PDA

View Full Version : animating text being written

prats
03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I am supposed to animate a text ( like a signature) being written by a pen. Could anyone please help me with this. I'm a newbie, so u'll have to explain in full detail.
thank u

gunslingerblack
03-15-2005, 01:37 PM
i would suggest, posting this in the application specific forum where you can get it answered by people who know what they are talking about instead of just breezed over by people who dont care enough to tell u this. so whichever app ur using, go to that forum and post ur question there.

prats
03-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Ok Maybe i'll just do that, but thanks

Spiffjackson
03-18-2005, 05:04 AM
my suggestion would be to get your hands on After Effects and use a plugin from Trapcode called 3d Stroke. That is the perfect tool for what you are trying to do.

prats
03-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Spiff: Thanks for that ...I'll try and get hold of that plug in. Maybe it will help me.

Spiffjackson
03-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I think that would be your best bet. Trapcode 3d Stroke. It also has Shine and starglow.
In my opinion the trapcode plugins are the best set of effects you can get for AE.
good luck with your project. I have done one similar to that recently that was used in conjunction with AE and Maya. came out really good.

best,
clint

franklyn
03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
this might be stupid but havent realy stated if this is a 3d project or a 2d project ?
i recently did one of these in flash ...i think that an animated alpha mask would work best if u are doing it in 3d ..and the same in 2d ..tho for the 2d one u will have to break it up into what is overlapping and what isnt ...

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2005, 08:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.