PDA

View Full Version : Life of the charcter DVD series

wavesmack
03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
http://www.cmivfx.com/dvd_VFXkit.asp

This Multi-Disk DVD set is the ULTIMATE tool for learning Visual Effects.

That's right, we listened to you when you asked us for a complete training series. Don't fall for the competitions abusive financial scams. Walk away from this disk set with a clear head and a knowledge of the ART and Software. Remember software changes almost daily.. so keeping up with it is a completely different challenge. What you need is a fresh perspective on ARTISTIC skills. This is what we offer to you at an enourmous savings. We will even take your old GNOMON and DIGITAL TUTORS DVD's to give you 50% off of ours. We don't feel like you should be punished for making one bad decision. Email for instructions.

ALL DVD's Come in to resolutions: 1280 Hi-res and 640 Standard-resolutions

EARLYBIRD SPECIAL $129 for 2 DVD set.
(we are releasing these two first at a special price, prices could increase later.)

DVD 2:
From 2D Concept to 3D Model
EST running time: 2 hours

You have seen all types of box modeling methods on the internet. All of them require detail tweaking later on. Learn how to model providing the proper forms an contours from the beggining. Do your clients change there mind half way through? Learn how to change the physical structure using the same geometry.This DVD focuses on the artisct teqhnicues of sculpting while applying them digitally using the MAYA software program. The video on this DVD is perfect for beggning to expert users.

BUY NOW**** see kit

DVD 3:
zBrush Displacements
EST running time: 1.5 hours

Our polls have show that the public would like to see a zBrush continuation of a previously made model out of maya. So thats what we did! We show the process of the island creature in this new phase of displacment modeling. Learn how to build geometry out of geo strips and patterns to get the ultimatte definition of your character. The character is not a stripped dpwn example of what you might use. This character is one of the most complex characters seen to date.Learn how to set up the geometery for future paintFX applications. We took 40 hours of work and reduced to 1.5 hours for your convenience. (DVD5)
BUY NOW****see kit

Total Kit Price For 2 DVD's Earlybird Special:

$129.00

DirtEater
03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Your DVD's look and sound nice, but bashing Gnomon makes you sound much more business minded. To be honest, this sounds more like an "abusive financial scam" than Gnomon or DT. Maybe you could just try and benefit the community with the other guys and be a little nicer?

Not to sound to harsh; I'm interested in what you have to offer, so it would help a lot if you included many more screenshots on your site.

Good luck!

Jason

SheepFactory
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
I am sorry but you sound like a used car salesman. Slandering your competitors in such a immature way speaks volumes about your credibility.

you lost one customer here.

thematt
03-14-2005, 05:46 PM
We will even take your old GNOMON and DIGITAL TUTORS DVD's to give you 50% off of ours. We don't feel like you should be punished for making one bad decision. Email for instructions.

man, that's definetly not something to say!!..mostly since the z bruch DVD from alex alvarez and Co seems really great.
By the way I really dislike the design of your creature at least Gnomon is doing effort on that point, and it makes it mush more appealing.My POV.

ambient-whisper
03-15-2005, 02:32 AM
whats wrong with josh tiefers model?

http://www.naatch.com/pages/2/index.htm

i think the design is fine.

mmkelly011881
03-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Is Josh even associated with this company?

davijin
03-15-2005, 03:06 AM
im with sheepfactory on this on, your product looks cool but talking about Gnomon and Digital tutors dvds like that shows a total lack of professionalism. Your entitled to your opinion on their products, (personally I think they both make great products) but to talk about them in an advertisement is just wrong.

Pinoy McGee
03-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Oooofff....Hire a pro copy writer dudes. You've just alienated a good percentage of your potential market.

Hope you'll consider investing in a spellchecking app with your first sale.

TheLostVertex
03-15-2005, 03:53 AM
Oooofff....Hire a pro copy writer dudes. You've just alienated a good percentage of your potential market.

Hope you'll consider investing in a spellchecking app with your first sale.

He has no excuse.
http://www.openoffice.org/

and there is also
http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
for firefox.

Signal2Noise
03-15-2005, 04:33 AM
... We will even take your old GNOMON and DIGITAL TUTORS DVD's to give you 50% off of ours. ...

Hmmm, is that so you can learn from the pros in an attempt to plagiarize/make your own tutorials?

... We don't feel like you should be punished for making one bad decision. ...

So we're idiots are we? We can't make decisions? Looks like you made a bad decision in posting your tripe here, bucko!

Go on, live up to your name and look in the mirror, wave, and then smack yourself for being a dolt. And please change your title from "Executive Graphics Consultant" to something more appropriate like...oh, I don't know..."Chief Spelling Bee Champion".

ambient-whisper
03-15-2005, 04:58 AM
im being unbiased here, and not taking any sides.

signal to noise: that is not needed. did they do something bad to your mother? dont put words into peoples mouths, and dont insult em. not on this board anyway.

mmkelly011881: i dont know. but that is his model that is on their website. so im guessing he could have been commisioned to make something for them. considering hes a great sculptor and has done some good things with zbrush, i think hes a great candidate to share information on the way he works.

Signal2Noise
03-15-2005, 05:04 AM
.. did they do something bad to your mother? ...

I phoned my mother and luckily she seems to be okay. But I've put her on alert. ;)

Sorry, I got caught up in the moment. I still stand by my comments though.

Slurry
03-15-2005, 05:18 AM
I wonder, if a customer doesn't like your DVD, will you return their Gnomon and Digital Tutor DVDs?

BlackNull
03-15-2005, 05:29 AM
haha, hilarious, I've never seen this happen before...by starting a thread like this what did u expect???

thematt
03-15-2005, 06:34 AM
whats wrong with josh tiefers model?

nothing wrong with the model..I just think the design of it is quite usual for another Maya Z brsh DVD, Josh has some terrific model and design on his website, but this one is really common, I would have like something more special than another dragon sort of...like i say some might find it absolutly great it's really my opinion.
I really think the Arron sims DVD from gnomon for exemple have great design that he takes to color and it really help selling for me...because I can actually learn on that point to on how to make efficient design.

Sure don't want to offend the artist, the information inside the DVD is probably very valuable but I find it not appealiing i'll keep my gnomon. ;)

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 06:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.