PDA

View Full Version : flickering in the computer screen when looking through a camera

lank
03-15-2005, 02:39 PM
hi pals,

just a doubt,

for my VFX project i have a shot where i'll have to show as if i'm working on my computer . but when i record it there is alway a flickering in the computer screen which i know its b'cos the refresh of the monitor screen and the video cam doesn't synch.

is there any way arround to solve this. i dont have any mointor capturing s/w. i just got a vidoe cam.

lank...

erky
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
If you have an lcd available, it won't flicker.

lank
03-15-2005, 07:14 PM
hi erky,

thanks for the inforamtion, but in don't have an LCD either. i'll have to look another way arround. anyhow i've downloaded Camtasia Studio Trial Vresion hope that works.

thankxxxx...
lank

ChristopherP
03-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I haven't used digital cams too much, but i know (not 100% sure ;) ) that in some (canon's XL1-series for example) there is a mode that can suppress this flickering. Maybe looking through the manual helps you with that.

Hope that helped

Chris

strangerthings
03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Have you tried changing the monitor refresh rate to match the video rate (multiplied)

ie PAL = monitor refresh rate at 50 or 100hz
NTSC = 60hz or 12 hz

lank
03-16-2005, 06:09 PM
jblaze - i'm useing a sony video cam that's what they provide in our college. anyhow thanks for the information.

stranegrthings - i would be glad to here if u could tell me the way to change the monitors refresh rate to that of video cams.

rightnow my idea is to fake a portion of shot by PrintScreening and cutting vieport of the maya and placing a rendered image sequence in the place of viewport.

for a more complex shot where i need to show my cursor or UVtextureEdior window opening i'll have find a way to do it.

lank..

strangerthings
03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
if it's window's

right click on the desktop > properties > settings tab > advanced button > monitor tab

should be in there.... you may or may not be able to get the refresh you need.

if it's mac....

dunno - except it is probably in the control panel settings

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.