PDA

View Full Version : Freezing A Pose?

Thomas Smith
03-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Hello All, Ok i have a model rigged and posed. But i want to freeze the geometry delete the bones and be left with the model in the pose.

How would i do this?

Thanks for the help
Thomas

Matt Leishman
03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
well, if that's really what you want to do ... i'd suggest you first save a backup copy of that file just in case you may ever need to go back and tweak the pose again.

there are any number of ways you could do this, but the most basic is probably just by selecting the deformed geometry, and then deleting its history. The skinClusters will then be gone from your history stack, and essentially the geometry will have its deformations "frozen". You could then delete the rig or not, it doesn't really matter at that point, seeing as how the geometry is no longer bound to the joints via the skinClusters (or whatever method you used to bind the geometry to the joints).

hope that helps some.

StuartVarrall
03-15-2005, 04:00 AM
Another way, if you want to keep the bound geometry in the scene, is to just duplicate the geometry. [edit->duplicate]

That way you'll have the original bound model, along with a copy in the static pose to do with as you please....

stu

Thomas Smith
03-15-2005, 07:05 AM
thanks for the help guys

thomas

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 07:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.