what he's trying to say in the skit..
It could use some improvements.

If people are just gonna throw slams at each others work, then I'd rather get some advice somewhere else.

Or just have people like you not look at the work that I put my Blood, Sweat, and Tears in to.

Erwin, Your stupid.

You misspelled "you're." It's not "Your." Sucka!:scream:

ODD
09-23-2002, 01:48 PM
ohhhhh erwin1978 shut up!
i like zur clip its very funny and cute!
but it need more work expect the textures! and u need more objects on the screen! go on!

Digiegg
09-23-2002, 04:31 PM
thanks for defending me guys.
I made this in Bryce.. that's what they are teaching me at school right now and if you have used this program, you guys would know that this isn't the program to model things with.
It isn't a very flexible program. Thanks for your comments. I'll go work on it more.
^^
-shinji

ODD
09-23-2002, 05:11 PM
hmmmm i am modeling in maya but i heard that Z-Brush is good
for newbies in modeling! u can try this!
u should learn a second 3d programm!
maybe u can make landscape and nature objects with bryce
and compose it with models from other programms?

sorry for my bad english !

Digiegg
09-23-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm currretly trying to learn 3D max on my own.
so yea...

ODD
09-23-2002, 06:53 PM
good choice
u should learn a 2d paint programm too!
PHOTOSHOP is the non plus ultra in texturing!
good luck!

dark_lotus
09-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Brings me back to the good ol' days.

That was kinda cute, although it wasn't very well scripted, As for software I'd go with lw just because the edu version is less than $100 more expensive than Bryce.

3dsmax is very expensive.

Digiegg
09-23-2002, 11:23 PM
I'm thinking of what I should do after they clean up the mess..
hmmm..
thinking of using my mega man, but it's hard for him to move around... I'll see what I can do.

majormayhem
09-23-2002, 11:29 PM
umm your=as in your comment was wrong
you're=as in you are stupid

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.