PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 Infinite Ships

Leonard
03-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Vue 5 Infinite Ships
Posted 15 March 2005, Leonard Teo

e-on software (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/) announces the immediate availability of the much-anticipated Vue 5 Infinite, for Mac OSX and Windows. Vue 5 Infinite is the newest version of the company’s flagship solution for the creation of natural 3D environments. Specifically designed for graphics professionals, Vue 5 Infinite combines a multitude of cutting edge features such as the revolutionary new EcoSystem technology that easily integrate into existing production pipelines.

"Because it excels both as a final rendering engine and as a cooperative tool for high-end 3D and post-production applications, Vue 5 Infinite is the perfect solution for professional CG designers wanting to include natural 3D environments in their production pipeline", said Nicholas Phelps, President of e-on software.

Vue 5 Infinite naturally integrates and extends major 3D applications (Discreet 3D Studio MAX, Alias Maya, NewTek LightWave, Maxon Cinema4D and Avid Softimage XSI) to provide a complete, professional natural 3D studio.

With over 110 new features and product enhancements, Vue 5 Infinite is the most efficient and advanced solution for creating, animating and rendering natural 3D environments.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/press_releases/2005_03/vue/fluvialforest.jpg

Following is a list of features available in Vue 5 Infinite:

Revolutionary EcoSystem technology to populate scenes with millions of animated plants, rocks or objects;
Single objects and complete scenes can be exported to major 3D applications, including 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya, Softimage XSI and others;
Camera and light synchronization with 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya and Softimage XSI for perfectly matching renders;
G-Buffer and Multi-Pass rendering with fully anti-aliased masks for advanced compositing;
Multi-layer PSD, RLA and RPF file format support for use with e.g. Discreet Combustion or Adobe After Effects;
Procedural Terrains with sub-pixel detail whatever the viewing distance,
Plant editing technology with full export capabilities and animation support for simulating the effects of wind through trees;
Global Illumination and Radiosity,
High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) and Image Based Lighting (IBL),
Baking of indirect lighting, advanced illumination controls,
SmartGraph advanced function and material editor with Full shader customization, advanced time-dependent effects and non photo-realistic rendering;
Ultra fast OpenGL-based pre-rendering engine for quick and easy previewing;
Hybrid network rendering of single pictures or animations using RenderCow technology on Windows and MacOS X, including leveraging Apple RendezVous technology to easily transform a rack of Apple MacOS X Servers into a render farm;
AccuShadows advanced shadow mapping technologies;
Ultra-fast Hybrid 2.5D motion-blur rendering engine;
Python-based application and scene scripting with full access to hundreds of internal functions and structures for customization and creation of new rendering effects;
3D Text, Metablobs, pre-animated meshes, integrated post-processing, camera switching… and numerous other productivity and feature enhancements.
A complete product description, a 5’ video presentation and a detailed list of features are available here (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue5infinite).

Vue 5 Infinite retails at $599, with upgrades available from Vue 4 Professional at $149 until March 31, and sidegrades from other e-on software products (see website for details). Educational versions of Vue 5 Infinite are available at $299 for single user licenses (site licensing also available).

Related Links
e-on Software (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/)

rev-camus
03-15-2005, 07:58 PM
can i create a model, lets say a house in Maya, texture map it (UV) and import my model in vue? would the model import textured mapped or would i have to map it in vue?
thx.

czarnyrobert
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Sure you can - it is what I do all the time, usualy to exchange models with Vue I use 3DS or OBJ format, here are 3D formats imported by Vue
3DS: 3D Studio™ object file format.
3DMF: 3D Metafile object file format.
COB: TrueSpace™ object file format.
DEM: USGS Digital Elevation Model. Terrains are placed according to information in the file (ideal for importing multi-part DEMs).
DXF: AutoCad™ object file format.
LWO, LWO2: LightWave™ object file format.
OBJ: Wavefront™ object file format (with automatic MTL library conversion).
PZ3, PZZ: Curious Labs™ Poser® static/animated scene import*.
RAW: Raw geometry file format.
SHD: Shade™ object file format.
TGA: 16 bit RG encoded Targa altitude map
WML: VRML object file format.
PZ3, COB, 3DS, LWO and OBJ formats are converted together with UV mapping information and texture maps

Later while I have an object imprted to Vue I enhance its bitmaped textures mixing them with procedural ones to add some stains, weathering etc. So even with simple bitmaps you can obtain cool looking textures with variations characteristic to procedural fractal shaders.

Invid
03-16-2005, 05:38 AM
I've had my eye on this for awhile now. Does anyone know if they offer this under an educational pricing structure or is it all one price regardless, minus the upgrade option of course.

Mike.H
03-16-2005, 10:34 AM
just going to add that dem files do work but they are capped at 2048x2048 which is unfortunate of course so we´re trying to get e.on to increase that cap now that v5I is out.

INVID: here you go, the academic price for v5I is 299 us$/€ (€ + vat as always)

rev-camus
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Thank you robert for the awnsers, I can't wait to get to it!
If you have any tips for a vue 5 beginer, let me know!
I'm a pretty good Maya user, i was looking a vue 5 because it looks like the environment side of things can be done much faster and nicer than in Maya itself!
Thanks again.

Invid
03-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Thanks Mike. I just bought the educational Modo and I think Vue 5 would go well with it. Model then render in environment.

Luis J.
03-22-2005, 02:44 AM
Can anyone confirm that Vue 5 Infinite is shipping? Does anyone know anybody who has actually received a physical version of Vue 5 Infinite?

Mike.H
03-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Yes it is shipping, Yes there are several users that´s already recieved a physical version of v5I and not just beta testers.

E.on/ups is usualy quite fast when it comes to delivering vue, but the interest for v5I seems to be pretty high so there seems to be some backorders right now, but im sure e.on will catch up pretty soon.

Delivery has previously happened in just a few days in my case(france to sweden).

richcz3
03-22-2005, 04:18 PM
I received email confimation my order shipped Yesterday. Its in Northern California (West Sacrmento) coming down via UPS Ground. I should see it by tomorrow or Thursday.
I then received an email this morning telling me that a gentleman at E-On took seriously ill the day shipping was to commence. This was a cause to briefly delaying orders. European orders were not affected. Must be a pretty small operation working in Oregon.

Luis J.
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I should have clarified that this was in reference to U.S. shipping of Vue 5.

I too just got notice that my order shipped today by UPS and I should be getting by Friday. I also received the letter about the guy that had a heart attack on March 14. Although I feel bad for the guy (and I hope he's doing better) I can't see how one employee being absent could bring down an entire company. That was my complaint with e-on. I understand the overwhelming demand taking them by surprise, but my order was paid for and placed on March 3. The orders that were already placed before March 14th shouldn't have taken them by surprise. They had plenty of time to think out their strategy to at least get those orders out on time. 'nuff said though. water under the bridge...

digefxgrp
03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Must be a pretty small operation working in Oregon .

I'll say. I live about a half an hour away from their Beaverton office and they still wouldn't allow me to pick up a copy in person, and wouldn't even guarantee two-day delivery. It was that inflexibility that lost them the sale. We needed something immediately and therefore ended up going with Terragen for the project.

Megalodon
03-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I can't imagine using ANY software right out of the box on an immediate project. I've used Lightwave for MANY years and would never consider using a brand new version for a project I had to do right away without first checking it through for a couple of weeks to find the various quirks. You've also got WorldBuilder and World Construction Set that are presently stable and work well. Terragen is great for clouds and terrain - in fact the clouds are currently better than anything I've seen in any of the Vue line. I hope that E-On improves their cloud generator and gets a more Terragen look, i.e. more realistic! If it's just terrain, any of the Vue products work great - though cost-wise Terragen is better IF you just want to export terrain.

Bottom line... Vue5 Infinite looks great. Mine should arrive tomorrow! :)

Megalodon

sacslacker
03-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I've been waiting here in Sacramento as well for a while. I received the email this morning explaining the situation (bummer) so I really hope I receive this today. My order has been in the "Being Reviewed" stage for days now. Luckily, this software wasn't needed for an immediate project or we'd be toast. Anyway, the Vue demo has already proved the value of the software to me. I'm just a little leary of the support we might have from such a small company.

On a side note, I'm really curious about V5I's integration with Maya 6.0. Does anyone have any experience with this yet? It sounds extremely promising!

richcz3
03-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Arrived early this morning. Didn't realize it till after lunch and it was sitting alone in the shipping department.

It comes with a pretty think manual (583 Pages), a color Quick Reference Card, Registration form with License Number and Two CD's. Oh yes...and a Bookmark. Now it's time to install this puppy and experiment. :thumbsup:

Luis J.
03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
583 page manual? Wow, that's big! Hope it's well written and thorough. Any performance difference?

Congrats

Bob Gerber
03-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone in the US who ordered Vue 5 Infinite during last week has detected any progress toward fulfilling our orders? Thus far, I have been stuck at the LOGGED initial position for a week but I did receive the note about David's hospitalization. My prayers go out to him but I also hope they are not a single person operation.

Apparently someone is around because it took e-on no time at all to debit my account for $615. But nothing since then.

I have also registered a copy of Ozone 2 for C4D with a promise of 2 day turnaround for the final serial number. Apparently that goes through the same bottlenecks because I have heard nothing back on that either.

I would ask e-on directly rather than use this forum but, of course, they have engineered their site so that this is practically impossible to do.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. I am just so far back at the end of the line that I am looking for some reassurance that the store is open. If anyone from e-on happens to be reading this, some estimated delivery dates would be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Gerber
Gerber Grafix

Philipstudios
03-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Meanwhile I'll play with 4 Pro until Infinite will arrive :D

Carpenter
03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
One of the frustrating things about online ordering is some outfits will bill your credit card before they actually ship the product, this can mean you have paid for a product weeks before you actually get it...

I am waiting patiently for all the craziness of the new version coming out before I order my copy, from the generally positive feedback here I am really looking forward to playing with the demo :)

Rich

Luis J.
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
"Something" must be going on over there. They sent an e-mail out stating that the guy that does the shipping had a heart-attack on March 14. I tried for days to get a hold them via e-mail, postings, etc. to no avail. Finally when I did they said they were "overwhelmed." I told them I could understand but it didn't explain why the pre-paid pre-ordered shipments hadn't gone out... I was finally told to contact "Ceciele Laurens". Although I still haven't recieved a reply from him or her, my order shipped the following day.

good luck.

Kevin Sanderson
03-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Mine arrived by UPS 3/29/05.

Kevin

Bob Gerber
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Mine arrived last night. Order to arrival was a little over two weeks. I will add my intial comments that, for me, the most remarkable aspect of opening the box was the manual. Very high quality production here. As good or better production quality than Adobe manuals and a lot more informative.

I purposely kept the manual closed and just played with atmospheres and lighting to get to know the renderer a bit better. I am rendering some doodles now while I go to work.

General first impressions as someone who has never really liked or used Vue much in the past: Vue 5 Infinite is a different species. I know this analogy will offend some purists but in the crudest non-technical terms, what can you buy in today's CG world for $599? Vue 5 Infinite and Photoshop CS2. These two are completely different packages, of course, but in terms of the full featured functionality for your money, I think they are in the same league.

I am particularly impressed with the system awareness that 5i showed me last night. At one point, I decided to blow it out with almost all the render quality options and g-buffer/multipass options selected. I really wanted to see that mongo PSD file with all the layers and channels. I also figured it made sense to render to disk. When I hit render, the program came up with a very detailed warning about the memory ramifications of my choices. I could either blow off the warning and proceed or heed their warnings and, with one click, turn off the render options that Vue recommended in order to render to disk.
Very impressive.

Bob Gerber
Gerber Grafix

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.