PDA

View Full Version : animated mask like shake

thehive
03-15-2005, 03:13 PM
how do you animate a mask in AE like in shake, in shke you ad points hit autokey an jus adjust
i have yet to find a good way of animating masks in AE when i do ? any ideas thanks

artisanfx
03-15-2005, 08:13 PM
how do you animate a mask in AE like in shake, in shke you ad points hit autokey an jus adjust
i have yet to find a good way of animating masks in AE when i do ? any ideas thanks

There is no way in AE to animate a mask like you did in shake or automask what you can do is animated shape with key frames in AE

you can set key for all the points in the shape seperatly to make a animated mask for your layer

:sad:

thehive
03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
i think i have tried that an the shape does like a auto translate , like it will determin what is the best shape rather than follow what i have done , hope im making sence

mauroneves
03-21-2005, 04:45 AM
To animate a mask in AE you need to select the layer where you have your mask on the timeline then press "m" to see the mask attributes then click on the little clock right next to your mask shape. After you move the cursor on the timeline and reajust your mask, automatically another key is created. I hope this could help you.
Later.
;-)

Ques
03-24-2005, 12:24 PM
And if you want to mak AE follow your move more accurate, I am afraid you just have to use more anchor points and keyrfames. That's the closest you can get.

Paulumbo
03-24-2005, 04:13 PM
You can get more accuracy with the pen tool and less points on your path by clicking the pen tool icon on the tool pallet, and unchecking the tick box named RotoBezier underneath the icons. This lets you create a path with adjustable bezier handles.

AAAron
03-27-2005, 01:33 AM
..that they sould add support for keyframing each point seperatly in a mask, for version 7.0.
Thats what I have done and I recomend other to do the same!! They have a form on there website where you can put up requests for future versions. If enough people complain at the lacks in there masking tools they might fix them.

I mean curious gFx can add separate keys for each point in a mask, why canīt AFX? :banghead:

artisanfx
03-27-2005, 03:31 AM
..that they sould add support for keyframing each point seperatly in a mask, for version 7.0.
Thats what I have done and I recomend other to do the same!! They have a form on there website where you can put up requests for future versions. If enough people complain at the lacks in there masking tools they might fix them.

I mean curious gFx can add separate keys for each point in a mask, why canīt AFX? :banghead:

I agree I think we should all do that

rosem
03-28-2005, 09:07 AM
So all those videos you see with growing flowers and stuff, would that be done in shake or AE?

I always assumed AE, but maybe people are doing it in shake if it's easier?

Paulumbo
03-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Can you show examples of the "growing flowers", you dont need to use masks in every situation, the stroke filter can be used to reveal a layer, or sometimes a simple wipe transition is all that is needed.

Shinjipierre
03-28-2005, 12:40 PM
growing flowers = paint effects in maya ;)

AAAron
03-28-2005, 10:22 PM
So all those videos you see with growing flowers and stuff, would that be done in shake or AE?

I always assumed AE, but maybe people are doing it in shake if it's easier?

I made some pretty stuff like that (2D growth) in AE but the animation tends to have a LOT of key frames. Also it feels like one have to get the animation right from the begining, since you canīt fix a single points motion without interfering with otherīs.

rosem
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Anything online I can see?

artisanfx
03-29-2005, 12:10 AM
yeah it would be nice to see it online :)

AAAron
03-29-2005, 01:03 AM
http://www.madaction.com/video.htmlThe ink away face in the end of the Smile video is one example, I can see that they dindīt use the finalversion.. In the end version thereīs a overlay that makes the whole thing look more "paper and ink like" + some minor tweaks.

rosem
03-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Awesome Video (Smile)

Did you make that by yourself?

Also, care if I get your AIM name so I can ask you some AE questions ? :)

AAAron
03-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Awesome Video (Smile)

Did you make that by yourself?

Also, care if I get your AIM name so I can ask you some AE questions ? :)

No no, I worked on it, Iīm not a director yet...:)

Dosenīt use AIM but feel free to PM me on cgtalk if you need any help or tips.

Cheers/ Aron

artisanfx
03-29-2005, 09:27 AM
AAAron is that video clip made by you http://www.madaction.com/video/smile.mov

looks pretty hard work and also really nice :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2005, 09:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.